Mini 275: Subject Mafia - It's all over!

snowmonkey
snowmonkey
Goon
snowmonkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:54 am

Post by snowmonkey »

wassup. catching up, thanks kenji
snowmonkey
snowmonkey
Goon
snowmonkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:19 am

Post by snowmonkey »

Kenji wrote:Gah.....

Miali1020 - 1 (Jimmy the Rez)
RangeroftheNorth - 1 (Sineish)

Petroleumjelly - 1 ( Stewie)
Turbovolver - 2 (CropCirlces
, Quailman)
Sineish - 1 (RangeroftheNorth)

CropCircles - 1 (Turbovolver
Pablito - 1 (petroleumjelly)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

There we go... sorry about that... it was a test.... yeah.... thats it.... :oops:

ahh, the old retaliatory vote....very nice.

the two that stick out the most to me are ranger and turbo. i say we run em up and see what happens.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:18 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

snowmonkey wrote:the two that stick out the most to me are ranger and turbo. i say we run em up and see what happens.
I am suspicious of ranger also. Not only did he pull the whole "Now that I'm mentioned, I'll show up" trick, but he had been posting all over the forums on the days while he was lurking.

Something came up he wasn't expecting, but it only stopped him from posting on one thread? No absence mentioned in any of his posts I saw either.

Unvote: cropcircles
Vote: RangeroftheNorth
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:43 am

Post by pablito »

Turbo, is it coincidental that snowmonkey mentions two names - one which is yours - and then you jump to vote for the second name mentioned? You make sense why you did it, but it just seemed very convenient for you.

However, I too would like to see what Ranger has to say, so
Sup, later.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:07 am

Post by Sotty7 »

pablito wrote:Turbo, is it coincidental that snowmonkey mentions two names - one which is yours - and then you jump to vote for the second name mentioned? You make sense why you did it, but it just seemed very convenient for you.
Why say that if you intend to vote for Ranger yourself?

Ranger said he'd post on Monday and I'm willing to believe that something has came up for him as he said. Turbo, if you can point me to other threads he has posted in since posting that message here, then maybe that would change my mind. For now though I can wait

Mod
can we have a prod on Sineish? We might need another replacement already
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:22 am

Post by Kenji »

Yeah, I'll go prod Sineish now... here's hoping we don't need a second replacement...
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:25 am

Post by pablito »

Turbo has made many questionable moves, and I'm currently attributing them to odd gameplay than scumminess. Either Turbo's been fairly horrible as scum, or fairly horrible as pro-town. And I'm guessing that a scum wouldn't be that aggressive and making so many mistakes this early. Apparently so do most voters, since we're currently voting for lurkers.

But while I'm on the subject of Turbo:
Turbovolver wrote: In fact, because everybody else seems to hate my early game play and you are here understanding it all I'm tempted to think you are ingratiating yourself with a
townie
Could you explain this further, Turbo? Was this a hidden claim or just a mix-up? I missed this first time around, and I'd like to see what say you. Because it would be interesting if a scum subtly dropped a hint like this only to come back to it later.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:13 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Sotty7 wrote:Turbo, if you can point me to other threads he has posted in since posting that message here, then maybe that would change my mind. For now though I can wait
viewtopic.php?p=296513&highlight=#296513
viewtopic.php?p=296515&highlight=#296515
viewtopic.php?p=296188&highlight=#296188
viewtopic.php?p=296028&highlight=#296028
viewtopic.php?p=295230&highlight=#295230
viewtopic.php?p=295223&highlight=#295223

Most of those are short posts, but there are a few long ones that seem to be well thought out as well. I wouldn't be suspicious if he had said that this game wasn't as important because it was still in Day 1, but I don't think posting in other places but not here gels with "something came up I wasn't expecting", hence my suspicions.
pablito wrote:Turbo, is it coincidental that snowmonkey mentions two names - one which is yours - and then you jump to vote for the second name mentioned? You make sense why you did it, but it just seemed very convenient for you.
I saw that and thought it would stick out... but I wasn't going to compromise my suspicions just because I myself would look a little bit more suspicious. You've seen that throughout the day :P

The reason I attacked RangeroftheNorth is because the town is on a lurker hunt, and I think that Ranger is a better target than Sineish.

Well, I
did
. I checked out RangeroftheNorth's posting history to see if he was being honest, but that didn't really check out to me. However because Sineish didn't post anything at all, I figured he was genuinely away. Just then I looked, and I see he has recent posts too!

So really, either of them is worth pressuring. Bah, lurking pisses me off.
pablito wrote:Turbo has made many questionable moves, and I'm currently attributing them to odd gameplay than scumminess. Either Turbo's been fairly horrible as scum, or fairly horrible as pro-town.
Horrible as pro-town? If cropcircles dies and comes up scum, will you take it back?
pablito wrote:Could you explain this further, Turbo? Was this a hidden claim or just a mix-up?
I meant it in the "pro-town" sense, not the "no abilities" sense.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:20 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to say Sotty7 has been slightly pinging my scumdar. She seems to ask a lot of other players to clarify or explain their actions, but never actually commits herself to any concrete suspicions of her own (lurker-voting Sineish excepted).

To me, asking so many of these type of questions is a way of appearing innocent whilst still seeding suspicion around, and hence the slight twinge of scumminess I feel.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Sure I've been asking questions, if I don't understand peoples motives or actions then if at all possible I'd like to know what they're thinking. By asking people to clarify themselves helps me get a better read on them by the way they react to me. That's just my play style.

So basically Sineish and Ranger both are lurking in the same fashion. For now I'm gonna leave my vote on Sineish because at least Ranger popped into the thread. If Monday comes and goes then I'll join in with the Ranger votes.

Right now I'm looking at the lurkers because the only other real head turning moment we've had so far was the Cropcirlces v Turbo debate. At the moment I don't believe Turbo is scum many because he seems too paranoid, which just seemed to rub Cropcirlces the wrong way. So if we get these slackers involved in the game then we can have more head turning moments that will (hopefully) lead to a scum lynch.

That's my thinking anyway
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:36 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Allow me to put a scummy fourth vote on ranger

I want there to be pressure on him when he checks in, but please let's leave it at that. It never ceases to amaze me how even pro-town players manage to speed-lynch people before they even have the chance to speak up for themselves.

I don't think there's any reason to pressure Sineish now that he's been prodded. Either he gets replaced, or he speaks up. The fact that Ranger excused himself with RL obligations while staying active elsewhere strikes me as a lot more suspicious than not showing up at all.

On a different note, I'm starting to warm up to Turbovolver's playing style. It might be a bit over-aggressive but atleast he's being active and putting his ideas out there, which is more than I can say about most of us so far, including me. but I'm stubborn so he's still an idiot. :wink:
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by pablito »

Turbovolver wrote: Horrible as pro-town? If cropcircles dies and comes up scum, will you take it back?
Yes, of course - and both you and cropcircles are still on my radar at the moment.
Turbovolver wrote:
pablito wrote:Could you explain this further, Turbo? Was this a hidden claim or just a mix-up?
I meant it in the "pro-town" sense, not the "no abilities" sense.
I thought this was what you meant, and I just wanted to see how you'd react. And your reaction gave me no significant tell.

I do hope that Monday is explosive because this weekend has been a bit lagging for this game.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:13 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

pablito wrote:
Turbovolver wrote: Horrible as pro-town? If cropcircles dies and comes up scum, will you take it back?
Yes, of course - and both you and cropcircles are still on my radar at the moment.
Just re-reading this... I sound so whiny. :cry:

Sotty7, your response was well-written but I can see either a competent townie or a competent scum behind it. So my tiny bit of suspicion stays - agreed that the lurkers are more important though.

Would people prefer if I posted LESS? If so, I'll try to address that. I just like mafia too much :?
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by Sineish »

Kenji wrote:Yeah, I'll go prod Sineish now...
Prod received. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting.
I understand that given my lack of posts this opinion lacks much weight, but I'm willing to wait until Monday for Ranger to post.
Unvote: RangeroftheNorth

Turbovolver wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Turbo, if you can point me to other threads he has posted in since posting that message here, then maybe that would change my mind. For now though I can wait
Although he then gives six links to threads that Ranger has posted in, none of them are actually
after
the post where Ranger checks in and gives apologies. I don't think that diminishes the point he's trying to make, just that quoting the "since posting that message here" bit is a little misleading. Although we seem to have moved on from the cropcircles/Turbovolver debate, having read through the thread I would say I'm more suspicious of Turbo, mainly for being on the defensive most of the time - and as a consequence, I'm suspicious of Pablito for having such a rational conversation with him.

More to follow tomorrow,

S.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:30 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Sineish wrote:
Although he then gives six links to threads that Ranger has posted in, none of them are actually
after
the post where Ranger checks in and gives apologies. I don't think that diminishes the point he's trying to make, just that quoting the "since posting that message here" bit is a little misleading.
Crap, I didn't see that "after the message here" bit. Yeah, he only has one post since the message last time I checked, and it was a very short one.

I assumed she just wanted verification of my argument, and my argument was just that he had been posting on other threads whilst not posting here. Now that you bring this up though, I'm looking back at Sotty7's behaviour. She said she might be convinced if I gave example threads... I completely screwed up those example threads, as Sineish has pointed out. But Sotty7 doesn't notice this, she's too busy concentrating on her own defense. It makes me think that she requested them in a rather token display of goodness, and that she didn't follow through on her wanting more evidence about Ranger's lurking.

Slightly more suspicious of Sotty7 now. Hell,

FOS: Sotty7
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:02 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Turbovolver wrote:
Sineish wrote:
after
the post where Ranger checks in and gives apologies. I don't think that diminishes the point he's trying to make, just that quoting the "since posting that message here" bit is a little misleading.
Crap, I didn't see that "after the message here" bit. Yeah, he only has one post since the message last time I checked, and it was a very short one.

I assumed she just wanted verification of my argument, and my argument was just that he had been posting on other threads whilst not posting here. Now that you bring this up though, I'm looking back at Sotty7's behaviour. She said she might be convinced if I gave example threads... I completely screwed up those example threads, as Sineish has pointed out. But Sotty7 doesn't notice this, she's too busy concentrating on her own defense. It makes me think that she requested them in a rather token display of goodness, and that she didn't follow through on her wanting more evidence about Ranger's lurking.

Unvote

FOS: Turbovolver
for screwing up.

I didn't notice that most of the links were wrong either, Turbo.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Don Gaetano wrote:
FOS: Turbovolver
for screwing up.

I didn't notice that most of the links were wrong either, Turbo.
That's beside the point - the thing is that Sotty7 made a specific request and didn't pick up on the fact that I failed to fulfill that request. You're just somebody watching from the sidelines, and I misunderstood the request. But if she was serious about the request, she would've realised - hence I'm suggesting there's a good chance she wasn't serious about the request and that this is suspicious.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Turbovolver wrote:
Sineish wrote:
after

I actually DID notice that fact, I believe there was one (or maybe two) that were posted on the Friday. The rest of the posts were maybe during the week
after
the thread had been open, that's why I still believed them to be valid points. That is also why I did not move my vote.

This looks like that your trying to move the fact that you “screwed up” on to my back. Even though, I don't truly believe that you did.

P.S - Sineish, good to see you! My vote on you was just a pressure to get you in here and help with the conversation, which you have done.

Unvote
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:39 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Sotty7 wrote:I actually DID notice that fact, I believe there was one (or maybe two) that were posted on the Friday. The rest of the posts were maybe during the week
after
the thread had been open, that's why I still believed them to be valid points. That is also why I did not move my vote.
If I understand this, you are saying you didn't move your vote from Sineish to RangeroftheNorth because there weren't any posts after Ranger's apology - and that was the condition you were looking for to move your vote.

Is that right?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:56 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Sotty7 wrote:

Ranger said he'd post on Monday and I'm willing to believe that something has came up for him as he said. Turbo, if you can point me to other threads he has posted in since posting that message here, then
maybe
that would change my mind. For now though I can wait

Mod
This is the whole post in question and the answer to your question, in a nutshell, is yes.

I have been and still am, willing to give Ranger until Monday to come back as he said he would. Your post before was so instant about the fact that he
has
been active in other threads, so I asked you to show me if that was the case. Basically I was thinking that you would have to show me a very convincing case showing that Ranger
had
been active over the weekend for me to vote him. I used the word maybe because I don't think there is too much harm waiting until after the weekend for one player, especially if real life stuff really did get in his way. If on the other hand, you had shown me ten posts by Ranger showing his activity over the weekend I would have definitely voted for him.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:10 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I was just making sure that I'd understood your post right, because at first I interpreted it a different way (that you were still suspicious of Ranger, and that's why you didn't move your vote... your vote was on Sineish), and then I realised midway through a post that it could've had a different meaning.

Yes was the right answer :) It's of course still possible you are lying, but your actions make sense now that I know that's what you meant in that post.

Un-FOS: Sotty7

Still that tiny bit of suspicion on you though from earlier, though :wink:
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:14 pm

Post by Stewie »

Ok, what exactly is going on in here? It's like a freaking SOAPS episode. Confused? I won't be after the next post of "Subject mafia."
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:33 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Stewie wrote:Ok, what exactly is going on in here? It's like a freaking SOAPS episode. Confused? I won't be after the next post of "Subject mafia."
If you're talking about me and Sotty:

* Sotty asked for examples where Ranger had posted after apologising here, to see if his lurking behaviour had continued after the apology.

* I misunderstood the request, reading it as just "show me examples that Ranger has posted while not posting here" (in other words, I missed the "after his apology" bit). I post up some links which show him to be posting elsewhere, but not after the apology.

* Sineish points out that I screwed up.

* I say, hey wait, I did... why didn't Sotty notice that? I FOS her.

* Sotty says she did notice, and that's why she didn't vote Ranger

* I almost misunderstand her post, so I ask her to clarify her meaning

* She clarifies, I say that's cool and I un FOS her.

Anybody want to contest that summary?
snowmonkey
snowmonkey
Goon
snowmonkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:43 pm

Post by snowmonkey »

Sotty7 wrote:

Ranger said he'd post on Monday and I'm willing to believe that something has came up for him as he said. Turbo, if you can point me to other threads he has posted in since posting that message here, then maybe that would change my mind. For now though I can wait

Mod

id say their reactions are very telling. but im willing to wait to see what ranger has to say about his non posting shenanigans. right now,
vote turbo
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:43 pm

Post by Stewie »

Thanks turbo, that helps. Now if we could get ranger to comment...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”