Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Johoohno »

Vote count Day 2
(10 players alive = 6 to lynch before deadline)

(3) mothrax – ZONEACE, Tazaro, scotmany12
(2) nopointinactingup – Cuethlachtli, mothrax

Not voting: Blackberry, nopointinactingup, Simenon, Thief, tumescence

:arrow: Deadline Day 2 is September 3

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Simenon »

Rereading; will have results in a few hours.
thief wrote:Any reason you pushed the notion that it was either lynch CDB or nothing? Because mothrax could've been lynched with one vote move. Thoughts on that slot?
I didn't read the deadline rules. I assumed it was either a majority or no lynch.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Cuetlachtli »

So from what I gather, the case on Mothrax is...

1. He had a potential scum slip with his comments about BB's alignment.

2. He lurked during the latter part of Day 1.

Here are some points in Mothrax's favor:
Assuming that if Moth is scum, then BB is scum and vice-versa.

1. Moth didn't buy the emotional overreaction argument on me. You would think scum-Moth would have road that wagon.

2. BB had a potential town slip by reading Cuet ISO 36 as a scum buss. Scum-BB could have been acting and anticipating town cred for his bad read. Or scum-BB could have been trying to get me quick lynched on Day 1 and keep the fail lurker, CDB, around for Day 2 or later. IMO, I think BB was being sincere when he accused me of bussing.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Tazaro »

I'm v/la on Tuesday and/or Wednesday/Thursday. Probably not so much on Thursday, and maybe I'll be fine Wed afternoon sometime
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

What do you know. My two/ three scum reads suddenly OGMUSing me.
@Mothrax: Present your case against me if you genuinely feel I'm scummy. Don't just say I'm scummy.
@Cuet: I can see you as an extremely single minded individual so I will stop arguing with you over the fact that you are emotional or not because I deem it not only anti-town and a waste of time but also contentless information that may cause confusion and cloud out important info for us to review in the future. I gave my reasoning for why you are scummy, I've explained and it doesn't matter to me if YOU are convinced of the evidence on you.
And btw,
Cuetlachtli wrote: 1. Moth didn't buy the emotional overreaction argument on me. You would think scum-Moth would have road that wagon.
This is an invalid reasoning to put a town tag on Mothrax. It reeks with buddying.

On a further note, I have vested interest in the way Mothrax's wagon was formulated with 3 unexplained votes.
Tazaro wrote:cuet, I wanted to hear from you cuz urr good on content.
Vote: mothrax
Here Tazaro talks about something unrelated to his vote for Mothrax ( looks like to create an illusion of content). So I'm going to settle with the replacement of my best suspicion. The others (Zone, Scott) should do well to speak up.
Vote:Tazaro
Justice will prevail
\m/
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Tazaro »

I don't think I've created any illusions with my posts.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:12 am

I'm sure you meant to somewhere within the chasm of your sub-consciousness.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Simenon »

Tazaro doesn't do much before joining the CDB wagon. He posts no notes upon replacing into the game; instead, he defends mothrax and drmy (and later Korashk) on the basis of meta, saying "Alignment has a chance to be more in view later." That's a nice evasion. It allows for the possibility of those wagons later on, yet also lets him seem cautious and responsible.
Later, he buys into the BB's drunk posting, yet also equivocates ("alcohol can be a truth serum." Can be?)
The only other argument from him is for the CDB wagon, as far as I can tell.
Also, his demand a post by cuet because he's "good on content" is unconvincing.
Vote Tazaro

Other possibilities include BB, from yesterday.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Tazaro »

I like to defend people when I think there's arguments to defend them against. My statement about alignment IS true, and yes alcohol can be a truth serum. It depends on what kind of affect it personally has on you. The post from cuet was because I thought he was the one who got the nightkill immunity; i'm interested in his input.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:46 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Cuetlachtli wrote:So from what I gather, the case on Mothrax is...

1. He had a potential scum slip with his comments about BB's alignment.

2. He lurked during the latter part of Day 1.
There is more to it. He avoids taking any responsibility by not random voting, even though he says random voting is necessary. When questioned about it, he states he didn't want to vote first, which is bullshit. If random voting is necessary, then why would he then not random vote? His defense for his other actions are pretty bad too, and the generabl vibe from his posts is that he is more concerned about staying alive than actually catching scum.

Your points in Mothrax's favor are unconvincing.

Tazaro's vote on Mothrax is scummy due to Tazaro seemingly placing that vote for the same things that he tried to defend Mothrax for yesterday.
Tazaro wrote:I like to defend people when I think there's arguments to defend them against. My statement about alignment IS true, and yes alcohol can be a truth serum. It depends on what kind of affect it personally has on you. The post from cuet was because I thought he was the one who got the nightkill immunity; i'm interested in his input.
Why the hell would you think cuet got the nightkill immunity? And why would that make you value his input more over others?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:17 am

Post by mothrax »

Scot, I have already said I didn't want to vote because I wanted to see where the discussion lead. And I believe my words were "sometimes necessary" which means not always.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Tazaro »

Mothrax, I'm paying more attention to you than I had before. Why not vote for who is suspicious? That vote wouldn't stifle discussion in my mind.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:Scot, I have already said I didn't want to vote because I wanted to see where the discussion lead. And I believe my words were "sometimes necessary" which means not always.
Your words were mostly necessary. And this only strengthens my point. You wanted others to start discussion. Despite calling random voting mostly necessary, you chose to not random vote or offer an alternative. You took a back seat, and wanted others to start the discussion. You did not want to draw attention to yourself at all.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Tazaro »

I AM VLA ON TUESDAY FOR SURE, BUT VERY POSSIBLY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY, TOO.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:49 am

Post by mothrax »

I didn't propose an alternative because I didn't have one, but I was more than open to anyone else's suggestion. And I guess I will play the newb card and say that this is only my 2nd onsite game. Every game on any other site I have played had no RVS, so I was not used to RVS, nor seeing it as an institution in the games.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:52 am

Post by tumescence »

Tazaro wrote:The post from cuet was because I thought he was the one who got the nightkill immunity; i'm interested in his input

I'm interested in knowing why you thought cuet got the nightkill immunity.

@mothrax, nopointinactingup:

I think you're both town, and your argument is making the scum's jobs easier for them. I've already explained why I had a strong town read on moth (his wording seemed genuine and without premeditation... "if by some weird chance he flips scum").

If you iso drmy (the predecessor of nopointactingup), you should be able to get a townvibe from him. Specifically, see his wording (for eg.,"I see this as a tactic in which he is trying to make himself look useful and smart thus gaining the towns trust, but I see right threw it"), and also read his long and detailed case against mothrax, which seems sincere. drmy in general seems like a big sincerity overspill.
=================

Vote: Simenon

I'd like to hear from Tazaro before I try building a case on Simenon, but as for now,
Simenon is the one I really want to get lynched.
I think he's the likeliest to be mafia, though I am clueless about his potential partner.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:55 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:I didn't propose an alternative because I didn't have one, but I was more than open to anyone else's suggestion. And I guess I will play the newb card and say that this is only my 2nd onsite game. Every game on any other site I have played had no RVS, so I was not used to RVS, nor seeing it as an institution in the games.
So you have played on other sites where you were able to get the game started without random voting, and yet you claim you have no alternative to getting the game started? Despite playing in other games where you were able to get started without random voting, you don't have any alternatives?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:03 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Also, if this is only your second game on this site, then why, in your own words, do you think random voting is sometimes (most) "the only way to start discussion?"

Tum's vote on sim is horrible. There is nothing in any of Tum's posts that gives me the feeling that he thinks sim to be scum.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:06 am

Post by mothrax »

The on;y alternative I have is meta based, and it is on a site where we have all played at least 4-5 games together so we know how each other's playstyle well. Obviously, I have never played with any of you, and certainly not enough to know your playstyles to that point.

preview edit: because I recognize that this is a much larger pool of players, and obviously there has to be something to get discussion started and since RVS has become the generally accepted starting point, it is necessary in most games.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:12 am

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:The on;y alternative I have is meta based, and it is on a site where we have all played at least 4-5 games together so we know how each other's playstyle well. Obviously, I have never played with any of you, and certainly not enough to know your playstyles to that point.

preview edit: because I recognize that this is a much larger pool of players, and obviously there has to be something to get discussion started and since RVS has become the generally accepted starting point, it is necessary in most games.
See, I don't buy this because you can't simply start a game off of meta. Just because you know how each other play doesn't mean someone is automatically scummy. There has to be something to get the game started.

And your second statement just brings me back to if you realize that random voting is necessary in most games, why did you refuse to do it?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:13 am

Post by ZONEACE »

ITT Scotmany makes makes good posts about why we need to lynch mothrax.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:17 am

Post by mothrax »

I never refused to do it, I just didn't. I already said, I WANTED TO SEE WHERE THE DISCUSSION LEAD. I don't know how many more times I have to answer this question, but my answer isn't going to change. I was open to alternatives and didn't want to just shut the possible discussion up, which is what I thought an RV would do.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:18 am

Post by mothrax »

also, here, if you want you can look at the games I have played in, starting with SuperheroMafia: http://www.rockpapercynic.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Cuetlachtli »

nopointinactingup wrote:What do you know. My two/ three scum reads suddenly OGMUSing me...(
TEXT SHORTENED
)...
Vote:Tazaro
^ That post, #329, reads to me like Nopoint can't convince anyone to lynch me, so he is fishing for other lynches. If he really thinks I am scum, then he wouldn't give up on pushing for my lynch since there are likely only 2 scum bags.

That being said....

In Nopoint ISO 1, Nopoint said this about Iron Man:
nopointinactingup wrote:
Ironman
: This guy has a measured playstyle that is typical of scum. And he's been lurking recently. Ironman is likely scum.
Unvote.Vote:Ironman

If he was scum, he's unlikely partner with Mothrax.
As you all know, Tazaro replaced Iron Man, so it would fit logically that town-Nopoint would be suspicious of that slot.

What I want from you, Nopoint, is to elaborate on why you think Iron Man is scum.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:12 am

@Cuet: :roll: a very likely story.
I elaborated on why IronMan was scum on the post you quoted me on. :roll:
This guy is hopeless. Part of me is now saying Cuet is scum because he's obviously pretending not to have paid attention to the game as well as blatantly misrepping and tunneling on me. But I'm more willing on a Tazaro lynch today. Cuet's constant tunneling should be to drive people off Tazaro and Mothrax's ( potential scumbuddies) back.
@Tum: Why do you think Simenon is scum?
Justice will prevail
\m/

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”