Flame Warriors U-Pick; Troll wins it for his team!

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Benmage »

Yeah, forget everything I said about Hopp.

Look at content regarding EC.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 33, Duplicity wrote:Just about to head out to a poker tournament but should be back later today. Setup wise I'm leaning towards this likely being a 4 scum and one third party setup with heavy amounts of power roles. Reasoning behind why can be explained if needed but most of it is Slaxx-hosting-meta-related. Right now I have a few weak town reads but no real scum reads and I want to have a discussion with Gorilla before I consider outting those. I think I know who Mystery Head is and believe they're town so the voting on them should stop, similarly the Shadow Dancer case is incredibly weak and although I love the initiative of trying to push out of RVS piling votes on him isn't the right way of doing it.

The U-Pick claiming is sub-optimal, the choices that people made are not related to their alignment at all since they were picked previously meaning reasoning behind the choices or the choices themselves will garner us no real information. Sure it may lock scum into a selection of four potential roles but at the same time as seen in Any Band mafia will just be claiming their own abilities as town abilities and thus discussion on whether we should claim now needs to cease.

Also can the quote walls stop pretty please.

Regfan, you say that you know how the battery works, your question to end the quote walls implies that you either don't want to have to read through useless information that you have already read, or the size/length of a post does not affect the battery. Can you clarify? I am a bit ambivalent about knowing as scum could artificially fuck with the battery, but just letting you know. :c Also, people, this is a prime example of Duplicity actually scumhunting. I don't see the reason why in the middle of the day the flavor was "Duplicity is scum!! lol!!". He has actively been calling for set up speculation to end, the lurkers to post, and people to answer questions. Duplicity is not scum.

In post 47, dramonic wrote:Geez, I WONDER whatn Gaoth's role is :roll:

At first I thought you were talking about something else, but after rereading I understand what you mean. And it is obvious lol. Sucks he has such a blatant PR.

In post 59, Robocopter87 wrote:Robo is here. Meaning scum are obviously screwed.

VOTE: Scumhunter

You tricky son of a gun. You thought by naming yourself the finder of scum that people would believe you to be town.

I didn't buy it.

Why aren't you voting more often since scum are obviously screwed with your presence? Oh wait they are because you are obvious scum. I get it.

In post 63, Sir Bastion wrote:
In post 60, Scumhunter wrote:Trolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll tiiiiiime.

I'd just like to take a moment to thank slaxx for giving me such an amazing role. It's a shame to waste such a role on a game with this terrible of a player base though. Seriously this game is like the retard room at a special ed convention.

Its a game about the internet...

yes I think it being like the retard room at a special ed convention is showing an amazing level of accuracy by the player base.

meanwhile the wagon on shadowdancer may end because quite frankly (and in comparison to another game I am currently in quite positive) he performed the correct intelligent response to such a wagon.

Ignore it.

There was hardly a case on him of any worth and while I'd hoped pressure might have made him make a mistake. He didnt. Good for him.

+1 smarty points

Doesnt make him town though.

unvote

I could join the Primate wagon but that'll be a tad hypocritical so I'd like to ask Gaoth why he FOS Dramonic but quoted duplicity? I am having trouble seeing how the two are linked looking at them in ISO?

What the fuck does this mean? I agree that Shadow is town, but the reasons you have given are very bad for it. I have my own special little tell for Shadow as scum, but it is dependent on a few things so we will have to wait and see.

A common theme when I quote Bastion is that his posts are forced and do not seem genuine (largely going to be my basis for calling him scum). This is a prime example of that forcedness.

In post 86, Sir Bastion wrote:
In post 83, Shadow Dancer wrote:@Bastion #73:This suggests that you considered Primate's actions town and were defending him - the post did not read like a defense at all.
But if this is so, what do you think about Jester and Cookie then?

Nothing wrong with Killerjester. It was his post that had me mention my position on Primate's wagon because he had made it clear that on actual content there was nothing different between me and primate, and its just down to whatever mysterious force that guides him that Primates post read more scummy then mine.

Aside from that he answered my question about vi's batter life and he is sensible in not trying to teamhunt on day 1 (a bad idea in my opinion) So I have no issue with him and in fact get a town vibe of him.

Cookie is a bit of a strange one because well...

look at his posts:

Vote: Tragedy
i
d
k

Ok its RVS makes sense to mess around

Translates to:
"SOMETHING ABOUT HIM IS SCUMMY I DONT KNOW WHAT BUT IM GOING TO VOTE HIM BUT I THINK I KNOW HERE LET ME EXPLAIN BUT WAIT ITS PRETTY MINOR."

Unvote
Vote: Primate

I already mentioned this one as a strange one cause it is similar to

"I TOTALLY HAVEN'T BEEN TALKING IN MY PRE-GAME SCUM QT - LOOK, I HARDLY KNOW ANYBODY HERE! IF I HAD A SCUM QT I WOULD KNOW MORE PEOPLE!"

And yes I guess its just similar in tone, but I found it weird because when its taken in context of his other posts:

your dumb

What is going on? Why are people flaming each other?
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY FUCK.

It's not similar at all in it's message, just the mocking style.

(anditsgoodbecauseImadeit)

It reads almost like dare I say it trolling and a bit forced when compared to his posting style in other games just look at the iso of this game: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... lect=12130

But I've never played cookie before so I might have randomly picked a game where he posted in a different tone.

It was a good post from EtherealCookie because he pointed out something very scummy that might have gone unnoticed otherwise.

Oh? Ok if thats all thats needed for a good post.

You and Primate are very different.

Your post was "well there's no better place for my vote"-attitude.

Primate was all over the place with his "well this might be scummy but it might not be don't know why but it could be because of perhaps that but then again not but yeah because I can but might just be me actually it doesn't matter hey I don't think it even exists but still I may as well".

clearly I have much to learn on the reading of posts, as I took the *Mise well* being the same tone as my *Since its the only partial lead to go on in the mean time*

hence I dont find his post nearly as scummy as most other people.

Well everybody (+2) have posted including sleepykrew out of his hydra??? which kind of threw me a bit.

I'm still mostly waiting on Gaoth's answer to my earlier question:
why he FOS Dramonic but quoted duplicity? I am having trouble seeing how the two are linked looking at them in ISO?

Again another post that seems extremely forced and fake in my opinion. He is using posting style and meta from another game as his basis for saying that Ethereal is odd when this game is full of odd players and weird post restrictions. I don't like Bastion's posts at all.

In post 89, Duplicity wrote:The post restriction conversation and focus needs to be dialed down because right now it's overpowering any real scumhunting discussion though with that said I'm fairly sure I know who is what personality right now but see no real advantage in announcing them publicly and request that anyone else who has also worked them out does the same. Also for the love of god the quote walling needs to stop.

I have relatively strong town-reads on Hoppster, ShadowDancer and Killerjester and weaker town-reads on Tragedy, Oversoul and CATFISH right now though I know that Gorilla disagrees with my SD town-read. I'm not liking Gaoth and Scumhunters earlier posts but I know they both have a tendency to struggle in the RVS period of the game regardless of his alignment so I'm happy to give them some time to settle in.

Sir Bastions posts reads like he's trying to foist suspicion onto Etherealcookie but it's weak as hell and he uses weasel words without calling him outright scummy. It looks like he is testing the waters to see if anyone is willing to vote him without actually sticking his neck out and making an attack. Furthermore his fencesitting and unvote on ShadowDancer while stating that he's not town looks like scum leaving options open later.

Vote: Sir Bastion

@Gaoth
- What in particular did you find scummy about my previous post and why didn't you change your vote to me because of it?

Any reason that the G in Gaoth here is different?

Yet another post for why Duplicity is town by stifling the amount of babble and useless discussion (although I freely admit I do participate in babble :p) about the Post Restriction (not just because I agree with the vote). Giving out town reads is just as beneficial as giving out scum reads and I really do not understand the "Duplicity isn't scumhunting".

In post 90, Sir Bastion wrote:
Sir Bastions posts reads like he's trying to foist suspicion onto Etherealcookie but it's weak as hell and he uses weasel words without calling him outright scummy. It looks like he is testing the waters to see if anyone is willing to vote him without actually sticking his neck out and making an attack

Quick question. Where does Etherealcookie sit on your reads? He's absent from your post.

Do you feel he is town and thus above simple questioning and scrutiny?

My comments on primate got a good going over by shadowdancer I should expect to be allowed the question the posting style of other players.

I asked questions, I gave thoughts as a response to shadowdancer and Last I checked I made my vote against Hoppster and now am waiting on his next set of responses. I think that coupled with the primate discussion is enough neck for any poster this early in the day.

Furthermore his fencesitting and unvote on ShadowDancer while stating that he's not town looks like scum leaving options open later.

Fencesitting, no again I have made a vote since I unvoted and I explained my unvote. I didnt outright state he was town because at the moment I have a null read on him, he's clearly a calm collected player hence I removed my vote which was there to generate a response. I dont need to believe he is town to remove my vote, just null. I think its suspect to swing from scum to town based on one post.

You misinterpret the way Duplicity used fencesitting in that post (or maybe I am). He wasn't talking about fencesitting in general, rather, he was talking about your fencesitting towards Shadow where you stated he answered nicely to the pressure and gave townie tells, but his response doesn't make him town... It is just odd and weirdly phrased.

Your sentence "Do you feel he is above scrutiny and simple questioning" looks completely out of place and doesn't sit well with me. Gah. i don't like your posting style. ._.

In post 93, Duplicity wrote:Ethernalcookie is null right now, if he were a town-read of ours we'd have stated so. You're not questioning Ethernal, if you were that would be understandable but you're stating actions he's done and how you find them suspicious in a manner where you're appealing to other people to vote him rather than voting him, that's not reaction testing him that's bandwagon fishing.

@ CATFISH -
Although some posting restrictions are able to be worked out claiming them is idiotic because claiming posting restrictions is essentially claiming the U-Pick you were given which also means letting mafia know what role possibilities you have. Also SD and Tragedy are both town.

Good explanation as to why further PR discussion is bad as well as a solid explanation of Bastion's weird play.

In post 127, dramonic wrote:Catfish is so WIFOM <_<
unvote
vote: Duplicity

I like this.

Why are you being so useless? If you don't like your role like Tragedy, you can at least say so and still participate, but you are very happy making these very unuseful posts and I am starting to agree with the Dramonic-scum feelings.

In post 141, Shadow Dancer wrote:Tragedy looks reasonably town now... But CAT's contribution leave much to wish for at the moment.

unvote. vote CAT

If you weren't town this would be so incredibly opportunistic. :\ Also, why the hypocrisy when you want people to stop quote walling and then you go and spam multiple short posts? >_>

In post 199, Duplicity wrote:
@ SleepyKrew -
Shadows vote landing on you doesn't change the fact that he's scumhunted at all. Also if the question directed towards Goath is why does he suspect you for mentioning GB multiple times I don't think you're going to get any answer because again the question really doesn't lead anywhere. Hurry Amrum up, make this her utmost priority and if I were to tell you that Tragedy, ShadowDancer and Gaoth were all town right now who would you vote?

Sir Bastion.

In post 252, Scumhunter wrote:
unvote, vote Duplicity

^King Tommen's Justice

Useless. Post Restriction of trolling doesn't mean you have to play against your wincon. Unless of course, your wincon isn't aligned with town.

In post 254, CATFISH wrote:Five Reasons Why Duplicity Needs Instant Death
by SleepyKrew

REASON ONE:
Duplicity is not scumhunting. He is sitting there and saying "these ppl r b town no tuchin dem!!!". There is no protown motivation for this kind of behavior. His closest semblance to scumhunting is saying "these ppl r not b untuchable ima sit onna fence YEEHA".

REASON TWO:
His townread on SD is utter bullshit. He says it's because of SD's scumhunting. SD is voting us, and we're one of Dup's untuchables. Plus, SD doesn't even have a good reason to be on us. Fakeread is fake. 

REASON THREE:
He's trying so hard to derail the SD wagon. He tried so hard to get us off Tragedy. But he just shrugs his shoulders at the votes on us. Inconsistency. 

REASON FOUR:
He was probably THE most vocal person clamoring for Amrun. Why? Why do you want more activity from an already active slot instead of from lurkers? Why don't you get gorilla to post, because I'm pretty sure he hasn't posted ONCE yet. 

REASON FIVE:
Let's get this part out of the way first- he put words in SD's mouth. 
But it gets worse. He claims he knows how the battery operates, and that it's by postcount. He uses SD's multipost as an excuse to derail that wagon. But not the votes on us, even though we also multipost. More inconsistency. 
And that's not all. Order now and we'll double the inconsistency! So Mister Duplicity, the battery operates on postcount you say? This needs it's own mini-list:
1. Why not share this earlier?
2. How do you know this?
3. If you're so worried about getting deadlined, why don't you just spam it up?
4. If multiposting is protown, how come you don't do it?

CONCLUSION:
Duplicity is scum.   

No... He is scumhunting. do you not remember his town and scum list where he listed Bastion and Primate as strong and weak scumtells respectively? Of course Duplicity is more occupied with townhunting (which isn't a bad idea), another head bringing this up doesn't really sit well with me. I am willing to trust Duplicity, but that is sketchy.

SD is a minor townread for a few people so it isn't completely out of line with what Duplicity has said earlier.

3 I really have no comment on, I'll let Duplicity explain.

He hasn't only been calling for Amrun to play, he has been calling for all of the inactives to play. He wants Amrun to play probably to look for a certain tell she exhibits or something. I don't think calling for Amrun is a scumtell.

I normally would want battery questions answered, but I ask that Duplicity think about the information he is giving everyone as it could potentially allow the scum to drain the battery intentionally.

In post 272, Tragedy wrote:
In post 252, Scumhunter wrote:
unvote, vote Duplicity

^King Tommen's Justice

Hehehehahahaha.
What's your
lame
thoughts?
Lameface Role is Lameface.

Obvious PR and role is obvious. Sorry, Tragedy. :|

In post 279, Tragedy wrote:
In post 257, Duplicity wrote:
REASON FOUR:
He was probably THE most vocal person clamoring for Amrun. Why? Why do you want more activity from an already active slot instead of from lurkers? Why don't you get gorilla to post, because I'm pretty sure he hasn't posted ONCE yet.
Because Amrun is more competent than you. This game is lacking real anaylsis and Amrun posting or at least reading the thread would assist in that. Further than that, though, what scum motive is there in pushing Amrun to post?

Also, I've been discussing with him behind the scenes, I generally don't post as much as him, but we've worked on posts collaboratively.

So basically, you're saying that we should WAIT for Amrun so the game would move more?
REALLY?

That is a misrepresentation. He did not say we should hold off on voting, he said that Amrun should try to make this (failing) game a priority so it stops failing in his opinion.

In post 302, Duplicity wrote:The current pet theory of mine is that SB is scum distancing from EC. Will elaborate later.

Regfan reads Benmage as town, don't have the reasoning right now but he wanted me to post that.

- G.

Did you ever elaborate on this? I find Ethereal town and he probably will be, but I am interested in the Bastion part of this.

In post 307, EtherealCookie wrote:
Ethereal, are you a double voter? actually?

Not AFAIK.
@Cookiepost 146 Why didn't you say anything when Dramonic did the same?

Shadow's vote followed another person's vote on the same person. That was what caught my attention. He doesn't bother to defend himself. Dramonic is also extremely sketchy, especially for a guy carrying two awards. Definite scum vibes from him.
BenMage, ironically, seems like our VI. That's also odd for someone who's best performance town.

@OverSoul
You don't have a vote on anyone and you haven't voiced any suspicion for a bit. Who do you think is scum?

Ya. I don't know. I am on an activity wave at the moment. Some days I feel really good about mafia and other days I am totally unhappy with it. A lot of stuff is going on in my life and it is directly influencing my commitment to my games as sad as that sounds. I will say that I find Sir Bastion scummy, Scumhunter scummy, Dramonic scummy, and Benmage scummy.

In post 308, Scumhunter wrote:
unvote, vote dramonic

I can get behind a dram lynch.

I thought this was scum using a lurker as a reason to vote someone, but I have to say I actually agree that Dramonic is likely scum. >_>

In post 316, Sir Bastion wrote:
unvote

I dont think Hoppster is scum anymore.

I admit I am sort of bystanding waiting to see how the main conflicts (catfish/duplicity, scumhunter/dramonic etc etc) develop. I had a notion but i'm in 3 games and I am currently pushing a case in another one if I start doing both parallel I'll end up getting tabs mixed like I did earlier in this game. So if the other case stalls tomorrow I might switch over to this one.

Cautiousness. That is the reason why I don't like Bastion. I knew there was a post in here that explained it. He is nervous about posting his thoughts because he is waiting for other things to develop to then use as his own reasoning, he is nervous about getting his games confused which is really only a minor thing, and he is waiting for a case to stall in order to be active in this game. What the heck dude? >_>

In post 357, dramonic wrote:
In post 346, Hoppster wrote:Town-read on Farside.

Leaning-town on both benmage and Scumhunter.

You should all stop bickering and vote Dramonic.

/definitelynotaproddoge

Aren't you looking for an easy wagon <3

Says you... :roll: With the revelation that there are likely 3rd parties, and Dram's play I think he is third party.

In post 375, Sir Bastion wrote:Hmm I'm surprised you are making people so aware of the battery if you let it drain out draconic is going to get lynched unless he convinces people to move wagon.

This is going to get you what you want right? Either he contributes enough to save himself or he's dancing a foot off the ground

Making people aware of the battery is good. If others cannot move themselves to make a stance and commit to actual reads, that isn't his fault. If you are that worried about Dramonic, why don't you compel him? Although, I think getting lynched is what Dramonic wants at this point.

In post 387, Benmage wrote:
In post 385, Gaoth wrote:Sorry. In fairness, I should have gone back to the original post. But here it is! Bolded are my summarizations.
Benmage wrote:Ive read a couple more pages... still trying to catch-up. Off the top of my head....

Still don't like Hopp...but waiting for a response for more. Liking SirBast less and less the more I read of him. I think Oversoul irked me earlier. Those 3 are my top scumreads right now I suppose.

1.You use the word "like" quite a bit when commenting on plays....as well as irk. These are extremely soft ways of calling something scummy without saying, "you are scum." You either don't find these players scummy, or you just want us to think you do.

EC seems like our VI.

2.Why not call him town then?

Cat uncertain...

3.Seriously...

Duplicity.. back n forth there. I want to say town.

4."back n forth" So, like, over the fence? You want to call him town, but you don't....

Primate reads the most vet. I'll be relooking here when I get caught up.

5. Okay, so? Whats the read? I don't think you have given one yet.

Thats why you are fencesitting in this post. Furthermore, direct your attention to Benmage 342. Where exactly have you "Done this"?

In other news, I saw this post on Reddit that had all the Eeveelutions next to pictures of celebrity females. How cool would it be to name a bunch of Eeveelutions after these people?! For example, a Glaceon named after Ramona from Scott Pilgrim (cause of the blue hair style)!!

1. Except I then go on to say those 3 are my top scum reads.
2. I said he's a VI.. VI, just like newbs as I have said are my weakness. They're unreadable. This would fall under null I suppose. Not town.
3. Lolwut? Call it null.
4. Its an incomplete read. Some things I read gave me town vibes.. some gave me scum vibes. Call it slight town.
5. I've only just recently (today) been fully uptodate with the thread. So no I haven't done much extracurricular work.. and other things of interest have put that on the backburner. (Plus primate needs more content)

And for the last comment just breakdown what I've said.

Scum:
Hopp
Oversoul
SirBast

Null:
EC
Cat
Primate

Slight town:
Duplicity

^^Thats what my statements breakdown to.

Nice to know that in your reread, your scumlist hasn't changed at all. Until someone points out that you said you liked Hopp and then it does change. :roll: Scum. Weak reasoning and weak posts from Benmage. I do not like his play at all.

In post 400, Benmage wrote:Yeah, forget everything I said about Hopp.

Look at content regarding EC.

Scum:
Bastion
Scumhunter
Benmage

Third party:
Dramonic (Jester)

Town:
Duplicity
Shadow Dancer
Gaoth
Tragedy
Ethereal

Likely scum:
Robocopter
Primate
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Duplicity »

I'm swamped and incredibly tired right now but I'll devote time for a re-read on this game tomorrow. Still very much want a Primate lynch at this point though there's a few other lynches I'm happy to settle with Dramonics being one if he doesn't start actually providing some content. Just a few quick things before I sleep though:

@ Farside -
Gaoths paranoia stems from him reading me completely incorrectly when I was mafia in the last game we played and Scumhunters revolves around the fact that we're played hundreds of games of mafia together on an alternate site where for some reason he 'fears' me plus he's a troll.

@ Benmage
- It's not just Faradays last game but your governing on Zdenek goes down as the dumbest movie a townie has even made in forum mafia in my books.

@ Oversoul -
It's a no-jester game as stated by the sign up thread and the rules. I'm agreeing with most of your town-reads except the EC read, ISO him again and you'll find he's been almost content-less throughout this game while criticizing others content levels. Also your Benmage scum read is way off, I've explained why he's town earlier but essentially his attack and retraction of attack on Hoppster as well as his suggesting of policy lynching Scumhunter are both town tells for him.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Duplicity »

Oh and I'll explain whatever I know and understand about the battery tomorrow, far too tired to do so right now.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

um what the fuck just happened?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Oversoul »

wow. I'm such a fail.

Anyway,

I will reread EC and Ben

and that is the second time I have been dead wrong about something cause I didn't read the rules in the first post (lol? :P)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Oversoul »

Slaxx, can you delete 404 please? I didn't realize I was posting from a tab that still had my Q+ posts attached to it. All of those quotes were addressed in my other post and it just looks ugly having those quotes flying around.

Oh the irony, 404. The irony...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 am

Post by farside22 »

@Oversoul: What did you think about Benmage and scumhunters back and forth about each other?

I need to remind myself to recheck Dramo in a previous game to see if he was this bad. I remember the last game I thought he was scummy for lack of comments.

*Notes for later: meta dramo and Gaoth.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 401, Oversoul wrote:
In post 387, Benmage wrote:
In post 385, Gaoth wrote:Sorry. In fairness, I should have gone back to the original post. But here it is! Bolded are my summarizations.
Benmage wrote:Ive read a couple more pages... still trying to catch-up. Off the top of my head....

Still don't like Hopp...but waiting for a response for more. Liking SirBast less and less the more I read of him. I think Oversoul irked me earlier. Those 3 are my top scumreads right now I suppose.

1.You use the word "like" quite a bit when commenting on plays....as well as irk. These are extremely soft ways of calling something scummy without saying, "you are scum." You either don't find these players scummy, or you just want us to think you do.

EC seems like our VI.

2.Why not call him town then?

Cat uncertain...

3.Seriously...

Duplicity.. back n forth there. I want to say town.

4."back n forth" So, like, over the fence? You want to call him town, but you don't....

Primate reads the most vet. I'll be relooking here when I get caught up.

5. Okay, so? Whats the read? I don't think you have given one yet.

Thats why you are fencesitting in this post. Furthermore, direct your attention to Benmage 342. Where exactly have you "Done this"?

In other news, I saw this post on Reddit that had all the Eeveelutions next to pictures of celebrity females. How cool would it be to name a bunch of Eeveelutions after these people?! For example, a Glaceon named after Ramona from Scott Pilgrim (cause of the blue hair style)!!

1. Except I then go on to say those 3 are my top scum reads.
2. I said he's a VI.. VI, just like newbs as I have said are my weakness. They're unreadable. This would fall under null I suppose. Not town.
3. Lolwut? Call it null.
4. Its an incomplete read. Some things I read gave me town vibes.. some gave me scum vibes. Call it slight town.
5. I've only just recently (today) been fully uptodate with the thread. So no I haven't done much extracurricular work.. and other things of interest have put that on the backburner. (Plus primate needs more content)

And for the last comment just breakdown what I've said.

Scum:
Hopp
Oversoul
SirBast

Null:
EC
Cat
Primate

Slight town:
Duplicity

^^Thats what my statements breakdown to.

Nice to know that in your reread, your scumlist hasn't changed at all. Until someone points out that you said you liked Hopp and then it does change. :roll: Scum. Weak reasoning and weak posts from Benmage. I do not like his play at all.

Oversoul.... you're reading it completely out of context. That breadkdown was simply rephrasing/re-explaining that old posts reads. Not where my current reads are. Obviously I wouldn't include Hopp in scum, and clearly my scum list would've included EC who I'm pushing strongest. I thought I clear in that.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 402, Duplicity wrote:

@ Benmage
- It's not just Faradays last game but your governing on Zdenek goes down as the dumbest movie a townie has even made in forum mafia in my books.

While clearly not the best move. And I do regret it. I think people blow it wayyy out of proportion. If you look at it, it had no affect on the way the game played out. We would've been in the same screwed position the next day. I chose todo it, because I knew something wasn't adding up... I couldn't piece it together tho. Had the two factions cross killed that night, I would've been hailed as a genius. Sometimes you go for it on 4 and 1 and make it... and sometimes you don't.

The Saints onside kick after halftime to win the superbowel is hailed as one of the most gutsy amazing plays ever. If it fails, it probably goes down in history as the worst call ever.

C'est la vie
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

That is probably why Duplicity told me to reread you. >_> fml lol
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh and I've reread Primate. I'd be willing to switch to him before dramonic... I think I will also do some dram research.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

What the fuck does this mean? I agree that Shadow is town, but the reasons you have given are very bad for it. I have my own special little tell for Shadow as scum, but it is dependent on a few things so we will have to wait and see.

It means that the wagon has finished and those were my observations from it.

Thats nice you have a tell...

A common theme when I quote Bastion is that his posts are forced and do not seem genuine (largely going to be my basis for calling him scum). This is a prime example of that forcedness.

A common theme is that you've never played with me nor even thought to compare my posting style here with my other games. A quick scan of my QT from a game where I am a confirmed town will show you that my posting style is consistent, it does at times go to meta at times and thens to be a tad too expository.

Again another post that seems extremely forced and fake in my opinion. He is using posting style and meta from another game as his basis for saying that Ethereal is odd when this game is full of odd players and weird post restrictions. I don't like Bastion's posts at all.

same answer as above. Why the unnecessary quote to say the same as thing again?

You misinterpret the way Duplicity used fencesitting in that post (or maybe I am). He wasn't talking about fencesitting in general, rather, he was talking about your fencesitting towards Shadow where you stated he answered nicely to the pressure and gave townie tells, but his response doesn't make him town... It is just odd and weirdly phrased.

duplicity said 2 things, I fencesit and I gave a suspect reason to unvote SD. I gave 2 answers, I hadnt fencesitted I had since voted and I explained again my reasoning behind my SD unvote. Thats how I read duplicity's question and you're issue is again the same issue as every other quote. This is a lot of padding to say something that can be done on two lines and hotlinking the posts

Cautiousness. That is the reason why I don't like Bastion. I knew there was a post in here that explained it. He is nervous about posting his thoughts because he is waiting for other things to develop to then use as his own reasoning, he is nervous about getting his games confused which is really only a minor thing, and he is waiting for a case to stall in order to be active in this game. What the heck dude? >_>

considering that I did mix up the tabs of this game and another one already (as I stated in the post) and that you could have just checked my posting to see how serious I was on the whole case in another game issue (then you'd know if its a minor thing or not) I am again frustrated to see that this scumhunting is not developing beyond you pointing out my posts and saying the same thing over and over. And funnily enough cases do stall a lot on here. It happens when the accused simply doesnt post for quite some time, one gets stuck turning wheels waiting for them to return. Case in point quite a number of people who have been accused in this game.

Making people aware of the battery is good. If others cannot move themselves to make a stance and commit to actual reads, that isn't his fault. If you are that worried about Dramonic, why don't you compel him? Although, I think getting lynched is what Dramonic wants at this point.

Yes, but Hoppster has admitted he wasnt aware of the settings and I felt that could be the case in his original post. You would consider it just as important to make it clear in thread for not just hoppster but also Dramonic and others because it might be Hoppster is not the only one who didnt fully read the rules and not aware they could be lynched without reaching l-0.

More importantly I notice you skipped one of my posts. Is this because it goes against your case of me being scum because of my cautioness?
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Benmage »

I did a little lookup of dram... not very impressive. I've only really been in games he's modded. Looking quickly at:
Open 330
: He's much more active an involved in this game. It does have his spam buddies so that might be a reason. Plus the mechanics is nightless, I think the entire game only lasted a week.
Square Enix VI
:... 3rd party?, He dies D1 with 2 posts of 0 content.
BBM's werewolves
Slow start, seems to pick it up some later on..not very impressive. Wins as scum(werewolf) in endgame
NY 117
: Is killed N3. Altogether useless and coaster style is very similar to this.

Not the most indepth search. As I said, I know him mainly from playing in games he's modded and other forum discussion.

Conclusion: Meta doesn't say if his play is alignment telling.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Oversoul,
-You'll just have to give me the benefit of the doubt here that I do take the game seriously and will continue to contribute more and more as the game goes here.
-Why did you say Tragedy's character is "obvious" and more importantly, why are you trying to figure out who is what character?

@Duplicity, Primate needs to contribute more, but from what I understand the main reason you are suspicious of him is his lack of content? I didn't find anything objectionable in the posts he has. What exactly has him pinging your scumdar more than say dramonic who has posted
even less
no content and doesn't seem interested in finding scum at all?
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Tragedy »

In post 415, Scumhunter wrote:-Why did you say Tragedy's character is "obvious" and more importantly, why are you trying to figure out who is what character?

Actually, Oversoul, can you try to stop rolefishing?
Although I have my issues with some things (My Role, especially), I think you should never say "I KNOW WHAT YOUR ROLE/THING IS NOW!" makes me want to think you're scum just rolefushing.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Oversoul »

It's not rolefishing if I
know
, but I will stop to appease you and everyone else. :roll:
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by CATFISH »

REREAD TIME
Looks like a lot of quote walls :(
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by CATFISH »

Silly SKrew, it's a catchup, not a reread.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Seriously, when I see those walls on this page I wanna vomit over my keyboard. What is wrong with you guys?

Definitely not catching up today :(
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Mooore active luuuuuurking!!!
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Shadow, wtf. You said you weren't going to be here because another game started and you are basically MIA in both. Did you get scum in both? Hmmmmm?
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Oversoul wrote:

Eh, are you defending Duplicity or something?

OS wrote:
If you weren't town this would be so incredibly opportunistic. :\ Also, why the hypocrisy when you want people to stop quote walling and then you go and spam multiple short posts? >_>

Eh, hypocrisy is much to be seen. I still need to know why he even thinks I'm town after thinking I'm scum, I guess.

Oversoul wrote:I thought this was scum using a lurker as a reason to vote someone, but I have to say I actually agree that Dramonic is likely scum. >_>

Eh, now that you said about that. I've been trying to somewhat lazily convince people that Dram's scum. But the slowness of the wagon seems to make it look like he's scum, you know.

Oversoul wrote:
Ya. I don't know. I am on an activity wave at the moment. Some days I feel really good about mafia and other days I am totally unhappy with it. A lot of stuff is going on in my life and it is directly influencing my commitment to my games as sad as that sounds. I will say that I find Sir Bastion scummy, Scumhunter scummy, Dramonic scummy, and Benmage scummy.

Feel free to elaborate when you could, Oversoul.

Oversoul wrote:
I will reread EC and Ben

Sir, does Duplicity truly influence you into doing something different in many ways, now?
Just noticing that when he told you to reread Ben as Dup told you he was town in his read, you went up to go rereading him.
Sounds like trying to impress someone, there?
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

*headpalm*
Can you actually imagine that there are people out there who at some days might just not have the time to invest hours into mafia?

That I am passive (
not
active lurking, you should probably ask some one with some experience to define tha term for you) in all of my games should tell you that it very likely has nothing at all to do with my alignment but has in fact to do with my current schedule that just does not allow me to put the work into this game today that would be required to make a meaningful post at this state of the game. It's pretty senseless for me to give my opinion on anything if I haven't even caught up yet. You should easily be able to agree on that.

And you definitely cannot complain about a lack of contribution on my part so far. So your complaining is pretty pointless. I'd suggest you better go after some
real
lurkers if there still are any, eh?
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by CATFISH »

So that catchup went over my head :D
I'm okay with a dram lynch, hopefully Amrun does her readthrough overNight.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: dram

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”