Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Oh yes, I checked the rules on page 1 and it's true. :oops: I did read them, but obviously not carefully enough.

I am usually pretty careful about rules, but if this slipup makes me townish I'm not going to beat myself up over it. In my defense though, it's been quite a while since I've played on this forum, and I remembered that lynching wasn't ever done on the first day. This was so firmly established in my mind that I took it as a formal rule when I started this game, but now it occurs to me that it was (and probably still is?) just accepted wisdom rather than a strict rule.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Vote Tally 1.4

TheConman17 (L - 2):
Kthxbye, havingfitz, Slandaar, Nobody Special, theaceofspades
theaceofspades (L - 5):
qwints, Gorgon
Nobody Special (L - 5):
Singer is Nachomamma, Saint Kerrigan
Slandaar (L - 6):
Mephistopheles
KthxBye (L - 6):
Huntress
qwints (L - 6):
TheConman17

Pacifists (Not Voting):
absta101

((expired on 2012-12-24 23:59:59))

Saint Kerrigan (L - 7):

Gorgon (L - 7):

Mephistopheles (L - 7):

Huntress (L - 7):

absta101 (L - 7):

Singer is Nachomamma (L - 7):

havingfitz (L - 7):
Last edited by AngryPidgeon on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Mod by the way I am colour blind
Mod: State colours only you can write in
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 152, TheConman17 wrote:Mod by the way I am colour blind

Oh sorry, its just orange. #FF8000 In the color pallet, its the 11th from the bottom left.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Thanks and you don't have to say sorry
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 122, absta101 wrote:@Kthx - He was town until he voted qwints. Now he's leaning scum.

How did this change your opinion of Conman?

In post 123, Slandaar wrote:Huntress is probably scum.

I suppose you're going to explain why sometime?

I'm currently leaning town on Conman as I don't think he can be scum with Kthxbye.

And a whimsical thought: Just wondering if Qwints' vote for NS was a Freudian slip. I'm not sure what it would imply though so it's definitely one to put on the back burner until much later.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by qwints »

My vote was a pure mistake, probably caused by glancing at NS's post as I was voting.

No lynch is rarely a good option outside of a Mylo situation.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Honestly where Is meph and all those guys
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I think Conman is likely town. New, yes, but town. His posts the last couple of pages are an improvement over his earlier content.

@fitz: Why is Conman "failing scum"?
@Slandaar: Why is Huntress probably scum?

Gorgon wrote:I am usually pretty careful about rules, but if this slipup makes me townish I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

...um, maybe this is a silly question, but why would you want to beat yourself up for looking townish? :P

In post 127, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 126, TheConman17 wrote:It's just ikariam plays a little different where it is all spam and second day it gets down to buisness

Then go play there and stop trying to change the way we play here. If we wanted to play that way, we'd go there.

Seriously, if you don't like it here, just replace out.

This post feels odd to me. I hadn't read Conman's posts as trying to change the way we play, but as him adjusting to something new.

Unvote: Nobody Special

Vote: HavingFitz

Hi, wassup?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Ya I am just adjusting not changing
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Mod: Vote Count Plox
Singer is Nachomamma
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by Singer is Nachomamma »

In post 17, havingfitz wrote:@SiN....what was the non-random reason you voted NS?

NS is a great vote for me because I can't read him worth potatoes unless he's actually being wagonned. My partner's reasons

In post 22, Kthxbye wrote:I have to say this is the most boring start to any game I've ever played in. How are we to hunt for scum when nobody posts...?

I liked this post. If you're coming back from a long break and you flip scum, a quiet start is just what you need. See how the site meta has changed, give you a little break from having to post so much. But if you are town, fuck that shit. You want an active game with people posting because you want to find scum. It's a pretty ballsy move as scum to make the town look for you harder, and I don't think kthx would start his first game back with a move that ballsy.

In post 23, Mephistopheles wrote:
In post 22, Kthxbye wrote:I have to say this is the most boring start to any game I've ever played in. How are we to hunt for scum when nobody posts...?

This feels like you're trying
really
hard to appear like you're scumhunting right out of the game.

UNVOTE: TheConman17
VOTE: Kthxbye

I disagree with you completely, but I think you're probably town from this bit because at least you're getting the game going.

In post 43, Kthxbye wrote:@SiN: please reply to the question addressed to you on page 1.

being quick to pick up that I ignored a question
good stuff

In post 48, Kthxbye wrote:Yeah, I don't like the mysterious. If its important in some way, you either shouldn't have brought up that it wasn't rvs or you should let us know now. This whole not now crap looks more scummy than anything else. Like you're afraid of slipping something.

This combined with a complete lack of substance in your posts warrants an
UNVOTE:
VOTE: SiN

i like the initiative.
unlike qwints, I like the votehopping because it meshes with him being back to his first game for a while and it shows that he is looking for scum and i like it

qwints is also town, but those reasons are more...
secret
~

In post 52, Huntress wrote:I'm liking the votes on Kthxbye. I can expand on that if necessary but I think most of it has already been said. Also suspicious of Conman for his rather late "random" vote.

Absta's post 44 gives me the impression that he's trying to slide his unvote by unnoticed.

Vote: kthxbye

booooo
so much opportunism

In post 60, qwints wrote:Hyperactivity is certainly can be a playstyle, which is why I looked over kthxbye's old games and asked him about it. The post that got him attacked for being overeager does seem scummy:

I think scum-kthxbye voted SiN because he saw something to attack that he thought might draw attention away from him.

oh yeah i also really liked this post

In post 74, havingfitz wrote:VOTE: Conman for the irrational rationale around both his Slandaar AND Kthxbye votes.

this is also opportunistic as fuck

spade is town for wheeee paranoia

In post 92, TheConman17 wrote:Okay i am ready to pay more attention to this thread I have honestly just been spamming because I play mafia on ikariam forum so this is not my first time. I play a lot of lacrosse and have schooling so I am really stressed but never mind that I have been looking over the thread and now have to say these players seem experienced and for my
my first game on this forum
do you honestly think he would put me as scum because I could not know anything and just go on and say something stupid wheres if I was a Towney that would be more logical as more skilled players should be on the mafia and if I messed up then it wouldn't matter as the mafia would already know that I was a Towney.
SO since my last votes were stupid
UNVOTE

so, conman makes a few false assumptions here
but i think it makes him town
If Conman was scum, this post would require him to come up with this defense, right? It's a strange defense because it's based on something Conman knows is clearly wrong by his own role PM. So why the hell would he think it was a good idea? Because he knows that I'll view it as town and fuck and defend the fuck out of him? No. Because assigning people to roles nonrandomly is something that happens on other sites, so he just assumed that it happened here because he got a town role PM. Let the razor guide you.

In post 95, Kthxbye wrote:Secondly, scumslip number 2 perhaps? "if I was a Towney"? Really?

>.>

In post 117, absta101 wrote:Conman, you should've tried the newbie games first. Get yourself used to this site.

@Kthx - Why'd you repeat what I said?
If you think he's scum, why ask him to replace out?

newbie games are fun!
they help too
like this question
like absta as town

like huntresses #119

don't want conman to be replaced, he's fine
he made a mistake, don't freak out

In post 132, Kthxbye wrote:Either way, I think Conman is a good lynch day one.

NO
YOU ARE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO MAKE A SUBOPTIMAL LYNCH BECAUSE IT'S DAY 1
FUCK THAT, THAT'S HOW MISLYNCHES HAPPEN

In post 136, Kthxbye wrote:the more the self vote kinda screwed any replacement option.

self-votes are not that bad.
especially considering he unvoted almost immediately after and knows that what he did was not good
quit overreacting

I like Gorgon for town for his post before my hungover freakout post.

In post 148, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 146, Gorgon wrote:This reminded me of something Conman said earlier ...

In post 96, TheConman17 wrote:Also personally I don't believe in a day one lynch because you should wait to see who gets killed because that always has a comparison to what has been said on the forum.

This leads me to suspect that people can vote no lynch on ikariam. Anyway, you can't do that in this game so a lynch is the only way to end the day.

Well, you can actually vote No Lynch in this game, and since scum are generally very, very careful about roles and rules, this makes you a solid town read for me.

this seems like an ns town post but i am not convinced quite yet

In post 152, TheConman17 wrote:Mod by the way I am colour blind

Double checking the rules in order to get adjusted to the site? Doesn't announce he's double-checking the rules to get adjusted to the site?
hell yeah he is town
Singer is Nachomamma
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by Singer is Nachomamma »

Unvote, Vote: fitz

singer gave me permission
burn for your sins, fitzy
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 am

Post by Slandaar »

I am lost right now

Too many ridiculous things being said

Need to think.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:24 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Not buying that conman is town cuz he didn't look up the rules. Noob-scum are just as likely to do the same. In fact, I'd say town are more likely to be intimately familiar with the rules as a weapon to catch scum.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:35 am

Post by Slandaar »

He said it about Gorgon but it's personality based rather than alignment based.

There is no town or scum are more likely to read rules.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 am

Post by havingfitz »

@StKerrigan. What did I mean by "failing scum?" Well...first off, I meant to say "flailing scum"...not "failing scum"...but they are basically the same. I meant the same thing I assume qwint and aceofspades meant when they refererred to Conman as "flailing scum." What do I mean by it? I think he's flailing scum. Look at his ISO. Are you interested in why qwint and aceofspades used that description or just me? If not...why? If yes...why haven't you queried them on it?

@SiN...are you voting me because you think my vote on Conman was "opportunistic as fuck" or are there other reasons. And if it is primarily because of my vote on Conman...how does my vote on him differ from any of the other 6 players who voted him?

I'm voting Conman because I have found his play to be erratic and contradictory. I think he is at best scum, and at worst...town I do not want to go very far in the game. If he IS town, I predict he'll never get NK'd and he'll either be a mislynch waiting to happen or he'll drop a vote on town without thinking it through and contribute to town's demise.

For whoever said self voting was more likely to come from town....that's a load of BS. I have seen scum do the everybody hates me self-vote. The reason why they would do it is to attract the exact sentiment that whoever said it was a townie thing to do displayed.

I need to read through the last 4 or 5 pages a bit closer, but one question did arise from when I did a search for "flailing" to see who it was I had seen describe Conman that way:

@qwints....why would you suspect aceofspades for trying to vote the Vi "before he replaces out" when his reasoning for voting Conman was almost exactly the same as yours (i.e. flailing and hard to read)?

And why are you all of a sudden of the opinion Conman is a Vi (of the town persuasion) when you when you voted him and in your next 4 or 5 posts you only make comments to support your suspicions towards him. Then the second aceofspades voes Conman all of a sudden he [Conman] IS a village idiot on course for a mislynch. WTF? Why the sudden change in direction?

If you really DO think Conman is the town Village Idiot I think your move off him for the reasoning you gave points more suspicion on you than anyone actually on his wagon.

FOS
qwints
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:03 am

Post by qwints »

That's correct. When I see what looks like to be opportunistic scum pushing for a lynch of a player doing very poorly, that changes my evaluation of the bad player. Read ace's posts again and tell me there's a good reason for his "screw it" line.
Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:42 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

Slandaar wrote:Amazing.

Why isn't any of this inventing arguments scummy again meph? do tell.

DERP.

I never connected Kthxbye's question with Conman's post. I derped that up. Now I see the point that you all were making; that being said, my opinion of Conman has not changed.

I'll have a more substantial post later today.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:20 am

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 160, TheConman17 wrote:

...derp. read p151 and use very simple math. Only one vote changed in 9 posts from last vote count. Even if you were town (not likely), I can't trust you or any replacement you would have if you chose that route. Anyone not thinking you are scum should vote you for policy.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 163, Slandaar wrote:I am lost right now

Too many ridiculous things being said

Need to think.

If this was an attempt at haiku, you failed.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:30 am

Post by absta101 »

@Huntress
- Firstly, you forgot to answer:
- When would town-absta unvote?
- Why is Kthx scum (pre post #52)?
Both are important.
Huntress wrote:Not entirely; it's too early to rely on connections so that was more of a note for later on.
So it was based on Kthx being scum.
Why would town-you post personal notes that only work for you?
It was more that your response to Slandaar's vote was not what I would have expected to see, and I was wondering why? You've addressed his vote now but that was a rather delayed reaction so still doesn't make me feel good about you.
If this was your reason, why didn't you mention it post #52?

I think Post #52 was an attempt at throwing shit my way.
VOTE: Huntress

And by "suspicion" I meant scum-motivation. My scum-motivation relies on me being scum with Kthx so why even bring me up?
---
@Slandaar

Why would I vote you?
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:57 am

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 137, Gorgon wrote:
In post 135, qwints wrote:You end day 1 early (good for scum) and you prevent a stronger town player joining the game (good for scum).

Also, WIFOM. "If I were scum, there would have been no reason for me to do that", which is basically what ace said above.

In post 136, Kthxbye wrote:The town flip read is also not thin imo.

Ach, maybe not; I may have overstated there. I think the above points make it stronger if anything.

My vote has been inactive for too long, and I think ace deserves it now.

VOTE: theaceofspades

Wait what? The only scenario for voting out conman now would be me being town and believing him scum. As scum I wouldn't want conman gone. No matter what his role was. Which is inconsistent with my vote because I do want conman gone. Next suspect for me is kthx. But I don't see him getting lynched today. So I don't want to waste my vote.
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:51 am

Post by TheConman17 »

In post 169, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 160, TheConman17 wrote:

...derp. read p151 and use very simple math. Only one vote changed in 9 posts from last vote count. Even if you were town (not likely), I can't trust you or any replacement you would have if you chose that route. Anyone not thinking you are scum should vote you for policy.

There is nothing against asking that it is good to know and you seem to try and take fire away from yourself by finding small mistakes in what I post and also it is good to know the colour because I am colour blind and don't want to make mistakes
UNVOTE

Vote: kthxbye
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Fire away from myself? I'm not under fire mate. Also, didn't mention anything about color. It's odd how the things you accuse me of doing are showing up in the posts you are writing the accusations in.

Lynch this scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”