Mini 275: Subject Mafia - It's all over!

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:12 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

As soon as we can kick Quailman and Sineish into shape or get them replaced, my vote will go on Turbovolver.

And before I forget: Yup, Cropcircles' claim was much better hidden than mine. Now he gets bragging rights.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:24 am

Post by cropcircles »

Actually, the claim idea was all Jimmy's. Either way, I know it's earlier then it needed to be, but I
do
have my reasons. The number of unconfirmeds is rapidly dropping, and by keeping PJ's inspection in that group...well, he has a damn good chance of hitting scum, and we could even win this off process of elimination.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:31 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

That is true, but it also increases the chances of scum hitting the Doctor tonight, meaning I may only get one investigation as to my possible two. For the record, I wasn't even planning on investigating you tonight! :D

Which is exactly why we need to
make sure
Sineish and Quailman are active: one of them may be the Doctor, and we need to make sure they send in protection tonight, on either myself or RotN.

I understand your reasons, though, so at least your claim had some tactical reasoning behind it. :D Although this is further proof that
Turbo must die
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:33 am

Post by Kenji »

I'll PM the inactive people... if they do not respond well I'll be forced to replace.

EDIT: I have PM-ed Sineish and Quailman...
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:14 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Sotty7 wrote:Now we have YET ANOTHER ROLE CLAIM we can put on Turbo's shoulders. How is this helping the town? :evil:
this is not helpful
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:45 am

Post by Kenji »

I'm giving some advance warning here, from the 4th of March I will be Eqypt learning to scuba dive so I wont be able post on here until at least the 13th of March, sorry for any problems this might cause.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:45 am

Post by pablito »

Vote: Turbovolver

I sense no discussion will occur.
Sup, later.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:32 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

You are so dead pablito
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:46 am

Post by Kenji »

Turbovolver - 5 (RangeroftheNorth, stewie, pablito, cropcircles, Sotty7 )
Quailman - 1 (Don Gaetano)

Not voting:
petroleumjelly, Turbovolver, Quailman, Sineish

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:39 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Let's get this show on the road, get the next day started before Kenji leaves for Egypt.

Unvote
Vote: Turbovolver

Have fun everyone!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:55 pm

Post by Stewie »

petroleumjelly wrote: People: please stop claiming! ><
Exept scum. Scum can claim if they want to. :wink:
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:31 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Stewie wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote: People: please stop claiming! ><
Exept scum. Scum can claim if they want to. :wink:
Go on, then :wink:

It's funny the way you suddenly become way more active when the town's choices are obvious.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oh, hush you. If you have truly been using your scumdar this game, it is completely broken.

And *sigh* for ending the day before knowing whether or not we have replacements for Sineish and Quailman. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the butt.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

petroleumjelly wrote:Oh, hush you. If you have truly been using your scumdar this game, it is completely broken.
cropcircles launhed several unjustified attacks against me, and when I asked him to clarify instead just said "no I won't, why don't you just claim".
Am I the only one who found that scummy? No. Since then he has contributed very little to the game, but it seems short posts are his style (judging from another game).

You demonstrated a connection with a player I found scummy. I believe you tried to tell me there was no connection. Then you write up a huge analysis which is not at all objective.
Turns out there was a connection (innocent result) and the analysis wasn't objective because of your guilty result. So I was right, but drew the wrong conclusion... a perfectly natrual townie thing to do.

Stewie we don't know about yet.
And I am not the only one to express concern.

Sotty7 we don't know about yet, but I myself am a bit unsure with her at this stage... I've liked her recent posting.
I think I am the only one to express suspicion here, so if she's innocent you might have a sliver of a point, PJ

Compare that to your own record, PJ. You might have been right about pablito, we'll see, but your other big suspicions we haven't both been suspicious of are snowmonkey and Jimmy the Rez.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

A couple quick points, then:

1.) Turbo, you are the
Serial Killer
. You have a hidden agenda in that you want everybody dead. Who you "suspect" does not carry as much weight as others' opinions.

2.) Cropcircles' attack on you, being a partner of Jimmy, was justified: he knew not to attack Jimmy, so he was at least making an informed choice of attacking by going after you. Although he did ask you to claim prematurely, Masons get
leeway
for otherwise "scummy" actions
precisely
because they are Masons and can be verified by their partners.

3.) My "connection" with Stewie was that I had an innocent investigation on him.
Yes
I had a connection, but I would have gained
nothing
on Day One to have explained that connection. Just because two people are connected doesn't mean they're both scum. It usually means they are Masons, Scum, a Scum ingratiating a townie, or a Cop who investigated and received an innocent result. Even
if
I had not investigated Stewie, however, I still did not agree with many of the arguments you were trying to make.

4.) My suspicions on Jimmy the Rez were because of one comment: after he explained himself, my suspicions of him dropped. I never had him written down in my list as "scum", although I believe he made a misstep in the comment I attacked him for.

5.) My suspicions on Snowmonkey were
completely
justified: he was playing the part of a detrimental townie. Enough people agreed that he was promptly lynched. A lynch on a complete townie is not a waste, either: we can now go back and look at voting patterns to see who was pushing what agenda. I will probably do a detailed voting summary on Day 3, if I am still alive, especially if I get another guilty result tonight.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:48 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Thanks for ruining the post I was about to make, PJ :(

Let's not pull any punches :)
petroleumjelly wrote:1.) Turbo, you are the Serial Killer. You have a hidden agenda in that you want everybody dead. Who you "suspect" does not carry as much weight as others' opinions.
How do you know I'm not mafia, like others have suggested as a possibility? :twisted:
petroleumjelly wrote:2.) Cropcircles' attack on you, being a partner of Jimmy, was justified: he knew not to attack Jimmy, so he was at least making an informed choice of attacking by going after you. Although he did ask you to claim prematurely, Masons get leeway for otherwise "scummy" actions precisely because they are Masons and can be verified by their partners.
He was in the second group of people you found suspicious (after snowmonkey/Quailman). We've both found him suspicious.

And we didn't
know
he was a mason back then... that's the whole point. :roll:
petroleumjelly wrote:3.) My "connection" with Stewie was that I had an innocent investigation on him. Yes I had a connection, but I would have gained nothing on Day One to have explained that connection. Just because two people are connected doesn't mean they're both scum. It usually means they are Masons, Scum, a Scum ingratiating a townie, or a Cop who investigated and received an innocent result. Even if I had not investigated Stewie, however, I still did not agree with many of the arguments you were trying to make.
Yep, that was the connection. But I found Stewie scummy, so the first conclusion that jumped to my uninformed mind is that you were scum together. That's what townies (and SKs :P) do.
petroleumjelly wrote:4.) My suspicions on Jimmy the Rez were because of one comment: after he explained himself, my suspicions of him dropped. I never had him written down in my list as "scum", although I believe he made a misstep in the comment I attacked him for.
But he's a mason, he's allowed to! :P
Now do you see how shallow your point 2) is?
petroleumjelly wrote:5.) My suspicions on Snowmonkey were completely justified: he was playing the part of a detrimental townie. Enough people agreed that he was promptly lynched. A lynch on a complete townie is not a waste, either: we can now go back and look at voting patterns to see who was pushing what agenda. I will probably do a detailed voting summary on Day 3, if I am still alive, especially if I get another guilty result tonight.
There's no sense in arguing this point.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

EBWOP: Actually, the second group PJ was suspicious of was the 65% group... cropcircles was at 60%.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:38 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Also I can see how this could turn into a "how big is your Mafia dick" measuring contest, so I'm not going to reply to anything more on this issue.

But I wanted to defend myself after PJ called my scumdar broken, or crappy, or whatever it was :(
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:10 am

Post by Kenji »

As of yet I have not had any replies from Quailman or Sineish... :(

I will try and get them replaced.

We have a lynch!

Turbovolver - 6 (RangeroftheNorth, stewie, pablito, cropcircles, Sotty7, Turbovolver )
Quailman - 1 (Don Gaetano)

Not voting:
petroleumjelly, Quailman, Sineish

After much debating the attention finally closes on Turbovolver, he claims he is Art and that he's here to get rid of the scum... which is true in a sense... but he also wants to get rid of the town as well! :shock:
Art, you are the only one here with any artistic flair... you are the only one who knows how painful it can be to produce a peice of art, only you know just how much work is involved in putting paint to paper, oh but soon they'll all know... soon they will know! Each night you may pm me the name of a player you would like to "educate", alternativly if you choose not to "educate" someone you will be untargetable that night, in the interest of having speedy nights I need you to pm me with whichever option you would like to do, if I do not get a pm from you I will assume you are choosing to be untargetable.

(Mod note: "educate" = kill :twisted: )

It is now night 2, please get all night choices in soon, you have till Wednesday @ 7pm GMT to get them in, if I get them all before that then we will start early. [This should also make it easier for people to replace...]
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:24 am

Post by Kenji »

I realise this game should have re-opened, and it will soon, finding replacements is difficult though, would anyone object if Turbovolver replaced?

You've got till Friday @ 3pm GMT to pm me if you would object, if no one does then Day will start then, I'm afraid you will have to do your own vote counts while I am away, and I am sorry for that.
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:26 pm

Post by Kenji »

Day 3 dawns.... it was long night with a longer day.... everyone feels refreshed this morning... that is except for Stewie.... Stewie is dead! :o

Stewie was...
You are Physical Education, you've got some amazing hand-eye co-ordination, and you can run a mile in four minutes but none of those skills are that useful when playing Mafia, sorry... You win when there are no non-townies left. Please confirm by replying to this pm.
Also you find a note from pablito saying that he wont be able to post for a while.... but wait, it doesn't matter anyone cause you find him dead! :o

pablito was:
History, the study of past events, you are quite the knowledge buff... you know all the dates of every important thing that happened in history, you know the names of every king and queen, but more importantly you know how they died... and you know how their killers got away with it, did I mention you were mafia? You and your mafia buddies, [BLANK] and [BLANK], may freely pm each other during the night, you win when there are no non-mafia left.
You all feel pretty good about yourselves... one scum down!

Also, mcuh to your amazement, Sineish and Quailman seem to have been replaced... Akronas is replacing Quailman and bigAl is replacing Sineish.

8 alive, 5 to lynch!
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:49 am

Post by cropcircles »

I'm leaning toward Don or Scotty right now. Any luck, PJ? (why does this remind me of Miyazaki Mafia?)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:41 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I pity the replacements, having to read though all that. :?

You think it's Don or me because we are the only non-claimed people left over from yesterday? That's pretty weak, cause I know for sure at least one of the inactives is one of our scum. First things first though, lets get PJ's night result and work from there. The good thing about yesterday is all the people that claimed are now pretty much confirmed and it seems PJ is sane. So whatever his result is, it will narrow the net for the remaining scum.
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:04 am

Post by cropcircles »

@Scotty: No, it's more of a vibe. It's not an actual case, I'm more just thinking out loud. Probably shouldn't have, as it's bad play, but...meh.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:12 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

All right, I got an innocent result today: I won't say on who just yet (since the scum are obviously angling towards getting rid of our confirmed innocents while trying to hit the Doc). I would like to hear from our replacements first off, of course.

Looks like Akonas is replacing Quailman, and bigAl is replacing Sineish. Sorry you two have to read all of this.

First thoughts: I doubt the two remaining scum are Quailman and Sineish.

Since Cropcircles is Mason, RangeroftheNorth is Vigilante, and I am Cop, that means I think we have one scum approximately in each of these two pairs:

-Don Gaetano / Sotty7
-Quailman / Sineish

Alternatively, Don Gaetano
and
Sotty7 may also be scum, so I won't be ruling out that possibility just yet.

For the record, Kenji, there are seven players alive and it is four to lynch, not 8 and 5! :D

And we're still likely dealing with a GF (even though Turbo was untargetable when he didn't kill), so I am loathe to trust my results last night 100%, which is why I would rather have discussion before revealing my results (since I am clearly leaning towards one person being scum, as I got an innocent result from one of the two lists).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”