NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:40 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

ehh good question. Was hoping to see a tad more content from others before ending the day. I'll join the wagon tommorow (or hammer if someone else joins).
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:52 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 4.05

Nostredeus (3)- Empking, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, RedCoyote
RedCoyote (1)- Nostredeus

Not voting: N, 4nxi3ty, Gentlemen Bastards, ArcAngel9

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

V/LA

N- Until the 27th

Prodding

Nostredeus

Deadline

(expired on 2012-12-28 07:00:00)
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 875, 4nxi3ty wrote:ehh good question. Was hoping to see a tad more content from others before ending the day. I'll join the wagon tommorow (or hammer if someone else joins).

I'd appreciate an opportunity to post once more before you hammer so if you could whack down an "intent to hammer" post I'll drop that in before you do; basically just to collect my thoughts all in one place for town's reference tomorrow to avoid any twisting that might occur.

As for my case; I've made my point about RC, there's not much more for me to say here until others chime in.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

No one is hammering.

Sorry about our inactivity, tis the season to be busy it seems but I have some time of later tonight so I'll probably pull an all nighter reading through the past few pages and everything again because something really really screams to me that Nost is a msylnch and his above post is again something that is very genuine. I've read a few of Empires QT posts and he's not been much help but I'm hoping he pops on AIM today sometime and talks about this with me when I go through everything. Did do a fuckload of setup speculation about whether F-16s role balances in and i lean towards it being so. Here's a snippet of what I got around to of him when I was on the bus the other day but didn't want to post at the time.

Spoiler: Null and Scum
(This really should be two separate categories but at the moment our reads in this area are very jumbled up, I think Empire is leaning towards F-16 + RC at the moment and I'm just completely not sure but think it's probably 2 of F-16 + RC + 4nxiety since I can't see anyone else as scum)

F-16 is a bleh spot for me at the moment. Going over his play again with his claim explains a lot of the issues I've had with him - the lack of instant long detailed catch up makes sense from a cop that doesn't want to potentially be nightkilled and gives him time to step away from the game, read it and then get the 1-shot investigation in on N2 and his choice of investigation may be really stupid because Jacob was obvtown but it fits with his reads and play through D2. Him coming out and blatantly stating he investigated Jacob also makes sense for two reasons, the first being that him being only one shot would only be something he'd know thereby he'd be trying to draw the kill after using his shot from the mafia leaving a confirmed town alive in Jacob and it makes sense so we don't confuse his investigation report with a different read. So all up his play makes a lot of his play look town, the massive issue I'm having is that I do not understand how F-16 town would suspect Jacob at all nor do I understand his read on us, neither of them make sense from what I know of his competence level and his lack of really pushing for information and analysis to actually progress the game or get a stronger read on anyone or even state strong reads on anyone is really bad. (Laptop seems to be overheating at the moment, will have to get back to this later).

Team:
Batsman (From best to worst):
1. Aldam Rowlands (k)
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:02 am

Post by N »

Just a quick post. It's 4 days until deadline and I don't want a no lynch again.

VOTE: Nost
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 am

Excuse the cheesiness of this post, it's Christmas eve and I've drunk a bit. Okay, lets start at the very begining, a very good place to start, when you read you begin with a-b-c, when you scumhunt via process of elimination you begin with Empking, Arc and N are town.

4nxiety, I finally read through of yours and can see where a lot of your points are coming from, just disagree with the conclusions that you're reaching with them. I think Nosts post of 'so i'm getting voted for the misspelling' is understandable given that it's something that was mentioned a few time so while it may not have been all of the reasons for the votes placed on him, him being very 'what-the-fuck' about it is natural. I don't like how his scum-reads change, they're not super natural at all, you're right about the drop of scum-read on us and the lesser of it on Empking but I'm probably partially biased but I think him having read more into us or our posting would have naturally led to a change or lesser of scum-read on us, about Empking though I'm less sure. Initial instinct with Nosts F-16 vote coming out of nowhere was that it was him being told to buss F-16 because it made little sense otherwise, have issues with it for sure but I think a lot of it is him being a newer player, seeing that it's essentially between him and F-16, having a slight scum-read on F-16 and thinking that he's best of voting for a scum-read that has a chance to get lynched instead of just letting himself be the sole leading wagon. Won't argue about that too much because I can see potential scum motivation for him there but all up I don't think it's all that scummy. All up if you think that his interaction with RC + him is scum-scum interaction you should be more than happy to lynch RC at this point, plus PoE is pointing heavily towards him.

Yeah okay, reading through right now and I think I'm spot on about why he voted F-16.

As for Nost I really wish I could explain this better than 'genuine feelings' because it's so much more than that but all of the following posts read supertown.

Spoiler:
In post 658, Nostredeus wrote:Okay here's how I do things when I replace in.

First of all I didn't read the OP Alive/Dead list before reading the game instead this time I opened up a wordpad document and started reading. As I go through games I write down my thoughts along the way meaning town get a feel for what I would have thought in those situations versus what my predecessor would have thought. So I started reading (at speed, less than an hour for 25 pages is on average 2 minutes per page assuming I didn't spend any time writing, which I did, or re-reading certain parts, which I did; try and bear that in mind here, post time stamps will objectively confirm this.); as I came to the end of D1 I saw the hammer/lynch of piggy and put my thoughts in the wordpad document (the first comment and the second comment) I also agreed with my predecessor in post #394. The next thing I did was look at the swap from Nero at the last minute to Piggy and think it was scummy (The third comment) which is why you got a load of suspicion from me, I then presumed Nero would be scum too or you two would have had less reason to bail on Nero but that wasn't the main read there it was solely implied; I later noticed Nero got killed N2 and went back to add the bit in brackets to avoid confusion (The 4th comment). I then skipped to the N2 lynch and read backwards since I had a basic impression of everyone already, I really don't need to see every post. When doing this I decided the way you and anxiety pushed for a Toon lynch was horrible, but more importantly the way Empking pushed for it with zero justification and sheeped you when in reality Emp had Toon as a Town read set off crazy alarm bells everywhere (This is why Emp gets added to the scum list). I then came across a tonne of quoted posts of interactions between UT and DY (Who at this point I hadn't seen was dead because I left that bit until last) and interpreted them both as town wasting each others time (which explains the next comment). Emp continued to coast along adding no content (which explained the comment after that) and then I see RC congratulating Emp on a load of reads/votes which Emp didn't justify; it was clear buddying with a tonne of straight up lies about the quality of Emp's play. (Hence the last post about RC)

So that's where I got to with the reads, exactly how it happened. I next looked at the case against my slot and responded before putting down a summary of the scum, FoS, Town reads that I had. After doing this I copy and pasted my wordpad document over to the Reply box and went back and read through to see if anything was missing (which is where I saw my DY mistake) and corrected it in the wordpad; and this is also where I derped, I posted the reply before copying across the new draft, that's where this massive distraction has come from. Then, as soon as UT pointed out the mistake I corrected it and DID NOT leverage any of that mistake to try and reinforce or gain town cred.

Now either that convinces you, in which case yay. Or it doesn't in which case meh you're on my scum read list anyway so I don't expect it to.

As for Emp, all those two quotes show is one really nebulous comment that means very little and is certainly not reason for a vote and one comment that allows Emp to sit on both sides of the fence after the vote goes south. I'm anything but convinced.

In post 803, Nostredeus wrote:On this: If I'm lynched and when I flip town continue to lynch F-16. (Then move on to Emp/RC)

In post 814, Nostredeus wrote:Throws the town into disarray at the lead up to deadline for no stated reason; making sure RC lives and making sure the only outcome is a no lynch or me dead, which as you'll no doubt end up seeing would have been a mis-lynch. The scummiest people in the game are chilling out on my wagon as plain as day; I suppose if I do die it wont all be a total waste, it might get people to look at them.

In post 854, Nostredeus wrote:Awesome, if you think you're right then hop on the RC wagon with me; either way you get to lynch scum right? Only this way I get to put town back on track before I get mis-lynched.

In post 877, Nostredeus wrote:I'd appreciate an opportunity to post once more before you hammer so if you could whack down an "intent to hammer" post I'll drop that in before you do; basically just to collect my thoughts all in one place for town's reference tomorrow to avoid any twisting that might occur. As for my case; I've made my point about RC, there's not much more for me to say here until others chime in.

That leaves 4nxi3ty, RC and F-16. F-16 I really really want to think is scum because his play this game makes little sense as town, he's been obtuse when it comes to giving out reads, stances and really been prod-dodging and low on activity for a large portion of the game, a lot of things that don't reassemble his town playstyle plus the fact that his read on us and interaction with us makes so fucking much sense as scum but with his claim I can see a way that it fits as town especially given his claimage of how he used it. We have an idea on what the setup is though and with mass-claim tomorrow if we make it there we can be pretty sure if he's town or not though, especially when we iron down the type of claim we're expecting to happen.

Speaking of which. RC's whole "Shall I claim" comes across as a PR soft-claim since he doesn't ask as such as VT, he refused to claim as town as a VT in a prior game I think Abarat Empire said and him being a PR doesn't fit
at all
with what we think the setup is. Literally has no chance of fitting, so that tied with the fact that process of elimination with him points heavily to scum and that his play today has been really weird makes him probably the best lynch which is sad given that I was really really hoping he was town and thought he was earlier. But Empire also says that DC kill makes a lot of sense for RC, I'll grab the quote explaining why later but from memory it had something to do with RC being scared of opposition as scum and killing people that suspect him a lot more often then most.

4nxiety I'm mixed on, his explanation behind his Nost scum-read and comment in of "waiting on people to start playing so I can move on" is a lot more like what I remember his town playstyle to be like and absolutely nothing like in Eddarks Starks game so not comfortable lynching him at the moment.

So for now;

Vote; RC

I'm going to be doing re-reading of this game in snippets for the next few hours and will be on AIM so Empire message me if you read this.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:30 am

Woooo. Empire actually turned up.

Anyway he thinks 4nxietys last few posts, specifically the thought process behind his reasoning on Nost is town so RC + F-16 is where we both lean.

Either way RC lynch today is by far the best move. People should start moving over asap so a deadline lynch on Nost isn't forced.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:48 am

In post 794, RedCoyote wrote:I can't believe Nost managed to squeeze through yesterday. The scumteam obviously had a hand in sparing his life there.
In post 866, RedCoyote wrote:Pretty much anyone that wasn't on his wagon, me excluded of course. It's rare enough for a no lynch, but it's super rare for it to stagnate so long.

The above comments from RC make no sense at all given that the VC was:

In post 759, DeasVail wrote:
Vote Count 3.09

Nostredeus (5)- F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Plan B, Gentlemen Bastards, N, JacobSavage
RedCoyote (3)- 4nxi3ty, Untrod Tripod, Nostredeus
Untrod Tripod (2)- Empking, RedCoyote

Not voting: No one!

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

No lynch has occured.

Which means the only people that could fit as 'the scum that saved Nost' would be 4nxiety and Empking who below;

In post 694, RedCoyote wrote:[
Town
]-------PlanB-Emp---4nx--JS-GB-[
]F16--N---Nost-UT---------[
Scum
]

He claims to have town-reads on making his statement and repeated of it make zero sense whatsoever, if he were town he'd have gone back looked at the VC for analysis and realized that it was only his town-reads not on it, either reassessed his town-reads or retracted his statement instead of restating it.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:49 am

Yeah, I'd say RC is scum here.

4nxiety, N and Empking, you guys need to move over.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 am

The below also look really bad, the vote on F-16 to only unvote 12 hours later with information that's provided previously which makes no sense not looking into when he originally voted but instead when he wanted to unvote, it was moreso justification for him to move rather than him moving because of legit reasons not to mention the reasons aren't legit. Plus him sticking F-16 behind two people who flipped town reads as distancing there.

In post 477, RedCoyote wrote:I don't necessarily agree that 4nx is likely town because of that, but I also don't feel all that comfortable with my scumreads right now.

Unvote
;
vote: F-16_Fighting_Falcon

In post 483, RedCoyote wrote:GB, what do y'all say to the fact that DY was pushing C+B suspicions pretty hard throughout the day? You don't think it was too hard?

I'm starting to think Toon might be the way to go today... but I feel like every player I look at leads to grasping at straws to find a solid connection to DY. The thing about Toon is that they had one little handshake early in the game and that was it. I'm also concerned about UT.

Unvote
;
vote: Toon Fighter

Having trouble with scumreads in this game, but I think Toon > NC > F-16 right now.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:55 am

Empire says this also points to a RC + F-16 scum-team.

Also says that DC actually put legit reasoning for explaining his RC scum-read and it wasn't just paranoia in

In post 255, Cletus+Brandine wrote:Red Coyote entrance: his analysis didn't ping my scumdar.

(Sorry for the large amount of small posts, just posting as we're talking)
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:49 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 877, Nostredeus wrote:
I'd appreciate an opportunity to post once more before you hammer so if you could whack down an "intent to hammer" post I'll drop that in before you do; basically just to collect my thoughts all in one place for town's reference tomorrow to avoid any twisting that might occur.

As for my case; I've made my point about RC, there's not much more for me to say here until others chime in.
I stated an intent to hammer about a week ago. You could've taken the time to collect your thoughts since then. Probly stalling for a no lynch here.

In post 881, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Either way RC lynch today is by far the best move. People should start moving over asap so a deadline lynch on Nost isn't forced.
I said RC was the best lynch earlier today, but no one followed then. Yesterday I tried switching to RC when his wagon had momentum and that didn't pan out. Sorry, I am not going to risk another no lynch. I think a RC/Nost team is way more likely than a RC/F16 team.

vote: Nost
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:18 am

Go fuck yourself 4nxiety, if Nost flips town like I think he will I'm done with this game, you'll have to hope that Empire is willing to play solo or that scum kill us.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:19 am

"Risk a no lynch"

There's four fucking days until deadline, no lynch isn't on the cards at all. Fucking joke of a game.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:26 am

I clean my hands of this game. Pretty damn sure it's RC + F-16 and that there's little to no way we actually win.

Anyway I'm going to bed before I start spamming the thread with swear words.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:35 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 874, Empking wrote:
In post 873, ArcAngel9 wrote:what is the current vote tally, when does the day ends?

Nost has three. Nobody else has enough votes to mention.

Deadline in a bit less that five days.

People not voting Nost: Can I assume that you're going for a No Lynch?

I wont be going for No lynch. i read through the posts.
so please tell me why do you think
Nost
is the scum?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:48 am

Post by Empking »

In post 700, Plan B wrote:Both Town players that scum chose to kill - Demon Core and Nero Cain - had strong suspicions of adorkable (Nostredeus). Both also had weaker suspicions of RedCoyote.

Out of Nostredeus and RedCoyote, I think Nostredeus is more likely to flip scum.

Here was the Vote Count when Nostredeus replaced in.

Untrod Tripod (4)- Empking, Plan B, JacobSavage, RedCoyote
Nostredeus (2)- 4nxi3ty, Gentlemen Bastards
Empking (1)- Untrod Tripod
4nxi3ty (1)- N

Not voting: F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Nostredeus

I think it makes sense for Nostredeus (as hypothetical scum) to settle on Empking if Untrod Tripod is Town. Nostredeus likely wouldn't want the outfall from pushing a mislynch to the brink. And, it's a powerful, but subtle, way to buddy up to Untrod Tripod by showing solidarity with the Townie under pressure. Plus, if Untrod Tripod went on to get lynched and flipped Town, it's good credit for Nostredeus.

I can see how Nostredeus as hypothetical Town could skim through and get a suspicion on Empking for play on the Toon Fighter lynch. But, I think ignoring the explanation and the context of Empking's play shows an irrationally firm stance. And, ignoring the similarity of how Untrod Tripod played on the Toon Fighter lynch shows a similar irrational adherence to his initial skim read.

Keep in mind that Nostredeus went to some lengths to explain just how quickly he ran through the thread and got those reads. Seems like a Townie who did that would be much more likely to be willing to reassess with more time to review and additional input from other players, as opposed to locking down on those first blush, skim reads.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:59 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 887, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Go fuck yourself 4nxiety, if Nost flips town like I think he will I'm done with this game, you'll have to hope that Empire is willing to play solo or that scum kill us.

really... now... ? if things don't go your way, you have a tantrum...

with the holidays and the current activity level of this game, a no lynch is a very real possibility.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:25 am

Post by Nostredeus »

I am, legitimately, a VT so good one bro.

Sadly I had to play so reservedly in comparison with my usual town meta; that mistake in the replace in post largely screwed me and made me scumbait.

Scum is quite clearly RC + a partner. I was going to say in the longer posted I wanted to make that I expect 4nxi3ty could be that partner and was intentionally linking me to RC so that when I flip town he/she can say "well that clears RC then". (I'd love to spend more time fleshing that out for you guys but sadly I don't know if I have it and want to get the barebones of this out.)

If it isn't 4nxi3ty lynch Plan B and you're probably golden.

Emp is 3rd on the list at the moment.

Sigh.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:32 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

seriously fuck that noise reg, i wanted to hammer nost a week ago and waited paitently because you asked. i even took the time to write out a fucking wall because you asked. and now you tell me to fuck off and say you're not going to play because we might've lynched wrong...
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:49 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

thanks Empking for the quoting quick review post from Plan B, that was quite helpful. Yes i agree with his insticts and Nostredeus recent gave me confirme me that he is trying harder to prove what he is not.

VOTE: Nostredeus[\vote]
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:50 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

vote:Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Nostredeus »

The hammer has already gone down but good one; calling it right here: RC + Plan B.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:00 am

Post by Nostredeus »

(I meant ArcAngel obviously)
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 pm

In post 894, 4nxi3ty wrote:seriously fuck that noise reg, i wanted to hammer nost a week ago and waited paitently because you asked. i even took the time to write out a fucking wall because you asked. and now you tell me to fuck off and say you're not going to play because we might've lynched wrong...

No, the hammer was brain-dead retarded, I just quoted a bunch of his posts that were extremely genuine and his 'state intention to hammer because I want to post a wall of thoughts' meant that if you still hadn't read him as town by that post alone you should be waiting for his other post to read him based on that, but no you go ahead and hammer him. Not just that but we point out a fucklload of things that make sense from RC+F-16 and state that RC soft-claimed when it doesn't fit in the setup making him near confscum if we're right on that but again no, you hammer Nost. Call it a tantrum if you want but I legit am done playing with morons.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”