Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

Ugh Malee.
@Malee's replacement: I want a list of reads from you ASAP

UNVOTE:
VOTE: funkybike

In post 170, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Anyone else find this off? So you're persuaded by two people that a third is scum but you're content to let your vote ride on a fourth because why, because it's easier?

Can't a girl have more than one scumread?

In post 174, Fishythefish wrote:Malee flaking sucks. I really wanted her explanation, and now instead I just have an unsatisfying suspicion on someone who won't be able to explain anything. Maybe we should just lynch her.

WTF. You're suggesting lynching her before a replacement is found?
FoS
, man.

In post 182, Nachomamma8 wrote:As for Malee wagoners, I'd like to see justification for staying on the wagon.
Do you really feel your case was that strong?

I find it stronger than any of my other scumreads. Her vote/case on you was really off, but Fishy's post above makes me nervous now.

In post 197, Lastsurvivor wrote:General question: What does everyone think of hiplop?

I vaguely remembering thinking him scummy, but I'd have to reread to solidify that read.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Last, correct. I was judging by the vote count where malee had five votes. But at this point I don't really care whether malee or bike gets lynched. Both are pretty scummy.

As for hip, I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. Definitely not obvtown or anything, but not at the top of my scum list either.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

funkybike1 (3) - kortul, Sleepless Assassin, Alicewondering
Malee (3) - fishythefish, Vincent2128, Lastsurvivor
Alicewondering (2) - 4nxi3ty, nachomamma8
rhinox (1) - hiplop
nachomamma8 (1) - Debonair Danny DiPietro
4nxi3ty (1) - rhinox

Not Voting (2) -funkybike1, Malee

With 13 votes in play it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is April 4th, 7PM PST
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 200, Alicewondering wrote:
In post 174, Fishythefish wrote:Malee flaking sucks. I really wanted her explanation, and now instead I just have an unsatisfying suspicion on someone who won't be able to explain anything. Maybe we should just lynch her.

WTF. You're suggesting lynching her before a replacement is found?
FoS
, man.

Only semi-seriously. I'd genuinely be up for lynching her - I think she's very scummy, and that her actions will be totally forgotten once someone replaces her - but I know there's no chance of that actually happening. It's fairly hard to persuade people when part of your argument is that they are about to do something stupid.

In post 201, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Last, correct. I was judging by the vote count where malee had five votes. But at this point I don't really care whether malee or bike gets lynched. Both are pretty scummy.

Some advice: start caring. Even if you think they are much of a muchness, choose one and run with it. If people have this attitude and exactly one of malee and bike is scum, the town one will be the lynch.

@funky: can you please answer my questions in 196?

I think hiplop is pretty likely town. He seems to be trying to catch scum, and his last point - that Nacho is avoiding his meta - is the sort of complicated scheme that town dream up and scum don't fake often.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 am

Post by kortul »

In post 198, funkybike1 wrote:Yes, it was intentional to leave people out. Sleepless Assassin's last post moves him more towards the town end of the scale.
After you removed Nacho from your scum list, it is empty (at least the part that you share with us). Do you have any scum reads that you don't reveal? If yes, what are the reasons? I can't imagine that you find everything on those 9 pages of actions/opinions/interactions as neutral or town.

In post 197, Lastsurvivor wrote:General question: What does everyone think of hiplop?
hiplop behavior is consistent, he feels natural, even in his "heavy gut case" on Rhinox. He is neutral for me.

While going through his ISO today, i noticed that he never commented on Malee or funkybike1.
hiplop
, what are you reads (or just thoughts) on them?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:14 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'll have phone access only this weekend. I'll be reading along, but don't expect much content.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:33 am

Fish, you don't think both can be scum? (Note to self: Theory. If fish is scum, exactly one of malee/bike is ALSO scum).

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

unvote: vote alicewondering

I agree with 4nxi3ty #187. Your explanation is that you can have more than 1 suspect - ok fine, but then why are you switching to funky now? No explanation for the vote or unvote. What made malee less scummy and funky more scummy? malee replacing out?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 200, Alicewondering wrote:
In post 170, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Anyone else find this off? So you're persuaded by two people that a third is scum but you're content to let your vote ride on a fourth because why, because it's easier?

Can't a girl have more than one scumread?

Sure but the post in question reads as if you had a new number one but were letting your vote sit on number two for convenience rather than conviction.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Ah...now Anx and Alice are off the wagon.

Alice, what encouraged you to switch to funky? That's a textbook wagon hop right there.

Also Alice

In post 160, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 148, Alicewondering wrote:He's vouching for her in a way that doesn't exactly feel genuine to me.

Why doesn't it feel genuine?

Plz answer k thanks. Not letting you get away with the "Oh, you know, it just
doesn't feel right
," card.

@SA: Alright, good that you didn't realize. But I recall that the difference between Malee and Funky on your reads list was quite substantial. You said Malee was scum, but your conclusion about Bike was that you were "Really not liking" him. That seems like a big difference to me. Is it not as big as I think it is? And if it is a big difference, you really should hop onto the Malee wagon. There's plenty of room.

If you haven't answered my question yet, please do: What do you think of Hiplop? The answers so far are kinda surprising, but I think I may just be misconstruing things. But yeah, please answer thank you thank you.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:31 am

It's not as big a difference as you think it is.

I answered about hip. No strong opinion.

Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

It seems like it should be, but I'll take your word for it.

And sorry, the question was directed at everyone, not you. I saw that you answered.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 207, Rhinox wrote:
unvote: vote alicewondering

I agree with 4nxi3ty #187. Your explanation is that you can have more than 1 suspect - ok fine, but then why are you switching to funky now? No explanation for the vote or unvote. What made malee less scummy and funky more scummy? malee replacing out?

I don't vote for people replacing out.

In post 208, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Sure but the post in question reads as if you had a new number one but were letting your vote sit on number two for convenience rather than conviction.

Then you misread. Malee still is my primary scumread, but I will wait to see what her successor does.

In post 100, Lastsurvivor wrote:Meh. Malee was really scummy as town in the last game I played with her, and she did stuff similar to this.
Granted, she was drugged up during that entire game, but still.

Because this doesn't really say anything. The bolded is what bothers me most. Also, it's rather vague to say that she did "similar stuff."
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Alice, what makes replacing out a town tell? Once replaced, would you be willing to vote a player based on Malee's play?

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by hiplop »

oh boy! Im getting lots of attention

I think hiplop is pretty likely town. He seems to be trying to catch scum, and his last point - that Nacho is avoiding his meta - is the sort of complicated scheme that town dream up and scum don't fake often.

Yep!

While going through his ISO today, i noticed that he never commented on Malee or funkybike1. hiplop, what are you reads (or just thoughts) on them?

Heavily neutral. Which kinda scares me, for that rarely happens. I have a feeling one of them is scum, I just lack the competence to pin point which one
third best scummer of all time
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 213, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Alice, what makes replacing out a town tell? Once replaced, would you be willing to vote a player based on Malee's play?

Sorry, when did I ever say replacing out is a town tell? I only remember saying that Malee is still my primary scumread. Yes, I would be willing to vote a player based on Malee's play, but I certainly would take into account the replacement's play.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Hip, I find the "yep" a little weird. You basically got called a misguided townie and jumped all over agreeing with it.

Alice, why aren't you willing to vote a player being replaced?

Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:15 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Alice: K thanks for the evidence.
@Hiplop: Do you still think Rhinox is scum? If not, then pinpoint some scumreads ASAP. If so, then to do some convincing ASAP.

This is why Hip bothers me @everyone who finds him ok. His vote is stuck on Rhinox, but he hasn't really pushed it. And now he's saying that two others might be scum.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 am

Post by hiplop »

Hip, I find the "yep" a little weird. You basically got called a misguided townie and jumped all over agreeing with it.

Eh, the phrase dream up can have some negative connotation, I don't agree with this, however. Dreamers are what keep the world great.

DDD and Rhinox are scum, imo. Maybe even Nachomama instead of DDD. Nacho is doing what every player who has been "Scum-meta'd" does, "CHANGE THEIR PLAYSTYLE" in heavy air quotes (its more fashionable that way). And quite bluntly, I see a connection between rhinox and nacho. DDD feels independently scummy, some for his lurking, some for his actual posts.
third best scummer of all time
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:01 am

Post by funkybike1 »

In post 218, hiplop wrote:

Eh, the phrase dream up can have some negative connotation, I don't agree with this, however. Dreamers are what keep the world great.

DDD and Rhinox are scum, imo. Maybe even Nachomama instead of DDD. Nacho is doing what every player who has been "Scum-meta'd" does, "CHANGE THEIR PLAYSTYLE" in heavy air quotes (its more fashionable that way). And quite bluntly, I see a connection between rhinox and nacho. DDD feels independently scummy, some for his lurking, some for his actual posts.

I agree with this, players identified as scum are more likely to make a mistake in dramatically changing their playstyle.
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:21 am

Just because I have some free time and laptop access (both of which are rarities for me) and it seemed to help the first time, I'm going to do a few more ISOs.

First up is hip, mostly due to the fact that I was only able to answer "what does everyone think of hip" with a big fat null.
ISO 1: The Rhinox vote. He seems to admit it's weak, but early in the game, that's fine.
ISO 3: Votes me, calling me sloppy and apathetic (no examples). Says he's tempted to vote Rhinox, who he is already voting.
ISO 4: Explains his Rhinox reasoning to Nacho. Seems legit.
ISO 7: Asks about DDD, who he seems to see as more lurky than normal. Revotes Rhinox. Seems mostly fine to me, but at this point it seems he has no strong reads unless the Rhinox thing is a bigger deal to him than it was originally.
ISO 9: "forgives" DDD because he didn't disappear until after RVS. This threw me off a little. If being lurky is scummy, shouldn't the fact that he was active in RVS prove the point more rather than less? (though I believe DDD said he was busy watching the NCAA tournament, which is understandable. I'd be doing the same if not for work).
ISO 12: The Rhinox case has become "gut", but he is "pretty convinced".
Overall: Ya' know, while I don't think he's playing a great game, I am actually leaning slight town on hip. The only suspicion he's shown is Rhinox (weak case, parked vote), me (changed his mind), and DDD (hasn't even directly called him scummy). I'd like to hear some of hip's reads, particularly scum reads. I really don't see scum intent in his posts though.

Next, I kind of want to look at 4n. I haven't really seen a whole lot that's stood out about him, but for some reason, my gut is leaning towards him possibly being scum. So let's take a look.
ISO 0: Votes fish for "stating the obvious" regarding updated wills. I like this because the same thing stood out to me.
ISO 1: Accepts fish's explanation, but leaves the vote. Could he have forgotten to unvote? Or maybe he saw nothing to vote on?
ISO 2: Votes Last in a vote-only post.
ISO 3: Votes Malee for being "jumpy". Looks like a wagon hop to me. Honestly, I see scum voting town here. Maybe I'm wrong on Malee. Also, what was the Last vote all about?
ISO 7: Answers "what do you think of DDD" with a wishy washy maybe scum maybe town answer. I don't think he's done anything to try to clarify the read either. What really gets me is the use of an exclamation point in "I could easily see scum!" and then where I expect an explanation and maybe mini-case, it starts to turn into maybe he's town, let's wait and see.
ISO 8: This is a pretty bad answer to Rhinox's question about whether Malee's actions make sense as scum.
ISO 9: Another pot-shot like the one on DDD, this time at Rhinox. Says he is reactive rather than proactive. It's a negative, maybe scum, kind of point to make, but nothing to pursue. It seems like he's leaving these trails that he can point back to and say "see, they gave me bad vibes here".
ISO 11: Unvotes Malee for replacement. If 4n was wagon-hopping scum, this is a good move because for whatever reason nobody ever lynches someone who replaces out while being wagoned. Shows a strong preference for Alicescum rather than Bikescum. If my reads on the two are correct, this makes sense for 4nScum because Bike would be his scumbuddy.
Overall: Holy fuck, 4n is scum. Assuming I'm right, Malee is town because there is no way they are buddies. Bike and 4n are definitely buddies though. If I was a dayvig, I'd be shooting 4n in this post and voting Bike because they both need to die Day 1.

That's gonna have to be all for now.

Just an update on my scum reads:
-Bike is scum and needs to be today's lynch
-4n is scum and I'll be voting him out of the gate tomorrow when Bike flips scum.
-Malee is town just because 4n is scum and they aren't scum together. If I'm wrong on 4n, Malee can still be scum, but I'm confident enough to drop the Malee suspicion for now. (Whoever told me to pick between Bike and Malee should be happy lol)
-I was pretty sold on Fishscum earlier, but I've changed my mind. A few of his posts have tweaked my gut since, but I'm wondering if his style just seems scummy to me.
-I mentioned a slight DDD suspicion earlier. It's still exactly that. A slight suspicion.
-Everyone else is either a town read or nothing has stood out. I'm honestly holding back a little on posting my strongest town reads because of the will mechanic. If scum can easily guess who is near the top of a will, it makes it easy for them to decide on their kill.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:22 am

tl;dr version: Holy shit, 4n slipped under my radar and is obvscumbuddy with Bike. Malee is now town because 4n/malee are obvnotbuddies.

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:38 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

I'm fairly comfortable with alice's recent reactions.

Discussion topic(anybody is welcome to respond, the more the better):
what is the likelihood of scum buddyingup to town given the game mechanic?
or is it more likely for scum to avoid buddying cause it would be too suspicious?

unvote, vote: Rhinox

inb4"OMG He Voted Without Providing An EXPLANATION"

also funkybike is probly town "0.o but alot people think he is scum... and SA just said you two were obvscumbuddies..."
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 218, hiplop wrote:

Nothing on Malee or Funky then? I find it uncomfortable that you said you lacked the "competence" to pinpoint which one of them is scum, especially since now neither of them are scum. Also, I feel the connection between Rhinox and nacho can be explained in another way, but I'll let them explain it.

Also, why can't Rhinox, DDD, and Nacho be scum? You act like it has to be either DDD or Nacho.

@Funky: Do you like...read the thread? I'm pretty sure there are other things people have asked you that you haven't answered, and you just stumble in here posting random irrelevant nonsense.

About new discussion topic: I haven't read through the previous games, but I would think that it would be a smart scum strategy for scum to buddy up on townies. I haven't really been searching for it, so I can't say it's a really risky strategy either. Did anyone who played the Last Will games see that scum buddied up on townies?

@4nx: How do you come to the conclusion that funky's town? At this point he's null for reasons I stated earlier in this post.

Also, lampshading (warning tvtropes link may waste hours of your valuable time) the fact that you BW hopped doesn't really make it any less bad.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hiplop wrote:DDD and Rhinox are scum, imo. Maybe even Nachomama instead of DDD. Nacho is doing what every player who has been "Scum-meta'd" does, "CHANGE THEIR PLAYSTYLE" in heavy air quotes (its more fashionable that way). And quite bluntly, I see a connection between rhinox and nacho. DDD feels independently scummy, some for his lurking, some for his actual posts.

Where do you see the connection? What motive would I have to change my scum meta if no one here has a deep past with me?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”