UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 10:18 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 824, noraaa wrote:Wow.

Kay I'm back from camping in the woodsies.

Kairryuu you're fucking adorable and totally reconfirmed my belief that Blondie was just a really newb version of me.. Which means that someday I might turn into you which sounds cool.

You said you don't get behind the Mogri action.. I am too tired right now to put it in words really well, but after my last iso of Mogri, if I recall why I picked him over red.. he seemed to be saying a lot of stuff that didn't add up, or that he didn't pursue except superficially, and his emotion level changed a lot imo from "somewhat gung ho" to "fuck it whatever" to "but he did it too". At that point his iso just felt more "dirty" than red's. But, I haven't looked at the game in two days and I'm tired as shit, so everyone is kind of blending together right now. Your post directly contradicts that sentiment about Mogri, and I'm highly inclined to rethink my stance.. after I take a nap and get a fresh head I would like to look back over him.

Mogri, I'd like to see you dig deeper.

Honestly I have like five players that I'm just wondering if they're tagging off cause you never see them at the same time but they're all playing about the same. And either they're all kinda bad at scum or they're just not invested in this game. Which could be either. I'm honestly more wary of the highly competent players because they're harder to catch when scum.

NS I can't get a handle on because he has the tiniest snippets where he almost plays right and I want so badly to hold onto that but.. I can't excuse the rest of it. I feel like he either is barely reading or he tries to twist things he reads, and then (mostly) ignores replies that call him on it.

And yeah, a lot of people have been really skating this game. :<

This post is missing something very important.

In post 825, Hiraki wrote:As much as I'm still
very
on the line about NS.

Vote: Inte

This post cares too much what others think.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 11:14 am

Post by Hiraki »

UberNinja wrote:This post cares too much what others think.
Okay.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count

5 Mogri (TeChNoWC, BK201, Pine, petapan, noraaa) L-3
3 Nobody Special (inte, crypto, UberNinja)
3 inte (Nobody Special, Kairyuu, Hiraki)
1 petapan (Mogri)
0 Kairyuu
0 BK201
0 crypto
0 Hiraki
0 TeChNoWC
0 Matias
0 mb53
0 noraaa
0 Pine
0 UberNinja
0 Psyche

3 Not Voting (mb53, Psyche, Matias)

8 to lynch
Deadline May 24th
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

I
might
be able to reread the thread today.
You can't step in the same river twice.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 822, Kairyuu wrote:
In post 816, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 815, Kairyuu wrote:@Mogri: To be fair, as soon as I had knowledge of mod meta lending itself towards the idea that the game was mountainous I pretty much abandoned the bit you quoted. A history of mountainous Nightless normal games does not ASSURE us that this is the same, but it's not too much of a stretch.

That said, I took the liberty of viewing you in iso, since I believe you appeared at the tail end of the section I read tonight, and I've determined that unless I missed something glaring, the wagon against you is probably shit. I can count two minor points against you, and one of them isn't even indicative of alignment. So yeah, I'm going to have to pay extra special close attention to how your wagon develops.

In other news, as I'm relatively certain that you've been keeping up with the game, I'd like the synopsis I requested in my first post.

Look through much of my postings if you want a third party synopsis. Hopefully it might help, to a degree.

Any other reasons for voting inte? His recent postings seem somewhat 'townish'. You have any leads on why conceding to a Mogri lynch would be a bad idea? Is there any indication he is town, in your reads?

If you'd like to provide a single post, brief synopsis of the game from YOUR perspective, you may feel free. I did, after all, request that one person who is not being voted do so. I'm not going to treat an iso of you as that synopsis. That would just be silly.

(Disclaimer: The following paragraph is written entirely based on the first 10 pages of the game and should not be considered a full or final case by any means)My reasons for voting inte at this point are pretty well summed up in my first big post. To summarize, he comes out of the gate calling himself a "gut player" which is a minor tell in my book due to the fact that if unchallenged it allows him to go after pretty much whoever he wants with little to no explanation. On top of that, he dodges questions, blatantly refuses to elaborate on things he says, and we have the lovely declaration that he's willing to push for the lynch of someone purely because he dislikes the way they move their vote more than he thinks is necessary. Explanation for why that's scummy can be found in the post where I mentioned it first.

I'm not completely sold on lynching inte at this exact moment, but unless the remaining 2/3 of the game have him dramatically changing or someone else becoming an even larger suspect, I see no reason not to be voting him, and will be pushing for his lynch.

I like how you call lynching Mogri "conceding" to his lynch. As for indication that he's town, I believe I made that more than clear in the post you quoted. I went through his iso. His posting is decent. The only point AGAINST him I was able to find is that he cared about how switching his vote at one point would affect his image. But still, that's minor and the rest of his posting in isolation looks pretty good. He's kept a cool head and continued scumhunting while under pressure and at no point has he resorted to shit flinging, attempts to distract from his lynch, or any classic scum methods of eliminating suspicion. Not that I know why he was under suspicion in the first place, but I'll get to that when I can. All in all, he looks like pretty clear cut town to me, and if the rest of my read doesn't change my mind, I will be fighting against his lynch.

Note: This post was written in the small amount of free time I have today. It's unlikely that I will be able to post anything else until at least late tonight, but much more likely sometime tomorrow.

In terms of inte this "...if unchallenged it allows him to go after pretty much whoever he wants with little to no explanation. On top of that, he dodges questions, blatantly refuses to elaborate on things he says, and we have the lovely declaration that he's willing to push for the lynch of someone purely because he dislikes the way they move their vote more than he thinks is necessary", have you not noticed that NS does this a lot more than inte? I have no reason to defend him other than that the reasoning you give fits NS a lot more than inte, and I will consider the fact you have overlooked NS because you are still scrolling through earlier posts.

I disagree that someone declaring themselves as a 'gut player' is a scum tell; myself, crypto, BK and others have all stated at times that our reasons for voting was part logic/ part vibe. Some things come down to experience and can't be explained. The more experienced a player is, the more able they probably are to articulate the reasoning of this vibe, so calling oneself a 'gut player', while it could be used as a scum tactic in the fashion you described, could simply be a brash, inexperienced town unable to articulate their suspicions (and probably having unreasoned, stupid ones). I will make an effort to look back through his postings, but the descriptions you give had me sitting here thinking I wanted to lynch NS over inte, because it sounded like you were talking about NS.

You need to read through my posts, and mogri's recent postings for the case on him. Also look at his vote on 'BBMolla' and tell me that does not look like scum skimming through the posts. He could be right in losing disinterest in the game, but he never said WHY he was disinterested, just used that as a cover, and even with disinterest and little posting manages to fling quick votes on others, something you said was a scumtell.

I am having second thoughts about Mogri, and am considering that NS may be a better lynch today, but inte isn't coming across as scummy to me as he obviously is to you.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 827, Hiraki wrote:
UberNinja wrote:This post cares too much what others think.
Okay.

Uber, contributing thoughts are important, either to help town pick scum, or to help town pick him as scum.

Don't be encouraging people to act like the truckload of non-contributors that are clogging up this game. That's the last thing we need.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by inte »

technowc pretty much hit the nail on the head
i pretty much tunnel if i try to lay down reasoning too hard
until i feel like my read is strong, i wont be able to find reasons to back it up how i feel

also, y'all (cept UberNinja and possibly crypto) dumb. go vote Nobody Special. kids obvi scum
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by noraaa »

UN, what, pray tell is my post missing?

Also you have a lot of little comments about everyone else's posting for someone who doesn't do a lot of digging yourself.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 832, inte wrote:technowc pretty much hit the nail on the head
until i feel like my read is strong, i wont be able to find reasons to back it up how i feel

also, y'all (cept UberNinja and possibly crypto) dumb. go vote Nobody Special.
kids obvi scum

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

UNVOTE:
VOTE: inte

(also nobody special is almost definitely much older than you)
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 834, petapan wrote:
In post 832, inte wrote:technowc pretty much hit the nail on the head

also, y'all (cept UberNinja and possibly crypto) dumb. go vote Nobody Special.
kids obvi scum

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

UNVOTE:
VOTE: inte

(also nobody special is almost definitely much older than you)

Yeah, I read his post and thought, thanks for bigging me up dude but.... massive scumtell lol

I'm abandoning this wagon for now, seems we may have much bigger scum to fry...

Unvote
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by noraaa »

inte, my last game I got so so so much flak for not voting much, esp day 1. I've been slowly getting better at voting more in tune with my reads but seriously. You can't hold onto your vote AND your reads forever. If you don't want to die, that is.

Stop making excuses and step up to the plate. Or die.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 836, noraaa wrote:inte, my last game I got so so so much flak for not voting much, esp day 1. I've been slowly getting better at voting more in tune with my reads but seriously. You can't hold onto your vote AND your reads forever. If you don't want to die, that is.

Stop making excuses and step up to the plate. Or die.

What are you talking about? Inte did vote, he voted for NS, one of the leading wagons.

Not sure he has been holding onto his reads either, though they have been short, said little about why he has said scum reads, and change rapidly. But I can't say that no one else has been doing this either, and some a lot worse.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 833, noraaa wrote:UN, what, pray tell is my post missing?

Also you have a lot of little comments about everyone else's posting for someone who doesn't do a lot of digging yourself.

It's missing a vote. Thought that inference was obvious.

I don't dig myself? Excuse me. Maybe you haven't been reading my posts.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by noraaa »

Why would I have voted there, I already have a vote. In your last post you chastise me a little for not paying attention, but then you do exactly that. Obvious my ass.

And for the matter, there was a discussion going on about inte's voting and reads, and I added to it. He's been using excuses to avoid getting his hands dirty and I gave my say. Don't act like my post was just stuck in the middle of nowhere. You pick at the weirdest shit because it's nothing that you can really back. I think you should try harder to play the game and let go of all the snippy bullshit you seem to be pulling instead. Unless I have your attitude totally misread, and I don't think I do. It's not productive and it doesn't make you look like a badass.

noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by noraaa »

Also, why would a post where I was feeling out my feelings on people, right before I said I'd like to do a reread, be where I'd vote? Don't you think it makes a tooon more sense to vote/change a vote AFTER I re-iso people?

Cause I do.

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 839, noraaa wrote:Why would I have voted there, I already have a vote. In your last post you chastise me a little for not paying attention, but then you do exactly that. Obvious my ass.

And for the matter, there was a discussion going on about inte's voting and reads, and I added to it. He's been using excuses to avoid getting his hands dirty and I gave my say. Don't act like my post was just stuck in the middle of nowhere. You pick at the weirdest shit because it's nothing that you can really back. I think you should try harder to play the game and let go of all the snippy bullshit you seem to be pulling instead. Unless I have your attitude totally misread, and I don't think I do. It's not productive and it doesn't make you look like a badass.

ITS MISSING A VOTE FOR SOMEBODY VERY SPECIFIC.

Excuse my vagueness, but if I had my druthers, I druther you figure it out for yourself and rectify it forthwith.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Post by UberNinja »

I pick at the weirdest shit because it's not obvious shit. If it was, everyone would pick at it.

Also the obvious reason that the weirdest shit = often more scummy than the obvious shit.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 12:00 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 679, mb53 wrote:Crypto on last page looks realy town actually, I have a hard time seeing scum flip-flop like that. Hrm. I really need to put more thought into this game, don't I.

Yeah, you should.

Mod, mb53 should be prodded.

I'm getting sick of the amount of replacements/inactive players in this game. It's as if people want to opt out through the first few lynches/bandwagons and cruise through.

I realise people have lives to attend to, but requesting replacement would be nicer than simply slipping into inactivity until you are either prodded or replaced.

Mb53, if you are town, please hurry the fuck up and act like it, or get out.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 2:55 am

Post by inte »

Kairyuu dropped an amish'd if you guys hadn't notice (twice he mentioned his predecessor actually), and I'd be voting him if NS wasn't being the way he is
Hiraki is pissing me off some , but its not indicative of alignment
noraa is town
UberNinja is town
petapan is barely thinking about his reads
Pine is coasting

anyone else has a lack of activity

go vote Nobody Special
Show

TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:03 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 844, inte wrote:Kairyuu dropped an amish'd if you guys hadn't notice (twice he mentioned his predecessor actually), and I'd be voting him if NS wasn't being the way he is
noraa is town
UberNinja is town
Pine is coasting

go vote Nobody Special

Love how I have a lack of activity, when every third post is mine.

I think we need scumreads again.

Mogri
NS
inte
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 am

Post by inte »

In post 845, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 844, inte wrote:Kairyuu dropped an amish'd if you guys hadn't notice (twice he mentioned his predecessor actually), and I'd be voting him if NS wasn't being the way he is
noraa is town
UberNinja is town
Pine is coasting

go vote Nobody Special

Love how I have a lack of activity, when every third post is mine.

I think we need scumreads again.

Mogri
NS
inte

ok rather than lack of activity, unremarkable, meaning your posts haven't stood out to me at all so i forgot you
Show

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:11 am

Post by UberNinja »

Pine, say something.

mod, please prod everyone
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:24 am

Post by Hiraki »

zzzyisntinteded?
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Post by inte »

In post 848, Hiraki wrote:zzzyisntinteded?

why are you even voting me
Show

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”