Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 369, Voidedmafia wrote:DDD: I know the tell, and quite frankly I think the accuracy from at I've seen is too shitty for it to be used (IIRC I've even had it used against me as town, though don't quote me on that).

Voided is town; not that bright but town given he clearly cares more about being right than my vote helping him out.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

4n, nacho, alice, and Rhinox. Please rank bike, alice, and moan in scumminess (alice, you obviously don't have to include yourself in your list)
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:43 am

Post by Fishythefish »

OK, so we're not lynching Alice today. Her recent posting feels fairly convincing - her explanation of which points against her she sees as valid makes sense to me - and more importantly the other two scummiest people are two of the three voting for her.

Come and vote bike. He's scummy, he's a lurker, and he needs to die. Sure, if he flips town it's not good information-wise, but that's always going to be true with a player like funky - it's more than made up for by the fact that he's likely scum, and that if he's not he's useless town. We have to lynch him in the end, and later there may well be other things we want to do more.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 377, Sleepless Assassin wrote:4n, nacho, alice, and Rhinox. Please rank bike, alice, and moan in scumminess (alice, you obviously don't have to include yourself in your list)

uh... read my last 2 posts and realize you already have that answer.

Why ask such a useless question anyways? What are you looking to get out of the answers?

In post 378, Fishythefish wrote:Come and vote bike. He's scummy, he's a lurker, and he needs to die. Sure, if he flips town it's not good information-wise, but that's always going to be true with a player like funky - it's more than made up for by the fact that he's likely scum, and that if he's not he's useless town. We have to lynch him in the end, and later there may well be other things we want to do more.

I don't see how its a forgone conclusion we will inevitably have to lynch him at some point. Maybe there's a vig? Maybe there's investigations? Maybe we lynch all the scum before lylo (assuming funky is not scum)? I think its easy to say "oh he's a lurker, he's useless, he's not answering questions" and rally a lynch for that, but none of that means he's scum. I think if you look at some of the things he has been posting, it looks like genuine town trying to figure out scum. It may not be effective or helpful to the rest of us, but that doesn't mean we should lynch him.

Regarding Theomoaner: I don't know about any amished-tell or whatever voodoo scumhunting is being made up here. However I do want to point out 1 thing:
In post 273, theomoaner wrote:Alice: Probably town.

In post 293, theomoaner wrote:Alice - Her posts feel like "the voice of reason". She seems to be analysing what others are posting and to try to help others think through their ideas (for example post 148). I can't see scum doing this.

In post 318, theomoaner wrote:Going back to post 304. I find it interesting that after being questioned on the lack of interaction with me Alice asks
exactly
the same question as Last, and nothing else. Especially of note is
In post 200, Alicewondering wrote:Ugh Malee.
@Malee's replacement: I want a list of reads from you ASAP

and then no comment on my reads at all (original emphasis). I find this a little strange. I've revised my reading of Alice.

VOTE: Alicewondering

I don't get this. Alice didn't comment on your reads, and you find that strange... why is it scummy? and why is it scummy enough to completely erase your previous town read you seemed pretty confident in?

It seems more like you were under a bit of pressure and wanted to support a wagon that had some momentum rather than pursue any of your scum reads.

vote: theomoaner
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:09 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 379, Rhinox wrote:I don't see how its a forgone conclusion we will inevitably have to lynch him at some point. Maybe there's a vig? Maybe there's investigations? Maybe we lynch all the scum before lylo (assuming funky is not scum)? I think its easy to say "oh he's a lurker, he's useless, he's not answering questions" and rally a lynch for that, but none of that means he's scum. I think if you look at some of the things he has been posting, it looks like genuine town trying to figure out scum. It may not be effective or helpful to the rest of us, but that doesn't mean we should lynch him.

It's true, there could be a vig or a cop, and I wasn't thinking about that. I agree, it's important whether he's scum - his uselessness is a bonus, but not the central issue. I was somewhat posting that because of the multiple people who've gone "yeah, he's scummy, but we won't get any information if he's town" - this implies that a lurker is a worse lynch than another equally scummy person, which is not at all true.

As to funky's scumminess - where do you see him looking like town trying to figure out scum? I'm really not seeing that. For why I think he's scummy - see my wall post. Particularly his early game parrot of my meta on you. That screams to me that he was flicking through the game finding opinions he could steal - it's pretty unlikely anyone else would come up with that meta on their own. And that's something I've done on occasion, when I'm struggling for reads - but only ever when I'm scum. It's a very pure form of wanting to post content more than wanting to catch scum. There's also the terrible hop onto Alice (although I'm never sure to what extent blatant self preservation with no thought about lynch target is scummy).

Definitely want to hear from theo about the Alice flipflop. Actually, I take back some of the strength of feeling in my last post. Alice is still not the right call, but depending on what I hear from funky and theo I could go either way there.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:18 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Alice wrote:Can you expand on this and explain exactly which posts gave you that vibe?

pretty much all of his post show that distinction.
SA wrote:. Please rank bike, alice, and moan in scumminess

alice - definitely town
bike - probably town
moan - could be scum

With about two days left we now have two competing wagons

unvote,vote: theomoaner
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 380, Fishythefish wrote:I was somewhat posting that because of the multiple people who've gone "yeah, he's scummy, but we won't get any information if he's town" - this implies that a lurker is a worse lynch than another equally scummy person, which is not at all true.

To me, that kinda says those people aren't really that confident funky would flip scum if they're worried about if he's town

without going point by point and iso funky (which wouldn't be that hard actually, but..), the jist of it is that funky has seemed to be spending more time talking about whats not a scum tell and defending people. That seems like a more town mindset, because it narrows the lynch pool and eliminates options, and locks him into a position where he may have to be contradictory later in the game if he's scum. I'd expect scum-funky to focus more on whats scummy and who he can lynch. I wouldn't expect scum funky to defend malee as much as he has regardless of what malee's alignment is, and I think he's made some comments that shows he's trying to figure out alignments rather than find a point he can lynch someone for (ie: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p3920092). I know in the game lost in the crash, funky bussed the hell out of me when I started looking scummy, so I wouldn't expect him to defend a scum partner, and based on what I know of funky I don't expect he would bother defending townies if he were scum either.

I'm not saying that I think his play is a token model of excellent scumhunting, or that he's at all effective or helpful to the rest of the town, just that IMO his motivations seem to be town-sided rather than scum-sided.

I don't really think he was parroting your meta comments - we were in a game together when the site crashed, we were both scum. Unfortunately the game thread is lost but out of the 3 or 4 times I've played in a game with funky, I've felt that was his best game I've seen. There was no one calling him a VI, and many people calling him town. Yet he was scum. Every other time I've ever played with town-funky, and its been like this. Lots of people calling him useless and wanting him lynched. I still think thats indicative of funky being more comfortable playing when he has more information (aka as scum), even though he has said in here that he doesn't like being scum. By the way, I think that is another sign that he is town here - that he didn't just accept my meta defense of him earlier on in the game.

As for his comments about nacho earlier on, I agree with 4nx that there's no scum motivation to not vote if you calling someone sure scum, and I don't see funky as the type of player who would just backpedal away from a read as scum just for getting asked a few questions about it. All the attention and suspicion he's getting doesn't seem to make him want to answer everyone's questions quicker or more thoroughly. I think if he's the type of player that wants to placate others, it wouldn't just be limited to one instance where he changed his suspicion because he was getting attention, he'd be more likely to make sure to respond to everything else against him as well.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:42 am

I don't understand why bike being lynched doesn't give us information if he flips town. What information are we missing out on exactly? Anyone with that opinion, feel free to answer.

Rhinox, I'm pretty sure it is going to come down to those three players. So I'm wondering where those voting elsewhere stand. I'll check your ISO, but if your opinion has already been stated, it should have just made it easier for you to answer.

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:15 am

Post by hiplop »

VOTE: moner

Eh, forced due to time restraint
third best scummer of all time
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

SA: I think there's only a connection with nacho, honestly, though I'm not yet sure how strong that is. Maybe it's enough to make his lynch somewhat worthwhile as non-deadline, but I don't know yet.

Rhinox: Thank you for pointing out something about theo that 3 others already have -_-.

As for Funky, that doesn't really change my opinion of his play here. It just hasn't been very good at all.

Hip: You have 2 days left, at least, you can do better than that.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I'd really love some evidence for Funky town that isn't based on crashed-game-meta evidence. Because I've gone through his games that are actually still here, and his scum game actually looks closer to this game honestly.

Theo also needs to show up. He's stalling this game and we're two days until deadline. <_<
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

theomoaner has another 24 hours to post or he will be replaced. In the even of needing a replacement at deadline, the deadline will be extended eiter 72 hours from the time a replacement is found or five days from the original deadline, whichever comes first.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Lovely.

Just in case it isn't clear to everyone: We're lynching either funky or theo today. If you aren't on either of their wagons, stop lollygagging and hop on.

I'd rather you hop on funky, but you know.

Pretty sure almost everyone is on either one wagon or another at this point, save Nacho and the two wagoned individuals themselves. I could be wrong though.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

Actually, hiplop's post was hammer by my count O___O

That said, I'm not too upset with a Theo lynch. I think that between Malee's poor case-pushing, Theo's amish tell, and Theo's hop onto my wagon, Theo is scummier than Bike. There's more concrete evidence for Theo being scum. While Bike may be scummy (especially with a wagon hop and no explanation), I still feel a bit more uncertain because there's so much lurking going on. While Bike is slightly scummy, I'm paranoid also that he's just an easy target for scum to latch on to. So I will think about that a little more.

For D2, DDD definitely needs to put more effort into scumhunting. I want to see an expanded set of reads from you. Funky should also be examined closely.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I think it's just L-2.

@Rhinox: thanks very much for that post. It changes my thinking quite a bit. You seem to have a pretty solid meta of him - and since I think you're town and competent, I'm going to go ahead and trust you on that.

I'd still like to hear from funky what he meant when he said you'd changed. But if you've played together a lot, and once together as scum, I can more easily imagine that that actually made sense for him. OK, I'm going to

UNVOTE:
VOTE: theomoaner

L-1.
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

WHELP DERP DERP DERP. I looked at the wrong wagon. With that said, I'm still happy with a Theo lynch, more so than a funky lynch. I would at least like to hear what funky has to say after he comes back from V/LA.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Should go without saying, but just in case...

If moan comes back, it's time to claim.

kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Post by kortul »

Hmm, i see two different opinions on a funky based on his meta, and both are from players, whom i trust so far. I should be able to check him today and form my own opinion, but since he has only 205 posts, it means a lot of data is lost in a crash, and the picture would be broken.

There is no rush after the announcement of LlamaFluff - we still have more than day and a half ahead before the deadline, so if theo comes back, we will have time to hear his explanations and claim, and if he is MIA, 3 more days should be enough to hear what his replacement will say. But this slot is already scummy after the Malee, and if we will have a replacement again my question about 180 on Alice would be without answer as well. Without such an explanation, i don't see me ever believing anyone in this slot to be town.

With theo at L-1 it is a good time to update the wills, funky may as well hammer after coming back.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Hmm..

If theo comes back, he really needs to explain his flip flop. If it's not a good explanation, I have intent to hammer.

If he doesn't come back, then we should probably let the replacement do some explaining before we think about stringing him up, since we will get a deadline extension.
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 am

Post by funkybike1 »

I am back, hammering if no reply in 12 hours.
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 am

Post by Alicewondering »

Funky, please read the thread and comment on your scumreads. Don't hammer.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Macrophage replaces theomoaner

Final deadline for day one is April 7th, 7PM PST
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Macrophage
Macrophage
Goon
Macrophage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by Macrophage »

Hi everyone :)

I don't have time to read through right now, but will soon.

And don't hammer me.

Vote: VoidedMafia
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 398, Macrophage wrote:Hi everyone :)

I don't have time to read through right now, but will soon.

And don't hammer me.

Vote: VoidedMafia

Why did you vote if you didn't have time to read? What makes VM scummy?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”