penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 323, Junpei wrote:vote Loranthaceae

If I don't vote him now I might not get to later, will try and read more.

Why would you not getting to vote for Loranthaceae be a problem for you? Presumably that would happen if he was lynched without your vote; why do you want to be on the wagon?

Loranthaceae's posting, claiming his one post was a joke and then a reaction test, and generally voting wherever he perceives the wind to be blowing is making me quite content with my vote.

The case on Adam-12 does seem like the next best thing going. From my POV, I find it a bit odd that he seemed to have a positive read on me early in the day phase, when most of what I'd done was deny lying when it really, really looked like I was.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 325, penguin_alien wrote:Why would you not getting to vote for Loranthaceae be a problem for you? Presumably that would happen if he was lynched without your vote; why do you want to be on the wagon?

If other people got too much bandwagon steam. But honestly I don't know the vote count so I'm not sure where we are at, is the mod dead?
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Vote: Adam-12

Explain your case on me. I'm done playing your games. I want a reason besides pressure why you voted me. The reasons that you gave are vague.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

Junpei scum?
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 49, Junpei wrote:
In post 48, penguin_alien wrote:I get that, except he artificially limited any responses we could make. Beyond Jal's saying the QTs are as useful as we make them, which is true, it's not clear what else we could say that would be true or useful without violating the 'no elaborating on strategy' edict. Maybe he is just attempting to elicit conversation, but it seems like it's also a really good way to trap people into saying something he can declare anti-town at the least.

Hopefully after this game I will have gained a good enough rapport with you that you won't think that I would do such an idiotic thing such as that. It has scumhunting purpose, but the results won't allow me to make any of those kinds of conclusions no matter what.

Why would attempting to elicit conversation so early in the game be such a dumb thing? Is getting us out of RVS bad?

In post 66, Junpei wrote:
In post 51, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 49, Junpei wrote:It has scumhunting purpose, but the results won't allow me to make any of those kinds of conclusions no matter what.

At this point I'm just confused. You don't anticipate anyone answering in a way that's scummy or anti-town? But you can scumhunt with the answers? What am I missing here?

I never said that I could scumunt, I said it was asked with the intent of aiding scumhunting.

I don't see how my question is something that should be asked to The Mind Reader. I guess no one is willing to trust the question so I'll just state my reasoning:

I wanted the mind reader to know the answers. If people say that their QT is very useful, and they don't use it much or don't do anything beneficial in it, then perhaps we have mafia. The mafia QT part was a red herring; I figured mafia would spend more time on that part of the answer so they wouldn't be able to game the first question.

I agree with Juls 64

Why do you care if anybody trusts the question or not, I kind of agree with Adam here who said that you shouldn't have revealed what you wanted to achieve by this so quickly. Because as it is I see nothing useful with this except trying to fish, you obstructed any other type of usefulness once you revealed the intricacy of your trap before anyone seriously started to take notice that you wrote this post.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

EBWOP: that post .. your first post.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

Also you are kind of claiming yourself here, either vt or scum, by saying you want the mind reader to know ..., as in you're not the mind reader? Fishing for yourself doesn't make sense, therefore you must be scum.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

If you are scum I like this post very much, as in you played very well:

In post 66, Junpei wrote:
In post 51, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 49, Junpei wrote:It has scumhunting purpose, but the results won't allow me to make any of those kinds of conclusions no matter what.

At this point I'm just confused. You don't anticipate anyone answering in a way that's scummy or anti-town? But you can scumhunt with the answers? What am I missing here?

I never said that I could scumunt, I said it was asked with the intent of aiding scumhunting.

I don't see how my question is something that should be asked to The Mind Reader. I guess no one is willing to trust the question so I'll just state my reasoning:

I wanted the mind reader to know the answers. If people say that their QT is very useful, and they don't use it much or don't do anything beneficial in it, then perhaps we have mafia. The mafia QT part was a red herring; I figured mafia would spend more time on that part of the answer so they wouldn't be able to game the first question.

I agree with Juls 64

Notice How every sentence starts with an I and the only other hyphened words are The Mind Reader.
This is because you want to get people to think about whether you are the mind reader without saying so specifically. You even fake a mind reader slip later by saying you wanted the mind reader to know, as I was saying previously. But since the mind reader can't be that dumb to have to rely on breadcrumbs.. incredibly bad ones too, because he'll just recite some of the stuff people said in the QT when he claims, I figure:

The scum motivation for doing this is so your posts have more weight and you can get away with stuff like this, for instance:

In post 82, Junpei wrote:
Vote Mehdi

Just did some rereading and Mehdi is my vote because:

1) Hiding in the bushes, not wanting to make any confrontations

2) 'buddying' everyone; if that's the term, I think that she is trying to get on everyones' good side emotionally

3) Her posts are all game relevant and have content, but there is a supreme lack of original thoughts. Everything is pigging backing off something else.

That's just bad, but since you might be the mind reader people could think that you know something more from reading his personal QT. Like if he's active in thread but not in the QT that could be suspicious right.. so you give that impression. Sounds complicated? It's not, and scum had time to think it out. I actually doubt that Junpei or his scumbuddies came up with this trap before they got the role PM.. it's just that once they got scum they decided to sabotage it and use it as a brainwashing device.

Adam with his whole 'do not talk about the QT' stuff is in charge of making this plausible by saying he shouldn't have revealed the plan so quickly and thus acting like he realized that Junpei is the MR. He's also the chrononaut in charge of keeping everyone from debating this and figuring it out. He's the pitbull of this clandestine organisation while Junpei is the fake messiah. Don't fall for any of this shit.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

Adam 'the pitbull' in charge of hiding the conspiracy:

In post 262, Adam-12 wrote:Look you -- QUIT THIS. You are only helping scum and you are seriously pissing me off.

In post 264, Adam-12 wrote:Why is there always somebody every game that has no clue and just screws everything up?

In post 266, Adam-12 wrote:The question remains if you are doing this as scum. At this point I thnk you are but I am still catching up. Can you please just quit it my gosh.

EBWOP: I shouldn't have to explain it to you. There is a dang good reason why claiming VT is bad for the town buddy and you need to research it and find out for yourself. What really pisses me off is that people tend to say that you can't be scum for doing it which makes it a perfect place for scum to hide. I think you are caught scum and are overcompensating. I will detail this later.

It's also likely that he's been given the task keeping their lurker safe.

In post 77, Adam-12 wrote:I can understand T-Bone's play but I am not about to say anything about it but prefer to watch him; at this point I am just satisfied with his play for now. Kind of the same thing for Survivor although his play is somewhat different.

In post 79, Adam-12 wrote:Sometimes watching is better than taking action. I don't fully disagree with Survivor voting me & I have seen players play like T-Bone before. I am simply watching them both.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

EBWOP:I made a mistake in here saying Jumpei faked a mind reader slip. No, he said that he wants the mind reader to know ..

In post 66, Junpei wrote:I wanted the mind reader to know the answers.

This was either a townslip (as I said this is unlikely) or scumslip or his way to explain that he's not the mind reader and never claimed to be in the meta game, when people would start to wake up and be pissed about something he did but weren't sure what exactly it was.

Also notice how Junpei is also concerned with my experience level
In post 110, Junpei wrote:
In post 92, CityElectric wrote:This whole exchange makes me feel incredibly bad about Loran.

VOTE: Loran

Is this all your vote is based off of?

Loranthaceae: He asked you how experienced you were at the game of mafia as a whole; you responded by commenting on your ability to play scum, as if it pertained to this game.

like Adam was, so they can evaluate how susceptible I am to bullying.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

EBWOP:
In post 332, Loranthaceae wrote:Sounds complicated? It's not, and scum had time to think it out. I actually
doubt
that Junpei or his scumbuddies came up with this trap before they got the role PM.. it's just that once they got scum they decided to sabotage it and use it as a brainwashing device.

Here I want to say that I can imagine that Junpei or his scumbuddie etc. I don't doubt it. Phah I'll have to make a real case on Junpei.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

A revised
FOS
on Adam-12 aka the Chrononaut Pitbull, as well as a neat one for Junpei aka Fake Messiah coming soon.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

Mala and Jal what do you think of each other. The first one to ask me why I'm asking gets a prize
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

And people if you haven't sent in a codeword or something in your QT by which the MR can prove his identity (exclusively to you) then do it now. FFS use the setup advantage that town has and make the MR unlynchable!
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

I said I'd make a case on Junpei..but first:

DALT: Loranthaceae
(
d
ramatized
a
utobiographic
l
agoon of
t
hruth)
The manic street preacher

Friends, foes. Hear me out!

[The calling]

I have been blessed. The spirit of God, our holy father came to me in my sleep. My visions were unclear at first but now I see as clear as sailor merchants saw the guiding, glorious luminescence emanating from the Lighthouse of Alexandria in times past. The prophecy is true.

[The prophecy]

The Lord is coming!

the crowd mumbles in agitation

In fact he has always been among us. Do not fear, for as the Gospel teaches us only the wicked shall know his wrath that they have brought upon themselves. Yes, there are those among us who seek to blasphemously corrupt our God-fearing community and they have sworn to eradicate all of us and take our land, livestock, iphones and destroy all we hold dear.

"but why doesn't God stop them from doing it ?" a concerned looking young one asks, and gets held back in line immediately

The preacher looks at him, there is faith emanating from his old bland eyes

God is not a person. God is a setup, a constellation of causes and effects which sprung from divine axioms and held together by rules of nature. God is the game we find ourselves players in. The best players are those who think and act as an incarnation of The Lord, our champion, by simply being awesome.

He turns to face the crowd as a whole

We all have our little games in this game, we all have a life. We chose to believe that this God is benevolent because he let's us have fun and enjoy each other's company, but I have dire news for you. God is preparing us for an adventurous task filled with perils and he wants to test us to see if we are fit for it.

His expression turns stern

Some of you have come up with games which transcend God's benevolent purpose for us, they have gathered to play their own game, vile and wicked they came up with their own ideal. Their agenda is evil and in their unlimited blasphemy they started worshiping their leader. They say he's so powerful he can rival the Lord no, he's even better than the Lord. They say let's make these fools believe he is the Lord so we can take what is rightfully ours, take control of God!

The crowd resounds in shock

They even want to draw out the Lord from anonymity and kill him, twice before we use our collective powers to purge them from this reality. That is our test and we shall not fail. We are not afraid for our faith is pure and God favors not the wicked but the valiant.

"Shhhaaaht uup you crazy old coot". The crowd begins to dissipate.

Wait! I have more to tell you. The Gospel teaches us The Lord is incarnated in a person but he is also a holy weapon which we shall wield to accomplish our holy quest for he is immortal but his tie to our world is limited to two human hosts. He is a fractured manifestation of God, he knows everything we think. Talk to him he wants to know everything about you, he loves you. Try to get to know him, sheep him; for he is our shepherd and we are his herd. He is our Messiah and we have to be prepared to work together with him and purge ourselves of evil, for that is our test and we shall succeed, we shall fear no evil as we walk through the valley of the shadow of d...

"Ok, nastradamus, show's over, you're scaring these people"

Unlike King Arthus we have to prove we are worthy of Excalibur. There is a way ....

the crowd's perception of his voice begins to fade as he gets dragged away

.. give him ..
a code
word
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 am

Post by Junpei »

god fucking damn it Loran how old are you. That wall has zero points in it.

What kind of townie LOOKS for breadcrumbs like the one you're saying I put down with the Is and capital letters. I was NOT breadcrumbing anything and I was definitely not trying to brainwash people with some unproven science that has never been written about. I have played this game for a decently long time as far as I'm concerned and I almost always have a lot of credibility simply from being active, making good points, and lynching mafia. I don't need mind tricks and if I were to use them I would use something that has been accepted by philosophers and psychologists.

My question was getting no serious responses and it was just being a distraction (so it was having only negative effects), so I ended it.

Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 300, Jal wrote:You're going to have to explain how I am sheeping you on that point, because I really don't remember you mentioning reading comprehension and its potential scumminess regarding Adam.

In post 134, Lastsurvivor wrote:I really feel like Adam asks questions that he should really know the answer to, like his question to Jal in 75.

Loran why is Junpei suddenly scum?

Also, when are we gonna do something about this whole absent mod dealio?
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 340, Junpei wrote:god fucking damn it Loran how old are you. That wall has zero points in it.

What kind of townie LOOKS for breadcrumbs like the one you're saying I put down with the Is and capital letters. I was NOT breadcrumbing anything and I was definitely not trying to brainwash people with some unproven science that has never been written about. I have played this game for a decently long time as far as I'm concerned and I almost always have a lot of credibility simply from being active, making good points, and lynching mafia. I don't need mind tricks and if I were to use them I would use something that has been accepted by philosophers and psychologists.

My question was getting no serious responses and it was just being a distraction (so it was having only negative effects), so I ended it.

Stop trying to bully me what the fuck does my age have to do with anything. You don't want to see my points, you don't want to understand them, so you probably don't. Time will tell if I'm wrong but a townie wouldn't set a trap and then retract it before it has the chance to snap, just because someone doesn't understand what he's doing and is giving him static about his motives of doing so.

You think I looked specifically for that .. it was obvious like a naked chick in a room full of elephants. I don't care how long you've played and I don't believe you like lynching scum when you are scum so there is no point in saying stuff like this. Yes you need tricks to manipulate as scum, I shouldn't know because I never have been, but I've read some scum QTs and they always have something cooking in there.

A distraction from what the fuck? Adam vs Mehdi bullshit talk, whether penguin is lying about confirming talk, come on. Tell that to the tourist. Negative effects like what the fuck? People realizing that the only thing you were doing is fishing? That's a negative effect for scum, yes.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 342, Loranthaceae wrote:You think I looked specifically for that .. it was obvious like a naked chick in a room full of elephants. I don't care how long you've played and I don't believe you like lynching scum when you are scum so there is no point in saying stuff like this. Yes you need tricks to manipulate as scum, I shouldn't know because I never have been, but I've read some scum QTs and they always have something cooking in there.

Anyone will tell you that scum looks for breadcrumbs, not town.

I explained my question because I decided that it was not going to be beneficial due to the way that town reacted to it. YOU certainly were not at all helpful.

Question: If you thought that the question was useful and should not have been explained, then why didn't you answer it? You completely ignored it.

Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:53 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 343, Junpei wrote:Anyone will tell you that scum looks for breadcrumbs, not town.

I explained my question because I decided that it was not going to be beneficial due to the way that town reacted to it. YOU certainly were not at all helpful.

Question: If you thought that the question was useful and should not have been explained, then why didn't you answer it? You completely ignored it.

I didn't look for it, twas obvious mhhkey. Stop generalizing because not even scum would be dumb enough to look specifically for the mind reader's breadcrumbs in this setup, because he doesn't need them to prove who he is. Instead they'll try something like what you or Jal did to fish him out, ok? Especially when scum have daytalk and can plan it, your fishing expedition I mean.

I had other things on my mind and you didn't wait for them to settle so I can 'be helpful'. It looked like setup discussion at the time so it didn't have high priority for me, we had the whole game ahead of us to chit chat about that. What you did was open a window but then you bricked it in like we're never supposed to talk setup again as if it was evil.

If it wasn't for me the MR, who should have a pretty good idea who the scum is and who not, wouldn't have an encryption from everyone that enables him to signal his identity to those he trusts so they back off him in case they are on his wagon close to a lynch. What did you do, huh? Complain about people not noticing your case on Mehdi.

I tell you it's a shit case and you don't even care to fight that, shouldn't that be your priority? Oh you don't care about people getting your case because it is pure shit.. well then stop faking frustration about people not caring.

Why is your vote on me again? At least have the decency to explain me that
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 145, Juls wrote:
GreyICE (see his only post.)

How was his vote bad to you? And were the reads just in random order or was that most to least suspicious? Along with what did you find scummy in 109? I can understand disliking 107 but 109 as either alignment is a lot more obviously being sarcastic.

I also just realized another implication penguin thinking she confirmed within two hours has. As scum there would likely be a fairly early post in the scum qt so she'd know that wasn't the case from the start.

Pretty much agree with loran's read on last even if mala > last right now as a vote. The reasoning behind electric I still don't really understand. And the adam wall seems to have little desire to really persuade people to follow the suspicion.

Adam can you be less vague on jumping onto loran. 14 minutes being treated like a long time is also really exaggerated.

Loran for part of 177 townies also need to convince people to follow them more.

241: Positive remark'

City why not actually ask about why loran kept his vote on you if you want info, he said in the post right after that he wanted to keep it there so it wasn't forgetting to change, and adam got more suspicion so it's more of lack of being opportunistic. As for 306 you can change any player's mind.

I still don't understand how hostility is a scum tell.

Junpei why did you never respond to my response for your vote reasons?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Okay I'm done with this.

Unvote Vote: Loran
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

A bit annoying sure, but how was his last set of posts scummy?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Because a protown player wouldn't be this unhelpful as he has been on the last two pages.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

333 and 337 don't help at all if he believes them?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”