MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:18 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 144, Tangion wrote:Wow the days seem to be going by to fast I need to do a more in depth read through

What happened to that read you said you were going to do?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:55 am

Post by Arugula »

@MoI
Not everything I do is scummy. I don't know why you have a vendetta against me this game, but you are wrong so stop tunneling my posts.
Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:10 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Arugula makes a good lynch subject Day 3.

and maybe no one is reading this, so I will do what MoI did:

ARUGULA, VE, and TANGION: READS ON ME, EMPKING and TF.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides that:

In post 124, nhammen wrote:VE, a few things. 1) Your claim does not quite confirm you as town. There are alternatives. But until we have reason to believe these alternatives are in the game, I have no problem considering you confirmed town for the time being. 2) Stop arguing with Salamance over this D1 stuff. Salamance was asking Emp for reasons that he thought your statement was fake. This wasn't lining up lynches, it was checking if Empking was sincere. 3) mcqueen was trying to policy lynch the godfather. That's not a kind of bussing I've ever seen.

Quoting this for reference.

In post 128, mcqueen wrote:I feel loved. <3

Also, besides the Salamence wagon, to base whoever it was's alignment off of his [Slamence] flip, all other wagons are complete shit. They are based off tiny spokes of land, leading off an island, not a huge boat sitting right in the docks. They seem almost "third party votes," meaning they are based off of an already controversial lynch. This reasoning seems pure shit to me, as finding out what someone is, to not find out what someone else is, won't help us find out what whoever it was (the person I can't remember above) is. Not worth it.

We are going to lynch Salamence for -
  • A. To base whoever it was's alignment off of his flip.
    OR
  • B. Because he's scummy.

And we are going to -
  • A. Not lynch "third party votes."
    AND
  • B. Lynch actual scum.

Someone please tell me, if I am town, what info do you get from it? MoI? Empking? Both could still be scum if I am town, which I am.

In post 129, PMysterious wrote:I'm afraid mcqueen is right. Salamence20 is the wagon of choice for this game day.

VOTE: Salamence20

Scum jumping on the Sala wagon.

In post 149, Empking wrote:
In post 148, PMysterious wrote:
In post 146, nhammen wrote:
In post 143, PMysterious wrote:
In post 141, Arugula wrote:@MoI
How am I buddying to you? I think Salamence expected you to be the kill, and said, "Oh, man, MoI died!" because he thought you died. Obviously, scum doesn't kill scum, so you would be pretty much considered town if Salamence flips scum.

And what makes that distancing as opposed to everything else that has been posted about Salamence?

What if both are town or scum? I bet you haven't thought of that yet.

Ummm... he just gave a legitimate argument for why they aren't both scum, and you quoted it... And he has never said they aren't both town. So, what was this?

Just a question I had in mind for Arugula. That's all.

FOS: PM
- That's the most pathetic rebuttal I've ever heard. (I'm half surprised it didn't end with "that's my opinion. You can't judge an opinion."

Agree with this, I really think Empking is town.

In post 157, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 156, Toon Fighter wrote:
In post 155, Salamence20 wrote:Well MoI, I would probably say I would be more careful of my posts if I was actually scum, but since i have yet to be scum, I really don't know what to expect from scumsala. Town Sala is more reckless on posting.

Again, if I was scum, I would probably lurk more and double (triple) check my posts as scum.

Pure WIFOM. Also, your claim doesn't make me wanna lynch you less. My vote will continue on you. We already have 2 mafia dead, and your lynch could give us precious information for next day (even if you flip town).

Well please tell me what information you get from me being town.

SOMEONE ANSWER THIS!!!!!

In post 169, mcqueen wrote:
Sala is scum
MoI I hate walls.

Misguided Town. And lazy.

In post 174, PMysterious wrote:Well, Empking seems to be the best lynch but Salamence20 seems to be decent. I hate it when I have to make up my mind.

UNVOTE:

More PMScum

In post 224, mcqueen wrote:@MagnaOfIllusion - No.

VOTE: MagnaOfIllusion

The funny thing is, that I see MoI as town, so that makes McQueen very misguided town. But what would truly be funny is that if MoI flipped scum. Doubt it, but possible.

Funny thing is, he wanted me lynched for information, so what does an MoI flip tell anyone?
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:57 am

Post by Arugula »

Scum, null-scum, null.
Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by McStab »

In post 273, Tangion wrote:I still wanna see rofl hang I dont have any other strong reads

Why do you want to see rofl hang? What makes him a strong read as opposed to everyone else?
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by nhammen »

In post 252, MagnaofIllusion wrote:That’s kind of my point … you can find situations where scum were bussed Day 1. You can find situations where powerful scum roles were bussed. But I’ve never seen a speed-lynch on a powerful scum role with every single partner bussing. I went through my Wiki to see if I could find a game that matches this circumstance and came up blank.

Closest thing I could come up with was Buffy Mafia where obv-scum iStark was power-bussed by both GreyICE and camn Day 1 after I busted him on page 1. He was a Goon so he doesn’t meet the PowerRole profile and it was a small game. Every other Day 1 scum lynch I found was not proliferated with partners.

I think the only way that wagon has significant scum on it is if we are in Multiball which we will not know til after a few days or another color Mafia flip.

Meh, I don't agree with this though. I can say that when I play as scum, I do not base my votes on a wagon around whether my partners are on that wagon, unless I know that a powerful town player likes your kind of VCA, in which case I do things to mess with that VCA. If I was scum, and I saw Prescending crashing hard like that, I would either have joined the wagon, or told everyone that he was obv VI and the people voting him were going for an easy lynch. I'm not sure which of those I would have done, but I can say I almost certainly would not have ignored the wagon.

In post 252, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Empking wrote:No.
I am suggesting that Pres' vote on ROFL seems out of character for Pres and suggests a connection between him and Rofl
(a scum connection considering the day of the lynch and his flip) this is compounded by the fact that ROFL was the quicklyncherbut that isn't the main point.

The bolded is fluffly language garbage. Out of character? That’s meaningless drivel.

I also disagree with this, although I disagree with Empking as well on this point. For instance, if you know a player always OMGUSes as town, and this player is wagoned, and votes someone off the wagon, that is a clear scumtell, and indicates a connection to either the person he vote for, or someone that person made comments about. Emking's claim is that Prescending is "obviously" such a player. I disagree with him, but if you agree with the premise, then one of sala or rofl is probably scum. I'm somewhat concerned with why he keeps bringing up rofl, and ignoring the possibility that prescending was chainsawing. Given his premise, he should be considering that a possibility as well.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 280, nhammen wrote:I'm somewhat concerned with why he keeps bringing up rofl, and ignoring the possibility that prescending was chainsawing. Given his premise, he should be considering that a possibility as well.

(its because i was exactly right in my first post of the day and empking and sala are the two remaining scum)
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by Velazanth »

In post 271, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
HEY VELANZANTH – WHY ARE YOU IGNORING QUESTIONS?

I put this bold and right at the top so you couldn’t possible miss it. I don’t like being ignored. Answer the following –

We already have 2 Mafia dead and a claimed Vig. Why are you worrying about him making it to endgame (and by this I assume you mean LYLO ) with these facts?

The him in question is of course Sala.

Also …

Velaz wrote: Yes, actually. And let me tell you why. The day after I make a post I come back to the thread to find us locked into night already. I missed out on the entire wagon, and had I been involved in discussion, he probably would have been gone much sooner.

What is this? Rofl is scum for not asking for a claim (and not extending the day) but had you been on you would have lynched him faster?

Please explain how this isn’t Cognitive Dissonance?

--

Sorry bro, didn't catch the question for some reason.

A. I'm not. And at this point I won't be shocked when he flips scum. His play is incredibly spontaneous, and it reeks of newbie. But since I don't get to pull the trigger, I can only point out what a fantastic lynch candidate he is. Tangentially related, I have my own thoughts about the D2 Vig claim that I don't want to share with the class just yet.

B. No, Rofl is scum because of his unique relationship with said Godfather and the hilarious amount of bad that was his D1.

Shall we? His first four posts in iso:

In post 6, roflcopter wrote:
vote: visceraeyes

the guy he replaced was mad scummy

In post 29, roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: salamence

to the moon!

In post 73, roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: prescending

new world record for fastest scum lynch

In post 99, roflcopter wrote:page three hammer on the godfather, one for the record books

17 player game, 2 scum down, most likely 2 scum left. i'm calling salamence and empking right now, with more certainty on empking. he entirely ignored the already burgeoning prescending wagon on his entry to the game yesterday and instead spent his time undermining other people's townreads and uselessly sparring with now confirmed town ve. his vote on me looks like it was preplanned overnight.
there are good reasons to think sal is scum (including pres chainsaw defending him by voting me for my vote on him) but he also kept his vote on and called for a pres lynch at l-1 when he could have just as easily derailed the wagon, thus my higher certainty on emp.

vote: empking

will switch to sal if its the will of the mob

viscera, nhammen and mcqueen should basically be considered confirmed town. moi too if sal flips scum.

@emp, what about his interaction with me don't you like, specifically, and what about the vc is eyebrow raising, specifically.

Let's break this down.

#6 (Post 0): Perfectly normal RVS vote.
#29 (Post 1): Jumps the Sala wagon third with absolutely no explanation, after my initial vote, followed by Toog.
#73 (Post 2): A nice shiny fuckin Hammer Bus.
#99 (Post 3): D2 jump into IIoA, and offers a wilting vote to the will of the mob.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

VOTE: Rofl
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 281, roflcopter wrote:
In post 280, nhammen wrote:I'm somewhat concerned with why he keeps bringing up rofl, and ignoring the possibility that prescending was chainsawing. Given his premise, he should be considering that a possibility as well.

(its because i was exactly right in my first post of the day and empking and sala are the two remaining scum)

This guy needs to die and when he flips scum me and empking are town
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 282, Velazanth wrote:Let's break this down.

#29 (Post 1): Jumps the Sala wagon third with absolutely no explanation, after my initial vote, followed by Toog.
#99 (Post 3): D2 jump into IIoA, and offers a wilting vote to the will of the mob.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

how on
earth
is that information instead of analysis. do you even understand that tell?

altogether you're just being outrageously dense, which is why i've been ignoring you and will continue ignoring you.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 283, Salamence20 wrote:

i loled
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 285, roflcopter wrote:
In post 283, Salamence20 wrote:

i loled

so according to you i'm scum because i bussed the godfather day one without pretense but anything i say today can not be distancing or bussing in any way? nice one bro
soi soi soi

Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by Velazanth »

Also, Sala is almost assuredly scum.

You're right it's not IIoA, I mispoke. But I still think you stink.

I'll tell you what, let's lynch Sala and I'll let you know if I still think you're scum in the morning.
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by nhammen »

In post 282, Velazanth wrote:Let's break this down.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Your comment on #73 is the only one that is actually a point, and even that is not likely at all. In effect, your case is nonexistent.

Velazanth wrote:Also, Sala is almost assuredly scum.

You're right it's not IIoA, I mispoke. But I still think you stink.

I'll tell you what, let's lynch Sala and I'll let you know if I still think you're scum in the morning.

What do you think sala's alignment tells you about rofl?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Vote Count 8

Salamence20 - 2( Arugula,Toon Fighter)
roflcopter - 4(Empking, Tangion, Salamence20, Velazanth)
Empking - 3(roflcopter, MagnaOfIllusion, VisceraEyes)
MagnaOfIllusion - 1(mcqueen)
PMysterious - 1(McStab)
ToonFighter - 1 (nhammen)

Not Voting - 2(Toogeloo, PMysterious)

14 alive, takes 8 to lynch.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:47 am

MOD – I will be LA from 4:30pm EDT today until Monday morning for my usual weekend family duties

@Empking
– Since you haven’t done it yet I’m altering my request to you to find Godfathers who were Power-bussed Day 1 to also include Roleblockers (as they are pretty powerful to scum also) to give you an even wider range of possible lynches to collect.

--

Sala wrote: This guy needs to die and when he flips scum me and empking are town

And what if he flips Town. You both still can be scum, right? [/off sarcasm]

Seriously you can’t have been attacking that sort of logic when it applies to you and then turn around and try to use it on someone else.

Are you scum Sala? Am I giving you too much Newb credit?

--

Velaz wrote: A. I'm not. And at this point I won't be shocked when he flips scum. His play is incredibly spontaneous, and it reeks of newbie. But since I don't get to pull the trigger, I can only point out what a fantastic lynch candidate he is. Tangentially related, I have my own thoughts about the D2 Vig claim that I don't want to share with the class just yet.

1. Again … why is he scum for being a spontaneous Newb? If you are suggesting it’s basically a straight policy lynch due to the nice lead we have that’s one thing but I’ve yet to see anything about Sala’s play (other than the ‘slip’ which I’m still not sold on) that says “I’m scum”
2. Um, whut? You have a theory but don’t think it wise to share?

Velaz wrote: #6 (Post 0): Perfectly normal RVS vote.

Let’s examine –

Post 6 you admit isn’t anything out of the ordinary.
Post 29 – so what? Are you saying every vote that isn’t RVS that is not accompanied by an explanation is scummy? If so Town is doomed this game since they are in the minority.
Post 73 – This is stupid. I’m not going to sugar coat it. There is no scum motivation to hammer your Godfather without letting him claim. None. Indicating intent to hammer (standard play on MS) and letting Presc claim would have allowed Presc to fake-claim Cop or whatever role he chose in a fishing expedition. Scum have every reason to let their partners get a claim out. And you can’t argue that it was for Town credit since the reaction to it has been “Rofl is scum”. So no … this point is stupid and remains so.
Post 99 – You’ve already admitted you improperly attacked this post as IIoA.

I don’t see much in this case convinces me he’s Scum.

--

Arugula wrote:@MoI
Not everything I do is scummy. I don't know why you have a vendetta against me this game, but you are wrong so stop tunneling my posts.

I’m scum hunting Arugula. I don’t see why you find it so odd that I find your post suspicious. If there is a scum vote on Presc left I’m pretty sure it is yours. You hemed and hawed voting him and hopped on when it was clear he wasn’t going to come in and answer for his posts. Your posts don’t reflect scum-hunting (you dropped a vote on Sala for his slip and have active lurked while defending yourself the rest of today).

If Sala isn’t scum who is?

--

nhammen wrote:Meh, I don't agree with this though. I can say that when I play as scum, I do not base my votes on a wagon around whether my partners are on that wagon, unless I know that a powerful town player likes your kind of VCA, in which case I do things to mess with that VCA.

Well at this point we are going to have to agree to disagree then.

nhammen wrote:I also disagree with this, although I disagree with Empking as well on this point. For instance, if you know a player always OMGUSes as town, and this player is wagoned, and votes someone off the wagon, that is a clear scumtell, and indicates a connection to either the person he vote for, or someone that person made comments about. Emking's claim is that Prescending is "obviously" such a player.

I think you are reading into this a little bit personally. It’s fluff since he hasn’t given any reasons WHY it is out of character. No links to games to show how the votes were ‘out of character’.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:58 am

Post by Salamence20 »

@MoI: I am certain ROFL is scum, theres no way we are both scum.

Get off the Empking wagon for now, i tell you he seems townish.

MoI, do you think we can both be town? (ROFL and me)
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:04 am

Post by Salamence20 »

And if you want to lynch me for "information", just promise ROFL or Arugula dies for it tomorrow.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:17 am

In post 291, Salamence20 wrote:@MoI: I am certain ROFL is scum, theres no way we are both scum.

Why are you certain Rofl is scum? I've yet to see anything compelling myself to that end.

Why do you think Empking seems Townish other than him calling you Town?

Absolutely both of you can be Town. You are both on the Pres wagon. Only way I would consider you both as scum is if it is Multiball (unproven at this stage).

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:39 am

Post by Empking »

In post 290, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Empking – Since you haven’t done it yet I’m altering my request to you to find Godfathers who were Power-bussed Day 1 to also include Roleblockers (as they are pretty powerful to scum also) to give you an even wider range of possible lynches to collect.

Yay!
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 293, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 291, Salamence20 wrote:@MoI: I am certain ROFL is scum, theres no way we are both scum.

Why are you certain Rofl is scum? I've yet to see anything compelling myself to that end.

Absolutely both of you can be Town. You are both on the Pres wagon. Only way I would consider you both as scum is if it is Multiball (unproven at this stage).

Me, Empking, ROFL

Im sure one is scum of this group, and i am voting the best canidate.

I feel a town vs town argument from you and empking.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:38 am

Post by McStab »

In post 295, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 293, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Me, Empking, ROFL

Vote:Salamence

So you're sure that someone is scum out of you three, and you listed yourself?

Funniest scumslip ever
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:39 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 295, Salamence20 wrote:
Me,
Empking, ROFL

Im sure one is scum of this group

XFD ... why? ...why do you keep saying stuff like this.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:44 am

In post 295, Salamence20 wrote:Me, Empking, ROFL

This doesn't answer the most important part of the questions I asked.

WHY is Rofl scum?
WHY is Empking Town?

Give me something concrete to hang my hat on. Or just come clean and say 'GUT' if that is what it is so I know where you are coming from.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:27 am

In post 297, Toogeloo wrote:XFD ... why? ...why do you keep saying stuff like this.

Why do you keep active lurking and not scum-hunting?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”