Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia..OVER! Was Hyrule saved?

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:03 am

Post by RayFrost »

Hey gais, respond to my post.

kthx.
don't you feel silly now?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Prodded Untrod Tripod, Substrike22, DTMaster, and Kairyuu.
Note: both of the mods will be in Montreal this weekend, thus fairly V/LA Friday through Tuesday.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Dekes »

Already liking RayFrost.

Guys, let's get this wagon on GIS moving. I wouldn't mind seeing LL or Le Cupcake swing, but GIS is even scummier than those two (which is an accomplishment in itself).
What a stupid softclaim by GIS: "I'm a very important role, I can be important in endgame." Why did you softclaim this at all, if you're so powerful and important. Nobody asked you and you weren't under a lot of pressure. And why do you wanna ask for getting vanillaized if your role is so great?
You're either trying to draw the NK or scum pleading to town to leave him alone. And I'm heavily leaning towards latter.

With half the people lurking or being useless (chess, Aikage, Chrono) and the other half undecided we need to find a consens soon. This right here, all this confusion, is only working for scum right now.

@chess
What's with the case on Substrike you promised? Instead you decided to vote a lurker instead...that's awfully pro-town.
Exilon wrote:Fate, why is LD scum?
I wanna add here: Why is LL scum and Cupcake town?
Sorry, I can't see scum motivation for defending a townie for well over 20 pages over flavor. This seems too much of effort to look townie.
It's more likely that both are scum and since Cupcake is bulletproof LL is defending her heavily so not to lose their most powerful(?) role D1.
The other option would be LL town and she just believes Cupcake is town beyond common sense.
But I simply don't see LL-scum/Cupcake-town motivation for LL's behaviour here.

Btw, can anybody tell me what's the case on Chronopie apart from being bloody useless. Wouldn't a vig be more helpful in this case?

@mod

Second the vote count. Can you get one in before you two lovebirds go to Montreal? The last one was four days ago.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Dekes, it'd be better to just wait for Cupcake to hang before you go and call LL scum too. Ironically, though, I see LL-town and Cupcake-scum instead of LL-scum and Cupcake-town. Refusing to claim after all that with the added coincidence of every little thing questioned thing such as "Day SK" made me lol.

Still, I'm up for a GIS wagon, but since it's a shotty hydra, I'm doubtful. Substrike seems scummier. He has switched to Cupcake for lurking.. and kept his vote there even after he said he had no idea who was scum.

I'm debating my options between 1. Very convenient claim with little explanation 2. Fail-hydra with shotty that softclaimed for no reason 3. Lurker... voting for another person for lurking.. when he has no idea of who the scum are
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Dekes »

That would be my other option. I only ruled out Fate's opinion on those two.

I'll take a look into Sub's Iso. Ironically if he really voted Cupcake for lurking, since I've seen him at least four or five times in this sub-forum without posting in here. Last time was like five minutes ago.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Dekes »

EBWOP:
"Over the last few days" I meant to add.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Here's what I don't get: why is the argument about whether or not Nayru would be aquatic? Shouldn't it bug you guys a lot more than Naryu DOES NOT REALLY APPEAR IN THE GAME? The claim is bullshit because Nayru isn't a character in the game. She only appears in historical cutscenes.

vote Cupcake

your claim is bullshit and you are scum
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Chronopie »

Just because a character doesn't appear in the game main, doesn't mean the mods didn't decide to include them, after all, the goddesses are still important , lorewise.
Nayru is the Goddess of Wisdom, associated with the
color blue and the elements of water
and time.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Gah. Sorry guys. Been busy :X

But I think my absence may have aided in having less pages of meaningless content between me and ythan :P

I think at this point, looking into another scumread, may be the best course of action. I'll glance through the pages again, and see what I come up with.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Picking up prod.

I did vote cupcake for lurking. I haven't had anything to say. There's been a completely worthless back and forth regarding flavor speculation, of which I don't have anything to add. I think a lot of people here can sympathize with that. My vote stays on Cupcake, I think she's acted the most legitimately scummy out of everyone and I haven't seen much else that's been scummy. Ythan's pissing me off with the way he talks to people, as is Fate, but that doesn't make them scummy. I think it distracts from real scum hunting, but they seem to differ in opinion in that regard. I'll read Ray's arguments and get a post up again later tonight. I've noted contradictions in Gandalf's play as well, so I'd be willing to switch my vote over there after I get a chance to iso, but for now I'll leave it on Cupcake.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Untrod Tripod wrote:Here's what I don't get: why is the argument about whether or not Nayru would be aquatic? Shouldn't it bug you guys a lot more than Naryu DOES NOT REALLY APPEAR IN THE GAME? The claim is bullshit because Nayru isn't a character in the game. She only appears in historical cutscenes.

vote Cupcake

NAYRU
MAY OR MAY
NOT BE A ROLE IN THIS GAME. <--- FACT

WHETHER YOU THINK NAYRU IS NOT A VALID PART OF THE GAME
DOES NOT MATTER
. <--- FACT

The mods decided the roles, not you.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 pm

RayFrost wrote:
Untrod Tripod wrote:Here's what I don't get: why is the argument about whether or not Nayru would be aquatic? Shouldn't it bug you guys a lot more than Naryu DOES NOT REALLY APPEAR IN THE GAME? The claim is bullshit because Nayru isn't a character in the game. She only appears in historical cutscenes.

vote Cupcake

NAYRU
MAY OR MAY
NOT BE A ROLE IN THIS GAME. <--- FACT

WHETHER YOU THINK NAYRU IS NOT A VALID PART OF THE GAME
DOES NOT MATTER
. <--- FACT

The mods decided the roles, not you.

I think I love you.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

EBWOP (plus a bit extra): Second fact needs to leave out the first not.

Oh, and I forgot the important bit of that:

Voting purely based off of the claim is bad play.

It's assuming too many things about the mods' thought processes. You'd have to assume the mods 1) didn't provide fakeclaims (if cupcake was scum, flavor-proof fakeclaims would be necessary in a heavily flavored game like this one) and 2) consider Nayru /other goddesses to be insignificant (you aren't psychic, so yeah).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I think I love you.
<3

Sooo, Madame Lambdadelta, would you care to join me on the wonderful GIS wagon? :wink:
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

RayFrost wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I think I love you.
<3

Sooo, Madame Lambdadelta, would you care to join me on the wonderful GIS wagon? :wink:

My vote is currently on Ythan, for voting based off Cupcake's claim. He had no evidence to prove it was fake, just his instinct. My instinct is that he was trying to push that lynch way too hard, and had completely discounted the claim, without giving it a second glance. It was scummy to me.

Since then, my main problem with Ythan is his refusal to answer questions. He bases it off the fact that he thinks they are inferior to his intellect. Essentially, he doesn't want to waste his precious time, answering a question for me. I think it's scum avoiding the question. It could be interpreted as overly cocky town. I don't see it that way, and that's why we fight.

Many people have complained that the Ythan-Me argument is getting the town nowhere. Fast.

I tend to agree on this... but I really don't want to just drop off Ythan wagon like that. I have a strong feeling he's scum (he'd disagree, and say he has a strong feeling I'm scum, but I digress).

However, it may be in the best interests of town, to get rid of the Hydra/VI combo, that is GIS.

If I switch my vote to GIS, can I be promised that the town won't just drop the Ythan case? I want to ensure that people understand where my case is coming from, and make their OWN decision on it, without Ythan discounting it, and hiding it with pages of spam. (I admit, I didn't help the spam situation any)

All I ask is that my case be given a fair and equal dissection, if we move on from the case for today.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:59 pm

EBWOP: So, to answer your question: Yes. I would join you on the GIS wagon (if and when I do, I'll state reasons, and give logically reasoning for a vote) if I can be assured Ythan's wagon won't just die and be forgotten the next day.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Ythan's push on cupcake seems like overzealous town tunneling more than scum stretching to remove the validity of a claim - it's a high flavor game, so trying to tear down a potential fakeclaim through flavor is a surefire way to attract attention for no benefit.

Although I agree that he's being an arrogant arse, I do not think that it means he is scum.

LL, would you kindly post all of your questions that you feel Ythan has failed to answer in your next post? This way, nobody has to trawl through the fifteen pages of "NO U" to find the questions you feel are relevant.

I'm giving your case a fair deal here, but I have to say that the likelihood of ythan getting lynched today is nil. It simply isn't going to happen. He's an arrogant arse that lacks enough knowledge to know what he doesn't know (from my read). Others are scum.

Preview edit to acknowledge the EBWOP:

Whether or not the
wagon
dies is uncertain. I won't give ythan, or anybody else for that matter, a free ride. All I can promise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:17 pm

RayFrost wrote:Ythan's push on cupcake seems like overzealous town tunneling more than scum stretching to remove the validity of a claim - it's a high flavor game, so trying to tear down a potential fakeclaim through flavor is a surefire way to attract attention for no benefit.

Although I agree that he's being an arrogant arse, I do not think that it means he is scum.

LL, would you kindly post all of your questions that you feel Ythan has failed to answer in your next post? This way, nobody has to trawl through the fifteen pages of "NO U" to find the questions you feel are relevant.

I'm giving your case a fair deal here, but I have to say that the likelihood of ythan getting lynched today is nil. It simply isn't going to happen. He's an arrogant arse that lacks enough knowledge to know what he doesn't know (from my read). Others are scum.

Preview edit to acknowledge the EBWOP:

Whether or not the
wagon
dies is uncertain. I won't give ythan, or anybody else for that matter, a free ride. All I can promise.
I seriously think I love you. @_@

I understand the stance that you take. I'm starting to see more of the "overzealous" side, now that I'm not in rage mode.

If I have to go back and read all that shit, I may just die. I'll try and find some questions that he hasn't answered for me yet though.

I agree that I don't see town going anywhere as long as we are stuck with Cupcake/Ythan as the lynchees today. Too much speculations, and no where near enough evidence to really have a solid lynch.
RayFrost wrote: Whether or not the
wagon

All I needed to hear. Let me go read up on GIS' Iso, and see some of the points against him (or, if you're feeling generous, you could list your points, and I'll give my opinion on them). I won't change my vote just yet, until I feel comfortable saying that GIS is likely scum, and a good lynch.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Also, the things you have stated as fact about Nayru's flavor have been things I've been trying to get across for a good 30 pages now.

Granted, I did add a bit of subjective conclusion into my stuff, but the facts I claimed are still the same.

I'm happy someone else posted them. Maybe they'll get noticed now >.<

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by RayFrost »

RayFrost wrote:This guy's got the right idea. And he's town. C-C-COMBO

Gandalf/Shotty = scum

The contradiction of 'lynch the guy that's confirmed cuz lolVI' and 'nooo nu lynch VI'

in combination with 'LYNCH YTHAN, LL IS RIGHT' with 'LL IS WRONG, YTHAN IS TOWN' bugs the hell out of me.

Now, this could be born from the fact you guys are a hydra, but I'm not going to be lenient about this. You should've gotten your act together before you decided to post stuff.
I'll iso-read and then (if i have the time) get a post up with other points.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Arigatou RayFrost!

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Dekes wrote:I wanna add here: Why is LL scum and Cupcake town?
Sorry, I can't see scum motivation for defending a townie for well over 20 pages over flavor. This seems too much of effort to look townie.
It's
more likely that both are scum
and since Cupcake is bulletproof LL is defending her heavily so not to lose their most powerful(?) role D1.
The other option would be LL town and she just believes Cupcake is town beyond common sense.
But I simply don't see LL-scum/Cupcake-town motivation for LL's behaviour here.
You forget one crucial possibility.

They could both be town.
*gasp*

The reason that LL-town could be defending Cupcake-town in this instance is the following:

The
incorrect
use of flavor as an argument needs to get countered, LL did so. Fact: So did I, and I would've done so if I were around during the debate. The flavor argument was wrong and bad. LL's posts read as someone
pointing out how crappy that case is
. This has nothing to do with LL's actual read of cupcake.

@ LL:

I am aware. The issue was all the stuff you tacked on + the fact people didn't/don't like you. Extra stuff gets lumped with the Nayru stuff, and people go for discrediting everything from generic
I don't agree with you
mindset. *shrugs* I'm a new face, and I stated it as its own stuff.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I can't see the scum motivation for the inconsistency between the heads of GIS.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Claims a desire to have a competing bandwagon, but does to actually get it.

The logic is fine, but the next post shows a complete lack of understanding as to the incentive(s) that a scumbuddy would have for saving chess. Specifically, the
absolute lack of positive impact
from doing so. Seems like convenient blindness more than actual lack of understanding.

This contradicts url #1

This is blatant role fishing (the "I'm not trying to role fish" is flim flam), and it's not a valid point for a vote if it's just a possibility, but I've already gone into that.

This contradicts the argument that Nayru's flavor doesn't fit. If scum have fakeclaims and cupcake is scum, flavor fits. If cupcake is town, flavor fits.

THIS POST MAKES NO SENSE. "I could make it so I'm the only one vannilized, BUT I AM SUPER IMPORTANT ROLE LOLOL" <--- No reason to claim in any fashion, yet still does so while offering to be vannilized. The contradiction is palpable.

I like the self-meta, since it's a scumslip. "I hate when people compare other people to their own play, cuz I do it when I'm scum." Even admits to doing so. Hai scum. Not getting how GIS is getting "King Zora CAN'T be scum"

Arguing that LL has only said one protown thing... feh, obvious disagreement from me, but anyway... bashing on LL for not providing content in
one post
is bad, considering the relative number of contentless post from GIS, not to mention the fact
LL was behind by 30 pages
. Who the hell's going to make a contentful post when they have 30 pages to read?

Quoting LL as saying she wants to save her buddy in the post also contradicts the fact GIS also said something similar previously.

Ythan is not the most obvtown player. I am. (aside from me, fate's more obvtown than ythan) I also don't see why gandalf is bashing LL for 'voting frm one mistake' when ythan was voting off of flavor, which is approximately equivalent.

Re dram and reck would totally confirm town via flavor: Yes, because dram and reck would totally out scum through flavor (roles).

Next two posts are without content. Hmmm... what was it that GIS said?

Ah yes.

Thanks for not providing any content.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Nikanor wrote:I can't see the scum motivation for the inconsistency between the heads of GIS.
The inconsistency's hardly the largest part, though there is easily potential for scum motivation:

By the hydra being scum, they can make use of shotty's VI rep to allow them to support pretty much any wagon and then, whenever pressure is applied, gandalf can come in and go "lolwut? SHOTTY STOP FUCKING UP" to excuse things.

Read my above post for other stuff I don't like.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”