NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Code_X »

In post 1093, redFF wrote:hey code_x you fucking idiot nobody is going to read your post and manually find and open up post xxx, please link to the post or quote if you're talking about it. I was a pretty universal townread day 1 too so please get a case together instead of just "omg redFF is really scummy everyone thinks so".

Thought you'd react like a giant dick. :)

I've got to work all night - but rest assured I will outline my case in more detail when I'm done circa 12 hours. I appreciate my train of thoughts probably isn't helpful to anyone bar myself at this point.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

before you go I have a question about your LLD read. You wrote "Aggressive townish. Does like to take a stance, warming too." Was that supposed to be doesn't? If so how does someone that doesn't take firm stances read town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:59 am

Post by Code_X »

I think what I meant is that she is more than happy to stick her neck out, instead of blending into the crowd. Happy to pick a fight if you will - I would need to re-read in isolation but I initially felt she was scummy early doors and then improved - albeit she seemed to disappear for a while.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:18 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 1099, HezLucky wrote:Last 24 hours:

Junpei: THE VI IS NOT CLEAR [Benmage: he is. Benmage still not contributing much but he's right here]
Junpei: REDFF YOU WEREN'T A UNIVERSAL TOWN READ. [He wasn't, it's true, but that's not the poitn - Junpei is basically playing the I'M GOING TO DISCREDIT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE card. Why? Doesn't help that Junpei was basically useless Day One. Is this your way of making it seem like you are contributing?]

Unvote, Vote: Junpei

Well that's only two things that I've done since the day has started, but as long as you're cherrypicking...

I did not say "THE VI IS NOT CLEAR", I just passively showed suspicion of a VI who someone had said was clear; though I never directly addressed the notion that drmyshotgun was clear.

In light of this, I don't think I need to address the second statement as the only issue you have with it is that in conjunction with the first statement it looks to you like mudslinging. I assure you it is not; this is all I will say on this because as the game goes on you'll see I'm town through my body of work.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:21 am

Post by scooby »

WHY THE FUCK IS PINE THE SCUMBAH STILL ALIVE

VOTE: PINE
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:22 am

Post by HezLucky »

Junpei wrote:I did not say "THE VI IS NOT CLEAR", I just passively showed suspicion of a VI who someone had said was clear; though I never directly addressed the notion that drmyshotgun was clear.

You did.

Why do you feel the need to lie to me?
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:25 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 1105, HezLucky wrote:
Junpei wrote:I did not say "THE VI IS NOT CLEAR", I just passively showed suspicion of a VI who someone had said was clear; though I never directly addressed the notion that drmyshotgun was clear.

You did.

Why do you feel the need to lie to me?

No... I stated suspicion of drmyshotgun here. However no where did I address any statements made by people saying that drmyshotgun was clear, as I said.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

IIOA. Its either you believe he's clear or not. Showing suspicion without taking a stance is scummy as hell. At this moment do you feel we should be lynching him or not?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 am

Post by HezLucky »

In post 1107, Nero Cain wrote:IIOA. Its either you believe he's clear or not. Showing suspicion without taking a stance is scummy as hell. At this moment do you feel we should be lynching him or not?

Exactly this.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:36 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 1107, Nero Cain wrote:IIOA. Its either you believe he's clear or not. Showing suspicion without taking a stance is scummy as hell. At this moment do you feel we should be lynching him or not?

No, I don't. Just like you, I don't think all my scumreads should be amassing votes right now. Hell, you crossed me off on your list of the days' suspects in your opening post, Nero. I think you are who we should lynch, not drmyshotgun. I think the post I linked stated an implicit stance on drmyshotguns' alignment by the way:
In post 1081, Junpei wrote:Also that QT recap means nothing at all and could easily have been faked. Interesting that they just posted reads and didn't really discuss anything though..

I show doubt of drmyshotguns' recap. I go into more detail here about how I think drmyshotgun could be mafia. This is just how I go about my business.

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:37 am

Post by HezLucky »

In post 1109, Junpei wrote:

No, I don't. Just like you, I don't think all my scumreads should be amassing votes right now. Hell, you crossed me off on your list of the days' suspects in your opening post, Nero. I think you are who we should lynch, not drmyshotgun. I think the post I linked stated an implicit stance on drmyshotguns' alignment by the way:

Junpei you are WAY TOO PASSIVE in the way you talk to someone that you want lynched. It's like maf apologizing to town that they are suspicious of them.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Junpei »

Perhaps I am too passive HezLucky, however I pride myself on calm calculated action. The outburst at the end of day 1 is an exception for me.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Pine »

Read scooby's ISO and tell me he's not a lurking, opportunistic scumfuck. Seriously.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Its either you think he's scum or not. You handwaving "OH LOOK HOW SUSPICIOUS HE IS!!!" but not directly stating you find him scummy won't cut it.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1113, Nero Cain wrote:Its either you think he's scum or not. You handwaving "OH LOOK HOW SUSPICIOUS HE IS!!!" but not directly stating you find him scummy won't cut it.

I actually agree with this.

Junpei's lack on committal to any real stance is scummy.

Much better vote than Mastin right now
Unvote; Vote: Junpei
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 1114, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Junpei's lack on committal to any real stance is scummy.

Huh? I think drmyshotgun is scummy. I do not think drmyshotgun is a good lynch today; there are far better options (like Nero). Those are my stances.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'd like to see a full case on Mastin, LLD.

Mastin, I'd like to see a full KK case.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by DeasVail »

The Junpei votes are not good. I may try to post my new reads.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1117, DeasVail wrote:The Junpei votes are not good. I
will
post my new reads.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Actually should I differentiate strong town and weak town, or not? I'm worried about my strong townreads dying.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Strong Town

Psyche-
This is mostly because of his vote on rack.

Code_X-
Ninja was a strong townread and code looks pretty town too.

HezLucky-
I don't like his recent attacks very much, but I still see him as very likely town.

Drmyshotgun-
The mason QT post doesn't seem very likely to be faked to me.

Maxous-
His posting just really feels like it comes from town. Again, I'll only explain further if he's likely to be lynched.

Weak Town

Kublai Khan-
I can't really find anything very scummy about him, but I wouldn't feel comfortable calling him a strong townread, so here he goes.

Scooby-
My idea of him as a player gives me the impression of town. I think he tries harder as scum.

Mini-Lib-
I don't really find anything scummy about him and he does seem fairly townish overall, but still not strong town.

Benmage-
He seems fairly townish I guess.

Nero Cain-
Pretty much just sheeping Antihero here. I don't really think he's scummy either.

LLD-
I was hoping to read her as stronger town, but I don't feel I can.

Junpei-
I don't think him saying that drmy shouldn't be considered confirmed town is scummy. He seems like town to me.

GreyIce-
The circumstances in which he replaced out seem a lot like town to me. I would like to see the replacement, but if the replacement appears town this could very well be a strong townread.

Null-Weak Scum

Fake God-
Jason didn't make much of an impression on me. Fake God is slightly scummy, but I don't have anything strong on him.

Firestarter-
I wasn't sure whether to put him here or weak town, because I don't really know if I think he's scum. I didn't like his rack vote, but I agreed with him thinking Psyche or others were bussing. I still could easily see him as scum though, based on what he's posted so far.

Drmyshottyizsik-
Moving him here because any town read on him is a fair bit weaker than my other weak townreads.

RedFF-
I still don't know.

Mastin2-
I haven't found him very town since my last reads post. Also, his asking about my reads without reasoning from my last reads list was scummy I think because a lot of my reads with text next to them were very vague. His play also just seems less... natural, I suppose.

Scum

Macros-
First, there's nothing about him that makes me think town.
He's much more focused on justifying why he's staying on Benmage than convincing others to vote Benmage too. Also, his talk about the rack wagon seems scummy to me.
As I've said before, Macros' answers to my questions in and are the kind of logical, reasonable answers that scum would think to give, but they aren't actually how I think town would think or react.

Pine-
I like how I explained my scumread on him back in my first reads post: "First off, I don't really find much that's town about him. I don't like his focus on the distancing thing, but I'm not sure that this is alignment-related. I do think that his reaction to pressure on Scooby is scummy, in particular 217, which is more of a justification than I would expect. I think saying that people were ready to lynch scooby and going on about how he hates people who haven't posted getting attacked are exaggerations used to make himself look more reasonable. 222 is off. The answer seems a lot like scum trying to have an appropriate response to the question, while I don't see how town wouldn't say something along the lines of "yeah sure, why not?" Additionally, the vote on Gunny is bad."

Additionally, calling drmyshotgun "definitely newbtown" seems like overcompensation for voting him earlier. I thought it quite possible that shotgun was going for the "too controversial/newb/VI to be scum" angle as scum, so I don't see how someone could go from thinking him likely scum to definitely town. And Pine accusing rack of wanting mod clarification because he wants to fakeclaim is a really bad one.
I'm worried that Pine as scum wouldn't make such bad attacks on rack and shotgun because it would be bound to make him look bad.
Obviously rack wouldn't tell us he was communicating with the mod if it was regarding a fakeclaim. I am questioning how relevant Maxous' point is. I'm starting to think it's not, but I still think Pine is scum.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

@Mod: Mason is a Power-Role. Right?
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 1122, drmyshotgun wrote:
@Mod: Mason is a Power-Role. Right?

Why are you asking this?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you asked the same thing....

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”