Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 1374, DCLXVI wrote:
Lyanna Stark

In post 1350, Lyanna Stark wrote:I'm more confident in DCL flipping town though and am at a bit of a loss of what to do about that.

Attempts to distance herself from my wagon without attempting to slow it down by unvoting me. Seems like a scummy attempt to get a mislynch without having it attributed to you.
scum.

Perfect example of why I feel better about staying on your wagon than jumping to the Feysal wagon, who is the only other viable choice right now even though I'm less confident about him being town than you even though I'd totally trust his choice more than I would yours all things considered.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Piety was a war galley belonging to House Sunglass. It was destroyed by wildfire during the Battle of the Blackwater.

Day 1, Votecount 48

Saporerint (5) - Mastermind of Sin, Shadow1psc, BBmolla, Shinori, Albert B. Rampage
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
Shadow1psc (5) - kortul, Mockingjaye, Staeg, bvoigt, StefanB
bvoigt (8) - greenknight, SnowStorm, Pandora, Seraphim, Plessiezarus, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Dolorous Edd

StefanB (3) - Regfan, Tyene Sand, Saporerint
Regfan (1) - DCLXVI
Plums Yo Mamma (1) Benmage

Not Voting (4):
Jal, Feysal, Minimum, Lyanna Stark

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 5th September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-05 18:59:59)
  • Starbuck/Benmage/MOI/Lyanna Stark/Mastermind of Sin are all V/la.

CHOOSE DIREWOLVES
Feysal (8) - Bvoigt, greenknight, Shinori, DCLXVI, Benmage, Albert B. Rampage, Saporerint, Mastermind of Sin
Minimum (2) - Mockingjaye, MagnaofIllusion
Starbuck (1) - Starbuck
greenknight (1) - Seraphim
kortul (1) - Shdow1psc
DLCXVI (12) - Tyene Sand, Plessiezarus, Regfan, Pandora, Feysal, Lyanna Stark, Kortul, Plums Yo Mamma, Staeg, Dolorous Edd, StefanB, SnowStorm

Not Choosing (3):
Jal, Minimum, BBmolla

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'. Once a choose has 15 votes it will be locked in but not end day.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Meh. Okay Regfan. I just read his iso twice and haven't found a compelling reason not to vote.

VOTE: stefanb

Still would be willing to vote Seraphim.

Sapo
I know what wagon position meant. I was wondering why Feysal's struck you as off.

Benmage
I've seen Nacho lurk as town, not sure that's an alignment tell for him.

I'm going to iso bvoigt again tomorrow when I get home from work. I don't have a strong read one way or the other on him. I'm not seeing what others see jumping out to prove he's scum, but I don't have a reason to defend him either. Still worry I'm trying too hard to be impartial and am failing at it.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

no reason not to, but still why?
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

you have to believe in your vanity wagon or disagree with the big one.
at least this is what I hope happens because otherwise things are terrible, but I digress.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Post by StefanB »

Not much to defend myself. Not much to claim either. (No PR and I am pretty sure from the crumps I used now and then you can last halway guess the direction of the character) I can die, but since beeing the alternative is not me and I have some unease about the plum/nachohydra against some time (nothing that much concrete, and not enough time to check how much time I mentioned here beside the point in my last post and that is unfortunatly not proven)
Unvote

Vote: Plum

About the choisethink, okay since I got less and less sure about Feysal but Satanscat is sounding like a true claim.
Unchose

But I am not sure who to give it to, Feysal is the main waggon and I more and more think he is town, I won't. Giving the gun to Starbuck seems like a bad idea.

So for my last words: Not yet. In a few hours.
I can only say sorry for inning and at last it would be good for Cersai at last (which should give away who I am)

And please don't give me a gun.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Post by kortul »

Shadow, if you really are town, you badly mistreated the role given to you. Yes, it is "Get Out of Jail Free" card, but not a reason to play like you did. You may hate me even more for such words, but they are true and you are experienced to know it, regardless of your alignment and whether you lie or not.

Whatever, a chance to get at least one read from such ability we can't afford to lose.

UNVOTE:

Will reread last 4 pages or so and decide on a vote. Hell, just realized that StefanB claimed as well - why now???

As for the DCL - if he is scum, claiming PR just gets him off hook for a day or two and possibly draws a counterclaim, and claiming VT either gets him off hook permanently or presents with an extra ultra shot for his faction. Both options are viable, depends on his role and experience. So whether you believe his claim or not should be emotional decision, not logical. And i fail when it comes down to emotional decisions...

Well, if he is telling the truth, then VT turning into one shot suicide vig is a better fate than being killed at night or lynched during a day. My choose is staying.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Post by StefanB »

Well I claim now, because the near deadline and I am (as usual) thinking I have a bigger waggon on me than I have.
Seemed like a good idea that time.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Post by Pandora »

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Would anyone else like to claim today? Should we be getting out the popcorn and starting up a fucking massclaim in the last few hours? How about instead you suck on a sock and just vote.
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 am

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

In post 1380, StefanB wrote:Not much to defend myself. Not much to claim either. (No PR and I am pretty sure from the crumps I used now and then you can last halway guess the direction of the character) I can die, but since beeing the alternative is not me and I have some unease about the plum/nachohydra against some time (nothing that much concrete, and not enough time to check how much time I mentioned here beside the point in my last post and that is unfortunatly not proven)
Unvote

Vote: Plum

About the choisethink, okay since I got less and less sure about Feysal but Satanscat is sounding like a true claim.
Unchose

But I am not sure who to give it to, Feysal is the main waggon and I more and more think he is town, I won't. Giving the gun to Starbuck seems like a bad idea.

So for my last words: Not yet. In a few hours.
I can only say sorry for inning and at last it would be good for Cersai at last (which should give away who I am)

And please don't give me a gun.

are you fucking kidding me
seriously
you don't vote any of the actual counter wagons
you soft claim
you talk about choosing Starbuck?

WHAT ARE YOU
WHAT ARE YOU
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:11 am

Post by kortul »

One hell of ISO -
StefanB
is posting without quotes at all, for context i had to open each post and look for possible questions he is answering or relevant posts he is addressing. And sometimes i just don't understand, what exactly he is trying to say, maybe because English isn't first language for both of us.

He gave some kind of short reads at the beginning of the day, but never returned to them, updated or tried to make a new list. I mean, you either used to make reads and update them, or you don't bother at all, maybe on request.
Strike that - i took a close look in thread before his post, and realized that regfan asked him for scum-reads.

I like that he easily admitted misunderstanding Dolorus Edd. Post 118 gives an impression of enthusiastic newbtown. Farther posts are not deep or confrontational, just flowing with a tide.

The reasons for vote in post 1150 are bad. I could understand him if he had at least some opinions on the slots (after quick ISO or something) and just couldn't decide, but not like this. He mentioned bvoigt once before, and had several negative posts on Salamance. It sounds like it didn't really matter whom to choose.

His next vote (Shadow) and choose (DCL) are consistent with his previous reads and comments.

His claim came out of nowhere, which is just crazy. One moment i can see this done by town, who believes he is at L-1 and gave up on fighting, but the next moment, since he was nowhere near hammer, i begin to think that scum could try this gambit, preemptively offing players from his wagon close to deadline.

I just can't read him for the sake of it. He is either an innocent child, or an opportunistic scum. Anyway, i am voting him, i am tired by this day and just scared to hear yet another PR claim so close to deadline, this time from bvoigt.

VOTE: StefanB

Unless someone i trust will swear that this is normal for Stefan and he is town, i will stick to this wagon or switch real close to deadline to avoid no-lynch.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:13 am

Post by Staeg »

I want kortul dead so bad ;_;

Shadow, re-read your ability and tell me if what you posted in-thread is accurate. I may or may not be seeing something that doesn't check out.

unvote
Vote:Bvoigt
sa vrede?
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:29 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 1324, Mastermind of Sin wrote:What the hell happened while I was gone?

Where did this DCLX wagon come from? I don't really understand why he's being wagoned here.

I'm a little skeptical of shadow's claim, but I'm not sure if I want to risk it Day 1. Shadow, what faction are you aligned with?

In the meantime...

Unchoose, Choose: Feysal

Unless I really don't like shadow's answers, I'm more comfortable with this choose today.

Lannister
Allia
nce
. Color emphasis mine, I don't know the exact colors Faraday used.

In post 1327, Minimum wrote:I'm currently trying to finish a few applications (seriously, the next person who accuses me of tactically lurking can shove it--leaving aside that I'm not that cheap as either alignment, I'm putting more effort into this game than most people are even though I didn't want to play in the first place), so there's a lot of stuff I won't respond to now.

But doing this temporarily so that no one does anything stupd:

Unvote

Unchoose

Shadow, have you ever heard of the torturer role before?

Don't have high hopes that DC will flip scum right now, but Feysal's big reads post also looked town, so I'm at a loss for options. I'm starting to think the scum are hidden among the stronger players, but I have no clue which ones.

MoS, what's the source of your confidence that DC is a bad wagon?

(By the way, PlumNacho's hop onto Shadow bugged the shit out of me. They made a huge case on bvoigt that singlehandedly started the wagon, don't ever back down from it...but then when Shadow's wagon gains momentum mostly as a counterwagon to bvoigt...without even mentioning bvoigt, they make
another
big case on Shadow, and hop over? This was when bvoigt hadn't said a single word in his defence. They don't even seem to have a moment of town "Hmm, should I switch wagons? Both of these are good," self-reflection. Just another giant case to persuade people onto Shadow.)

Never heard of it before, and I expressed my curiosity of it towards the mod in my confirm to him. It feels too swingy to me if this is multiball.

In post 1331, Benmage wrote:What does shadow do? Jailkeep a cop, to find out they have investigate...

Sounds like an uber scum role.

Still down to hang.

Roleblock* a target of my choice*, if I'm successful (not blocked or misdirected myself), I find out their role name, which as hinted at by the mod, is only directly correlated to their active ability. IE, if they have a passive or factional ability, but no active, I would get told that X player does not have an active role. If something were to interfere with me, I would get no result from my target. To paraphrase, again, the example given to me, if I were to target myself (myself being a different, targetable person), I would be told Shadow1psc is a Torturer. There is no indication in my role that says I would get told, for instance, that Shadow1psc is a roleblocker+rolecop, or any other specific information.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Dol Edd
– in regards to … why no answer as to who you have pushed in a non-artificial way?

--

SapIec wrote:MoI's "dead man" point doesn't work because we already have outed Masons.

Well given

1. The Masons are not actually confirmed
2. That the Masons only serve as a PoE danger as claimed

I think you are underestimating the timeframe they will likely live, especially given how non-dynamic and non-Town they have acted so far.

--

Minimum wrote:We probably would have been better off just quicklynching the first person to claim VT and then waiting for all my town reads to crosskill each other. It's going to be the fifth straight scum win in a row. Yay!

And why the fuck am I even posting in this game?

Does anyone see this and get “OMG let’s fake some disgust” bleeding through like I am?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:44 am

Post by kortul »

In post 1386, Staeg wrote:I want kortul dead so bad ;_
Simple. Just shoot me at night, if you can, or build a case during the day if you cannot (maybe in process you will finally realize that you are wrong).
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:33 am

Post by Saporerint »

Lynching StefanB is objectively the best play at this point. I think Bvoight's town, and I don't want another claim.

The only thing I'd add to Kortul's post is the context of Stefan's DE vote. Plessie had posted a good pro-DE post just before the vote. Language issues aside, ignoring others' perspective on the player Stefan suspected was scummy. I was especially sensitive to this because I also suspected DE around the same point in the thread.

- Iec
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:39 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

House Clegane is a house of landed knights that holds fealty to House Lannister of Casterly Rock. Their lands are southeast of Casterly Rock and include a towerhouse, which, according to a semi-canon source, is named Clegane's Keep. Their sigil is three dogs on a yellow field.

Day 1, Votecount 49

Saporerint (5) - Mastermind of Sin, Shadow1psc, BBmolla, Shinori, Albert B. Rampage
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
Shadow1psc (2) - Mockingjaye, bvoigt
bvoigt (9) - greenknight, SnowStorm, Pandora, Seraphim, Plessiezarus, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Dolorous Edd, Staeg

StefanB (5) - Regfan, Tyene Sand, Saporerint, Lyanna Stark, kortul
Regfan (1) - DCLXVI
Plums Yo Mamma (2) Benmage, StefanB

Not Voting (3):
Jal, Feysal, Minimum

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 5th September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-05 18:59:59)
  • Starbuck/Benmage/MOI/Lyanna Stark/Mastermind of Sin are all V/la.

CHOOSE DRAGONS
Feysal (8) - Bvoigt, greenknight, Shinori, DCLXVI, Benmage, Albert B. Rampage, Saporerint, Mastermind of Sin
Minimum (2) - Mockingjaye, MagnaofIllusion
Starbuck (1) - Starbuck
greenknight (1) - Seraphim
kortul (1) - Shdow1psc
DLCXVI (12) - Tyene Sand, Plessiezarus, Regfan, Pandora, Feysal, Lyanna Stark, Kortul, Plums Yo Mamma, Staeg, Dolorous Edd, StefanB, SnowStorm

Not Choosing (3):
Jal, Minimum, BBmolla

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'. Once a choose has 15 votes it will be locked in but not end day.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 am

Post by greenknight »

Not seeing the case against stefan his claim post reads pretty genuine
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:20 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

itt: Everything I talked about at the beginning of the thread in regards to day one play is completely true and the only relevant thing anyone has done all day.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1393, Shadow1psc wrote:itt: Everything I talked about at the beginning of the thread in regards to day one play is completely true and the only relevant thing anyone has done all day.

ITT: Shadow fails to understand that Mafia is not a game of "Day 1 is pointless"
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:23 am

Post by Jal »

No one is ever happy with the end of the day lynch. I've barely seen a case in my own games where we've gone to lynch scum D1 before and everyone was on board - usually it's a compromise lynch. Everyone just gets antsy even when they think they do have scum at the end of the day. Get over it.

We accidentally lynch or choose town today? It's one or two people out of 28. I assure you, the world won't end tomorrow and the game is not totally lost. Look at the wagons, review the game day (good lord), do your PR thang, and see who looks like scum.

---

DLC's slot leans a bit town. redFF coming back after awhile, speaking only of Starbuck briefly and then replacing the game just struck me as town. I think scum would be a lot more mindful of what they'd say.

I can't get a read on Feysal. Tried reading meta.

Makes reads which stick to Starbuck and lists only two other scum which are two of the most viable wagons today. Strikes me as both odd and playing safe. Would prefer over DCL.

Choose: Feysal

I looked up Bvoight but I'm not entirely convinced he's scum.

I have to go do stuff, so I'll get more into this later. I'll respond to some things later.

Notes
:
- Still think Tyene is scum.
- Plum is probably scum too, based mostly on meta with Nacho.
- Also, pretty much almost every person Kortul looks up is scum.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Current reads (almost current, anyway - Zar is catching up on recent developments a bit, so these might be Pless-heavy).

STRONG TOWN READS
Tammy, Pandora, Regfan, BBmolla, Plum+Nacho, Jal

WEAK TOWN READS
Stefan, Staeg, Edd, MoS, kortul, Starbuck, Benmage, Mockingjaye,

NULL
Albert B Rampage, MagnaOfIllusion, Amrun, Shadow1psc

WEAK SCUM READS
Shinori, Sapororerint, Feysal, Tierce,

STRONG SCUM READS
DCLXVI, bvoigt, Minimum

---

CLAIMED MASONS
SnowStorm, greenknight

We're kind of sceptical of the mason claim, to be honest. As I said earlier, the fact greenknight -- one of the other big day 1 suspects -- is SnowStorm's claimed partner seems to make a fake claim much more plausible. It's more likely Scum-SnowStorm claims Mason if greenknight is his (only?) partner than it is Scum-SnowStorm claims Mason if his partner is in a much stronger position, surely. But still, can leave these two for a bit and see if the problem solves itself.

In post 1377, Lyanna Stark wrote:Meh. Okay Regfan. I just read his iso twice and haven't found a compelling reason not to vote.

VOTE: stefanb

I don't really understand why you would vote for Stefan over bvoigt here. You don't seem to have a read on either one (unless I'm misinterpreting "haven't found a compelling reason not to vote"?), and bvoigt is surely a more viable lynch at this point?

In post 1380, StefanB wrote:Not much to defend myself. Not much to claim either. (No PR and I am pretty sure from the crumps I used now and then you can last halway guess the direction of the character)

If you go back and reread Stefan, it's pretty clear what character he is softclaiming here. Which is a bit weird, since that character seems a rather unlikely member of the Lannister Alliance (in this book).

As above, we have (have had) a weakish town read on Stefan for a bit, but this softclaim seems odd. Still feel like bvoigt is a better lynch for today though.
In post 1390, Saporerint wrote:Lynching StefanB is objectively the best play at this point. I think Bvoight's town, and I don't want another claim.

Stefan is "objectively" the best lynch because you "think" Bvoigt is town? I'm not sure words work this way...

~ Pless
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:41 am

Post by Saporerint »

In post 1396, Plessiezarus wrote:Stefan is "objectively" the best lynch because you "think" Bvoigt is town?

Stefan is objectively the best lynch because Stefan has claimed VT 1 day before deadline. This is a no-brainer.

Frankly, lynching Shadow was also a no-brainer, as his claimed role both didn't change the likelihood that he was scum and can't confirm his alignment.

- Iec
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:56 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1397, Saporerint wrote:Stefan is objectively the best lynch because Stefan has claimed VT 1 day before deadline. This is a no-brainer.

How about Starbuck the claimed VT?
sa vrede?
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:10 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Saporerint still a great lynch, and we need to lock in our choose sooo...

Unchoose:
Choose: DLCXVI

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”