Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 1124, Magua wrote:Seriously, no.

This shit is dumb.

MacDougall isn't scum. Yeah, his hammer yesterday sucked. It sucked hard. It's *too scummy to be scum*. And now this Day opens up and in less than 12 hours he's got six votes on him, putting him at L-1?

No.

This is goddamn opportunistic scum that sees a mislynch. Andrius should *seriously* know better in all sorts of ways. AGar should *seriously* know better in all sorts of ways. Yet neither of them is bothering to think critically about this lynch, they're just full steam ahead.

Andrius, I know from BDM, will do either one of two things: bandwagon a strong wagon (even if it's on his partner), or pick the weakest player he thinks he can get away with to attack. He's doing the latter now. He's literally not voted for anyone but MacDougall. He's going for the weakest of the herd and he's not even bothering to hide it.

VOTE: Andrius

You've never had faith in me. I WAS FUCKING RIGHT IN STORM OF SWORDS. ALL OF YOU WERE BLINDED BY IDIOCY.
You cannot ask me to turn aside from this scumlynch. You cannot deny me this much.
I'm going for the obvscum in the herd.
Why vote someone different just to cast a vote elsewhere?
I will fight the scum no matter where they are.
I will vote them here.
I will vote them there.
I will vote them with green eggs and ham.

What's so scummy about my playstyle? You took the same issue with my SoS play and it took Benmage (lolgovernor) to sway you otherwise. Yet in BDM you thought I was town (lol).
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Andrius »

Well Magua, you've done it.
You got me to second-guess my wagon.
WHAT IF ITS COOKIE AND NERO JUST CHUMMING ALONG WITH ME ONTO MACDADDY.
WHAT IF MAGUA IS ACTUALLY TOWN
WHAT IF ITS VEZOK

WELL GUESS WHAT
NO GUESSWORK
MY READS ARE STRONG
MY DEFENSE IS IMPREGNABLE

We need to just gun with this and accept the consequences if we're wrong.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1125, Andrius wrote:
You've never had faith in me. I WAS FUCKING RIGHT IN STORM OF SWORDS. ALL OF YOU WERE BLINDED BY IDIOCY.
You cannot ask me to turn aside from this scumlynch. You cannot deny me this much.
I'm going for the obvscum in the herd.
Why vote someone different just to cast a vote elsewhere?
I will fight the scum no matter where they are.
I will vote them here.
I will vote them there.
I will vote them with green eggs and ham.

What's so scummy about my playstyle? You took the same issue with my SoS play and it took Benmage (lolgovernor) to sway you otherwise. Yet in BDM you thought I was town (lol).

I swear to fucking Christ if you bring up hasdgfas again I will eat your babies. YES. YOU WERE RIGHT ON HASDGFAS. THE WORLD BOWS BEFORE YOU. THAT ONE FUCKING TIME. How about EVERY OTHER TUNNEL I'VE EVER HAD? Remember "lolMaguaisobvcultrecruiter" in ooba's game? Stopped clock. Twice a day.

The difference is that in ASOIAF when you were tunneling me as cult recruiter (lolboggle) and MagnaofIllusion as mafia, you still went out of your way to feel other people out on what they thought, entertain other possibilities and theories. Here you're all "hurrdurrMacDougallisscumhurr" and that's the end of your content.

And I never had a townread on you in BDM. I had a non-cult read on you that was nearly entirely from having a townread on tanstalas and tanstalas confirming you as non-Recruiter.

PEdit: I hate you. I wish I could hate you to death.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1127, Magua wrote:PEdit: I hate you. I wish I could hate you to death.

*sighs*

Just in case this wasn't clear, that's me trying to be a little facetious. Stolen from:
Spoiler: Penny Arcade

Rereading it, it sounds meaner than I meant. I was just annoyed to see your next post when I previewed my reply.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Andrius »

Magua wrote:I swear to fucking Christ if you bring up hasdgfas again I will eat your babies. YES. YOU WERE RIGHT ON HASDGFAS. THE WORLD BOWS BEFORE YOU. THAT ONE FUCKING TIME. How about EVERY OTHER TUNNEL I'VE EVER HAD? Remember "lolMaguaisobvcultrecruiter" in ooba's game? Stopped clock. Twice a day.

You in ASOIAF and WalkingHappyMeal in SoS are two different things. SirloilSteak was OBVSCUM and you were just a gut read that I tunneled with.

I AM hearing people out.
I did yesterday.
They lynched Soda.
Soda flipped town.
HERP DERP WELL THIS IS GETTING US FAR.
I never took the townleaderhat so no one follows me because I GO "PART THE RED SEA HERE WE GO" its because they agree with me (or are sheepscum, but).
I admit the most likely scum on the McD wagon are the late voters like EC who jumped on later especially after calling the Soda wagon dumb.

Hell let me go relook at that because I might be able to swing that way.

And read that wasn't "DIEANDYDIE" was a good read to me that game.

Magua wrote:PEdit: I hate you. I wish I could hate you to death.

:( I hope not. Because I enjoy playing with you when we're not locking heads like we are now. (Which hasn't really happened before.)
I'm sorry if I did/said something personal to you. :/
I don't know.
I'd like to think we're friends.
Because I stand by my friends and we are undefeatable together.

predit: :(
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Magua »

ANDRIUS Y U NO BE MASONS WITH ME?

Seriously, though. All of the evidence is that MacDougall is town.

I don't like how EtherealCookie reads, but he gets a pass from me for being the first on the Empking wagon, and to be pushing MacDougall-scum before it was mainstream. His position on the StrangerCoug wagon is worse, especially with the guilty report on SC, so that reads as possible bus, but....meh.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Magua »

:sad: => :? => :igmeou: => :neutral: => :] => :) => :D => :lol:
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Andrius »

BECAUSE WRAITH DIDNT GIVE ME MASON
HE DOESNT WANT MY DREAMS TO COME TRUE

You have a point. :/
Though coming from you honestly.. >_____>

I think I need to reread the game. ^^;
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 1132, Andrius wrote:BECAUSE WRAITH DOESNT WANT MY DREAMS TO COME TRUE

Sorry, drunkmod
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1124, Magua wrote:
MacDougall isn't scum. Yeah, his hammer yesterday sucked. It sucked hard. It's *too scummy to be scum*. And now this Day opens up and in less than 12 hours he's got six votes on him, putting him at L-1?

Mac has done far more scummy shit than just that.

In post 1130, Magua wrote:
I don't like how EtherealCookie reads, but he gets a pass from me for being the first on the Empking wagon, and to be pushing MacDougall-scum before it was mainstream. His position on the StrangerCoug wagon is worse, especially with the guilty report on SC, so that reads as possible bus, but....meh.

So couldn't of EC been bussin'?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

You are absolutely ridiculous if you think I am scum after my voting pattern and behavior. That being said, no, I was not on the Soda lynch wagon, it is literally on page 44, are you really that lazy? I stated he is VI multiple times. It was clear as day. I'm pretty stuck at this point. Both Magua and Andrius present good arguments, and I'd imagine at
least
one of them is scum. I'm going to go look over their ISOs, but it's looking like an Andrius lynch or MacDougall lynch at this point, and given how I've felt for the majority of the game, the MacDougall lynch seems much more supportable.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Andrius »

No I'm not lazy, I just never actually got around to looking it up. ^^;
So you're saying Magua's argument, which summarized pretty much says "MacDougall's play is excusable because he's a VI", is both "good" and of equal weight as my case (and AGar's) on MacDougall?
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not a god damned VI, I'm a noob. There is a difference. DON'T CALL ME AN IDIOT DAMMIT!!

*breaks things*
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

\Here’s my issue with Magua. He wasn’t on the SC wagon. At all. He just kinda ignored it. Disappeared. Nothing on it whatsoever. He was definitely on the EmpKing wagon, however, which suggests to me that if there are two factions of mafia, he is on SC’s. However, if there’s only one, I would be way less inclined to peg him as scum. His vote on EmpKing doesn’t read as bussing. He kind of drew attention to it and pulled that wagon forth with SK. He also stated Empking was scum even earlier on before that.

So, the major question is, where the fuck is Magua during this entire SC thing? And then he comes back to vote the most obvious VI when he was adamantly AGAINST voting Vezok because he was an obvious VI? That doesn’t add up at all. I see ties between Magua and Vezok more strongly than I do between Magua and MacDougall.
As for you, the player you replaced was highly inactive, so it’s difficult to get a read. However, I’m worried that you might be misdirecting town and Magua and yourself might just be bussing each other. I believe MacDougall is in fact a bad choice. He is perhaps as bad a choice as SodaSpirit was. However, Magua is not a bad choice. Magua screams out scum much more than MacDougall. If Magua is scum, I would go forth to lynch Vezok. However, MacDougall can certainly wait. There are people worse than him. I get the feeling town is being manipulated into a terrible lynch once more, and this one will lose the game for us.
I’m also amused you’ve accused me of being scum by being a late voter to the McD wagon when I’ve expressed suspicion of him long before the wagon picked up steam. Of course, you don’t seem to be doing your reading that much, so I’m not surprised.
So yeah, town will probably continue sheeping, but I don’t like this MacDougall idea after all. Also:
In post 1104, Andrius wrote:
In post 1096, Magua wrote:
Andrius wrote:

vote Soda

Would it be too much to say they're both scum?
This exchange is bad.

Vote: MacDougall

Unvote

Vote: Magua

If you stick by what you said, you should have no qualms voting Magua himself, right?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

I messed up on that quote. Just click on Andrius' post link.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Andrius »

Yes of course. I think I've made my suspicions of Magua clear since I caught up.
And yes a Magua/SC team is the more likely.
Though.
We have MacDougall.
:/
AGar YOU LEFT AT THE WRONG TIME. :(

I think I need to reread.
I really think I do.
Goddammit.
Its almost 10.
And I'm sleep-deprived. FFF
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I really don't know why you are all so adamantly disregarding the possibility of Agar. It's odd. Whispersilk is dead and you'll notice he had a scum read on Agar. Agar is alive despite tunneling me all game. I (and any scum buddy worth salt) would expect me to be lynched today, so why would I waste another second not killing Agar overnight, and instead kill Otolia or Whispersilk? Whispersilk is one of very few players that has had a town read on me, and Otolia, while having a scum read on me, has been far more approachable on the subject than Agar. If I was scum, Agar would be dead. Wifom, or not.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Andrius »

AGAIN
I NEED TO REREAD
TOO MANY POSSIBILITIES
TOO MUCH SECONDGUESSING

maybe if we lynched someone i could reread over night
eh
or i could just read d1 and d2
that'd be helpful enough. i remember most of D4

ok not like im trying to discredit your point but you're really grasping for ANYTHING, MacD
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Well... I was kind of relying on Soda flipping scum yesterday tbh lol. It was a sort of last ditch effort to get some town cred. Miserable fail I know.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 1143, MacDougall wrote:Well... I was kind of relying on Soda flipping scum yesterday tbh lol.
It was a sort of last ditch effort to get some town cred.
Miserable fail I know.

Does anyone else see that?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Andrius »

HINT: I think its a scumslip.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Pre-Edit: It's not a scum slip when it's coming from a town player who has no town cred. Stop reaching.

So I'm at L-1?

Alrighty then, time for some good old fashioned role play.

For years I've sworn fealty to the true crown. Despite the games played at the expense of it's honour I always felt it necessary for the good of the realm, that the crown remain strong and in control of the people. I've never been one to hide my feelings, whether they amounted to truisms or the most embarrassing of falsehoods and I suppose that has been to my detriment. But my resolve never broke. Wavered? Sure! At times I felt compelled to fall upon my sword but when it came down to it, never did I once kneel! My only regret was that I was too sincere, and my role as a loyal leader of men I played my cards too straight. I do not regret the actions, more the decisions. I hope for a miracle now. That someone, still loyal, sees me for who I am. But a foolish old man.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Andrius »

No but no townie uses "town cred" like they're trying to get it.
Eh.

We really should have played this out all roleplay. lol
Though that would mean I'd have to chew out a couple of people incessantly. :P
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Oh well, if you think that, then prepare to change your thought process.

Lol I was having fun playing it role play at first but then SleepyKrew came in posting like a beat up chav wife so it kind of killed it for me.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

See, that's what I've noticed too, Andrius. No townie does use the word town cred. But why? Because they don't want to look suspicious, of course. Nor does any scum use the word town cred, to be honest. I think it's MacDougall just being kind of incompetent with not screaming out "god damn I'm suspicious." He uses word choices that draw negative attention.

As for roleplaying, the quality would probably be piss poor, and that tends to irk me with me given my elitism upon that matter.
Anyways, go ahead, re-read. I don't know about AgAR, to be honest. I find Magua to be a more compelling case at the current moment. The votes people take can tell you a lot about them, and Magua, a relatively active player, completely ignoring SC? That's a big slip up on his part.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”