NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

!!!! I've done it!

But reading through is only half the battle. I need to follow up on my hunches.

By the way, there's no way in hell I'm self-voting after reading through 116 pages.
You can't step in the same river twice.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by DLG »

In post 2885, Code_X wrote:DLG I purely unvoted because I hadn't read the thread. Something I always do when replacing in is unvote, read then vote, alas day ended before I read.

Fair enough. Makes sense.

My concern was with how NihilisticNinja - now you - had played. From pre-game on through, NihilisticNinja was hard core defending Lady Lambdadelta. Then, NihilisticNinja voted rack. This vote stayed until Firestarter - OhGodMyLife - came in and voted rack.

NihilisticNinja wrote:Also, firestarter's post is awful. Almost all of it is IIoA that desperately tries to look like content, and the rest is base reads that are contradicted by the vote.

Also, redFF- I'd be willing to join a counterwagon. Who do you think it should be on?

NihilisticNinja was the third player to jump on Firestarter for his post. Then, NihilisticNinja actually placed the first Firestarter vote. This speaks to your slot as town, but it could have been distancing.

My question to you revolved around why take your vote off the Firestarter slot, or rather if that was part of your unvote.

Eh, nothing to that, I guess. However, the Lady Lambdadelta connection to your slot remains a big concern. I recognize you can't speak to why NihilisticNinja did that, but the burden remains.

@ RachMarie

Being Cop does not absolve you of being involved. You're out, and you have Doc protection for another night. No excuses for lying low. Who's scum? Why?

@ Benmage

I see the point about StrangerCoug derailing the OhGodMyLife wagon. Joining the wagon, then derailing when it gets to critical mass is decent scum strategy.

As for the rest, I'm not impressed.

What happened to your desire to lynch maxwell? Still interested?

Benmage wrote:Post like this:

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4155659]post 2871[/url], Psyche wrote:That it was so long ago is what makes it okay to laugh at it.

Here's what's been happening to me this game:
I joined it because I was looking for a fast mafia fix.
But found it to be far more active than what I was used to. And on top of that, I found that this and the assortment of players in the game was making the whole thing a chore.
And then when school concerns took over, the thread grew enormously and I struggled to grasp the motivation and passion to read and analyze such an overwhelming load.
I asked to replace out, and almost made it out, but a missent PM by Peregrine and guilt over the whole thing had me running back.
But I still couldn't get over that readthrough hump, and school was only getting more hectic.
Once school was over, I was in a Game with more pages than I had ever been asked to handle before. And I still lacked willpower.
So I just whittled my time away and ignored the game, feeling guilty but trapped every moment of it...And here we are.

I've ruined myself. I've set myself up for failure.
But now I'll try to make up for it, at least a little.
Or maybe I'll just give up, overdue-like. Eh.

Benmage's case on me is him trying to frame that which is a whole lot of nothing. I don't see I can be accused of anything except of absolutely nothing.

DONT COME FROM SCUM. Because than the person would be the biggest douchebag ever. And noone wants to actually be a douchebag. This is just a defeated townie. This isn't lying scum.

What his tactic was to tactically lurk? And than play this apathetic card? No... he's a sad pathetic, undeserving player.... but this lynch is atrocious.

This could as easily be defeated scum.

All the AtE is vomit inducing. The litany of, "Gonna provide something fellas, jus' gimme a li'l bit longer"
is
tactical lurking. And, really, what other card could he play? The best chance he's got is to blame off his lack of contribution as apathy. It's something virtually everyone can empathize with. Psyche is quite capable of deliberately offering this kind of defense as scum.

Psyche wrote:
Benmage's
DLG's
case on me is him trying to frame that which is a whole lot of nothing. I don't see I can be accused of anything except of absolutely nothing.

Well, as an exercise in conciseness, that sums it all up pretty well. You've done absolutely nothing, and that makes it more difficult for Town to win. Ergo, you are scum. Oh, and don't forget, you weren't nearly so apathetic when I pressured you at the start of Day 4.

If you were just guiltily whittling away your time in this game, where'd the self-defense motivation come from?

I see another in a long string of promises that have yet to be fulfilled. Get your reads on the record so we have them after your scum flip.

Rejoice, for you will soon be released from the interminable trial that is this game.

Psyche wrote:By the way, there's no way in hell I'm self-voting after reading through 116 pages

WTF?

Who even suggested you would?

That looks like a message to scumbuddies.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Psyche »

You think people with scumbuddies are still in this game? That seems unlikely.

You should read harder. I said I'd self vote in 24 hours. Then I changed it to 48 hours. Because 117 pages cannot be read and analyzed in 24 hours.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Psyche »

Well, as an exercise in conciseness, that sums it all up pretty well. You've done absolutely nothing, and that makes it more difficult for Town to win. Ergo, you are scum. Oh, and don't forget, you weren't nearly so apathetic when I pressured you at the start of Day 4.

No, it means I'm antitown. Got your vocabulary mixed up, there. It's a shame I can't accuse you of doing this deliberately. Oh well!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by Psyche »

If you were just guiltily whittling away your time in this game, where'd the self-defense motivation come from?

I see another in a long string of promises that have yet to be fulfilled. Get your reads on the record so we have them after your scum flip.

Rejoice, for you will soon be released from the interminable trial that is this game.

If I get mislynched, then that'd be an epic fail. Preventing myself from getting lynched is the least I can do for you guys.

I'm definitely not, nor ever was I, apathetic to this game. If it were, I'd just leave.

A more appropriate word would be, "hopelessly overwhelmed". But I'm good now. I've got the thread read. And that feels goood.

But seriously. You think the scumteam's bigger than 4 people? I'm not used to such a high number. How many do you think are in this game, besides an SK? I need to know this stuff.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by Psyche »

And I'm toootally not getting lynched today. Unless it's done really quick. >.>
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Post by maxwell »

Re-reading some things. Waiting to see what Psyche has to say before I vote. Sorry for being prod-dodgish I just don't want to say too much at this point in time.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 2902, Psyche wrote:You think people with scumbuddies are still in this game? That seems unlikely.

Four Mafia goons in a 24-player game would make up a sixth of the game. I'm open to the possibility that there's one Mafia and one SK left but I'm willing to bet on a five-player Mafia team and an SK.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:27 am

Post by DLG »

In post 2904, Psyche wrote:But seriously. You think the scumteam's bigger than 4 people? I'm not used to such a high number. How many do you think are in this game, besides an SK? I need to know this stuff.

I don't know, but I do know that an initial 18 v 3 v 3 distribution doesn't seem out of the question. It would also explain some things I just can't reconcile, like my scum read on Benmage despite very good evidence that he is almost assuredly not part of the "Mafia" team.

I guess I just don't know why Serial killer is the only option being considered. Obviously, another Mafia flip, or a SK flip, would settle this pretty definitively.
In post 2906, maxwell wrote:Re-reading some things. Waiting to see what Psyche has to say before I vote. Sorry for being prod-dodgish I just don't want to say too much at this point in time.

Ummmm, yeah, o.k., this is like you striving to jump ahead of Psyche on the "lynch me" scale.

Hey, Psyche, I'd totally sheep you on a maxwell wagon.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2892, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2888, Benmage wrote:Ah here's the post that makes me chuckle at the notion I could be scum... I suggest lynching one scum, and vigging the other.... Yep totally partners... What did SC want, oh yeah 2 town. Me and Hezz.

In post 2760, Benmage wrote:
In post 2754, VisMaior wrote:So who should I target then?

How about Fakegod or OGML...whichever doesn't eat rope. SO we can analyze both competing wagons.

Show where you posted cases on FakeGod and OhGodMyLife. Bussing two scum is perfectly conceivable.

Here is me explaining how I voted OGML to Maxous:
post 2621

Here is the bulleted case:
In post 2672, Benmage wrote:
@SC
my vote in a nutshell"

1. Both Firestarter and OGML slot call LLD town. (Wanting to make their GF look good imo)
2. OGML's voting pattern shitty. (Tunnels on June)
3. Buddy's me calling me town when most either complained about my activity or actively sought my lynch. (Wanting town cred post my flip)
4. LLD keeps OGML in the null sections, a classic scum move for a buddy.

And if you want to lynch a slot that hasn't done much altogether. There ya go.

As for FakeGod if you think this is an interaction between two scum partners….well than… you have nothing to complain about when you hang tonight:
My demand:
post 2746
His response:
post 2788
post 2789
The result:
post 2791
post 2792
post 2793
Then you done with your rodeo crusade of derailing OGML by voting Hezz, easily capitulate to FG. Resulting in his lynch.

Now also I suggest the killing of two scum:

In post 2760, Benmage wrote:
In post 2754, VisMaior wrote:So who should I target then?

How about Fakegod or OGML...whichever doesn't eat rope. SO we can analyze both competing wagons.

You suggest two town:
In post 2755, StrangerCoug wrote:Whichever of Benmage and HezLucky doesn't get the rope. (If neither, your choice.)

In post 2892, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2890, Benmage wrote:-His counterproductive mentality.

Show how my mentality is counterproductive.

You derail a LEAD WAGON ON A SCUM POWERROLE. To backup you threat at Hezzlucky. Your 24 hour demand. BUT ONE VOTE IS NOTHING. ITS SHit. I called you out. Redff called you out. You're too experienced for shit like that. And when I call you out, you say "I'm next" OMFG ROFLMAO. I'm next. ONE VOTE DOES NOTHING!

****** When a wagon on scum, is at a PINNACLE point, then is not the time to act tough backing up your shitty demands.

What did it do? Right, it derailed the OGML scum PR wagon. GOOD JOB CAUGHT SCUM.

In post 2894, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2893, Benmage wrote:So I show you it... But I could still be scum bussing.. so whats the point? :roll: :roll:

The point is that it's WIFOM. So you nailed two scum. That does not itself make you town.

YES, weigh me in totality, it is baffling that I am not your #1 town read, let alone A SCUMREAD!

In post 2894, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2892, StrangerCoug wrote:-Stubborness on common practices. I.E. SCUM DO TARGET LURKERS.

Where did I say they didn't?

HERE:
In post 2546, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2543, Benmage wrote:
SC
, do you agree that there is a common practice amongst scum to lurker hunt?

No.

In post 2894, StrangerCoug wrote: but any way you slice the bird, there are still worse crimes.

What are you referring to? You're attack on Hezz? The max ogml connection thing you're pushing. Meh, not worse imo.

AND LETS SEE A BULLET AS TO WHY I AM SCUM.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:37 am

Post by Benmage »

@RachMarie

Yesterday when you asked who to investigate, and I said myself/psyche, and both max's....

And SC said one of the lurkers...

WHY did you choose DV? (Arguably the strongest town read out there)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Benmage »

@StrangerCoug

You've been pushing me and Hezz as scum for days.... Why do you think you're still alive?

You mention 5 scum and a SK as the likely setup. Lineup the town, and known powerroles both claimed and dead, and give me what you think the setup is. Including potential scum PR. (For example I wouldn't be surprised if a 5 man scum team had say a Mafia cop, and the SK was inv immune, and had a BPV(1shot)).

I want to see YOUR opinion on balance.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Benmage »

TL/DR
version why SC is scum:
-Stubbornness on old reads despite new information.
-Nitpicking when attacking, shit questions towards myself, and Hezz.
-False statements. (Lurker reference)
--Consistently attacking low hanging fruit. I.E Strong focus on lurkers.
***Derailing of the OGML scum PR wagon to 'Posture' his bullshit, useless attack on Hezz. Compounded with Fakegods, kamikaze play fully saved a scum PR.

I WANT TO SEE everyone give their opinion on why they AREN't voting SC IN THEIR NEXT POST.
(of course voting SC is a simpler option)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Benmage »

TL/DR
version why SC is scum:
-Stubbornness on old reads despite new information.
-Nitpicking when attacking, shit questions towards myself, and Hezz.
-False statements. (Lurker reference)
--Consistently attacking low hanging fruit. I.E Strong focus on lurkers.
***Derailing of the OGML scum PR wagon to 'Posture' his bullshit, useless attack on Hezz. Compounded with Fakegods, kamikaze play fully saved a scum PR.

I WANT TO SEE everyone give their opinion on why they AREN't voting SC IN THEIR NEXT POST.
(of course voting SC is a simpler option)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:55 am

Post by Benmage »

EDBWOP:

For SC:
*** -Classic scum read positions. Town as his #1 suspects, but keeps scum partners as weaker reads, to still get cred. Classic scumtell.
-Sheeping now onto Pysche, a fucking obvious apathetic town. SC as a more experienced player should recognize this commonality.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Psyche »

This game is proof that VCA has merit. I can't wait until I have the science behind it down!

I'm not voting SC yet because I've not finished my analysis yet. But currently he has not been ruled out yet (i.e., no strong town reads present).
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:03 am

Post by Psyche »

S'pose Ben
could
be the SK.

I'll just focus on finding the last(?) mafioso. >.>
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:12 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 2439, OhGodMyLife wrote:Not knowing who had been (mis)lynched. The tone of his posts. My gut is just screaming town. I also thought he was taking credit for the LLD kill but his vt claim nullifies that point.

This strongly reads as scum whiteknighting town.

I mean, scum don't usually stick their neck out like this for their buddies, do they?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Yes I already mentioned OGML's odd stance/buddying with me when most people either found me useless or scummy. I said it was likely looking for postflip cred.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 2288, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote Count 3-4

(as of Post 2287)

Fallman7 (5)
- redFF, HezLucky, Lady Lambdadelta, , OhGodMyLife, StrangerCoug
kdowns (4)
- Maxous, Fallman7, mastin2, Code_X
FakeGod (2)
- The Mini-Librarian, Nero Cain
OhGodMyLife (1)
- DeasVail
Nero Cain (1)
- FakeGod
maxwell (1)
- Benmage

Not Voting (4)
- kdowns, maxwell, Psyche, scooby

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Deadline:
Friday, June 1, 2012 4pm CDT

Replacing:

scooby

Prods:

maxwell

V/LAs:

RedFFMay 26
DeasVailMay 26
The Mini-LibrarianMay 28

In post 2296, maxwell wrote:I've read the posts on this day, skimmed some ISOs of the leading wagons but can't do more as my eyes are getting heavy.

FakeGod > kdowns > fallman, in terms of lynches I support right now based on limited information.

FakeGod's voting has been pretty blatantly opportunistic, and I don't see any real attempts to scumhunt from him, just dropping votes while occasionally giving weak defenses of players.

kdowns is similar in the lack of even pretending to be doing something, and the player he replaced was scummier than the player fakegod replaced, but missing that pine is dead seems vaguely townie - like it's a stupid uneducated guess, rather than a premeditated statement.

I thought junpei's reaction to pressure was screamingly obvious town, and I don't like how the wagon is going on him. Feels lazy. Can elaborate on this.

LLD
- why do you want to want to lynch fallman before he's even had a chance to catch up? Granted, I get the feeling he's not going to be useful at all, but I don't see the need to rush things.

fakegod is most likely to get a vote from me when i'm up on everything, too tired to get through right now though.

With the first quote as the current vote count, maxwell singles out the less supported scum option as his preferred lynch-of-the-day. What are the chances that this is bussing?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:21 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 2300, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Did Maxwell just try and save the claimed scum from dying today?

You can die too. Who did you replace, Maxwell?

And then Lady responds viciously.

In post 2327, maxwell wrote:
In post 2303, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Holy Fuck I'm not doing this deadline lynch bullshit again.

Junpei was scum.

Fallman CLAIMED SCUM IN HIS FIRST POST. THAT POST ONLY HAS SCUM MOTIVATION. SURVIVALISM IS A SCUM MOTIVATED PLAY.

HE DIDN'T SAY "LET ME SCUM HUNT". HE EXPLICTLY SAID HE WOULDN'T!

WE ARE LYNCHING FALLMAN TODAY. I WON'T LET SCUM DERAIL THIS LYNCH!

He's pretty blatantly a dumb newbie and you're driving this way too hard on far too simplistic terms.

Do you think this looks like scumbud vs. scumbud?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Benmage »

I would say, as a previous strong advocate against maxwell, there are others I'm more concerned with at the moment.

As for that piece, it could go either way. In that scenario, Fallman replaced into a heavily scrutinized position. And so a potential scum max could be calling for his partners head primarily, knowing the unlikely chance of him being lynched that day, while still being able to get future credit.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2920, Psyche wrote:
In post 2327, maxwell wrote:
In post 2303, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Holy Fuck I'm not doing this deadline lynch bullshit again.

Junpei was scum.

Fallman CLAIMED SCUM IN HIS FIRST POST. THAT POST ONLY HAS SCUM MOTIVATION. SURVIVALISM IS A SCUM MOTIVATED PLAY.

HE DIDN'T SAY "LET ME SCUM HUNT". HE EXPLICTLY SAID HE WOULDN'T!

WE ARE LYNCHING FALLMAN TODAY. I WON'T LET SCUM DERAIL THIS LYNCH!

He's pretty blatantly a dumb newbie and you're driving this way too hard on far too simplistic terms.

Do you think this looks like scumbud vs. scumbud?

No, thats a good point for town maxwell.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Psyche »

He does delay a fakegod vote for a bit, even voting andrew in between...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 2440, Maxous wrote:Okay so, if I was to start pushing fakegod again would anybody help me?
Would rather it than benmage.
Benmage is acceptable if it comes to it (did he ever explain why he felt so strongly about lld?).

Was thinking tml but with that claim it would'nt be a good idea.

In post 786, Benmage wrote:Not from my phone, but BS has been his lead suspect for the last two days.

Percy and I are the two most experienced people here, true or false?

The most experienced should be leading, or trying to if they're town. (Not obviously blind to others logic) true or false?

Got a bit of a laugh from this comment :P

I will have time tomorrow to properly look at things with LLD.
Most of the rest of the playerlist is a jumble of null and nullish.

Ofc maxous is only testing the waters here, but he's the one who brought up the Fakegod lynch idea.

In post 2553, Maxous wrote:
vote:FakeGod

Still going for this. Fake God is constantly saying nothing and just popping down votes without explaining anything.
The only opinion he gave apart from his votes was stating that shotgun should'nt be confirmed town.
Jason was pretty scummy too with his walls that were very lacking in substansial opinions. (the only thing was psyche-scum for not answering questions and benmage-scum because benmage said he was'nt gonna read mastin's walls iirc.)

Plausible scumbuddy with lld imo. Nero asked LLD for an opinion of FG 4 times he said and she did'nt answer that she thought it would be a distraction from the Junpei wagon?
How? She was'nt exactly calling FG scum.
Her opinion on Jason was "town as he gets" due to meta or something for the record.
The only other mention was 'I'll have a look at him' at the end of D3.

Psyche might actually be a buddy. LLD calls him null town, states she did'nt like firestarter's scum-read on him.
The only other mention is telling him to start being useful or 'get dead' whatever.
And told Nero she would ISO Psyche to see if she could justify the suspicion on him. She never went back to it though, even though Psyche well, just done the same thing as always.
That little back and forth looked like a weak attempt at distancing imo.

OGML, maybe. She was on the fence really regarding Firestarter.
Bit interesting that LLD did actually go back and ISO Firestarter when Nero asked her for an opinion on him though, in contrast to psyche and FG. Meh.

Nothing else stood out to me much apart from the whole thing with Red.

Eventually posts this, which is Maxous pioneering (starting off) the Fakegod wagon for the Day.

So he seems cleared...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”