Mini 275: Subject Mafia - It's all over!

Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:08 pm

Post by Stewie »

Turbovolver wrote:Unless of course snowmonkey turns up scum. Then, I look pretty bad :(
If he has a role which does not allow him to claim, then we'd all look stupid.

I'll argue tomorrow. Eleven pages is more than enough to re-read.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:27 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Stewie wrote:If he has a role which does not allow him to claim, then we'd all look stupid.
Oh god, I haven't even considered that posibility. If that's the case, I would feel like an idiot, and I would have some serious apologising to do. To snowmonkey and the town. Now that you mention it, i'm really afraid that's the case. I really hope it's not.

If it's not the case, I'll be pretty happy about our lynch, no matter what his allignment is.

=====

Turbovolver, I don't really agree with you about your "plans" for tomorow. My main concern now is Quailman and expecially Sineish.

MOD
can you prod Quailman and Sineish?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:56 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Don Gaetano wrote:Turbovolver, I don't really agree with you about your "plans" for tomorow. My main concern now is Quailman and expecially Sineish.
Hmm, I suppose that is the other approach to tomorrow - fair enough. Though I really think Quailman has been behaving more suspiciously than Sineish.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:42 am

Post by Sotty7 »

We don't want to narrow our field of vision for tomorrow before we even have a night. I still disagree with you Turbo (shocking huh?) but seeing as we're in twilight I'll hold of for now and just say that we just have two different views of what's going on which makes us think that the other is scum.
turbo wrote:Though I really think Quailman has been behaving more suspiciously than Sineish.
Isn't that just because Quail has been a little more involved, I mean Sineish has only posted three times...

If Snow does have a role where he is not allowed to claim, then I'll join in the stupid parade too. :?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:44 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Sotty7 wrote:
turbo wrote:Though I really think Quailman has been behaving more suspiciously than Sineish.
Isn't that just because Quail has been a little more involved, I mean Sineish has only posted three times...
I got a slight pro-town vibe from Sineish's posts, whereas Quailman has done nothing but join bandwagons.
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:31 am

Post by Kenji »

Snowmonkey - 7 (RangeroftheNorth, stewie, Sotty7, Don Gaetano,Jimmy the Rez, pablito,CropCircles)

Turbovolver - 2 ( Quailman,petroleumjelly)
Stewie - 1 (Turbovolver, )
RangeroftheNorth - 1 ( snowmonkey)

Not voting:
Sineish

Snowmonkey is lynched, after much talking... once he is dead it is discovered that he is
Maths, Vanilla Townie

You are Maths, you can recite pi to 1,000 places, you can do calculus and you are potentialy the oldest subject known to man-kind, although... being able to add up isn't that important when playing Mafia, as I do all the counting of votes...
You win when there are no non-townies left, please confirm by replying to this pm.

[For clarification you are a basic townie]
It is now NIGHT 1, you've got till Wednesday to get your night choices in!
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:50 am

Post by Kenji »

You awake to find that one of you is missing.... but who is? A quick head count makes it clear Jimmy the Rez is missing he was:
Français, vous êtes une grande et noble langue, une qui a semblé à difficile pour que votre modérateur contrôle, qui est pourquoi il a utilisé un traducteur en ligne pour écrire ceci. Puisque vous êtes ainsi vous comprendre dur et votre ami "Allemand" (INSERT NAME HERE)can parlent librement la nuit, vous gagnent quand il n'y a plus aucun non-townies. Confirmez svp en répondant à ce message.

And, if like me you can't read french...

French, you are a great and noble language, one that seemed too difficult for your moderator to manage, which is why he used an online translator to write this. Because you are so hard to understand you and your friend "German" (INSERT NAME HERE)can speak freely at night, you win when there are no non-townies left. Please confirm by replying to this message.
You search for his body and find it buried underneath a pile of books in the Library...

With 10 left alive, it takes 6 for a lynch!
Last edited by Kenji on Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:16 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Vote: Quailman
to get him to post.
FOS: Sineish
for the same reason.

Both of them have been around the site but not on here.

Still suspicious of, roughly in order:

Stewie
Sotty7
petroleumjelly
cropcircles

Should we have Jimmy's partner come out as a confirmed innocent? The only reason I can think not to is because a confirmed innocent might be more powerful later in the game - that has the risk of having them die before they come out though.

So there are advantadges either way... what do other people think about Jimmy's partner claiming?
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:14 am

Post by cropcircles »

Masons shouldn't just up and claim. So long as any hypothetical vig keeps it in his/her pants, then they will only be dying to the mafia. If we wagon him, he claims. Otherwise, he stays hidden 'til mass claim time. That way, we keep covor for the doc and cop.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:55 am

Post by pablito »

Vote: Sineish
for not being around.

The other mason can claim if s/he wants but shouldn't have to.
Sup, later.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

cropcircles wrote:Masons shouldn't just up and claim. So long as any hypothetical vig keeps it in his/her pants, then they will only be dying to the mafia. If we wagon him, he claims. Otherwise, he stays hidden 'til mass claim time. That way, we keep covor for the doc and cop.
I could be misunderstanding the post but it doesn't seem very reasonable to me.

So our "hypothetical vig" should turn themselves into a vanilla townie just because there is an unclaimed mason partner out there?
And if the mason partner doesn't come out, how does that provide cover for the cop and doc? The mafia have no idea who it is, so they'll just hunt for cop and doc like normal - it would be by claiming that the mason partner would draw fire away from the other power-roles.

I'm not saying that Jimmy's partner coming out is the right play (that's why I'm asking for others' opinions), but the reasons provided here don't seem plausible (at least until further explanation).

Also, this post seems like an excuse to post "content" risk-free - it does nothing to hunt scums. While not all posts have to be devoted to the purpose of hunting scums, I'm suspicious that the first post by someone on a new day wouldn't talk about their suspicions now they know the result of the lynch... unless of course they already knew what was going to happen.

FOS: cropcircles

PPE: See? pablito's first post seems far more townie-ish. Perhaps the best idea is to just let the mason partner decide for themself.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I think it should be noted that the following players have been around since the thread re-opened but have declined to post here:

petroleumjelly
Sotty7
RangeroftheNorth

Ranger only posted up the start of a game he's modding though, so perhaps that took priority and he was time-limited.

I'm suspicious of this (less so of Ranger)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:10 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Geez Turbo. I had only just noticed that the game had reopened.

Vote: Quailman

Out of the two lurkers, I am more suspicious of Quail than Sineish right now. He did nothing but bandwagon and promise content in the first day. This is a pressure vote to get some talking from him.
Mod
– Did you prod both Sineish and Quail before the day started? If not could you?

As for the mason coming out, I'd say no for now. It just narrows down the power role options for the scum and gives them a confirmed innocent. If we happen to bandwagon the partner, then sure claim, but for now I don't see the benefit.
Turbo wrote:And if the mason partner doesn't come out, how does that provide cover for the cop and doc? The mafia have no idea who it is, so they'll just hunt for cop and doc like normal - it would be by claiming that the mason partner would draw fire away from the other power-roles.
I
think
he means, like I think, that if the partner claims right here and now the scum will
know
that that person is not the doc or the cop. So it would narrow their field and improve their odds slightly when they kill tonight.
cropcircles wrote:Masons shouldn't just up and claim. So long as any hypothetical vig keeps it in his/her pants, then they will only be dying to the mafia.
A hypothetical vig? Why mention that? We aren't sure that there is a vig just yet. I understand covering all the bases, but this statement just kind sat wrong with me.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:20 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Turbovolver wrote:I think it should be noted that the following players have been around since the thread re-opened but have declined to post here:

petroleumjelly
Sotty7
RangeroftheNorth
Oh no, I must be scum. Just checking into this game (as I just now realized the game has opened), I'm going to have to do a full re-read now that we have two confirmed (albeit deceased) innocents. I'll probably give a more substantive post by Saturday.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:02 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Sotty7 wrote:I
think
he means, like I think, that if the partner claims right here and now the scum will
know
that that person is not the doc or the cop. So it would narrow their field and improve their odds slightly when they kill tonight.
That makes sense. I can see room for an argument about which way actually puts less pressure on cop/doc, but that's probably not worth it. I think pablito is right and the individual should decide whether to claim or not.

And as for the "not posted yet" thing... I found it slightly suspicious and I put it out there - I know everytime I've come on I've checked to see if the game had reopened.

Funnily enough when I did make that comment two people I fingered showed up in a matter of hours. What are the chances two people I already consider scummy both didn't realise the game was reopened but did just after someone pointed out their absence?

Statistics aren't the best thing to go on, but I'd be suprised if other people aren't also suspicious of what just happened there.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:23 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Turbovolver wrote:Funnily enough when I did make that comment two people I fingered showed up in a matter of hours. What are the chances two people I already consider scummy both didn't realise the game was reopened but did just after someone pointed out their absence?
I dunno... how about
really good
?

The first post when this game reopened (made by you) was at 4:16 PM, Thursday. My post was at 11:20 PM, Thursday.
Of course
my first post is going to be within a matter of hours within yours. The access I had during the day (where I believe I made a couple moves in my chess game) was done on a school computer: I did not have time to re-read all of my Mafia games, but I did have time to look the current chess position. I got home around 8:00 PM (which is 11:00 PM Scum time), skimmed my current games, and posted where I felt necessary.

Again, it looks to me like you are trying to make something out of nothing.

And before you go ranting that I answered you so quickly now, it is because I have constant access from 8:00 to 1:00 (11:00 PM - 4:00 AM) at my dorm, and I check back here about twice on the hour unless I am preoccupied.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:48 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

petroleumjelly wrote:The first post when this game reopened (made by you) was at 4:16 PM, Thursday. My post was at 11:20 PM, Thursday. Of course my first post is going to be within a matter of hours within yours.
I don't get this point. What does the time I made my first post in the thread have to do with anything?
petroleumjelly wrote:The access I had during the day (where I believe I made a couple moves in my chess game) was done on a school computer: I did not have time to re-read all of my Mafia games, but I did have time to look the current chess position.
It looks like you are in three other mafia games, and you posted in two of them (one decently long post, one short one). If you didn't put the word "all" in there, this would be a blatant lie, and even with "all" there it still looks like bending the truth.
petroleumjelly wrote:I got home around 8:00 PM (which is 11:00 PM Scum time), skimmed my current games, and posted where I felt necessary.
You posted in one game apart from this one. I like the way the word "re-read" above has suddenly turned into "skimmed".

And I don't doubt that you got home and skimmed your games - I'm just saying that I think you skimmed them while you were making your other posts earlier in the day and declined to post here because you are scum waiting to see how the town responded to the mislynch you were a part of before you posted anything.
petroleumjelly wrote:Again, it looks to me like you are trying to make something out of nothing.
I can see people thinking my original post was "making something out of nothing". But now you've reappared as soon as you were mentioned, and when called on that you've replied with a rather defensive summary of your actions that appears to bend the truth.

That is, I don't think it's "nothing" anymore.

Oh and you also said the chances of what happened are "really good". If you were being honest I'd expect you to say "the chances are low, but I'm sorry - in my case at least this was a coincidence".

The chances of what happened actually happening (with both you and Sotty as innocents) is low - I'd like to see why you don't think this is the case.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:12 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

For crying out loud. Click on my name, and click "recent posts", and look at the times.

I posted here at 11:20 PM, Thursday (8:20 PM for me).

You posted here (effectively "opening" the thread) at 4:16 PM, Thursday (1:16 PM for me).

All of my game posts before that were (in order of most recent):

- 12:20 PM, Thursday (9:20
AM
for me) in Mini Mormon Town Mafia
- 12:09 PM, Thursday (9:09
AM
for me) in Newbie 166
- 2:40 AM, Thursday (11:40, Wednesday for me) in Mini ScumChat Mafia

Between my times of 9:20 Thursday morning and 8:20 Thursday evening (a difference of eleven hours),
I did not post in a Mafia game

I did, however, post in
non-Mafia games
, as I have already mentioned. This was when I had intermittent internet access during the day, which consisted of about 10 minutes of access. For the record, those times were:

- 7:44 (and 7:43) PM, Thursday (4:44 PM for me) in the Spoil a Wish Game
- 7:37 PM, Thursday (4:37 PM for me) in my chess game against Akonas

When a game comes out of Night (such as this game) I like to do full re-reads before I post my thoughts. All of my other games are
fresh in my mind
since there has not been a night to interrupt them lately, so I only need to
skim
those games, whereas this one merits a full
re-read

Do your homework before you make claims against me next time, Turbovolver.

For the record, I don't really care what the chances of both Sotty7 and myself replying to you are: I had not intended to post in this thread before my re-read (other than a standard "I'm here" post), but I thought your unfounded suspicion of me ought to be addressed before it becomes something larger than it needs to be.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:28 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

petroleumjelly wrote:For crying out loud. Click on my name, and click "recent posts", and look at the times.
That's where I've been getting my info from, yes.
petroleumjelly wrote:You posted here (effectively "opening" the thread) at 4:16 PM, Thursday (1:16 PM for me).
Only I didn't open the thread, the mod did, with the dayscene. And this happened before your posts in other mafia games.
petroleumjelly wrote:When a game comes out of Night (such as this game) I like to do full re-reads before I post my thoughts. All of my other games are
fresh in my mind
since there has not been a night to interrupt them lately, so I only need to
skim
those games, whereas this one merits a full
re-read
If this is true, why didn't you say it initially? I say "why didn't you post here while you were online?" and you say "I wanted to re-read before I posted anything, to get the game fresh in my mind". And that's it - nothing suspicious. Instead you've veered all over the place before finding a legitimate story.
petroleumjelly wrote:For the record, I don't really care what the chances of both Sotty7 and myself replying to you are: I had not intended to post in this thread before my re-read (other than a standard "I'm here" post), but I thought your unfounded suspicion of me ought to be addressed before it becomes something larger than it needs to be.
Again changing your story. If you don't care what the chances are (fair enough by itself), how are you justified in claiming the chances are "really good" in your other post?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:01 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

:x I've been in some stupid arguments, but this one is about to take the cake.

1.) I don't care when the Mod opened the thread. I don't notice these types of things unless I specifically look for them, and I was not looking for this thread to be open when I woke up Thursday morning thinking about classes. I skimmed the games that I knew were already going, posted in those games, and then got ready and left for school.

2.) I didn't explain my reasons for not posting when a thread is initially opened because I didn't even
think it was necessary
. This argument is stupid, and I do not need a justification for when and why I choose to post: I posted in this game when I did because that was the first time a realized this game was open. End of story.

3.) I have not "changed my story" in the least. Since the thread practically
JUST OPENED
, I find the chances that two people will post within hours of that opening
very good
: when I posted, that was the first time I had realized the thread had been open, and the same seems to go for Sotty7. But since I personally
DO NOT CARE
one way or the other as to the chances of such happening, once again, I did not find it necessary to mention this a second time.

I will politely ask you to stop this argument once more. Once again, you are wasting your breath on a silly argument that I am positive only you care about. I am tired and I am not amused that I have keep responding to you on this subject.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:26 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

petroleumjelly wrote:I will politely ask you to stop this argument once more. Once again, you are wasting your breath on a silly argument that I am positive only you care about. I am tired and I am not amused that I have keep responding to you on this subject.
I can still see factual inconsistencies, but I will honour this request unless someone else asks me to point them out. Also there is no "once more", this is the first time I've heard "stop this" explicitly from you.

I feel this exchange has been important - namely the way you've wriggled around and responded quite defensively - and I want people to look back here if I die.

This argument has all been in-game, and I'd be up for a friendly game of chess out of thread.. I mean no ill-will and want to demonstrate this.

...even though you're one of the ones who kills at night.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:35 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

PetroleumJelly wrote:Do your homework before you make claims against me next time, Turbovolver.

For the record, I don't really care what the chances of both Sotty7 and myself replying to you are: I had not intended to post in this thread before my re-read (other than a standard "I'm here" post), but I thought your unfounded suspicion of me ought to be addressed before it becomes something larger than it needs to be.
Implicitly I was telling you here to stop making your argument because I knew it would not go anywhere.

As for ill-will, I understand that this is a Mafia game, so I do not take your attack on me too personally (if I were to say I didn't take it personally at all would be a lie, I seem to have a habit of becoming emotionally attached to games). Chess is not necessary to prove that, although I will of course be up for chess regardless (although I would ask that you allow Akonas and I to finish our current game before commencing a new one).
Turbovolver wrote:...even though you're one of the ones who kills at night.
You are supposed to add a " :wink: " when you say things like that.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:38 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

It wasn't really a joke though... you're up there on my suspicions - it's not a cop claim or anything though, if that's what you mean.

And yeah, when you're done with Akonas I'll fight you :twisted:
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:15 am

Post by cropcircles »

OH FOR THE LOVE OF....
Vote Turbo

Again with the insane arguements about little meaningless things. Good God, just die. I don't care if your scum, you're ruining this game.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:37 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

Vote: Turbo

Yesterday you attacked stewie among other people for a variety of little meaningless things. The thread has only been open two days. People are not neccesarily going to post the second the thread the second that it has opened. I'm not even going to bother to defend myself against this. It seems like your more interested in finding insignificant reasons to attack people than in finding mafia. After all, why would the mafia gain more than anyone else by waiting to post. YOur logic sucks.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”