d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 733, Aj The Epic wrote:Jason's vote is suspiciously sitting on someone who has very little to do with this conversation.
I don't find it suspicious at all. He built a case and I don't disagree with him.

p732... Can we please kill this guy already? I know that we're all waiting for kmd and I think he's Scum as well, but can we at least get the
promise
that were going to Lynch fuzz Today? Please?

In post 734, fuzzybutternut wrote:Honestly, I'd have to agree with you there
Well, considering the alternative...

In post 740, JasonWazza wrote:Why the hell is no-one concerned with a slot with what may as well be 0 content?
I think you're being a tad dramatic, Jason. I want thud/kmd to swing too, just after fuzz. I don't think that 'no one is concerned', we just have bigger fish to asphyxiate. Seriously, though I would like to be careful in this regard. While I agree that we need content before the Day ends, I think that Lynching a{n active} Lurker is not the right way to go about things. My strong recommendation is that we Lynch a scummy player and then worry about the invisible player when it comes time. After all, what you're pursuing went a long way to me winning my first Scum game way back in the day.

tbc...
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 740, JasonWazza wrote:i think kmd (and no offense meant by this) really shouldn't be replacing if he has to do this sort of thing that keeps a 0 content slot at 0 content.
At least give the guy a chance. I know that there's been nothing forthcoming yet, but it's right after the holidays and he
was
gracious enough to replace into a 30+ page game. If he doesn't make with the goods by his promised date {allowing a slight amount of leniency}, then have at thee with the insults!

In post 741, fuzzybutternut wrote:Why exactly does active lurking = scummy?
Following but not posting with any regularity. It's a way to fly under the radar without giving the Town a chance to properly read you. If you're 'grey' enough, you generally won't catch attention and won't get the Lynch. There's a subtle difference between Lurking and Active Lurking. Lurking is just being largely MIA, Active Lurking is 'being here' just enough to coast past prod dodges. Either way is deplorable, but it comes down to intent and content that makes it scummy.

Teaching side note- It's a bullshit Scum strat and is
not
actually playing the game. It's uber weaksauce and there is no honor in winning by just letting the Town destroy itself by means of absenteeism. LurkerScum infuriate me, in case you didn't notice [/soapbox]. If you're looking for a tutorial, check out this game that just finished. It contains multiple textbook examples of both... :/

In post 747, pirate mollie wrote:mala has thud in her top 2 town picks. I call that a strong town read you are focusing on minutiae wrt to word choice
I would politely disagree with this logic. I have AJ and mala as my top 2 Town reads, but neither is even remotely strong, I'm just leaning. No one in this game is exactly screaming Town to me.

tbc...

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 751, Malakittens wrote:I can't tell if AJ misrepped by accident or if he misrepped on purpose.
Explain, plz. What is the misrep you're having a hard time deciding on.

You know, at first I was staunchly on Jason's side of the debate over whether he wants a Lynch or pressure. I even had a paragraph long admonishment against the nonNewbs around here that are failing at the distinction. I went back to factcheck and found this gem, though.
In post 735, JasonWazza wrote:Right now i want a Thudworm/Kmd lynch, cause you know the slot has still done shit all.
In every subsequent post, you say that you want pressure and content, etc and I agree with all that. This however doesn't sit well with me and I can't believe I missed it in my first read/catch-up. Here you are clearly saying that you want a Lynch {not at this exact second, but still}. Care to comment, Jason? Also, I can't believe that out of everyone who's accusing you of pushing the Lynch, no one's actually quoted this.
In post 754, JasonWazza wrote:Did i say lynch him?

I want pressure on the slot so he doesn't just fuck around.
And in case you were wondering, this is where it really looks bad, btw...

@fuzz- Why are you debating bs semantics over a ScumClaim that isn't currently happening? This is what I like to call IIoA, but even then, there's not much Information. Why don't you feel the need to comment on the game instead of debate the merits of QuickLynching Claimed HypoScum?

In post 771, Malakittens wrote:I wouldn't have replaced in if I didn't have the time. /:
I seriously disagree with this kind of cheap shot. Kmd has given us a timeline of when we can expect a catch-up post. I'm not thrilled that this proposed timeline was 5-6 days away, but seriously? Atm, a lot of people are doing nothing but bitch about a replacement. I may just be in a foul mood tonight, but cut the guy some slack, seriously. I don't even like replacing in after 10 pages.

OK, caught up. I'll be online for at least another hour, btut I have a few games to catch-up on. I may be able to pop back on for discourse if responses are required :)

GTKAS - d3x
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 777, d3x wrote:
In post 735, JasonWazza wrote:Right now i want a Thudworm/Kmd lynch, cause you know the slot has still done shit all.
In every subsequent post, you say that you want pressure and content, etc and I agree with all that. This however doesn't sit well with me and I can't believe I missed it in my first read/catch-up. Here you are clearly saying that you want a Lynch {not at this exact second, but still}. Care to comment, Jason?

As in i would prefer for the thudworm/kmd lynch over the fuzz lynch, i think kmd is more likely to flip scum then fuzz is.

And this was in response to AJ saying i was planning to hammer fuzz, so i don't see how you can misrep this as more then me just saying i don't want a freaking fuzz lynch over kmd.

d3x wrote:
In post 733, Aj The Epic wrote:
p734... Can we please kill this guy already? I know that we're all waiting for kmd and I think he's Scum as well, but can we at least get the
promise
that were going to Lynch fuzz Today? Please?

First off FTFY (the post number)

second off doesn't he kinda have a point?

I get fuzz is doing not much logical thinking, but he has a point that it's not always scummy to have different reads then someone

Also i think we are most likely gonna end up lynching fuzz today, unless kmd flashes some major scum tells.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Well shit, forget the quote being of AJ in the second quote, it should just be a d3x quote.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by Malakittens »

This is the AJ post in question regarding the misrep.

I don't see how Jason was planning to hammer Fuzz.

Clearly, if I didn't fact-check my posts before going into an argument I wouldn't have said something that was taken out of context or misrepped. Jason IS pushing for a Thud-lynch rather than for pressure which is what I accused him of in the first place rather than voting Thud-KMD for pressure.

You can call it a cheap shot if you like, but if I knew I was busy and carrying two jobs with those hours I wouldn't have committed to replace in. I would have passed the slot along to someone else and then possibly taken the next spot that appeared. I am not really bitching about the replacement, but I'm just saying that I think it's unfair to have replaced in when you clearly didn't have sufficient time to begin with.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

VOTE: jason
whew!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

So its 1:30am and I'm not headed home yet so getting up at 8 like I planned probably won't happen. I will do some reading tomorrow though. Just don't expect it 6 or 7 hours from now.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 781, pirate mollie wrote:VOTE: jason

And this is because?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

VOTE: kmd
whew!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Well Mollie just needs to vote D3x and AJ to have voted the whole player list today. This is removing herself ofc.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Haiiii Mollie <3
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I haven't voted d3x yet
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

oic I really did want aj lynched, xposts
whew!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Mollie are you going to keep wagon hopping?

It's kinda annoying
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 789, JasonWazza wrote:Mollie are you going to keep wagon hopping?

It's kinda annoying

it isn't a wagon when you are the only vote or second vote on it on it

YOU are annoying.

hey jason do you think blogging about your life is a scumtell? cos I think it is but I have seen strong arguments that it is a relative tell.

same question to you mala
whew!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Not really. I'm just waiting for his promised content. I already said what I had to say about KMD in my post 780.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 790, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 789, JasonWazza wrote:Mollie are you going to keep wagon hopping?

It's kinda annoying

it isn't a wagon when you are the only vote or second vote on it on it

YOU are annoying.

"no you"

hey jason do you think blogging about your life is a scumtell? cos I think it is but I have seen strong arguments that it is a relative tell.

same question to you mala

I'm not sure, why do you think it would be a scum tell?

The only reason i can think of is active lurking (which the slot already was).
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Mollie. Where did you see that btw? Mind linking it to me?
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Okay guys, clearly I have a lot to catch up on, which I will do tomorrow. Classes started back today and my sleep schedule has been shit. Mollie's jumping around bothers me, though not as much as AJs rage Lynch comment. I'm really not sure what either are trying to accomplish. My vote isn't going anywhere near KMD until we actually hear something
At least his priorities are in the right place.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Newbie 1309 - Day Two - Vote Count 2.10

fuzzybutternut [2] - d3x, Malakittens
JasonWazza [2] - Aj the Epic, fuzzybutternut
Kmd4390 [2] - JasonWazza, pirate mollie

Not voting (1)
: Kmd4390

Phase Deadline:
(expired on 2013-01-18 09:02:59)
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Okay... For the sole intent of spurring some discussion, what happens if Fuzz flips town? We go into a bad place (especially assuming we don't get anything of use out of Kmd) with 5 players left. I can't imagine a worse situation at this point, but does anyone have any 'second' scum reads? If this goes to lylo, I'm definitely going to push a Jason or P_M lynch. Probably Jason, while hoping Kmd posts more. I would assume Jason has no connection to Kmd, so it's fine with me there.

This is all assumption, but we really need to start somewhere.

Then again, if he flips scum, I'm going to be crying because I honestly don't believe a beginner could make it difficult for me to find a solid second partner. This is what I'm worried about today, is that shouldn't we have a pretty clear second partner if someone like Fuzzy is scum?

Just looking for some thoughts.

Also
[qoute]And this was in response to AJ saying i was planning to hammer fuzz, so i don't see how you can misrep this as more then me just saying i don't want a freaking fuzz lynch over kmd.[/quote]

I politely disagree... You wanted him lynched yesterday. You aren't fooling anyone. But, you better not take hammer without a strong case. Because if you do hammer without a strong case, I will lynch you tomorrow. I keep getting this feeling that I'm about to see you play something out that will damn you as scum (I know the scenario, let's see if you play it today).
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

No way... I spelled quote wrong...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok I'm gonna read until my phone battery dies. I'll have thoughts up in an hour or so.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So from switching tabs, I just lost my post by accidently closing out the tab I had my post in. If you all want me to try to duplicate the post, I will.

Basically, d3x, aj, and fuzz are obvtown from newbtown tells in the early pages (d3x and aj inherit the read from the players they replaced). Jason looked like scum for a while and id have voted him if I was here but then he got in a back and forth with mollie and mollie looked bad but they don't look like scum together. So I'm torn between jason and mollie as scum. I haven't read everything, or as much as i'd hoped, but that's what I have so far.

Is there a way to restore something that was typed out but not saved anywhere? I'm on an android phone. Can I recover a tab that I didn't mean to close out?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”