TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:19 am

Post by TheGreatestAmericanHero »

In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:Commenting that SAD and Cerulean are townie is a waste of time here, more talk about people that can actually be scum.

hang on, what? when is it ever a waste of time to comment on townreads?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 145, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:
In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:I don't know what BoP means. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if you personally had tunneled as scum on the best available player, because you usually have an attitude and overbrimming confidence. How terrible of me to have expected you to be trying great things instead of letting you sleep in like posting is ruining your beauty sleep. Instead of asking me what poor little Benmage could possibly do, just do something awesome or get on the rope.

Burden of Proficiency. You're attacking him because "OMG Benmage hasn't corralled the scum already." It's a logical fallacy and using it as the basis to say someone is scum is quite scummy.

Yeah this^.
In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:The gist of what I said is still the same though. I said he was doing nothing but rp complaining.
All I've done in that post is explained it better.

Isn't that all this game is....Statements, back n forths, restatements....discussion...etcetc

In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:Actually addressing continued Benmaging:

I've never seen scum successfully hide behind Roleplaying. I've rarely seen scum be motivated enough to try in the first place. Making up reads + trying to make them sound in character = :effort: More people should be forced to keep up stupid rp gimmicks just to see if they can keep it up.

The RP-ing alone isn't scummy. But it is annoying, and I can see scum hiding their motives behind. Now SAD's is fairly discernible, but still frustrating. I may also be a little sensitive to these things after cow's *spread arms wide*

Which btw camn, doesn't look like a PR, as pretty sure he broke 'character' in his red text.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 150, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:
In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:Commenting that SAD and Cerulean are townie is a waste of time here, more talk about people that can actually be scum.

Actually that read fairly townish from Shadow.... Cerul does ready pretty obvious town, and I wager my best town read thus far (although that's just from my shitty reading at work).

The point Shadow was making is we don't need everyone putting in the facade of 'reading' people by naming Cerulean town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am

In post 152, Benmage wrote:
In post 150, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:

Actually that read fairly townish from Shadow.... Cerul does ready pretty obvious town, and I wager my best town read thus far (although that's just from my shitty reading at work).

The point Shadow was making is we don't need everyone putting in the facade of 'reading' people by naming Cerulean town.

no, it sounds like he really doesn't want anyone to become a universal townread. you know who doesn't like a lot of universal townreads running around? scum. if everyone thinks cerulean is town then everyone should say they think cerulean is town.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

People stating opinions is a good thing. It ties them to those opinions for later.
#greenshirtthursdays
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 am

In post 154, ChannelDelibird wrote:People stating opinions is a good thing. It ties them to those opinions for later.

qft
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 120, Benmage wrote:
In post 100, Shadoweh wrote:outright having to tell people he wasn't going to be super active in a game.

Lost me on this one...What's it mean?

Weather Mafia II. Since it's impossible to direct link I'll just quote it.
"FYI This game with feature an atypical Benmage. I'm busier with life. I'm in less mafia. I'm a bit burnt out, but not spent yet. (Plus this one looked fun). So I don't want to hear any shit come d3/d4 zomg Benmage isn't playing like Benmage of old. (Get it out now, or get over it.) Activity will likely be in spurts, and much less dense."

That's what I thought you meant, but I don't really see how it is relevant... In that game I feared RL getting in the way. It ended up being a standard game for me, so that comment wasn't ever needed or valid. But I did want to also set a town precedent should the need for my gameplay to be significantly different arise again. I don't forsee my involvement in this game to be of too much concern as I am only in one other game, and don't plan on joining any others.

In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:How terrible of me to have expected you to be trying great things instead of letting you sleep in like posting is ruining your beauty sleep. Instead of asking me what poor little Benmage could possibly do

It just comical considering what little has been done this game. Also I've been attacked by both scum and town, so consider it null but a recurring annoying theme about me starting games slow. The dragon will awaken as it always does. Period.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 1, Votecount 6

Benmage (1) - Shadoweh
TheGreatestAmericanHero (1) - sottyrulez
Shadoweh (5) - camn, McStab, Cerulean, The Mini-Librarian, Nostredeus

Ser Arthur Dayne (2) - jasonT1981, SafetyDance
JastonT1981 (2) - Ser Arthur Dayne, Baby Spice
Nostredeus (3) - Vifam, TheGreatestAmericanHero, petapan
Plessiezarus (1) - Benmage
SafetyDance (1) - ChannelDelibird

Not voting (3):
Plessizarus, Deasvail, absta101

• With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 6th of February at 5:30pm GMAT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-02-06 13:30:28)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 155, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:
In post 154, ChannelDelibird wrote:People stating opinions is a good thing. It ties them to those opinions for later.

qft

I'm not trying to stifle reads... And if you want to mention cerul as a town read go nuts... But time could be better spent analyzing the null reads. Thats my point at least.

Cerul has read town, like I said before. Does that mean ignore him, no.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:37 am

Post by camn »

In post 151, Benmage wrote:Which btw camn, doesn't look like a PR, as pretty sure he broke 'character' in his red text.

I'd like an answer from him just the same.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:40 am

Post by McStab »

Nostredeus is scum. Brings up a bad idea WITH an implicit suggestion, that scum would have minor roles. This reads to me like scum who has a fakeclaim that isn't minor, thereby trying to divert suspicion from himself. Then he gives up the idea at the slightest pressure.

Vote: Nost

Also those attacking Ser Arthur Dayne really ought to question themselves as to how after seven pages of content the main scumread they have is on someone for talking in character, who obviously loves The Wire (any true fan of the Wire frequently quotes it and would be excitable about it).

That being said, I don't get a scumvibe from Benmage. I DO get a scumvibe from SafetyDance; but Nost is scummier.

Also GreatAmericanHero got townier since last time I posted.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 am

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 160, McStab wrote:Nostredeus is scum. Brings up a bad idea WITH an implicit suggestion, that scum would have minor roles. This reads to me like scum who has a fakeclaim that isn't minor, thereby trying to divert suspicion from himself. Then he gives up the idea at the slightest pressure.

So to be clear what you wanted to see happen there was me to not explain why I thought it was a good idea and then once proven wrong to keep pushing the idea?

Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 am

Nost struck me as pretty genuine in that exchange. Come vote SafetyDance instead, McStab.
#greenshirtthursdays
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Vifam »

Shadoweh is town
ok
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 am

Post by McStab »

It's all about context. You tried to come across non-committed to it so that if you got called out for role fishing you'd have an alibi. But you managed to get swayed by one small, two or three sentence post that doesn't even address that issue solely?

Also yeah you jumped on the Shadoweh wagon in that post and then Shadoweh convinced you why it was a bad idea. So you voted for the person you presumed to be scummiest and then got convinced by said scummy person (without you changing your opinion on him, as evidenced by your 77/78 is still scummy comment) to change your idea?

Nostredeus is a rat, lynch him.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 am

Post by McStab »

In post 162, ChannelDelibird wrote:Nost struck me as pretty genuine in that exchange. Come vote SafetyDance instead, McStab.

No, and for the record, if Nostredeus flips scum lynch CDB next. CDB on his own doesn't warrant a vote, but associatively he and Nost would make a good scumteam.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 am

OK, McStab's barking up the wrong tree with gusto but looks to be approaching it from a town mindset.
#greenshirtthursdays
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:05 am

Post by McStab »

Why exactly am I barking up the wrong tree?
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Vifam »

Cerulean is probably town too.

Good lynches:
Nost
Camm
Petapan
ok
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 132, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 103, Nostredeus wrote:<snip>

Do you happen to be a Tazaro alt bro?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 164, McStab wrote:It's all about context. You tried to come across non-committed to it so that if you got called out for role fishing you'd have an alibi. But you managed to get swayed by one small, two or three sentence post that doesn't even address that issue solely?

I asked for thoughts, I got some, I responded appropriately. The "one small, two or three sentence post" both addresses the idea and shows it to be a really bad one, frankly you can't expect players to be right all of the time in this game and if you start lynching players for both putting out ideas and retracting bad ones we're screwed.

Also yeah you jumped on the Shadoweh wagon in that post and then Shadoweh convinced you why it was a bad idea. So you voted for the person you presumed to be scummiest and then got convinced by said scummy person (without you changing your opinion on him, as evidenced by your 77/78 is still scummy comment) to change your idea?

I'm not sure I'm reading this right but I think you're saying I was convinced my mass name claim idea was bad by someone I thought was scum, but in reality I should have been unconvinced by it not because it was unconvincing but because it was said by a scum read? If that's not what you are saying then sorry to misrep you but I think I've got that right.

Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Vifam »

Dude step up your quote game
ok
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:10 am

McStab:

As I say, Nost struck me as genuinely having thought of something that he thought might help, then immediately (and repeatedly - look how he got ticked off when more than people kept objecting after he'd got the point) realising that he hadn't thought it through properly. I don't think the psychology looks faked there. You clearly do and, being sure about it, you're going all in, now you're finding his partners before you've seen his flip. It's perfectly fine for his top suspect to point out to him that his idea was bad and for him to accept it, while continue to suspect him for other reasons. But because you're convinced you've caught him on something else, you're interpreting it as scummy.
#greenshirtthursdays
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Vifam »

Stop BOLDING everything, separate some stuff
ok
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:11 am

Nost - it would be easier to read you if you posted your own responses outside of quote tags, so that we can be sure what's come from you and what's from the person you're quoting. I know, you're bolding, but it's not as clear.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”