Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

My other reads will hopefully come tomorrow.

SA, what do you think of my post #298?
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by hiplop »

hey instead of making good points lets just call everything that opposes us a scumclaim

im such a good scumhunter
third best scummer of all time
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by funkybike1 »

This is a prod dodge.
Being sick sucks.
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 293, theomoaner wrote:I think that from the start (with all respect to her) Malee was not able to play proplerly so taking anything she said as evidence of anything is making a point out of nothing.

Why are you so interested in defending Malee?

I actually liked Hiplop's . UNVOTE: This kind of posting attracts too much attention for scum to be doing.

Lol LS.

In post 285, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Fishy, Nacho; Amished-tell?

Why are you asking Nacho this?

Pedit: funkybike, you better answer questions when you get back.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Hip: Hey, you should take a step back from Rhino for a minute and read 298 (it's a bit long, sorry). Then read the posts after that by Alice and I. Then vote Alice!

@Alice: Hey, Alice, you interacted with your former primary scum read! It only took...me prodding you. Nice. Alice, why didn't you interact with someone who you said was your primary scum read multiple times until now?

Wait, so now you like Hiplop? Seriously, two people call you out on your vote (Nacho and I) and you back off. At least try to show some conviction with your vote, jeez. It doesn't seem like you have any fake scum reads now, either, Alice.

Also, not replying to any of my argument is nice. "Instead of even looking like I'm defending myself, I'm just going to say 'lol.'" Good strategy. But I'm not going away just because you know how to laugh out loud.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Last, it didn't change my mind.

Also not liking how every single wagon is dissolving more and more as we get closer to deadline. We NEED to actually lynch someone.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 305, Lastsurvivor wrote:@Alice: Hey, Alice, you interacted with your former primary scum read! It only took...me prodding you. Nice. Alice, why didn't you interact with someone who you said was your primary scum read multiple times until now?

Wait, so now you like Hiplop? Seriously, two people call you out on your vote (Nacho and I) and you back off. At least try to show some conviction with your vote, jeez. It doesn't seem like you have any fake scum reads now, either, Alice.

Also, not replying to any of my argument is nice. "Instead of even looking like I'm defending myself, I'm just going to say 'lol.'" Good strategy. But I'm not going away just because you know how to laugh out loud.

1. Because I had nothing to say
2. Yes
3. I have nothing to say. You are just so wrong.
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 306, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Last, it didn't change my mind.

Also not liking how every single wagon is dissolving more and more as we get closer to deadline. We NEED to actually lynch someone.

Deadline's a week away. I'm not that concerned. A lot can change in a week, and we have Malee's replacement just in.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Unexpected indefinite V/LA. Phone was accidently slashed by a ForeverSharp knife and is seeing extremely limited action (as in I'm not bringing it with me to work) until I can have it taken care of. Hopefully, this will be tomorrow. If not, I will make an effort to get 30 minutes or so of laptop access every day for this game and my fantasy basketball playoffs.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 302, hiplop wrote:hey instead of making good points lets just call everything that opposes us a scumclaim

im such a good scumhunter

^^scumclaim :P

It so much better to call everything that opposes us obvscum and resort to childish ad hom insults. Those are so much better points. *thumbsup*

Can someone reitterate to me what they think my case on hiplop is and explain to me why its reaching/weak/exaggerated?
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

Rhinox, here are the points I don't agree with:
In post 274, Rhinox wrote:I was pointing that out in reference to how that is a crap reason to justify moving your vote off of me if you think I'm scum. Does going V/LA make me less scummy? Is there some questions or reactions you're looking to get out of me from your vote, which makes it pointless to leave it there while I'm V/LA? This doesn't make sense either because you're not questioning me and when I ask you why I'm scum you just tell me to read back and when I question you further you just ignore me. You seem content calling me scum based on the assumption that I am scum without having to justify your conclusion.
I think he unvoted you for V/LA because his vote would be useless there. Whether or not he thinks one is more scum than the other, it seems that hiplop wants to put his vote where it counts the most, which is a reasonable point of view for a townie. I think you've made this action into a scumtell though it isn't really.

In post 274, Rhinox wrote:Anyways, that last paragraph isn't really part of the reason why I'm voting you. Its because you self-admittedly switched your vote to nacho because there's more momentum and support there. I feel that is a scum motivated mindset - townies want to argue vehemently for lynching their #1 suspect, not fold and switch to a secondary (oh sorry, I forgot we're equal now) suspect who happens to be more lynchable in your opinion.
Again, I don't feel like switching votes like that is really scummy. It's pro-town to make a lynch on a scum suspect happen, whether it is a secondary read or primary read.

and what happened with your scumread on SA who you voted earlier in the game and seemed to just kind of drop (much like your DDD suspicions).
And this is just not a scumtell. Changing reads as part of a process is a town thing to do usually. I find that it's often scum that stick doggedly to one read and try to push it through to the end. That's partially why I unvoted Hiplop.

Part of your case also relies on the fact that hiplop posts things that are unjustified. Not posting reasoning is not really a scumtell either. This makes me feel that part of your scumread on Hip is a result of clashing styles/personalities. Hence, the tunnel vision.

I hope it will help you if I put down a few of my recent reflections on Hiplop:
- Scum tend to be rather wishy washy about their reads. "So and so is kind of town, but could be scum." This gives them a chance to change their reads in the future where convenient. While hiplop has changed his reads, I don't think it has been done in an unnatural way, and he has consistently been (very) adamant about who his top scumreads are, at least recently.
- Scum tend to avoid conflict and not draw attention to themselves, which is completely the opposite of what is going on here. That's why hip's arguments against you read genuinely to me, though they may be somewhat unjustified.

I think basically your case is that hiplop changes his votes/reads, and he does not justify his claims.
Vincent2128
Vincent2128
Goon
Vincent2128
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Post by Vincent2128 »

In post 130, Vincent2128 wrote:
In post 90, hiplop wrote:VOTE: RHINOX His long posts feel like he knows they will be taken as townie, due to their length/passive aggression. Ultimately it feels forced, and its the best i have at this moment. He just doesnt feel right, at all.

I find myself partially agreeing with this post, yet at the same time not believing it. However, I don't see it as a tell either side, until:
In post 105, hiplop wrote:
You know what, I gotta agree with you. Looking back he is being pretty sloppy. Though, atm I'm tempted to vote rhinox. Very very defensive. SA is going to hold my vote now, however. When he gets back or w/e hopefully he wont be as apathetic :P

VOTE: SA

Buddying a little with Lastsurvivor's vote, and also using the very same bad point that Rhinox talked about (defending =/= scumhunting, therefore scumtell).

In post 121, hiplop wrote:
however, I am going to VOTE: Rhinox Quite simply there is something wrong here, it seems like you're attempting to emulate a townie, just feels very forced

And back to Rhinox again.

And now hiplop jumps back onto Rhinoxwagon.
One of the newbies who stayed along throughout
The Rollback
Vincent2128
Vincent2128
Goon
Vincent2128
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Post by Vincent2128 »

@Mod: I will be on vacation in New Zealand from the 31st to the 11th, if you don't want to wait for me to come back then feel free to replace me.
One of the newbies who stayed along throughout
The Rollback
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:31 am

Post by hiplop »

wise observation vincent

last it didnt really change my mind? hes a bit lower now, but not worth a vote. Mostly deadline-worthy stuff imo
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:18 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 304, Alicewondering wrote:
In post 285, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Fishy, Nacho; Amished-tell?

Why are you asking Nacho this?

Because they're members of my and Amished's peerage group and so they're the ones who are most likely to have first hand experience with what I'm talking about. I also want to make them take a stance on something since they're both playing far too passively for my taste (though in my experience that's not uncommon for town-FtF and is common for scum-Nacho).
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:47 am

Post by Fishythefish »

OK. I'm glad to say I've sorted out the hiplop/Rhinox situation. After hiplop answers a question, I'll tell you their alignments.

@hiplop:
- In post 218, DDD was on your scumlist. You later clarified that this was for lurking, which I will happily agree is a weak scumtell. Still, by 241 you had decided to focus on Nacho/Rhinox, though only Nacho of the three had posted in the meantime, and not in a way you criticised. What made you change your mind on things between these two posts?

More later.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:54 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh, and @DDD: what is an Amished-tell? And fair enough re: my play in this game.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:51 am

Post by theomoaner »

I've been asked this question a few times now such as here
In post 294, Lastsurvivor wrote:
Why are you defending her actions, anyway?

and here
In post 304, Alicewondering wrote:
Why are you so interested in defending Malee?

I'm not defending Malee (at least that is not my intent) I'm defending the slot I'm in by providing my opinion of how it got into a mess in the first place. Why is this is a problem even though there are several calls for people to defend themselves elsewhere? For example...
In post 305, Lastsurvivor wrote:

and
In post 249, Sleepless Assassin wrote:So... you . . . Don't defend yourself ever in a mafia game or...?

@DDD: I would still like to know what an amished-tell is.

Going back to post 304. I find it interesting that after being questioned on the lack of interaction with me Alice asks
exactly
the same question as Last, and nothing else. Especially of note is
In post 200, Alicewondering wrote:Ugh Malee.
@Malee's replacement: I want a list of reads from you ASAP

and then no comment on my reads at all (original emphasis). I find this a little strange. I've revised my reading of Alice.

VOTE: Alicewondering
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 am

Post by Fishythefish »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Alice

I've finished catching up, and this wagon is the place to be right now. I'll give lots of reads and crap like that after hiplop replies to my question above.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:32 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 316, Fishythefish wrote:OK. I'm glad to say I've sorted out the hiplop/Rhinox situation. After hiplop answers a question, I'll tell you their alignments.

@hiplop:
- In post 218, DDD was on your scumlist. You later clarified that this was for lurking, which I will happily agree is a weak scumtell. Still, by 241 you had decided to focus on Nacho/Rhinox, though only Nacho of the three had posted in the meantime, and not in a way you criticised. What made you change your mind on things between these two posts?

More later.

It was more of a case that i realized DDD was just lurking, so he moved up to null. Rhinox was always in question.

Just more thinking, i guess for succinctness
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:24 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 307, Alicewondering wrote:1. Because I had nothing to say

I find that hard to believe. So what did you think of the post then?

2. Yes

By not saying "Ono lol I'm actually searching for scum," you're only digging yourself into a deeper hole, Alice. Just saying "Yes" was definitely the wrong answer.

3. I have nothing to say. You are just so wrong.

Oh, wow. This is the best answer ever. I am totally convinced.

UNVOTE: The wonderful Alicewondering

Jk lol

VOTE: Alicewondering

WHY am I wrong? You're making yourself look worse and worse. Seriously. I broke that post down into four core points in the TL;DR section to make it easier for you. But you're not doing anything other than saying "No! You're wrong! LALALALALALALALALALA!"

In post 311, Alicewondering wrote:- Scum tend to be rather wishy washy about their reads. "So and so is kind of town, but could be scum." This gives them a chance to change their reads in the future where convenient. While hiplop has changed his reads, I don't think it has been done in an unnatural way, and he has consistently been (very) adamant about who his top scumreads are, at least recently.

Scum also find it convenient to have no reads at all. Instead of finding scum, they do useless things like mediate on conflicts that they clearly have no interest in. This is what you are doing.

- Scum tend to avoid conflict and not draw attention to themselves, which is completely the opposite of what is going on here. That's why hip's arguments against you read genuinely to me, though they may be somewhat unjustified.

You are avoiding conflict 100% by saying "Lol you're wrong LALALALALALALA."

I think basically your case is that hiplop changes his votes/reads, and he does not justify his claims.

BUT WAIT!

Wasn't your reasoning for the hip vote something like...

In post 279, Alicewondering wrote:LOL Hip can't even remember his reads.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Hiplop

Isn't it possible that Hip just changed his reads? Did you not realize this when you voted him? Why do you enjoy changing your views so freaking much?

Plz more Alice votes.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:39 am

Post by Fishythefish »

OK, cool. That was pretty much as I expected.

Time for a wall post.

TL;DR

If you are hiplop or Rhinox, read at least the first section.
Rhinox/hiplop is town v town. Nacho is town, largely for trying to make them realise that (so Rhinox and Nacho are both town! Hooray!). LS is town a bit for that and more generally for scumhunting. Alice is probably scum.

Rhinox vs. hiplop

I think this is pretty clearly a town v town argument, where hiplop in particular has gone off the rails and started replying to Rhinox assuming he's scum rather than actually answering things. Events as I see them:
- hiplop's early vote on Rhinox is essentially for not believing Rhinox's posting - thinking it was forced, and an attempt to look town. I thoroughly disagree, but don't find it particularly unlikely from town.
- Rhinox replied "yeah, can't really respond to that" - which seems fair - and asked hiplop why he commented repeatedly before Rhinox responded, which is also reasonable. Hiplop's reply was unilluminating.
- hiplop 177 asked if anyone had a deep Nachometa, because Nacho was trying to avoid his meta. I found that a pretty town question and said so at the time - it's the sort of contrived point scum don't make. This continues to be true through hiplop's attacks on Nacho and the Nacho/Rhinox link; hiplop seems to be convincing himself of things, which is something only town can do.
- hiplop 218 seems to think "DDD, Rhinox and Nacho are scummy, and Rhinox and Nacho are connected". If anything, you'd probably say Rhinox > DDD > Nacho from it.
- hiplop 228 is
weird
in its reply to Nacho. He says that his mind is lapsing on the connection between Nacho and Rhinox, and that for why Nacho is scummy he is working on it, having to make a jump on this case and build a "bridge" from Rhinox to Nacho to do it. That's bizarre - it reads an admission that his Nacho hop is forced, and simply doesn't bother to justify the connection that then becomes even more crucial. It doesn't read remotely like hiplop is trying to make his scumhunting sounds good, and it seems really unlikely from scum. I read hiplop as town with a stretched case he's convincing himself of here.
- Rhinox 257 argues with hiplop about Nacho - tbh, I think meta is a really difficult subject and have little idea who is right. Neither side of the argument is nearly wrong enough to be scummy. He also asks why the switch to Nacho; hiplop replied that Nacho had more interest and Rhinox was away.
- Rhinox 266 is the first post that worries me in this exchange. The reasoning isn't very strong at all. Rhinox says that hiplop has moved onto Nacho despite reading Rhinox as #1 scum, and having said "not too long back" that Nacho and DDD were vying for second place. But that's not how I read hiplop at all - he'd made several posts since 218 (where DDD/Nacho was expressed), and they pretty clearly show hiplop plumping on a Nacho/Rhinox scumteam. I don't see anywhere in his posting that Rhinox is comfortably number one, and him going with the flow on Nacho didn't seem at all unnatural.
- hiplop 272 has an air of frustration culminating in a pretty bad dismissal - "Essentially rhinox's points are based on his lack of comprehension, i can't fucking reply to lack of competence". I usually expect these discussions to have gone on for longer, and got rather more ranty, before town start saying things like that. This is the start of hiplop's descent from actually arguing with Rhinox.
- Rhinox 274 clarified, saying that he was concerned about hiplop's dropping of DDD for Nacho/Rhinox. Well, that reads like a change of tack to me - 266 was pretty clearly saying that the problem was that hiplop wasn't going for Rhinox, his #1 scumread. Not particularly scummy - the points are related, and I can see 266 just being a poor expression of Rhinox's views. The new point is much better - DDD dropping off hiplop's radar needs an explanation.
- In 280 and beyond, hiplop is not good at separating "arguing with me" from "scum". He starts accusing Rhinox of using wiki-tells, which is not at all fair, and of just calling Rhinox scum, which is unproductive. I read this as town who gives up arguing with someone because they are convinced they are scum. I can't see scumhiplop doing this tactically. Rhinox's explanation is that scumhiplop has got flustered after being called out by Rhinox - but Rhinox's points just aren't that scary for him. The case is essentially:
a) The move to Nacho, voting the #2 suspect over the #1 suspect - hiplop addressed this, and his posts bear his claims out.
b) The unexplained dropping of DDD; well, hiplop was happy to explain that as soon as
someone else
asked him. He clearly wasn't scared of the point itself, and it was just being asked by Rhinox, who he was convinced was scum, that made him respond badly.

I'm practically certain these two are town. I really understand hiplop's posting - he displays confirmation bias in an unwise but entirely townish way, slowly convincing himself of his grand Nacho/Rhinox theory. Rhinox just reeks of town in this argument and elsewhere. They should really, really take a step back and vote someone else.

Other townies

Nacho reads hiplop/Rhinox wonderfully, and attempts to defuse. He is not scum without one of them, and so he is in fact town. LS does the same to a lesser extent – though he doesn't really explain enough that he's at all likely to help. More to the point, I'm pretty much certain he's trying to catch scum, so he's very likely town.

Alice is scum

Alice's move to hiplop is really bad:
In post 279, Alicewondering wrote:
In post 266, Rhinox wrote:Do you think a replacement provides more/better information if they aren't under any pressure, or if they immediately have to face a bandwagon full of voters who found their predecessor scummy?

Townie replacements will certainly have motivation to post better content, but they are likely to become frustrated with being judged on their predecessor's actions. Scum replacements faced with a bandwagon will carefully post content that may appear to be good, but will actually be very misleading, so there's not really a lot of information to be gleaned by welcoming someone with a bandwagon.

DDD, I want more reads from you. Besides Nacho, what do you think about the players in the game?

Stole this quote from Rhinox, who quoted Hip.
In post 274, Rhinox wrote:
You, and nacho are about equal in my books. Can you really not grasp basic connotation? I used "maybe even DDD"...because my only thought on him is hes kinda lurky.

I'm refering to this:
In post 218, hiplop wrote:
DDD and Rhinox are scum, imo. Maybe even Nachomama instead of DDD.
Nacho is doing what every player who has been "Scum-meta'd" does, "CHANGE THEIR PLAYSTYLE" in heavy air quotes (its more fashionable that way). And quite bluntly, I see a connection between rhinox and nacho. DDD feels independently scummy, some for his lurking, some for his actual posts.

LOL Hip can't even remember his reads.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Hiplop

She tries to parrot Rhinox, but oversimplifies to the point where I struggle to believe she understood or believed the point - in her repetition, the point just becomes "reads changed -> scum". If Rhinox vs. hiplop is town v town, Alice is stirring the pot, and that's scummy as hell. LS's case on Alice is a mixed bag. Hypocrisy forms a central role, and that's just not remotely scummy. “You didn't apply that tell to everyone” just doesn't do much for me. Of the 4 points, only 2) and 4) do anything for me – Alice's contrived explanation of the simple fact that defending scum is scummy feels off, and not trying to get a read on themoaner is also bad. Also, Alice's backing off from hiplop in the face of pressure looks scummy. All in all, Alice is looking like scum here.

Kortul hasn't done much. He asks relevant questions, but doesn't take many stances, much less controversial ones, and doesn't seem to follow up much. Scummy side of neutral.

Funkybike is worse than a standard lurker - I can't see satisfactory answers to these questions:
In post 156, Fishythefish wrote:@funkybike:
In post 145, funkybike1 wrote:
Rhinox
has changed his behavior from previous games quite a bit, he's played here like a decent townie.

What did you mean by this? How has Rhinox changed his behaviour?
In post 196, Fishythefish wrote:@funky:
- Why did you think Nacho was scum?
Where is his "decent explanation for his behaviour"?

Particularly the first – it looked to me like he was parroting my fairly tenuous meta on Nacho, without really understanding it. Feels very much like he's trying to force some reads he doesn't really have, and that is a bit scummy. For the second post, he backs of Nacho very fast when he's criticised. He says “Nacho managed to provide a decent explanation for his behavior; I find it believable.” - but it's not at all clear to me where that explanation could be.

Themoaner's content so far has been fine. Malee's scumminess is rapidly fading from my mind, but it shouldn't be – this slot is still pretty likely scum.

DDD hasn't done much, and I don't have much of a read on him. If themoaner's scum, so is DDD:
In post 136, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Can't say I'm really interested in a Malee wagon right now since I think the fundamental point she made was a sound one about Nacho.

Here, DDD is saying that the Malee case is poor because she made a decent point against Nacho. But that's not the point at all – DDD expressed the actual case
himself
here:
In post 63, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 51, Rhinox wrote:It was a good point (not a strong point or a scum point) you had but it says more about you than DDD.

I'd love to know why it was a good point other than pandering to LastSurvivor because even you recognize the point was easily addressed.

VOTE: Nachomamma8
Malee is pathetically shrimping away from this, but I like the point. Nacho's an above-average player and when he's on cruise control and not reading things deeply that suggests to me he's not really looking for scum that deeply.

Malee's “pathetic shrimping” is pretty much the issue with her attack on Nacho. I said that I thought the case wasn't about the actual point, and DDD's answer was that Malee wouldn't bus Nacho. So, we have DDD basing a Malee townread on a Nacho scumread. That seems pretty tenuous – particularly since it seems unlikely that by post 136 DDD had a very strong scumread on Nacho.

4n hasn't done two much. His main actions have been a vote on Alice, which was ok, and one on Rhinox, which isn't terribly reasoned but could be scum stirring the pot. Possible under-the-radar scum, but pretty null atm.

Vincent: not terribly active, but what content there is is pretty sound.

SA: he's done quite a lot. Lots of it feels town, nothing scummy there. Pretty likely town.

Town:
hiplop, Rhinox, nacho, LS

Probtown:
SA

Null:
Vincent

Leaning scum:
kortul, DDD (probscum so if themoaner is scum)

Probscum:
Alice, themoaner, funkybike
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

PEDIT: Sorry, but I am doing a wall too. :(

Half the ISOs I did yesterday are gone <_< thankfully I got most of the important ones. Just gonna go into it.

4n: Weak town read (Town null lean, if you will). When are you going to justify your Rhinox vote like you said you would here?

DDD: He's being quite lazy. I've only played one game with him, but in that game he was proactive and had a strange methodology. This game he's being quite unspectacular. I feel like his Nacho case generally boils down to "you're better than this" and not much else. His reply to a question I asked him was way too wordy to be comfortable for me and, to be honest, I'm not sure he answered it. I don't like it. I also don't like how he started viciously defending hiphop, even going so far as to attacking Rhino, after Hip hopped onto the Nacho wagon. The Nacho wagon is a lazy wagon, and IDK why DDD is still pushing it.

Fishy: I think Fishy's town, but it's mostly gut. I dunno. He explains himself well, I guess, and usually makes sense. People who seem to be having a problem with him I'm thinking have played with him before, so perhaps I'm just lacking a meta read.

Funky: Sweet jesus Funky is one of the most confusing players ever. I think he's scum though.

Spoiler: quote #1 (big quote)
In post 145, funkybike1 wrote:The wonders of Comcast being useless over a weekend... Here's a few of my reads.

To me, it looks like this wagon on
Malee
is sort of forced; there is no relevant reason for her to be scum more than anyone else. LS's argument is based on pandering, which I find not to be a valid scumtell Day 1. However, I respect other people's opinions, and if this behavior continues from Malee, it will be very hard to dig out of the hole she created for herself.

Vincent
, seems to be acting overly townish. I think he's vanilla town (at least for right now).

LS
is leaning town, definitely. I simply don't believe scum would post like that.

4nxi3ty
,... active lurking. No information as of yet.

Hiplop
has contributed to the town's discussion, but I can't get a read of his posts.

Kortul
, I can say, is safely town until proven otherwise.

Rhinox
has changed his behavior from previous games quite a bit, he's played here like a decent townie.

Nachomamma
is scum. I can't see any other possibility.

Nacho, how about you answer your own question?
Post 110: "When you're defending yourself, what other objectives should you have?"

Lots of things wrong with this:

1) See Malee's read. He says he thinks the Malee case is forced. Then he goes on to say that if her behavior continues, it will be very difficult to dig herself out of whatever hole she's in or something like that. Shouldn't he find her behavior fine if he finds the case forced?
2) 4n's, hip's reads literally don't say anything.
3) Kortul is safely town until proven otherwise? How so? He gives no explanation for this (hell, none of them have explanations)
4) No vote on Nacho. This leads me to my next point.

Post 173: Funky says Nacho provided an explanation for his behavior. If you go through Nacho's ISO...he really didn't explain his behavior.

Spoiler: quote 2
In post 195, funkybike1 wrote:I did not vote Nacho because I was waiting for him to respond to my question.

ORLY? He's referring to his random ass question at the end of quote 1. I find this very hard to believe. Why not just vote and then ask the question? Avoiding conflict IMO.

But yeah anyway we've clarified that Funky thinks Nacho's innocent. Except, according to Read 218, Funky agrees with Hip that Nacho's scum now.

TL;DR Funky's scum.

Kortul: Null. There's not a ton of content there. A problem I have is that his initial reads list are mostly neutral. Kortul, could you turn those neutral people to town or scum (I know, hypocritical of me since you have a null read from me, but if you do that you might become town!)

(Now we're getting to the points where I have no notes, so these will be shorter then they would have been...unless the ISOs are short on their own).

Theo: Theo doesn't look good either. His first post looks like he's just defending himself. The obvious example is when he tries to explain his predecessor's actions. But further examples are his attack on Fishy. I don't really get the attack on Fishy, since both the things Theo is attacking Fishy for were explained multiple times. Also, look at the quotes around his attack on SA? What is one word they all have in common? Malee.

Now, this wouldn't really be bad if the case weren't illogical. The "OMG contradiction" Theo notices in 220 comes right after SA did a reread of ISOs and such. Obviously his reads are going to change. Theo is leaning scum, I guess.

Nacho: I had more specifics about Nacho, but they were lost when I lost my notes so...TL;DR I think he's town.

Hip/Rhino: Their conflict says they'e town/town. They've both got extreme tunnel vision and are overly defensive (Rhino proved the latter part to me at the beginning of this game), and they just happened to jump on each other.

SA: I actually didn't do his ISO, but my gut says town. Can't really be sure though, so town null lean.

Vincent: Oh yeah, I almost forgot to do his. There's a lot of narcissism (or what other have called "egocentrism") in his posts, that I actually kind of like. Otherwise there isn't a lot of content though. Weak town read.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

ive only skimmed ls's and fishy's case on alice yet i still got townvibes from some of alice's earlier reactions; an alice doesn't really appeal to me.

while i agree that rhinox vs. hiplop shouldnt be our sole focus, i dont think it was townvtown.

rhinox's attack read more like scum taking little things from hiplop's posts and turning it into a big deal than town with poor reasoning.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”