Micro 66 - Robo's F11 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by Mitillos »

In post 249, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
In post 248, Mitillos wrote:Well, that's depressing.
What is?

The robotic speak thing. And what's the laughter about?
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Violet »

In post 244, Mitillos wrote:I'd like to read your thoughts on Mala and PMyst.

Mala:
She seems very "legit" in that she doesn't appear to be deceptive in her language, and seems to be writing straight from her head. She asks a lot of pressing questions and generally promotes the exchange of information on topics that matter: Policy lynching (which is a horrible idea), what scum might do in any given situation, and having people get their thoughts out so we know everyone's positions. With 0 being neutral and 10 being town, I'd say she's 2.5/10. So leaning town.

PMyst:
He's done nothing but lurk. Null. Since he knows his meta, any meta argument goes straight out the window. I will judge him on his actions and his motivation for them.

Cheery too, but he can wait for later.

Why would I want to wait?

Also, since he was your slot, what are your thoughts on Riggs?

I replaced Taz, not Riggs. Riggs is just V/LA.

I really didn't much care for his play, especially when he semi-advocated a policy lynch. He appeared to be disinterested in the game and didn't put much effort in. I plan to change that.

Another post incoming.
Violet
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Yes, the Taz/Riggs thing was me being derpy. And the reason I said that Cheery's reads can wait is because I've got a weak town read on him, so I'm less interested in him, as it were. I'd still like to hear your thoughts on him as well, though.
options
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 250, Mitillos wrote:The robotic speak thing. And what's the laughter about?
Sorry.. I didn't mean it in an offensive way, but I couldn't find the wording to not make it sound offensive.

Violet knows...
She
's just so intuitive about this sort of stuff!

In post 251, Violet wrote:
Mala:
She seems very "legit" in that she doesn't appear to be deceptive in her language, and seems to be writing straight from her head. She asks a lot of pressing questions and generally promotes the exchange of information on topics that matter: Policy lynching (which is a horrible idea), what scum might do in any given situation, and having people get their thoughts out so we know everyone's positions. With 0 being neutral and 10 being town, I'd say she's 2.5/10. So leaning town.
Okay, so why is she closer to null then? You're either leaving out commenting on the scummy things she's done, or it doesn't make sense for her to be that low on the null-town scale. I also notice that in all of your reads you throw out general comments such as, "His posting was good. He said a lot of townish things and asked a lot of townish questions." Show us what things were good (or bad). The general crap does nothing to help us see what you see.

Also, how do you feel about my objection against her reaction to the policy lynch?

In post 251, Violet wrote:Why would I want to wait?
Why ask such a silly question? It implies that you're fine posting it now, so why you wouldn't just post your thoughts on him instead, I don't know.

In post 251, Violet wrote:I plan to change that.
Did I actually luck out enough to get to play a game with you where you're scum? THIS IS SO EXCITING.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Completed Games: 18

Ongoing Games: 0

Town: 8-5

Scum: 2-2

Currently Modding: 0

~Currently on a hiatus of an indefinite time period~
Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Post by Violet »

In post 222, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Is it weird to buddy people you think are town?

Actually, yes. When you're town, you're never sure of the people around you, and there's always a hint of doubt. When you're scum, you know who's town and who's not, and so you feel safer and more willing to buddy people.

Klick is fighting pretty hard against your buddying, which means he's very concerned about what people think of him, but especially with regards to you. Wonder why that is? :roll:

In post 241, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Stating pressure does not eliminate pressure. Just because I'm pressuring them doesn't mean I'm not willing to lynch them.

It completely eliminates pressure. When you put pressure on someone, it's supposed to make them feel as if they need to be active. Stating pressure is cute, but it's like saying

without any
real
pressure to post.

In post 241, TraceyLyn11 wrote:As for vote hopping, yes I was. Is that scummy? I have clear reads. Read further, and you shall see them.

Vote hopping is scummy in this case because it's without much substance to back it up - it looks like you're just accusing everyone of being scummy to take pressure off you. I still don't see your clear reads.

In post 242, TraceyLyn11 wrote:I assume you're scratching out "real read" with "consistent read". In which case: does not being consistent in my reads up to page ten make me scummy?

A "real read" in my mind is one that you've held strongly enough that it has not changed in a while, or at least not without something significant happening. It doesn't have to be consistent, but it usually is. I went through your ISO and counted - you have not had a single read that's lasted a significant amount of time, you're hopping all over the place with your votes, and you have at the very least heavily
implied
that every single player in the game is scum,
except Klick

. . .

With regards to Klick's #195: I remain unconvinced that you actually believe Tracey is scum. Most of your content seems forced and ingenuine, or just plain wrong, like how you call Tracey out for her #36 and imply it's scummy, when that post was half questions (which aren't reasoning by definition) and half discussion of RQS (which was only tangentially related to the game). Mala on pages 2-3 wasn't really doing much of anything, much less discouraging scum-hunting. It appears that was entirely fabricated to add "content". There's other allegations as to Tracey's alignment, but it's really weak (Her #53 doesn't immediately shout "I'M PRO-TOWN!" Is that
seriously
a reason to think she's scum?). In short the entire post is really just bad, and you seem more concerned about what people think between you and Tracey than you are about getting information out there so that the town can evaluate it.

My stance on Tracey hasn't changed at all, and my scumread on Klick has redoubled.

VOTE: Tracey
Violet
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Post by Mitillos »

No, no, I'm not offended. Don't worry about it. You can explain it more clearly when you want. Even in the post-game if it's not that easy.

And @Violet: If you're a guy, sorry for the incorrect gender qualifiers. I took your name to be generically feminine; my apologies for this rather sexist lapse.
Also, where's that other post? It had better not be another wall, we already have Tracey filling the place with masonry. :P

p-edit: Oh there it is, never mind.
options
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 253, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
In post 251, Violet wrote:I plan to change that.
Did I actually luck out enough to get to play a game with you where you're scum? THIS IS SO EXCITING.

Would you like to care where you know them from, or why
this
is so exciting?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Post by Mitillos »

I think you messed up the beginning of your sentence again Cheery. Care = Share?
options
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

yay you can read cheery-mistakes.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Post by Mitillos »

:neutral:
options
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 254, Violet wrote:Actually, yes. When you're town, you're never sure of the people around you, and there's always a hint of doubt. When you're scum, you know who's town and who's not, and so you feel safer and more willing to buddy people.
Okay, I'll give you that. But here's another question: who says there isn't any doubt? I may be saying Klick is my strongest town read, that there is no doubt, but do I actually believe that? All you have to do is look at my actions. I haven't not questioned Klick. I have. I haven't excused him from answering direct questions. I haven't let him off the hook. Not to say I don't have a strong read on him; I do. I really think he's town. But to assume my read is concrete is silly. Even the buddying can be seen as reaction fishing. I buddied Klick because I recognized him and enjoyed his play - that was my original reasoning. It soon evolved into because he was townish, but that's besides the point. He didn't like it from the beginning. I'm someone who no one had really questioned, someone who was getting things moving. ScumKlick could have taken advantage of that. If nothing else he could have just allowed the buddying to happen. Instead he's fighting against it and is even calling me scum for the buddying. I got my reactions, I am satisfied with the results.

In post 254, Violet wrote:Klick is fighting pretty hard against your buddying, which means he's very concerned about what people think of him, but especially with regards to you. Wonder why that is? :roll:
I don't even... How are you even seeing this as scummy? Would it be townish of him to just allow someone to straight up buddy him with seemingly no reasons? And are you really insinuating that either Klick or I would be that blatantly obvious in our scum play? I get the whole WIFOM aspect, but really.

In post 254, Violet wrote:It completely eliminates pressure. When you put pressure on someone, it's supposed to make them feel as if they need to be active.
Which is why I said I'd be willing to lynch them with that pressure. The pressure is not eliminated if I'm literally trying to get a wagon going on them, if I'm making cases against them, if I'm pushing for their lynch. It let's them know what I'm looking for so they can provide what I want in a timely manner. If not, I'm gonna be all over them for it.

In post 254, Violet wrote:Vote hopping is scummy in this case because it's without much substance to back it up - it looks like you're just accusing everyone of being scummy
to take pressure off you.
I still don't see your clear reads.
What pressure was there again? Let me know if you can find the answer to that one. Hint: there was none.

As for reads, I recently stated them very clearly:
"Klick, Riggs, and Cheery are town, methinks. Commie and Myst are null-town. Taz is null. I'm very confused about him. Mit and Mala are null-scum. I have no strong scum reads."

In post 254, Violet wrote:My stance on Tracey hasn't changed at all, and my scumread on Klick has redoubled.
Explain to me again why it makes sense to vote the person who your other strong scum read is voting rather than the person who has a vote from one of your null-town reads?

In post 255, Mitillos wrote:And @Violet: If you're a guy, sorry for the incorrect gender qualifiers. I took your name to be generically feminine; my apologies for this rather sexist lapse.
I enjoy you calling him a female, though!

In post 256, Cheery Dog wrote:Would you like to care where you know them from, or why
this
is so exciting?
I know him from real life. It's exciting because I want to see how successfully I'm able to read his scum play. I've done it before (in a game I was not in), but I'm curious to see how his play has changed and how accurate my reading of him still is.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Violet, I'mma start calling you Vi. Just 'cause it's amusing to myself.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Post by Violet »

Woah, responding to walls with walls. This
is
going to be fun. I haven't had this much fun in
ages

In post 253, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Violet knows...
She
's just so intuitive about this sort of stuff!

Feminine intuition. Gotta love it.

In post 253, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Okay, so why is she closer to null then?

The game's been going on a little over a week, and she hasn't pulled a Tracey and walled the crap out of the place. For one, there is simply not enough information to make more than a vague guess, for two, you have to pull all the stops to get a full 10 on my scale (mod-confirmed)

In post 253, TraceyLyn11 wrote:I also notice that in all of your reads you throw out general comments such as, "His posting was good. He said a lot of townish things and asked a lot of townish questions.

I do that because otherwise I want to delve into petty specifics, when honestly they are not directly important - I was asked what I thought, not why I thought it. But if you'd like reasons
why
, by all means, I'll share.

Mala's post #82 calls Mit out on potentially scummy behavior (waiting for wagons to vote) and then directs him to be more active. And actually, that's a great example of a pressure vote - because had he not responded, that would be a reason for Mala (or anyone, really) to be all up in his business. She then follows up in #174 with a hearty explanation as to her thoughts. But though she has her town points, she also doesn't have enough of those moments for me to think her solidly town, infact there are a lot of posts such as #51 and #108 and #169 which are all short and just kind of messing around, they don't do much, they're hardly worth mentioning. But the relatively significant amount of those leads me to perceive her less as town and more neutral - they don't do anything either way, but the amount of them dilutes her pro-town moments. It's hard to articulate and source that when I'm just giving my general thoughts about her.

In post 253, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Also, how do you feel about my objection against her reaction to the policy lynch?

You're grasping at straws and distracting the town from real issues. Policy lynching is a meta thing, some people are more comfortable with it than others. You tried to turn her individual policy of being semi-ok with it into scumminess.

In post 253, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Did I actually luck out enough to get to play a game with you where you're scum?

Nope. But you
did
get lucky enough to play with me during shark week. I'm due for it in like three days =/

PEDIT: I see your wall, Tracey. And I refuse to read it and then modify my post. I spent a good amount of time on this.
Violet
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 262, Violet wrote:The game's been going on a little over a week, and she hasn't pulled a Tracey and walled the crap out of the place.
Is walling scummy?

In post 262, Violet wrote:Mala's post #82 calls Mit out on potentially scummy behavior (waiting for wagons to vote) and then directs him to be more active. And actually, that's a great example of a pressure vote - because had he not responded, that would be a reason for Mala (or anyone, really) to be all up in his business. She then follows up in #174 with a hearty explanation as to her thoughts. But though she has her town points, she also doesn't have enough of those moments for me to think her solidly town, infact there are a lot of posts such as #51 and #108 and #169 which are all short and just kind of messing around, they don't do much, they're hardly worth mentioning. But the relatively significant amount of those leads me to perceive her less as town and more neutral - they don't do anything either way, but the amount of them dilutes her pro-town moments. It's hard to articulate and source that when I'm just giving my general thoughts about her.
This makes me feel better about you. Do this more often.

In post 262, Violet wrote:You're grasping at straws and distracting the town from real issues. Policy lynching is a meta thing, some people are more comfortable with it than others. You tried to turn her individual policy of being semi-ok with it into scumminess.
Wat. Semi-okay with it? You even linked this post in your post. She clearly stated that she "really dislike
policy lynches." She said she's "not willing to help PL." Don't tell me she said something, when she very clearly said the opposite. I took issue with her very clearly saying she did not like them, but still allowing a conversation to continue around whether it was a good idea or not. She even goes on to explain why policy lynches are bad in her post #174 (another one you linked). Which is why I addressed it in my post #222. Tell me how I grasped at straws.
Specific examples
. How have I distracted the town?
Specific examples
. How is what I am saying not a
real issue
?

In post 262, Violet wrote:PEDIT: I see your wall, Tracey. And I refuse to read it and then modify my post. I spent a good amount of time on this.
You don't have to modify. Just respond in another post.

@Klick: You're quite active elsewhere on site. I realize deadline is approaching in one of your games. But not in the other(s?). You say I'm scum, make a case, and leave. How will that convince people to join you? I'd like to see more participation from you.

@Riggs: I'd like to see a big information heap from you now that your V/LA is over.

@Violet: When you read through the game, did you quote stuff as you went, or did you come back to the quotes after you read?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

CommieX has requested replacement due to overwhelming workload.

As my gran pappy used to always say, "If you got too much work going on in your real life then you should drop a few online commitments that aren't nearly as important such as Robo's F11 Micro".

Rest his soul.

Finding replacement now.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Malakittens »

He said it in post #165, #167. I guess the reason why I never stated he moved to a low sum read is because I thought it was obvious with the "I dislike PL and rather go for information". Then I decided to state why exactly he moved because I saw scum motivation in asking it.

---

Klick, it's now Wednesday where is the Tracey case? Your VLA is over.

---

Tracey question in post #260 is a very valid one in regards to VI regarding Klick/Tracey.

---

Man, I wanna join this wall game, but players might shoot me if I did. I totally could when I have my computer back, but I won't.<3
I still don't have power yet. :(
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 am

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 265, Malakittens wrote:He said it in post #165, #167. I guess the reason why I never stated he moved to a low sum read is because I thought it was obvious with the "I dislike PL and rather go for information". Then I decided to state why exactly he moved because I saw scum motivation in asking it.

---

Klick, it's now Wednesday where is the Tracey case? Your VLA is over.

---

Tracey question in post #260 is a very valid one in regards to VI regarding Klick/Tracey.

---

Man, I wanna join this wall game, but players might shoot me if I did. I totally could when I have my computer back, but I won't.<3
I still don't have power yet. :(
1. That states an opinion on a theory aspect. Why would I assume that made him scummier in your eyes?

2. I believe he already made it.

3. Which one?

4. Feel free. I'd like to hear more from you.

What's your thoughts on Vi?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 am

Post by Malakittens »

"When Violet said my stance on..."

Honestly, I was leaning scum on Taz, but Violet's recent posts are giving me town vibes. 251, 254 and well I loved the most recent one.

Uh, guessed I missed the post with the case. Ill read back to that later as I got to drive to class.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 267, Malakittens wrote:"When Violet said my stance on..."

Honestly, I was leaning scum on Taz, but Violet's recent posts are giving me town vibes. 251, 254 and well I loved the most recent one.

Uh, guessed I missed the post with the case. Ill read back to that later as I got to drive to class.
Huh?

And I was hoping you'd buss him... The buddying is just too obvious!

Yeah, this was more or less his case against me, I believe.

Sooooo, I think Mala and Vi are both scummy. Vi bothers me even more than Mala. Plus there's revenge (i.e. OMGUS). But it's mostly that he's scummy.

VOTE: Vi

Anyone wanna sheep me? It'd be much appreciated!
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

C'mon Robo, you're slacking on the vote counts! I had to go a whole
two pages
back. Do you know how sore my fingers are from the extra effort? Super sore.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Violet »

Just so you know, Vi is an entirely different person, and VI is something I most certainly am not. Also,
Violet's
most natural shortening is Vio, and there's absolutely no reason to truncate it further. I might as well call you Tr for all the sense it makes.
Violet
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Sorry

First part of my last post was #3.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 269, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
C'mon Robo, you're slacking on the vote counts! I had to go a whole
two pages
back. Do you know how sore my fingers are from the extra effort? Super sore.

I was at work!!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

And I was waiting for a new page!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

And I totally am not posting new posts to get to the next page!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”