Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Doubtful »

Oh yeah, Jimfinn, please claim. And if you're VT, PLEASE PLEASE do not claim a power role.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:37 am

Post by jimfinn »

Holy crap L-1 in less than 12 hours!!!! I am a cop and moose is innocent. I may have been slightly anxious to get to the night phase with my hammer, as I was nearly positive that either moose or DMSIS was scum, so I figured lynch one, investigate the other. Unfortunately for me, I was wrong and will most likely die tonight unless there is a doctor (please doc don't claim though).
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Doubtful »

Unvote
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:45 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: VoteCount 2x1 ::

moose200x (0) -
smargaret (0) -
Doubtful (0) -
Johannes583 (0) -
jimfinn (2) -
moose200x, Parama

Parama (0) -
Cliquey (0) -

Not Voting (5) -
smargaret, Doubtful, Johannes583, jimfinn, Cliquey

With 7 Alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Welcome to the Network.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Parama »

unvote

Anyone counterclaim? If there IS a counterclaim, we need to hear it NOW.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Johannes583
Johannes583
Townie
Johannes583
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Johannes583 »

I can promise you, jimfinn is lying. He is not the cop. And I'm not joking.

Vote: jimfinn

Wish I'd been here earlier, because I would have hammered. Last night, the cop really did investigate moose, and it did come up innocent. I needed to be sure that he was somebody who could be trusted, because a) his posts make up the majority of the game, and b) I still had a few doubts after his vote-switching in D1. Moose is clean.

I realize that by revealing this I'm pretty much painting a bullseye on my head. I know I might get some votes, and possibly even lynched by scum I a wagon starts on me. And the mafia will probably put me at #1 on their "to be killed" list. Thing is, even when I do get killed, you'll all know for a fact that I was the cop. And you'll know that what I've said above about jimfinn is true, and we'll be one scum down, regardless of whether I survive or not. Of course, I hope there is a doctor in the house and I survive, but even if I die we'll have half the mafia down. (Naturally, if there is a doctor, then it means there must also be a roleblocker. But if that's the case, there's a 50% chance that the roleblocker is jimfinn.) Call it a calculated risk by revealing my role. I'm the cop. Jimfinn needs to be lynched.
"That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude. Also, a tactical misrepresentation."
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:33 am

Post by jimfinn »

Johannes lurked the heck out of D1 - less than 10 posts for sure. Low activity and an indication of seeming boredom. Would a cop really be so inactive due to boredom on D1? Wouldn't a cop find the game interesting enough to stick around and actually post something?

I'm going to reject your counterclaim as the old: "when a cop claims, scum counterclaim" tactic and VOTE: Johannes
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:37 am

Post by jimfinn »

And if you really were the cop, what would ever have made you investigate moose? If I were not the cop, I would certainly have been investigated by whoever was, especially after that hammer.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:42 am

Post by moose200x »

Why did you investigate me jim?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:45 am

Post by jimfinn »

Because all day I thought you and/or DMSIS was scum, and he got lynched.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:46 am

Post by jimfinn »

Assuming I were not the cop, any other cop should have investigated me (most likely) due to that hammer that everyone hated on in twilight.
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Doubtful »

jimfinn, maybe it is because you were so obvious that Johannes didn't even want to investigate you, considering how sure he was of you being scum?

VOTE: Jimfinn

I still think jimfinn is scummy. I unvoted only to prevent a quickhammer and thus a 1-1 scum/cop trade if jimfinn is innocent.

Note: If you are town, don't hammer this...
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Doubtful »

jimfinn wrote:And if you really were the cop, what would ever have made you investigate moose? If I were not the cop, I would certainly have been investigated by whoever was, especially after that hammer.
EBWOP: Forgot to get to this post.

So? If you think your action was scummy and deserved a cop investigation, then why did you do it?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 am

Post by jimfinn »

I didn't think it was scummy when I did it; I'm just saying that everyone else thought it was scummy and I can't imagine any other potential cop investigating anyone else after that reaction. And the point still stands that Johannes lurked really badly on D1, which indicates boredom a cop would not have.
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Doubtful »

jimfinn, a cop lurking would probably be trying to slip under the radar, like scum do. That thus is a null-tell.
Johannes583
Johannes583
Townie
Johannes583
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Johannes583 »

Jimfinn, what benefit would I gain by falseclaiming when I'm not at L-1?
If I were mafia, it would draw unwanted attention towards me, and there almost certainly would be a wagon started against me.
If I were a vanilla townie, it would just get me either killed by mafia, or get a wagon started on me. Also, the real cop, if there was one in this situation, would be certain of my guilt.
If I were the doctor, I would either be lynched for the above reasons, or be killed by the mafia as I would not be able to save myself.

And I point out that you were at L-1 when you claimed cop. It makes it all the more difficult to believe that a man is telling he truth, when you know that you would lie if you were in their situation.

I already told you the reasons I had for investigating moose. If I were lying, wouldn't it be easy to say that I investigated you and found you guilty? Most of the people would believe me, after you hammered and drew attention to yourself. The scum would most likely join the wagon, as few would blame them for lynching somebody with such a strong case against them. If I was lying, it would be so easy to say all that and more. But I didn't. I investigated moose, and I told everyone that I had done so. If I were lying, don't you think I would have gone the whole way and claimed to have investigate you?
"That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude. Also, a tactical misrepresentation."
Cliquey
Cliquey
Goon
Cliquey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Cliquey »

Spoiler: I believe
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYNYb30nxU#t=2m59s]I believe that jim is scum, oooh oohh ooooh.

Spoiler: However
Taking a quick look at the previews, I think I am in the general consensus here. Yet I don't think its the best idea to rush today, jimm still has a partner and finding that partner is just as important and perhaps even more important than killing jim. While I know that I've stated I don't like team guessing, it is something that we should look at before we finalize this lynch.
I make accounts and PM people so they can feel popular and loved
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 am

Post by moose200x »

Doubtful wrote:jimfinn, a cop lurking would probably be trying to slip under the radar, like scum do. That thus is a null-tell.

I suffer from this same style of play when I am a pr lol.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:29 am

Post by jimfinn »

If you claimed to have investigated me and gotten a guilty, the scum would know you were a VT and not jump on either my wagon or yours.

At this point in the game, the scum want three people dead: the cop, the doc, and the IC. If they can get one by a day lynch and one of the other two by a NK, then going into Lylo only one is alive, and if they lose one on D3, they can kill the other N3 to have none left for the final showdown. Otherwise, at least one will survive.

Cops generally don't claim unless at L-1 or unless they have a guilty, so I wouldn't have claimed an innocent if I weren't at L-1. As mafia, your claim draws suspicion to my claim and tries to get me lynched, even trading one-for-one as I mentioned above to kill the three most desired players. And it is very convenient for you to claim to have investigated the same person as me (so as not to imply anyone else is confirmed town).
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:35 am

Post by moose200x »

There is no docotor OR jim/583 is NOT the roleblocker. The mafia would not allow their roleblocker to fake claim. By fake claiming he can only guarantee one town lynch and then will be lynched the next night. Leaving us

Here is how I see it.

Mafia wants us to:

Day 2: Lynch either jim or 583 (who ever is town) We guess right (A) 5 town and 1 mafia. We guess wrong (B) it's 4 townies and 2 mafia.
Night2: If it's (A) they'd shoot cop If it's (B) They'd shoot random townie. Let's stick with B here. So now its 3 townies and 2 maf.
Day 3: We lynch fake cop claim . 3 town 1 maf
Night 3: they shoot me. 2town 1 maf
Day 4: LYLO and guess what, No clears or pr's.

This scenario seems highly likely.
--------------------------------------------

Jim claimed right before he was lynched - desperate play?

583 CC'd and voted, wishing he could hammer.

It is kinda odd that they both checked me.... If 583 was mafia he'd hate to have to give another "Clear". So copying the vote would be an easy way to scumCC
-------------------------

Jim: You just said "the scum want three people dead: the cop, the doc, and the IC." why didn't they shoot the IC last night?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:37 am

Post by jimfinn »

Ask them, not me.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:38 am

Post by moose200x »

What's your theory on why they decided not to shoot the ic?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:41 am

Post by jimfinn »

Perhaps they had a roleblocker and wanted the doctor dead first, since a doctor would likely protect the IC after that D1. Better question, why did they kill Black Mist? She wasn't the most active player out there. And I already explained why claiming with an innocent on D2 without L-1 would be dumb/suicidal
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:50 am

Post by smargaret »

I am inclined to believe Johannes over jimfinn. The hammer doesn't seem like a smart cop play, when you consider that there is more time to try and decide who to investigate if you wait to lynch someone, and I'm not satisfied by jim's answers about that hammer.

It's interesting to note that Doubtful has put jimfinn at L-1 twice now, after putting DMSIS there yesterday. I wonder if he may be bussing.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:53 am

Post by moose200x »

Yes. Mist was very interesting. Wouldn't killing cliquey and then claim cop and guilty on me work better?

Let's be honest, I looked scum-a-rific yesterday. I even breadcrumbed a PR to get maf to NK me. (165) They could of easily threw me under the bus.

For some odd reason I am leaning towards jim here

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”