Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Demonic Angel wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
@ Katscum: Disagree. PM'ing a player about not-game-related stuff is not-game-related. It'd be like me telling equinox my scum meta based off of [inert recently completed games]... except it (the PM mothrax sent) is actually
less
relevant. (Random fact: I actually
did
talk with equinox about this and point out my tells in a real AIM conversation once, though the only game we were in together at the time is one we were hydra'ing in)

Except, said PM was a result of in-game actions.

We are not talking about casual conversations such as AIM. We are talking about a PM that directly stemmed through game events.

Your response to Equinox was also extremely weak.

Erm, no. Mothrax specifically said that he sent a PM with no relation to game events. Unless we're talking about another PM that happened that wasn't mentioned?

I fail to see what about my response to equi was weak. Nobody said "THIS IS STUPID, STFU ABOUT IT" - as a result, speculation surrounding it is just a stupidity indicator, not a scumtell. It's now going to be a scumtell if it happens.

Care to explain why you're pushing so hard for the PM to be related to this game? I can't follow the purpose.
don't you feel silly now?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

RayFrost wrote:Erm, no. Mothrax specifically said that he sent a PM with no relation to game events. Unless we're talking about another PM that happened that wasn't mentioned?

As soon as I came out of the gate with the policy lynch on him, he sent me an angry PM basically asking me what my problem was and telling me to fuck off.

It's 100% game relevant because if I had not posted that I had a free lynch on him, he would not have sent the PM. It is also 100% game relevant because people are using it to generate town reads on him.

Also, the attitude of DERP DERP ITS NOT RELEVANT is wrong. It's a discussion of whether someone is town or scum, and it's a pretty fuckin relevant discussion too since that person could either be lynched / not be lynched.

Still catching up, but current scumreads are: mothrax, hito, Seraphim.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

RayFrost wrote:
Demonic Angel wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
@ Katscum: Disagree. PM'ing a player about not-game-related stuff is not-game-related. It'd be like me telling equinox my scum meta based off of [inert recently completed games]... except it (the PM mothrax sent) is actually
less
relevant. (Random fact: I actually
did
talk with equinox about this and point out my tells in a real AIM conversation once, though the only game we were in together at the time is one we were hydra'ing in)

Except, said PM was a result of in-game actions.

We are not talking about casual conversations such as AIM. We are talking about a PM that directly stemmed through game events.

Your response to Equinox was also extremely weak.

Erm, no. Mothrax specifically said that he sent a PM with no relation to game events. Unless we're talking about another PM that happened that wasn't mentioned?

I fail to see what about my response to equi was weak. Nobody said "THIS IS STUPID, STFU ABOUT IT" - as a result, speculation surrounding it is just a stupidity indicator, not a scumtell. It's now going to be a scumtell if it happens.

Care to explain why you're pushing so hard for the PM to be related to this game? I can't follow the purpose.

My issue is how you're trying to dismiss the PM.

Regarding your statement about what Mothrax said about the PM, I never said the PM itself contained game content. Re-read my post.

As for the Equi statement, and your subsequent response, you are content in wrapping yourself in your own warped reality. You're also going off on an entirely seperate tangent.

All in all, this isn't the townRay I know.
Fate+The Angelic Presence known as
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Quadz wrote:I still don't understand why that's scummy, Dup. VPB said it was in town's best interest for him not to post; in order for continuing to post to be a scumtell, that statement would have to actually be true, which I don't think it really is.

Not at all. Lets use an example, if I say that lurking this thread is anti-town and then proceed to lurk the thread, that's openly admitting to being anti-town.
RayFrost wrote: People that shouldn't be dying even if someone claims daycop with a guilty result (hint: the daycop's scum): MoI, Equinox, VPB, Magua, Hito, Gamma

I can understand the Magua, Gamma and even the Equinox town-read to a degree but can you explain the other three.
RayFrost wrote:People that are town but not nearly as clearly obvious ubar town as the above: Faraday, DDD, Quadz, Mothrax (mothrax is town due to associative tells based off of those voting him rather than his individual play), Parama, sotty, plum

I can agree with Faraday, Mothrox, Parma and Sotty but explain the Plum/DDD town-read please.
RayFrost wrote: Scum that should be lynched even if someone claims daycop with an innocent on them: D[ark]A[rts], VV, AGM

I don't agree with either of these reads though I can understand the DA and VV one to a degree but do you think that AGM is
A) Faking his roleclaim and if Mothrox gets lynched he is proven fake or
B) Isn't faking his roleclaim and is mafia with the power to prolong the day if Mothrox gets lynched
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Wait, katsuki knows town-Ray outside of replacing into a shitty game town Ray? I didn't know this.

I'm dismissing the M because I misunderstood the context of the PM - my memory is that it had no relation to game-events (as per what mothrax said). If this is untrue, go balls to the wall using it. If it's true, then it's immediately not game relevant and, well... you know what I think on that.

Hito's wall posting follows a very distinct style that I've got moderate meta for (he does it as both town and scum, but... there are differences). His style of posting here is actually a town level of clarity and confidence. His desire to dive into the setup speculation also reads town: this is one of his habits, though I don't know if it's a town and scum habit.

VPB's holding back here doesn't feel scummy to me. I'll give you more when he gives me more. Trust and peace.

MoI's read.... I'll let you know later.

Plum's postings are actually really good. I was with her in MoCo to see her thought processes, and her thinking here doesn't ring of the same flow as her thoughts there.

DDD's an instinctual read.

AGM's "GO GO MOTHRAX, IGNORE EVERYONE ELSE, MOTHRAX MUST DIE" style just rings hollow to me. Obv not fakeclaiming, but not necessarily going for our best interests here. I really don't think he is, and I find his lack of high contributions elsewhere even after he's caught up to be suspect. I fail to see the validity of point b for discrediting or countering my belief here, though I may be misunderstanding it.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Demonic Angel wrote:As for the Equi statement, and your subsequent response, you are content in wrapping yourself in your own
warped
reality.
You're also going off on an entirely seperate tangent.

Erm. Wut @ bolded

How so @ italicized
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Vi »

Time for me to step in.

The PM in question has been determined by the mod team to impact the game.
If anyone wants to discuss this ruling with me/us, they can wait until they're dead.

Thus.

--- mothrax --- High Priest of chamber, and
Town
--- shut down Day 1.

End of Day 1 vote count and etc. to be posted later.

---

Stand by to receive a PM detailing what options are available to you for Night 1.
Night actions need to be sent in within the next three days.

The following Domains are available for Worship Tonight.
Asceticism

Austerity

Balance

Concision

Fervor

Justice

Logic

Solism

Syncretism

Verbosity

Whimsy

Will
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Vi »

Vote Count IV
- *sigh*
:right: quadz08 (L-2) ~ mothrax, Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar, Seraphim, Gammagooey, Katsuki, Faraday, singersigner, Parama, ooba
Parama (L-9) ~ Magua, hitogoroshi, Plum
VasudeVa (L-10) ~ MagnaofIllusion, sottyrulez
VP Baltar (L-10) ~ Duplicity, Nicki Minaj
mothrax (L-11) ~ AlmasterGM
MagnaofIllusion (L-11) ~ VasudeVa
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-11) ~ quadz08
Demonic Angel (L-11) ~ RayFrost
Plum (L-12) ~
Nicki Minaj

Minimum (L-12)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special,
RayFrost,
Equinox

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|||
(73%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 12:15 am

Post by Vi »

24 hours until the deadline for Night 1.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Vi »

--- Duplicity --- High Priest of Adel, and
Town
--- Shot Night 1...

--- Equinox --- High Priestess of UncertainKitten, and
Town
--- Pwned Night 1...

--- Nicki Minaj --- High Priest/ess of Vi, and
Town
--- Inexplicably Mutated Night 1...

Vote Count V:
Mafia MetaMafia Speed Run
Minimum (L-10)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Duplicity, Equinox,
Faraday, Gammagooey, hitogoroshi, Demonic Angel, MagnaofIllusion, Magua,
mothrax, Nicki Minaj,
Nobody Special, ooba, Parama, Plum, quadz08, RayFrost, Seraphim, singersigner, sottyrulez, VasudeVa, VP Baltar

-It is now Day 2!

--With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(50%)
Last edited by Vi on Wed May 11, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hrm...this is going to be a short game at this rate.

Vote:quadz
obv scum is still scum.

Ok, I got fully caught up over night. I got very strong town reads on Ray, Seraphim, Faraday and substantial town reads on Sottyrulez, DDD and Gamma.

I think hito and Plum look pretty damn scummy and I'd be willing to lynch them after quadz is dead. Signer I'm up in the air on because I kind of feel like she is paying lip service to the quadz wagon after it got serious backing. One of MoI and VV is probably scum, but I'm leaning the latter in this case. Reserving the rest of my reads until I feel more comfortable making those calls.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Parama »

vote: quadz

good job breaking it, mothrax.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also with singer, I didn't like how hard she was trying to discredit people calling mothrax town.
YOUR AD HERE

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:11 am

Post by ooba »

Quadz is def. scum - meta reasons - totally different vibe in another game

Vote: Quadz

Also we need to work out a method for revealing N0 worship and checking out yesterday's faith results. For this to give us the most info, we should have every player reveal N0 worship before we start talking about faith for various combinations on N1.

I suggest popcorn* since it's faster than combining different people's scum lists to come up with claim order. (Day has started at 50%)

*Meaning the first person is selected randomly and he chooses the next person to claim N0 worship
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 am

Post by ooba »

1) AlmasterGM
2) Debonair Danny DiPietro
5) Faraday
6) Gammagooey
7) hitogoroshi
8) Demonic Angel replacing Katsuki D1
9) MagnaofIllusion
10) Magua
13) Nobody Special
14) ooba
15) Parama
16) Plum
17) quadz08
18) RayFrost
19) Seraphim
20) singersigner
21) sottyrulez (Sotty7+zachrulez)
22) VasudeVa
23) VP Baltar

Original Roll String: 1d19
1 19-Sided Dice: (19) = 19
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 am

Post by sottyrulez »

The thing I really dislike about Singer is the issue she made about the Mothrax PM which arguably lead to the modkill. I can't help but think that was deliberate.

He's scum too.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:13 am

Post by ooba »

That's VPB ..
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:15 am

Post by sottyrulez »

ooba wrote:Quadz is def. scum - meta reasons - totally different vibe in another game

Also we need to work out a method for revealing N0 worship and checking out yesterday's faith results. For this to give us the most info, we should have every player reveal N0 worship before we start talking about faith for various combinations on N1.

I suggest popcorn* since it's faster than combining different people's scum lists to come up with claim order. (Day has started at 50%)

*Meaning the first person is selected randomly and he chooses the next person to claim N0 worship

With 4 players now dead and unable to claim this, I'm not sure how you think this can be reliably accomplished.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm confused about this whole reveal worship business. Can you explain it to me? How do we know what domains were worshiped so we can check them? I don't mind going first. I just haven't understood that part of the setup discussion really.
YOUR AD HERE

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:19 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I'll be re-reading the explosion that happened since my last post in light of the flips.

I still think VV is scum and after the initial read of Singer lean towards her as scum as well.

Those who pushed on Nicki early will need reviewed. And I want to look at Equinox to see where his suspicions lay. He's not what I would call a priority target based on reputation alone.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:20 am

Post by RayFrost »

sottyrulez wrote:The thing I really dislike about Singer is the issue she made about the Mothrax PM which arguably lead to the modkill. I can't help but think that was deliberate.

He's scum too.

Erm. What?

Singer didn't make a big deal: AGM, demonic angels, and myself, IIRC, were the main people discussing it at the time the mod team came to a decision. Singer at most paid lip service to the topic, while AGM and DA were pushing heavily on it having an impact on the game.

I fail to see why you don't find them suspect and choose to instead single out SS.

Equinox is female, MoI. Just thought I'd let you know.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:21 am

Post by ooba »

sottyrulez wrote:With 4 players now dead and unable to claim this, I'm not sure how you think this can be reliably accomplished.
We can try and guess on what they worshipped based on the gaps between N0 and faith.
(or)
We can
- Claim faith received first on N1 claim - followed by domain claim .. That way the dead players won't play a part in it ..
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:22 am

Post by RayFrost »

ooba wrote:Quadz is def. scum - meta reasons - totally different vibe in another game

I disagree with choosing the first person randomly. This does
not
maximize the benefit to town by minimizing the benefit to perceived scum. It's better to vote on who should reveal and work from there.

I don't really agree with the N0 worship thing being of interest at this point, though. Not entirely sure, but yeah. Seems marginal, but then again... I've never been one for setup discussion.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:26 am

Post by ooba »

VP Baltar wrote:I'm confused about this whole reveal worship business. Can you explain it to me? How do we know what domains were worshiped so we can check them? I don't mind going first. I just haven't understood that part of the setup discussion really.

Ya hold on till more people weigh on this, but this is my proposal (junked the initial plan because of scotty's point):
- All players claim faith received yesterday (on N1)
- We then have players claiming their two Domains
Outcome:
- We will be able to narrow down how many individuals worships each domain got
-- That way we can avoid worshiping the domain with the most votes
- *Also if people lie, we may be able to narrow it down

P-edit:
In which case, I'll vote for Quadz to start the claiming ..
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:29 am

Post by RayFrost »

VP Baltar wrote:Hrm...this is going to be a short game at this rate.

Vote:quadz
obv scum is still scum.

Ok, I got fully caught up over night. I got very strong town reads on
Ray
, Seraphim, Faraday and substantial town reads on Sottyrulez, DDD and Gamma.

I think
hito
and
Plum
look pretty damn scummy and I'd be willing to lynch them after quadz is dead. Signer I'm up in the air on because I kind of feel like she is paying lip service to the quadz wagon after it got serious backing. One of MoI and VV is probably scum, but I'm leaning the latter in this case. Reserving the rest of my reads until I feel more comfortable making those calls.

Bolded = Do Not Compute. Explanations please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”