Newbie 1087: Welcome To The Jungle (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by ajolin »

I agree, but I also think there was little left to squeeze. I want to see how Twisty flips, and also how the mafia react.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I've made a list of thoughts for tomorrow that aren't really reads. I will have updated reads post-flips if I'm alive in the morning. I've seen too many scum quicktopics based on end-of-day recently, particularly Newbie ones.

- Not lynching RayFrost based on the cases presented on him thus far. They're pretty frivolous.
- Not auto-lynching ajolin. Pressuring him is acceptable, yes, but I've been doing a lot of newbie modding recently, and though my sample size is a bit small, I've been surprised that 100% of non-lylo quickhammers have been from newbie town.
- Getting David to put a/some vote(s) out and get out of his comfort zone.
- Not lynching based on typical Vote Count Analysis. In my last modded game, the scum team perfectly won, despite neither of them being on a lynching bandwagon until Lylo. Take your wagon analysis on an individual, case-by-case basis.
- If Toxic flips town, don't be demoralized. Want to lynch scum that much more. Read the thread a few times over, think of something someone else hasn't. Don't be bored of this game and don't let it die, town. That's one of the biggest mistakes towns fall prey to, I think.

Have a good night, everyone.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 1.8!

Twistedspoon (LYNCH!): RayFrost, Voidedmafia, toxictaipan, jindori, ajolin

toxictaipan (1/5): Twistedspoon
David Xanatos (1/5): KittyMo
jidori (1/5): Dekes

Not voting (1): David Xanatos

Lynch has been reached. Mod scene coming.
Last edited by Tasky on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Tasky »

Twistedspoon, Town Cop
has been lynched Day 1.

Deadline for Night 1 is 17.04.2011 at 06:00 CET.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by Tasky »

Night 1 is over, and
Dekes, Vanilla Townie
has been killed.
Deadline for Day 2 is 08.05.2011 at 11:00 CET.

Since 7 players are alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

__

KittyMo
has announced V/LA between Monday, April 24th and Saturday, April 30th.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

bah post time and boy do i have one >_>

didn't even let me claim did you. It's common courtesy, but no. Lynching the cop is fine with you i guess

not sure how much I'm allowed to rage in a bah post, so I'll leave it at that

adios
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:29 am

Post by RayFrost »

I assume you mean D2, mod?

TP: please don't do game-content in bah post (like the claim thing) in the future.

I really,
really
don't like ajolin's hammer, but I feel that it's more of a not-used-to-site-meta / newbie issue than a scumtell. From my understanding, ajolin's hammering is the norm for where he comes from. Ajolin: in the future, it's kosher to wait for a claim before hammering. Doing otherwise is bad play unless the person is 100% confirmed scum (example: if twistedspoon got an investigation on scum).

Going into today, I really dislike david at this point. He's provided a minimal level of content, he hasn't really taken any stances on the players in this game, and he's generally been active lurking. His posts contain the information of his mostly null stances without the backing of analyses. I'd like it if you, David, provided a list of your top two scum reads
with reasoning

Vote: David Xanatos
don't you feel silly now?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 am

Post by Tasky »

RayFrost wrote:
I assume you mean D2, mod?
Fixed, thank you
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Ray, you do have a point that it could be just newbtown and all, but look at what he's said after the hammer. It's pretty obvious that his main reason for doing it was pretty much for his own lulz. No one in their right mind should be THAT hopeful for their lynch, unless they're just desperate to get out of it, and Ajolin was in no such position when he hammered.

Vote: Ajolin
, and I hope you'll do better with your explanation this time.

Kitty: Well, looks like the threat of you being the NK is over for now. Mind giving us those reads Dekes asked for?

Jindori, anyone else: You, too. Top two scumspects.

As for me, my top 2 were Ajol and Jin, like I said yesterday, with Ajol being #1 and getting my vote.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 2.1

David Xanatos (1/4): RayFrost
ajolin (1/4): Voidedmafia

Not voting (5): David Xanatos, jindori, ajolin, toxictaipan, KittyMo

Deadline is 08.05.2011 at 11:00 CET.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:24 am

Post by RayFrost »

Voidedmafia wrote:Ray, you do have a point that it could be just newbtown and all, but look at what he's said after the hammer. It's pretty obvious that his main reason for doing it was pretty much for his own lulz. No one in their right mind should be THAT hopeful for their lynch, unless they're just desperate to get out of it, and Ajolin was in no such position when he hammered.

Vote: Ajolin
, and I hope you'll do better with your explanation this time.

Kitty: Well, looks like the threat of you being the NK is over for now. Mind giving us those reads Dekes asked for?

Jindori, anyone else: You, too. Top two scumspects.

As for me, my top 2 were Ajol and Jin, like I said yesterday, with Ajol being #1 and getting my vote.
Tell me. What is the
scum motivation behind both his action and him admitting his reasons honestly regarding it
? If you can't answer this, I am unable to approve of your vote.

:approval:

:approval: (my scumspects are david and xanatos)
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Dekes »

BAH!

@mod
Is there a dead topic or did you plan on making one?
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:20 am

Post by ajolin »

Voidedmafia wrote:Ray, you do have a point that it could be just newbtown and all, but look at what he's said after the hammer. It's pretty obvious that his main reason for doing it was pretty much for his own lulz. No one in their right mind should be THAT
hopeful for their lynch
, unless they're just desperate to get out of it, and Ajolin was in no such position when he hammered.
[quote="Ajolin]Well, if he flips town I get lynch,
which I really hope won't happen,
especially considering how much trouble a few of you were going through getting evidence for his case. I also know, however, that what happens next should be fun to watch.[/quote]

...wat?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 am

Post by KittyMo »

I'm not sure that I have a concrete top 2, but the major things bugging me right now are Jindori's active lurking toward the end of the day and David's lurkiness and seeming to forget about Toxic once the lynch no longer looked viable. But, I think Jindori's entrance post will be very telling.

ajolin: In the future, if you don't feel good about hammering, then don't hammer. In some cases, gut/intuition can see what logic cannot.

I'll go ahead and re-VOTE: David Xanatos for now.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 am

Post by ajolin »

Well, the hammer was more of a gut reaction. Me thinking about the consequences came after. I don't regret it, it just sucks that he was a PR town.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

ajolin wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:Ray, you do have a point that it could be just newbtown and all, but look at what he's said after the hammer. It's pretty obvious that his main reason for doing it was pretty much for his own lulz. No one in their right mind should be THAT
hopeful for their lynch
, unless they're just desperate to get out of it, and Ajolin was in no such position when he hammered.
[quote="Ajolin]Well, if he flips town I get lynch,
which I really hope won't happen,
especially considering how much trouble a few of you were going through getting evidence for his case. I also know, however, that what happens next should be fun to watch.

...wat?[/quote][/quote][/quote]
*sigh* I hate it when I misread things.

Correction: Hopeful for the NK.

Ray: Getting rid of an active town decreases the likelihood of said town turning their eyes on him. The fact that Twisted flipped cop just sweetens the deal.

Then again...beyond that, I can't really think of why because that would also draw the eye of nearly every other player in the game, or at least more than one. I just think that the hammer was way to oppurtunistic and devoid of any form of prior thinking (disregarding later defense, just think of when he actually voted) to be townish in any way.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:01 am

Post by toxictaipan »

I really don't like how jindori put Twistedspoon at L-1 like that. It was just
asking
for someone to come in and hammer vote. Although I'll agree that I don't think ajolin is scum. I just don't get a strong scum feel off of his hammer for some reason. Something about it seems... off, I guess.

For now, I'll be voting for jindori.
VOTE: jindori
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by jindori »

@Toxic if you really didn't like me putting at l-1 why didn't you unvote him. I noticed you were online when i did it. You could of unvoted. It really was bad that he was cop and i didn't expect that. But we can still recover.
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Voidedmafia wrote:*sigh* I hate it when I misread things.

Correction: Hopeful for the NK.

Ray: Getting rid of an active town decreases the likelihood of said town turning their eyes on him. The fact that Twisted flipped cop just sweetens the deal.

Then again...beyond that, I can't really think of why because that would also draw the eye of nearly every other player in the game, or at least more than one. I just think that the hammer was way to oppurtunistic and devoid of any form of prior thinking (disregarding later defense, just think of when he actually voted) to be townish in any way.
Can you point to how he's "hopeful for the NK" and how that would be a scumtell if he was? If he can be NK'd, he's town.

If he wanted to get rid of an active town, wouldn't he have made sure he at least had some semblance of reasoning rather than going "HERPDERPLOLHAMMER" in order to have a modicum of not-sacrificial play? I really don't see it coming from scum.

Precisely my point: it's too conspicuous. The opportunism is counteracted by the fact it's an attention getter. It would be an opportunity if he could've one it without much suspicion. The lack of prior thinking reads more town than scum to me. Think about it this way: scum plan their moves ahead of time and try to avoid suspicion. Town improvise and to an extent don't want to be suspected but are on the whole more busy searching for scum. Town won't have plans and setups on d1: the lack of premeditated hammering just doesn't seem like the caution scum would put in their game, especially new-scum.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

toxictaipan wrote:I really don't like how jindori put Twistedspoon at L-1 like that. It was just
asking
for someone to come in and hammer vote. Although I'll agree that I don't think ajolin is scum. I just don't get a strong scum feel off of his hammer for some reason. Something about it seems... off, I guess.

For now, I'll be voting for jindori.
VOTE: jindori
What do you feel is the scum motivation behind putting twisted at l-1? A claim? Hoping for a premature and highly unlikely with almost no chance of happening hammer?

If it was the second one, why hasn't jindori immediately gone hard slam on ajolin here? The claim doesn't work since claiming is done when someone who isn't on your wagon says they want to vote you and ask for a claim, not when you're at l-1.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by RayFrost »

jindori wrote:@Toxic if you really didn't like me putting at l-1 why didn't you unvote him. I noticed you were online when i did it. You could of unvoted. It really was bad that he was cop and i didn't expect that. But we can still recover.
Jindori, who do you think is scum? Why? I WANT SUSPICIONS AND LOGIC DAMMIT.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by RayFrost »

KittyMo wrote:I'm not sure that I have a concrete top 2, but the major things bugging me right now are Jindori's active lurking toward the end of the day and David's lurkiness and seeming to forget about Toxic once the lynch no longer looked viable. But, I think Jindori's entrance post will be very telling.

ajolin: In the future, if you don't feel good about hammering, then don't hammer. In some cases, gut/intuition can see what logic cannot.

I'll go ahead and re-VOTE: David Xanatos for now.
Now that jindori's posted, opinion pl0x.

What's your feeling about voided here? Do you feel his attack on ajolin is sincere? If you had to decide to lynch someone right now who would it be and why? You were rather sadly lacking in anything really resembling suspicions D1 and I don't like that. I mean, you got some, but it was marginal. Your whole hiding of information D1 stuff doesn't seem viable to me: town should value the spread of information more than dying or giving the information specifically to scum. Scum being influenced by a single player's suspicions seems unlikely, so I don't get why you felt you had a great pull on what the NK would be.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by jindori »

Also I think we should look at which player got killed Dekes. What does this tell you, it says that scum was trying to set me up. My active lurking near the end of day 2 was because my computer broke down and bieng watched by a teacher is nerve racking. You can notice how my posting pattern changed when I said my comp broke down as well.

Anyway i think i will give a reading on Voided. I don't really trust voided that much. Voided just seems to be going for low hanging fruit (aka ajolin and I). Also he pushed the case on twisted the hardest, yet is outraged when twisted is voted off. Saying that twisted is almost certain scum and then claiming to want to keep him in longer. If he was certin scum why have hesitations about twisted being voted. Also another fact dekes brought up this. Look who died, by killing dekes you would of gained the most out of everyone. Suspicion is cast on me it's impossible for dekes to bring up the case again. It's just a win win for you.

Edit also ray i was posting my opion but my teacher caught me and i was ninjaed by you 4 times. The bad thing is i have to print this off a redo all the spelling errors nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by RayFrost »

jindori wrote:Also I think we should look at which player got killed Dekes. What does this tell you, it says that scum was trying to set me up. My active lurking near the end of day 2 was because my computer broke down and bieng watched by a teacher is nerve racking. You can notice how my posting pattern changed when I said my comp broke down as well.

Anyway i think i will give a reading on Voided. I don't really trust voided that much. Voided just seems to be going for low hanging fruit (aka ajolin and I). Also he pushed the case on twisted the hardest, yet is outraged when twisted is voted off. Saying that twisted is almost certain scum and then claiming to want to keep him in longer. If he was certin scum why have hesitations about twisted being voted. Also another fact dekes brought up this. Look who died, by killing dekes you would of gained the most out of everyone. Suspicion is cast on me it's impossible for dekes to bring up the case again. It's just a win win for you.
NK analysis is a load of WIFOM. It's just as easily possible that scum decided to kill dekes to frame voided, who dekes suspected rather heavily. It's not really a great argument.

Being outraged at a premature hammer isn't really suspect, imo. Your arguing that voided should be completely satisfied with a lynch of the cop that happened without a claim, before twisted could reply to most of the case(s) against him, and with rather lacking quantities of content from both you and david. You should analyze for yourself ust how terrible your logic here.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by jindori »

Truthelly i didn't expect anyone to hammer that early, I didn't think anyone in their right mind would hammer that early. I also think i am the one who will be lynched today. Also i am still suspicious of toxic But if i vote him you guys be like it's a omgus vote, which i think omgus is a bunch of bs. The first thing is the argument with you but what I want to elabrate on, is the fact he copied david xanatos reasons in post 199. Which I would look into if i was you since david xanatos is high on your scum list. This actually made twisted wagon the biggest. Then post 212 and post 214. Trying to discredit twisted spoon earlier an argument even through it wasn't even brought up. I can fish more latter when i have time.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”