NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2274, Maxous wrote:I don't see how OMGL's response is particulary scummy though.

Hmm ok. How do you think scum would respond differently?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

DeasVeil is 100% not reading this thread, since I have never voted Kdowns or him.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:36 pm

In post 2252, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2251, Fallman7 wrote:Ok seeing how this is going I am going to wait untill the next day to put anyone on the choping block. I don't want to assume and get myself in trouble from the get go.

Kill it. Kill it now PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME KILL IT DEAD>

WHY IS NO ONE KILLING THIS SLOT WITH PURGING FIRE?

OH MY FUCKING GOD DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh sorry LLD. That was meant for Mastin. Ugh.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by DeasVail »

And also, I see what you mean, but I don't think it's nearly as conclusively scummy as you think it is.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:41 pm

In post 2279, DeasVail wrote:And also, I see what you mean, but I don't think it's nearly as conclusively scummy as you think it is.

Yes, well. It's also Junpei's slot. That's all anyone needs.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 2277, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2252, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2251, Fallman7 wrote:Ok seeing how this is going I am going to wait untill the next day to put anyone on the choping block. I don't want to assume and get myself in trouble from the get go.

Kill it. Kill it now PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME KILL IT DEAD>

WHY IS NO ONE KILLING THIS SLOT WITH PURGING FIRE?

OH MY FUCKING GOD DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

I am.

In post 2279, DeasVail wrote:And also, I see what you mean, but I don't think it's nearly as conclusively scummy as you think it is.

It's possibly DV is just maf trying to feign stupidity [durr I dont know why he's scummy durrrrrrr]
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2281, HezLucky wrote:It's possibly DV is just maf trying to feign stupidity [durr I dont know why he's scummy durrrrrrr]

Is that what you're doing?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2262, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2259, Nero Cain wrote:Its the only logical fucking explanation. There's no fucking vig. Those shots were terrible. Can a vig be terrible? Sure. Like I said if there were three shots I would buy a terrible vig. But with two shots and most if not all large games being mutli-scum (mafi team, cult, SK) The chances of us having an everyday vig are -99.9%.

You can stop preaching to the choir. It's been clear since before I voted you that I don't see a vig as likely. The reason for my vote is because you said it was a multiball, which I define as two Mafia teams. Not a single Mafia team and a serial killer—two Mafia teams. I have asked you to supply me with a third-party statement that a single Mafia team and a serial killer can constitute a multiball and you have not done so. Until you do this, I consider you to be
outed scum
. The presence or absence of a vig was never relevant as we both disagree there is one—the current argument is a dispute over whether or not a single Mafia team and an SK is a multiball.

I haven't heard back from the mods yet. Starting a GD thread asking how you define multiball doesn't really have anything to do with this game unless I specifically mention it, which I'm not. I just didn't want anyone to accuse me of such. So right after this post I'll do it.

For the record though I think multiball is any game with more than one kill a night from different factions.

I also find it pretty funny that you want
me
to find a statement that states multiball doesn't have to be just two mafia teams but
YOU
can't find a statement that defines multiball as 2 mafia teams and
ONLY
two mafia teams. Shouldn't the burden of proof be on you?

I'm not quire sure if you just really think I'm mafia and you are trying to "catch" me on this regardless if you're wrong or right about the definition of multiball or if you are just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

In post 2267, Maxous wrote:
In post 2209, The Mini-Librarian wrote:@NC: I mean backed off in that I stopped trying to convince you I'm not scum. At this point this seems like a pretty useless endeavor wouldn't you agree? You came off the scum read list for late day 2 play. Don't you have a scumread on FG?
Why demean my scumread on him then?

Can you point out
how
Nero is demeaning your scumread on FG?

Because I don't see it.

He was saying that b/c I have scumreads on both those players that I'm some how weaking his attack on FG.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well it looks like we are both a little wrong and right. Empking says it refers to multiple kills from anti-town (group) factions so the way I interpreted that was it could still be a Cultafia or a group of SK's like Lock Lamora used in his WWE game. The co-mod says that Fonz (who came up with the term) defines it as two scumteams. So I guess you're right though I think its pretty ridiculous that it HAS to be a group kill. A kill is a kill. Doesn't matter if it comes from a group or not. Oh well.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 2078, HezLucky wrote:
In post 2265, StrangerCoug wrote: You may do my request for Nero Cain for him, but unless and until I get a statement from outside of the game made by neither Nero Cain nor me that says a multiball can consist of one Mafia team and a serial killer, my vote is not budging.

For the record this is wrong, what other people define as multi-ball is irrelevant.

It's only important what Nero beleives the term refers to.

I thought the term's meaning was standardized...

In post 2273, DeasVail wrote:Oh yeah, and SC's accusation that only scum would assume it's multiball is not good.

This is not my case on Nero Cain. "Assume" implies that Nero Cain does not know for a fact that this is a multiball—he merely thinks it the most probable. By what he told The Mini-Librarian, it
IS
, thus revealing a certainty about the setup that only scum can have.

In post 2283, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2262, StrangerCoug wrote:For the record though I think multiball is any game with more than one kill a night from different factions.

I also find it pretty funny that you want
me
to find a statement that states multiball doesn't have to be just two mafia teams but
YOU
can't find a statement that defines multiball as 2 mafia teams and
ONLY
two mafia teams. Shouldn't the burden of proof be on you?

Very well then, I will present what leads me to believe that a multiball is a two-scumteam game: Although doing a search for "multiball" on the wiki fails to come up with a page specifically defining the term, these three setups come up, which have in common either two Mafia teams or a Mafia team and a werewolf team; the designation "werewolf" simply being a retheming from Mafia.

In post 2284, Nero Cain wrote:Well it looks like we are both a little wrong and right. Empking says it refers to multiple kills from anti-town (group) factions so the way I interpreted that was it could still be a Cultafia or a group of SK's like Lock Lamora used in his WWE game. The co-mod says that Fonz (who came up with the term) defines it as two scumteams. So I guess you're right though I think its pretty ridiculous that it HAS to be a group kill. A kill is a kill. Doesn't matter if it comes from a group or not. Oh well.

Now that we've established that we were on different pages and have now come to the same one, the fairest thing to do is to UNVOTE: Nero Cain.
VOTE: Fallman7 as promised.
Last edited by PeregrineV on Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Delete the quote tags from Maxous.

~Fixed.
Last edited by PeregrineV on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 2282, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2281, HezLucky wrote:It's possibly DV is just maf trying to feign stupidity [durr I dont know why he's scummy durrrrrrr]

Is that what you're doing?

Please tell me you misread something.

Because if you didn't, you are next. No town is this stupid.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 3-4

(as of Post 2287)

Fallman7 (5)
- redFF, HezLucky, Lady Lambdadelta, , OhGodMyLife, StrangerCoug
kdowns (4)
- Maxous, Fallman7, mastin2, Code_X
FakeGod (2)
- The Mini-Librarian, Nero Cain
OhGodMyLife (1)
- DeasVail
Nero Cain (1)
- FakeGod
maxwell (1)
- Benmage

Not Voting (4)
- kdowns, maxwell, Psyche, scooby

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Deadline:
Friday, June 1, 2012 4pm CDT

Replacing:

scooby

Prods:

maxwell

V/LAs:

RedFFMay 26
DeasVailMay 26
The Mini-LibrarianMay 28
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2285, StrangerCoug wrote:
Very well then, I will present what leads me to believe that a multiball is a two-scumteam game: Although doing a search for "multiball" on the wiki fails to come up with a page specifically defining the term, these three setups come up, which have in common either two Mafia teams or a Mafia team and a werewolf team; the designation "werewolf" simply being a retheming from Mafia.

I did the same thing, though in my defense I see people in games yell, anytime there are multiple nightkills, "THIS IS MULTIBALL!!!". So I though it refereed to any game with multiple killing factions and was a "catch all" type phrase like scum is.

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by maxwell »

sorry for my inactivity, I've been busier than I thought I would be but I'm going to at least get some partial reading in tonight and post content.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

andrew94 replaces scooby
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 2275, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2274, Maxous wrote:I don't see how OMGL's response is particulary scummy though.

Hmm ok. How do you think scum would respond differently?

idk.
Not saying it is a town looking response, he just said he is'nt responding because there is nothing from the line to respond to.

I guess more to the point is how you expected town to react to the statement.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Hi guys. reading through thread, might take awhile. any summaries?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2292, Maxous wrote:Not saying it is a town looking response, he just said he is'nt responding because there is nothing from the line to respond to.

Which is a response?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by andrew94 »

page 1-10

hezlucky - what do you mean by leading questions

Nihilsitc ninja (code X)
-talks and answerss for lady lambdadelta a lot.. too much

nero
- doenst wanna look up game. null
mastin
-on your post 260, what did you mean by junpei and Qt???
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Post by maxwell »

I've read the posts on this day, skimmed some ISOs of the leading wagons but can't do more as my eyes are getting heavy.

FakeGod > kdowns > fallman, in terms of lynches I support right now based on limited information.

FakeGod's voting has been pretty blatantly opportunistic, and I don't see any real attempts to scumhunt from him, just dropping votes while occasionally giving weak defenses of players.

kdowns is similar in the lack of even pretending to be doing something, and the player he replaced was scummier than the player fakegod replaced, but missing that pine is dead seems vaguely townie - like it's a stupid uneducated guess, rather than a premeditated statement.

I thought junpei's reaction to pressure was screamingly obvious town, and I don't like how the wagon is going on him. Feels lazy. Can elaborate on this.

LLD
- why do you want to want to lynch fallman before he's even had a chance to catch up? Granted, I get the feeling he's not going to be useful at all, but I don't see the need to rush things.

fakegod is most likely to get a vote from me when i'm up on everything, too tired to get through right now though.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Andrew:
Sorry, but I don't really know what to tell you. Not much has happened really.

Maxwell:
What did you find scummy about Macros?
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by maxwell »

his only vote was on benmage and it was justified with him "overreacting" and "trying to lead town", the second of which is a personal peeve of mine that tends to get thrown out by clueless scum.

Granted, I haven't actually read benmage to see the posts in question he's referring to, so I might change my mind, but as it is the way macros made his points was scummy in and of itself.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 1:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

About OGML's recent post:

It demonstrates that his attitude to my suspicion of him is based upon the fact that there is ~seemingly~ nothing behind it. For some reason, he feels the need to mention it, dismiss it, and make a show of the fact that I don't have any solid reasoning behind it and that gives him the right to ignore me.

Town does not think like that.

Town would instead think about what my vote on them indicates regarding my alignment. I don't know if I'm able to explain it right, but I basically feel that it comes from a scum attitude- wanting to look town by making a somewhat snarky response (except it doesn't actually say anything), which does not at all seem like how town would respond to it.

Maybe I'll be able to explain it better when I'm less tired, but hopefully someone gets how I feel.

I'll probably go through his and firestarter's posts again at some point as well, but I urge everyone to consider OGML as scum and give thoughts on him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”