Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:15 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

It's certainly an influence. I'm pretty damn sure I'm not as obvscum as those advocating my lynch seem to want people to think so the throwaway nature of the comment is suspicious. I think your interaction with Nost is scummy independently of that comment but each makes me more confident about being on the right track with the other.
#greenshirtthursdays
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:17 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 2, Votecount 20

ChannelDeliBird (6) - Plessiezarus, Zdenek, The Mini-Librarian, kuribo, camn Nostredeus

kuribo (5) - Cerulean, JasonT1981, Benmage, BT, Ser Arthur Dayne
Kise (1) - sottyrulez
BT (1) - Channeldelibird

Not voting (3) :
ZONEACE, Deasvail, Kise

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 22nd of February at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadlien: (expired on 2013-02-21 20:30:28)
  • No one is V/la

<3 <3 <3's for Valentine's day from your Mods!
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:28 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 1525, ChannelDelibird wrote:It's certainly an influence. I'm pretty damn sure I'm not as obvscum as those advocating my lynch seem to want people to think so the throwaway nature of the comment is suspicious. I think your interaction with Nost is scummy independently of that comment but each makes me more confident about being on the right track with the other.

I actually do happen to believe that your actions are being blown out of proportion to an extent. I'm just curious how much that statement is influencing your thoughts on us. Finding the statement suspicious is reasonable being that it seemingly came from nowhere. (It didn't, I think part of it stems from your vote on Jason appearing to be dependent on our position on him. It has been a source of uneasiness on our part to varying degrees obviously.)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 am

Well, I hope it's become understood thanks to my various different wordings that my Jason vote was not dependent on your position on him.

I wouldn't be comfortable saying either the comment on me or the Nost interaction is more influential in my suspicion of you, really. Both felt like part of the same dash just now so it's hard to separate. Call it about even.
#greenshirtthursdays
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:37 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

In post 1512, ChannelDelibird wrote:The Mini-Librarian - Said literally nothing about me other than his initial vote and a general "I just want CDB to hang/this wagon's so great" until I explicitly called him on ignoring me. I had him down as assumed town but have forgotten why and his play suits someone looking to ride my wagon and offer the bare minimum to add to my desperate defence when questioned on it. Guilty.

mmm-hmmm. How is my play regarding your slot scum motivated? Or any of the people you say are "coasting" on your wagon for that matter.
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:43 am

Here's how I see it: The people who have been most vocal and verbose about my wagon feel more town. They've explained their thinking more, taken the initiative on it, and seem town to me despite being wrong.

People like you, BT, et cetera have said little and less but stoked the fire of a wagon that was first running quickly up and now is in a position where it looks like it's dragging towards a "yeah, sure, that'll do" lynch. The scum motivation is to let that happen without having to justify it too much at the time because they know it's going to flip town.
#greenshirtthursdays
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:47 am

In post 1530, ChannelDelibird wrote:People like you, BT, et cetera have said little and less but stoked the fire of a wagon that was first running quickly up and now is in a position where it looks like it's dragging towards a "yeah, sure, that'll do" lynch. The scum motivation is to let that happen without having to justify it too much at the time because they know it's going to flip town.

OK, if this is the case you should take vote position into account. I also know you know that being vocal does not equal town.

Did you look at other people you suspect and their interactions between absta and TGAH, or just BT? If so what did you find?
in day 2
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:52 am

Sure. Why should your position on the wagon change my suspicion of you, as you imply? And no, I'm not saying simply talking more = town, I'm saying those people talked more and I liked what they said.

As I said, I looked at camn's interactions with both absta and BT, which has formed a big part of my new vote. I haven't made comparisons with TGAH yet because the nature of the traitor role is unknown - did the scum know who he was? Did he even know (likely, but let's not rule anything out)?

I haven't compared you and absta yet. BT was more pressing. I really do have work to do now but it will be my next order of business tomorrow. For the rest of tonight I'll be around to respond to anything immediate while I procrastinate.
#greenshirtthursdays
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:55 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I'm really not interested in lynching CDB today. Townread on him is getting stronger. Aside from the stuff between us and nost I'm finding his suspicions reasonable. (Not just on us but in general.)
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:03 am

OK. Just one last question for now. I may have missed it, but why was BT more pressing than the others?
in day 2
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:10 am

In post 1534, The Mini-Librarian wrote:OK. Just one last question for now. I may have missed it, but why was BT more pressing than the others?

When I started reading him in iso with absta, I was expecting to get maybe vague hints about possible connections and then have to do the same with others and compare. But, having already had more than one occasion where I'd noted something about him looking scummy, to then see that iso and the massive connection to absta on the camn vote, which he's since ditched altogether, it looked pretty clear that this was a proper case I had on my hands and one worth pressing ahead with immediately. I feel good about this. Three strikes on the scumdar - BT is out.
#greenshirtthursdays
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by camn »

I am ok with BT scum, I think.

Oh.. ps- I am sick as hell.. I almost had my appendix out today... which means I am stuck at home and will have more time for mafia. So watch yourselves :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Semi-V/LA till Monday.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 1533, sottyrulez wrote:I'm really not interested in lynching CDB today. Townread on him is getting stronger. Aside from the stuff between us and nost I'm finding his suspicions reasonable. (Not just on us but in general.)

Just to echo I am also no longer down with a CDB lynch. His posting today, plus scummier people with a dash of Zach convincing me has defo taken away my taste for that wagon.

~Sotty
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

I hate to agree with Scotty here but the last few pages feel town:

Unvote

@TML: CDB asked a reasonable question, could you answer it (at the very least so I see what I'm apparently missing there):

In post 1532, ChannelDelibird wrote:Sure. Why should your position on the wagon change my suspicion of you, as you imply?

Also if your main complaint with CDB is that he isn't looking for scum to what degree do you agree/disagree that CDB has been forced to defend himself instead and couldn't?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1457, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1451, DeasVail wrote:BT's

Um, with Kuribo being an actual wagon and all, I don't know how much of it is based on ActionDan neighbourizing me (if any at all), but one of the reasons he gave in the QT when I asked him the same question (before you guys did) was that he thought I was a PR because he felt like I was hanging back. I also think the way he said that he thought I was town in the QT after he decided to replace out is something that scum probably wouldn't think to do. Like, how does it benefit them. Kuribo maybe seems kind of town from his posts, but I'm not so sure on that one.

Reads will be properly updated this weekend, but at the moment:

Kuribo- Weak town. Some of his play I think could come from scum (I don't like him thinking that Pless's post gives information on the scumteam), but I have reasons to think the slot is town.

See this doesn't make sense, then again not a whole lot of dans behavior made sense. You say he said he neighborized you because he thought you were a pr, which would imply he already had a town read on you but in you say he said he had come to have a town read on you based on things said in the neighborhood. Now unfortunately Dan decided to engage in needless posturing and then act like mr mcsissypants when it garnered him a negative reaction that he knew beforehand it would get him, so those of us who were trying to get a better read on the slot are left confused overall for why he chose to neighborize you.

You say you have reasons to think he's town, well if you actually do it would be nice for you to share them. Empire and I have spent far too much of the limited time we have to play discussing that slot as a whole. And kuribo's focus on his 1v1and set up spec instead of actually scumhunting isn't helping clear up that slot.

Sorry the reasons are what I said in that post. Also, he did leave open the possibility of me being scum when he said he thought I could be a PR, and this is something I could see influencing my own choice of neighbour target, which is why it seems ok to me.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

@BT: Sorry, I've realised what I was saying was wrong. Why didn't you argue against my accusation that you didn't have any reasoning to suspect Kuribo? Also, I didn't ignore Absta, and I'm pretty sure that my comment on my experiences with him makes sense of my lack of suspicion/defence of him.

I don't get the problem with my thoughts on Kuribo's posts?

Can you summarise why you want to lynch me?

~~

Sorry Kuribo. I'd probably vote SAD, but I want to have a proper look at people. (This is most likely happening tonight, so get excited!)

First impression is that CDB feels more town.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Tammy »

deas....you're weirding me out.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1542, Tammy wrote:deas....you're weirding me out.

sorry
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1542, Tammy wrote:deas....you're weirding me out.

What is it that's weirding you out?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Reading back over Nostredeus, I think my read has weakened, I think I kind of gave him a free pass after his appeal for a mass nameclaim (which I still think is townish), but I think there are scummy things too:

In he seems to stop voting for Shadoweh just because other people aren't voting for her anymore, and there's no mention of him sheeping other people as a reason to have a weaker scumread on Shadoweh either.

At the end of Day 1, he's just resigned to TGAH being lynched (makes sense from mafia thinking he's town and maybe even knowing TGAH is scum). He kind of doesn't agree with the TGAH lynch, but offers no alternative. He doesn't seem interested at all in lynching a scumread, and more concerned with deciding what his 'position' is on TGAH.

is an example of a post that feels genuine to me though.

Nostredeus, why aren't you pushing a Sotty lynch harder?

Overall, I still lean town on him, but the read is weaker than it was before.

~~

But the above isn't that important, because DV has made a decision!!!!!

The one that you should all lynch is:

Spoiler:

So, there's . I know you're probably sick of me going on about this millions of times, but I really think it's scummy. When you look at why town would say that, you come up with all kinds of problems: Why do I need a good reason to think he's town if he's actually town? He says that finding him town for bad reasons is not a scumtell, so that can't be what he's getting at. I'm just left with a big ???

However, when you consider that scum could easily say it in an attempt to look town, then the most realistic option is that he's scum.

Um.... so yeah, there's not really anything else that I think is really scummy, except possibly that really weird reaction to the Absta death, but I don't know.

The thing is, one of the main reasons I've heard for SAD-town is him mentioning the possibility of a traitor, which, considering that scum may not have even known there was a traitor and that I don't think it's that daring even if they did, is not something I agree with.

However, I'm not really as confident about this is as I thought I was (and I sooo wanted to be for once! :( ), so I'm pretty open to people's townreads because he feels sort of town otherwise, but there's nothing that couldn't come from scum in my opinion.

I'd be ok voting Kise too I think.

And sorry, I'm probably weirding people out even more now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh,

Vote: SAD
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

Post by Kise »

323 looks like a needless post to have come from scum. It is iffy tho.

In post 328, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 326, petapan wrote:SAD do you think that people townreading you are just naive or possibly scum who are faking reads

Most are prob naive, but honestly didn't really expect it from others who know I'm capable of this (shadoweh comes to mind).

The last bit is what saves him in my eye. There were at least a few who he didn't trust giving the town rea d on him.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:54 am

Post by DeasVail »

The thing that gets me is that he was saying it to me, and I'm pretty sure at that time I was supposed to be one of those naive, stupid townies.

I don't know if trying to convince me of SAD-town is a great idea for you though. ;)
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 2, Votecount 21

ChannelDeliBird (5) - Plessiezarus, Zdenek, The Mini-Librarian, kuribo, camn

kuribo (5) - Cerulean, JasonT1981, Benmage, BT, Ser Arthur Dayne

Kise (1) - sottyrulez
BT (1) - Channeldelibird
Ser Arthur Dayne (1) - Deasvail

Not voting (3) :
ZONEACE, Kise, Nostredeus

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 22nd of February at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadlien: (expired on 2013-02-21 20:30:28)
  • No one is V/la

Prodding Zoneace

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”