knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Post by knox »

In post 698, Twistedspoon wrote:I agree with Bl somewhat (though I still find pine rather townish)

I wish I knew why Kondi think chkflip is 'definately town'

In post 610, kondi2424 wrote:@knox: My reasoning was that, if the replaced player was scum, their scumbuddies wouldn't know which of us were their buddy (me or chkflip, as I have found). Thus we are both town.

This was his reasoning but I’m not sure if I agree with it as the scum slot would have remained the same and it would have clearly been stated who replaced who in game. Maybe I’m missing something though, it still slightly confuses me.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Comment on my Matt analysis? Anyone?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Post by projectmatt »

V/LA until the 28/29th, going away for the weekend

I'm aware I have not been very active but after this weekend I will be finishing up a very busy period in my life and should have the time that's required for a game, I am sorry, but I should be able to be my active self after this weekend
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I'm going to be
V/LA from Friday 6:00 AM EST to Saturday 2:00 PM EST
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA for until the 30th
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Seems like we are all divided :(
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:07 am

Post by T-Bone »

Vote Count

Knox - 1 (Mastin)
Bunnylover - 1 (Twistedspoon)
BBMolla - 3 (Pine, Kondi, Nacho)
Chkflip - 1 (Bunnylover)
Oversoul - 1 (Knox)
Pine - 1 (BBMolla)

Not Voting - Projectmatt, Kise, Oversoul, Andycyca, Chkflip

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to Lynch

Day ends in a NO LYNCH....however Mod-kills incoming.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 706, T-Bone wrote:Day ends in a NO LYNCH....however Mod-kills incoming.

Did day end really fucking happen?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:20 am

Post by T-Bone »

Mod-Killed for Inactivity Day 3

Chkflip - Vanilla Townie

Kondi - Vanilla Townie

Kise - Mafia Traitor Jailkeeper

Andycyca - Town Miller

It is now Night phase, 48 hours. Please PM me all actions, deadline is Tuesday at 10pm EST

OP updated

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Post by T-Bone »

"Once again the camera comes to life as it looks down from air ducts. There a couple guys in suits with guns are holding a hostage at gunpoint. David can be heard breathing hard as he watches them. They shoot the guy in the head, which makes David jump. The men look up at the source of the noise as David begins to scramble away. The clanging and the noise is in describable by the phone's microphone as David moves away. There was no doubt, David saw them kill another one."

Dead

Oversoul - Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 3

It is now Day 4.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is Friday April 11th, 11:59pm EST

OP updated.

Note: I apologize for the misleading deadline. I intended 72 hours like the previous night phases but for some reason wrote 48...:(

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

So I asked the mod.

Sly was a godfather (did not show up as part of the mafia), Kise was not. Since Sly already had a role, it's safe to assume (despite the mod not answering) he didn't have access to the mafia QT and is what most people would consider to be a traditional traitor. (Whether he knew them and/or the scum knew him is still debatable.)

Also, the neighbors might as well be masons. Look at the town's (extreme lack of) power in this game. We've got a cop, and a miller to counter it, against an investigation-immune-traitor-rolecop and a jailkeeper (roleblocker, potential doc as well). Simply put...we've got pretty much nothing, against a scumteam which has some fairly strong PRs.

So either we've been incredibly lucky and had a lot of PRs dodge the kill...or the PRs we have are stronger than we think. AKA, the neighbors weren't meant to be neighbors, but originally were meant to be masons. AKA, they're both town. (That...made more sense in my head. :P)

Now with 8 alive, I think there's probably two scum left, which means either today or tomorrow, we should probably no-lynch, and either today or tomorrow, we'll need to massclaim. Thoughts from everyone on that?

VOTE: knox.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

TwistedSpoon:
What do you think about Andy flipping Miller?

@Mastin:
Agree with the lack of power in town.
With 2 of my scum read flipping town, I'm willing to believe Pine is town.
Explain why we should no lynch?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by mastin2 »

1. Projectmatt <--Original slot (grifiest) was fairly bad, replacement Furcolow played to his scum meta of short posts until he replaced out, and matt's play here has been incredibly scummy. Conclusion, scum.
2. Twistedspoon <--Ditto. Hoping town, as a Palisade town bloc would be awesome.
3. Knox Pizzadudes7 <--My other scum suspect. Pizza's play was scummy, Knox made it worse.
9. BBmolla <--If I'm wrong on Knox or Matt, it'd be BBMolla replacing them.
10. Pine <--Prob-town via neighborhood.
11. Nachomamma8 <--Confirmed town.
17. Bunnylover <--Prob-town via neighborhood.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Bunny, we have eight alive, with two scum left being most likely.

Our odds improve with odd numbers, seven or five, as it limits the lynch pool. It also forces the scum to NK a player and give insight into the setup based on who died and their townflip, while also giving any theoretical PRs a chance to get more actions in. Which means either today or tomorrow, we should no-lynch.
My academy.
Agnigi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Pine »

[quote="In post 710, mastin2"
Also, the neighbors might as well be masons. Look at the town's (extreme lack of) power in this game. We've got a cop, and a miller to counter it, against an investigation-immune-traitor-rolecop and a jailkeeper (roleblocker, potential doc as well). Simply put...we've got pretty much nothing, against a scumteam which has some fairly strong PRs.

So either we've been incredibly lucky and had a lot of PRs dodge the kill...or the PRs we have are stronger than we think. AKA, the neighbors weren't meant to be neighbors, but originally were meant to be masons. AKA, they're both town. (That...made more sense in my head. :P)[/quote]
We came to a very similar conclusion.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Pine »

Damn. Quote fail.

Don't see the necessity for a no-lynch unless we actually hit a MyLo.

Still pretty sure that BB is scum, but Knox probably is too, so I'll back your play Mastin.

Vote: Knox

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Shouldn't we NL?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by Pine »

No.

If we mislynch and ou successfully kill, it's 4:2 MyLo. Then we NL. No reason to pick and choose who you want to bring to endgame. You'd probably choose one of the confirmed Town, which makes it harder for Town to get a solid coalition, which makes it easier for scum to manipulate the votes.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 711, Bunnylover wrote:TwistedSpoon:

well what do you think about it?

I view it as an amusing coincidence. He's certainly brave that he claimed vt though or perhaps he forgot his role or maybe he even realised had he claimed miller at that point it would've made his lynch inevitable and he could only hope it was a gambit.
Who knows.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 683, Oversoul wrote:
In post 99, projectmatt wrote:It's annoying trying to remember what to do.

Normally I would not be against a side statement like this as it looks mostly harmless but I have to examine what it could mean coming from scum. Scum would say something like this because they have forgotten what they had said before the game was nuked and want to retain those same opinions for fear of looking discordant.

Trying to remember what to do looks like a scum without a plan because there are no longer any posts to try and trick the town into lynching the wrong person.

Why does me saying "I'm not sure what to do" read more as scum without a plan than town without a plan? I don't get this

In post 99, projectmatt wrote:Mastin was a town lean because the whole "i'm gonna catch the whole scum team d1 with my crazy analysis" is what he does as town, although I've never actually seen his scum play.

So you cannot really say that is his town play then? Why attribute something to Mastin so loosely when even you realize it cannot be completely trusted. This looks like scum trying to call someone town so that they do not need to have other reasons for calling said person town.

It means that he's town based on everything I've seen but the read isn't completely confident.

In post 116, projectmatt wrote:Oh and Mastin, what's making you read me as scum? I'm not sure what it's based on given you've read me incorrectly in the past and I feel my play is pretty much the same <.<

He acknowledges that this is just normal Mastin play, and acknowledges that it was wrong last time, but is still curious as to why Mastin thinks he is scum.

???? Yes, why would I not be curious as to why Mastin thinks I'm scum? I'm asking because I was playing pretty much the same as I did when I was town so I was trying to understand his read

In my opinion, Matt is playing scum due to a heightened sense of self awareness and he is conscientious of his play and doesn't want to look scummy.

I'm always "self aware" but people reading me is not my top priority

In post 205, projectmatt wrote:Hi guys. While you're arguing about whether or not it's wise to lynch a claimed cop day one because he has "connections" (tip: it's not) and making town vs town cases on each other (I'm looking at you, Chkflip and Twistedspoon, although I must admit I'm not as sure on Twistedtown anymore but still pretty sure on Chktown), I'll be lynching the person who is scum or has the likeliest chance to be. I would make a case, but I can't without the old game.

*sigh* I hate my own ambivalence. I'm going to need to remain confident about my feelings toward Matt, though.

Matt stating that Chk vs. TS is town v town is again scum attributing towniness to other players so that he does not need to come up with another read. He says that TS is town but remarks that his TS read could be wrong, so then how could he be so sure that Chk vs TS is a waste of time because it is a T v T argument?

Both had towntold IMMENSELY and I knew that trying to lynch either of them would be foolish and terrible so yes, I was getting a little annoyed that they were at each other's throats and I said that to make it stop

His last comment about the old game answers my questions about his first comment "I don't know what to do", but only partially and I would really like Matt to answer the question in full.

Why did you say "I don't know what to do" in your second post?

Because I wasn't sure where to start after losing the entire game

In post 382, projectmatt wrote:Twistedspoon,your jumping on BBmolla's wagon was insanely, insanely awkward but I'll disregard that given you towntold a bit before.

You used akward to describe BBmolla's vote as scummy. What exactly do you mean when you say awkward? Right now I see you using awkward as a synonym for scummy.

It meant ...awkward. It didn't seem natural, it felt forced, so yes I guess I was

In post 396, projectmatt wrote:
Pine -
I forgot to ask, is it possible to paraphrase or quote things from the QT or is that against the guidelines? I can't find anything regarding it in the game rules. I think it would be a gigantic help if you could paraphrase some of the things Bunny said, but yeah

If both Pine and BL are town then this post possibly means Matt is looking for something to play on a BL lynch. However, if one of the two is scum then this does point toward Matt being town as he would know what BL already said in the QT.

How does me trying to get reads by getting Pine to quote the QT translate to me trying to get the QT so I can have a basis to lynch Bunny? If I was that eager to lynch Bunny, why not just lynch him based on what was already there? It's not like anybody was trying to call him town

In post 511, projectmatt wrote:Post #465 by Kondi is an awkwardly formal and sincere side I have never seen from him. I've only seen him play laid back and not nearly as confident/analytic as he does now. I'll keep on eye on him, I guess.

I agree with this sentiment that Kondi deserves a second look.

Why do you think that Kondi is town now, Matt?

I forget what he did but I remember him making several towntells after I had made that post

In post 528, projectmatt wrote:Mastin, is Mcqueen town?

Vote: Bunny

Excuse me?

Matt in his previous posts says that he can see BL being town and states that BL's wagon is okay. Up to this point I don't think Matt has even announced any scumreads as he has vocally said BL could be town while voting for him.

Actually I outed a scum read on Kise and I forget who else but I outed several town reads which is generally how I play. Saying that someone
COULD
be town doesn't mean they are

In addition, he tries to make his post look more adequate by asking Mastin the most pointless question in the history of the universe. Matt has said numerous times that Mcqueen is obvious town. Multiple people have stated that they think Mcqueen is obvious town so why the hell would he ask Mastin what he thinks of Mcqueen?

Mcqueen was obvious town but I remember Mastin was looking at him in an odd way so I was trying to ask him if he thought that Mcqueen was town as well. This would help me get a read on Mastin and let me see if he was getting the same kind of tells, like a town would.

In post 563, projectmatt wrote:Hm.

Oversoul, why is it me? Let's talk.

Having some doubts about Bunnylover myself - not that I ever scum read her hard in the first place, but I'm also not sure who I could switch a wagon on in the course of one day. Eh...

I am ready to talk. I have been busy and I guess so have you, but your play has been extremely suspect.

The last part of this post looks horrible as only scum are concerned who they should switch to do when push comes to shove. I give you towncredit as it doesn't make sense for scum to publicly announce this feeling, but damn this post.

Right, damn this post because I'm not sure who to vote.

In post 639, projectmatt wrote:1. Someone explain to me why Kise is town

2. Knox is a fairly good vote.

3. I have a few fairly solid town reads but I need to check up something quickly. However Mastin/Nacho seriously need to realize that I'm town. <.<

Why is Knox a good vote?

Why are you so concerned about Mastin and Nacho thinking that you are scum? Why is my name not mentioned? What makes you think that other people should view you as town in this game? You haven't anything, been confirmed by anything, or have someone confirm you as town.

Because I get mislynched in several of my games when I am town and I despise being seen as a "VI" or a liability, so yes, I want people that I believe are town to townread me so I don't end up getting screwed over later

In post 682, projectmatt wrote:Originally, I was planning to come in and attack Knox but after looking at her ISO I'm actually tempted to give her some free space right now because of her strong attack on SlySly and my inablity to actually get a solid scum tell on her, aside from a fairly bad unjustifiable gut read

What does her attack on Sly have to do with anything? Sly was a traitor... therefore main group scum would not have known he was mafia. Sly could have potentially known who maingroup scum were, though.

That was my mistake.

What game have we played together where you were scum and I was town?

Red Dead Redemption Mafia

[/quote]

Responses in bold.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by projectmatt »

For the record, I think that Oversoul is town but I want to respond to his case to clarify and respond to his questions.

What's the purpose of this question?

Leaning on voting Knox but I'm going to go ahead and give myself some time to read
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Y'know?

Unvote, VOTE: projectmatt.

My case against Matt feels stronger, Oversoul made a case against matt and HE is the one who ended up dead, combined with matt's willingness to vote knox?

Yeah. This is the way to go.
My academy.
Agnigi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Post by Pine »

Nah. Of the three (BB, know, matt) I feel matt is the least likely to be scum.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 720, projectmatt wrote:For the record, I think that Oversoul is town but I want to respond to his case to clarify and respond to his questions.

oversoul already flipped dude

In post 720, projectmatt wrote:

What's the purpose of this question?

:neutral:

did you miss my gambit or something?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: Matt

knox wagon turned real ugly real quick.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”