NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4672, Aj The Epic wrote:To scum uber, everything is predicted.

AP, Look where IaI, Majiffy, Uber and Vifam are voting. I'd bet at least two of these are scum. What looks like the wagon scum are on to you? Too many change of hearts today after quicklynching matt.

wat
whew!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Matt flips town. Iai's investigation is guilty. Day lasts like 3 pages? IaI comes out with another guilty, half the town is immediately ready to wagon with him again. Even after the obvious lie.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 am

Post by UberNinja »

EXCEPT IT'S NOT OBVIOUS WHEN---

HAVE YOU EVEN BEEN FUCKING REA---

Spoiler:
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Yeah I've been reading, but it still doesn't make sense. You're assuming Matt was framed. And that AD is scum because IaI (who else has he investigated fyi?) got guilty on him.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:46 am

Post by UberNinja »

yes i'm assuming that

have you READ post 4205 or are you literally just playing dumb

i mean, read any of IAI's posts today

does that sound fake to you?
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Vifam »

In post 4646, Aj The Epic wrote:Vifam has 628 posts. Does anyone know what he supports at this point?

He literally has about 1/7 of this game posted and I can't think of two things about him on his reads besides wanting currently to lynch AD.

You have no idea what the fuck is going on please shut up
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Vifam »

ActionDan

Is

Scum
ok
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 am

Post by UberNinja »

honestly i am beginning to believe AJ is just dumbtown

i thought he was really scummy at the beginning of D4 but now i am not so sure

and then it makes less sense for Rev to have an immediate town read on him if they were buddies

it was probably just that Rev hadn't really gotten a read on him, and called him scummy all game, and then forgot what he said all game

because his reads weren't genuine reads, they were just knee jerk reactions to being asked questions or wanting to look useful

fuck this game. i'm the only one who's sane
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:54 am

Post by UberNinja »

what makes you SO sure, vifam?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Look, all the short posts throw me off with this many people. Yeah, I'm occasionally subconsciously switching majiffy for uber and trying to keep track of that (and I'm not sure I pay attention enough to Vifam) but there is a shitton of stuff to read through here.

Now, I heard something earlier (wasn't it AP?) about three roles that could've done this (busser, framer and something else), two of them aren't allowed in these kind of games (busser being one). Is a framer a standard role for something like this? I literally had to look it up because I've never played against a framer. It seems like such a worthless role unless specific circumstances arise.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am

Post by UberNinja »

so now we're outguessing the mod?

okay i'll play

but tell me why IAI's story makes sense and actiondan suddenly has a bee in his bonnet
why wouldn't he be calm and cool, knowing that IAI just led a mislynch on matt, and that nobody would listen to IAI today

Spoiler:
because he wasn't expecting to be inspected, that's why
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 4685, UberNinja wrote:so now we're outguessing the mod?

okay i'll play

but tell me why IAI's story makes sense and actiondan suddenly has a bee in his bonnet
why wouldn't he be calm and cool, knowing that IAI just led a mislynch on matt, and that nobody would listen to IAI today

Spoiler:

This is literally the only thing keeping even slightly on the fence about this.
beefycheese
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 4166, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 4164, ActionDan wrote:VOTE: IaI

there's not going to be a framer because it's absolutely useless when there's IC + 3 masons.

And this is what I was waiting for. Action Dan came back as scum. I was wondering why scum let me live must be they felt I'd be an easy mislynch after a bus driver or someone interfered.

vote action Dan

I'll explain more tonight when I am home on my computer

In post 4174, Vifam wrote:Oh wait nevermind I misinterpreted the convo with PirateMollie and IAI

If IAI has a guilty on ActionDan we should just lynch him since I doubt the scumteam had a correct frame twice. Especially when they're players who are more universally suspicious like Majiffy or to some extent Rev. ActionDan's isn't acting particularly town since D1 ended so whatever

VOTE: ActionDan

In post 4217, UberNinja wrote:k I can dig

Vote: ActionDan

p.s. i am really proud of you all for not quick lynching the cop w/a bad result btw
in games with lesser players this could have gone horribly horribly wrong

i.e. disney villains

holy fuck i will never live that down BUT it also wasn't my fault because they lynched all sorts of people that were 100% town

kinda like AP in this game

p-edit: yeah i got it.

In post 4236, Majiffy wrote:
In post 4172, Vifam wrote:Why did I write in my own name in that quote

Guiser slip. Moza guised into Vifam.

VOTE: Action Dan
4205 makes a lot of sense.

In post 4238, ActionDan wrote:You guys are considering busdrivers. If ANYTHING it's a redirector in the case where IaI is a cop. Let's get this set-up spec straight. Framer unlikely to hit me, so simply discount that possibility (and framers might as well just frame themsevles or their teammates. Plus being being an investigative target is not obvious imo). Busdriver is pretty dumb as well for the same reason (it's a little better since it gives scum two outs in the case where scum cops either me or a scum instead of one out). Redirector is by far the most likely. It's retardedly powerful however and JKer + redirector either doesn't exist or I'd think there'd be 4 scum.

IaI basically gave away his reason for picking me as his fake guilty. It's because I was the only one for sure who wasn't thinking he was a cop.

@To the people saying that I'd be hard to push over other people: the goal here is for IaI to simply take a stab at surviving an extra day. going 1v1 vs the guy that was sure to vote him was his best bet.

AP, it's annoying you think I'm scum from a misread of a tonal response. And I know you're snapping at it to comfort yourself because you're convinced that IaI's cop claim of three lines seems like a tonaly town post. It happens. This game is going to be a lesson for you. Logic trumps tone.

as for UN I don't think it's worth my time responding to it.
and he's still town

In post 4243, Lord Mhork wrote:I'd vote ActionDan, but I dunno how many votes are on him.

Also I think that a bus driver makes total sense. It punishes the town for a mass claim by giving targets to swap mafia for townies, easy targets to redirect the vig, and the ability to try and frame someone. Why are people so convinced that it wouldn't work in this setup? 0.o

In post 4246, Lord Mhork wrote:...yeah?

Or it means that MattP was driven and you actually are scum. That's likely too.

PEdit:
That doesn't make sense. Cops and busdrivers work great together.

It also gets around the bodyguard.

In post 4263, Lord Mhork wrote:I'm really liking town IAI here. :D

In post 4265, ActionDan wrote:
In post 4263, Lord Mhork wrote:I'm really liking town IAI here. :D

You don't deserve your IC status for your fucking ":D" Fucking think man

It occurs to me that I'm approaching this fight wrong. I want to say as AP said "you're all retarded" but I wanted to win logically and inject only minimal emotion.

But really that post is just too much.

By the end of today I will make sure your heads will lower in shame while you question just how stupid you are for allowing this guy to walk over you.

First: Anybody with any decent experience in this game, who is savy in regards to balance of roles, types of scum play, and in general has a sense of fucking probability, would be questioning and ultimately voting the cop claim

The only one of you that I know that posesses these qualities is Vifam. What makes Vifam scum is simply this:

In post 4180, Vifam wrote:I thought I implied my stance on it once I voted you

Yeah IAI is probably legit, chances are they're framer and scum got lucky with MattP, it'd make seeing the build of the setup

Because no, the chances are fucking low of IaI's cop target coincidences, and the set-up simply doesn't support framer either. Vifam is simply throwing out shit. Never an explaination why IaI is legit. Just is.

2ndly let me direct you to all the posts mentioning Matt as a town read followed by the vote on him without thought. Then the post where Vifam votes me in succession.

In post 716, Vifam wrote:
In post 713, mozamis wrote:Oh my town reads are basically all the really active people. Herobrine, MattP, Bitmap, Majiffy, Mollie. Prob Vifam although quite often he seems to just agree with whatever MattP has said. Still, I've sheeped myself, so it's not a scum read, just something I'm looking at.
Everyone else null or pos scum.

TBH I actually find a lot of what MattP says illogical but it's a lot easier to just nod your head in agreement, ya know? Plus he's town so it's like whatever

In post 1508, Vifam wrote:
In post 1495, AngryPidgeon wrote:Vifam who was your biggest townread going into last night?

Also ya matt is scum too.

So lets do this. Zabriel/Vifam/Matt. Awesome picks for today.

That's a terrible list.

My biggest townread was MattP and it still is MattP

In post 1518, Vifam wrote:
In post 1516, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also @
AJ
: I have a question I want to ask you in real time when we are both on.

Fair enough.

Hmm, guess JS is kinda in my lens via PoE. Im getting some good townreads this game. JS had one post in particular that rubbed me wrong.

But he is an easy wagon and the votes on him seem like layovers from yesterday / no real reasoning provided (hell I consider link to a post with 'gut' as reasoning enough for me to consider). I'd rather lynch a scumbag today that is less likely to get lynched w/o my help, (So basically you/mattp). Because if I die, there is no fucking way either of you is getting lynched.

I'm not scum though.

98% sure MattP isn't either

In post 2129, Vifam wrote:Whatever, I didn't think MattP was scum before this and I don't now, it's gonna be pretty hard to convince me

In post 2207, Vifam wrote:Literally all your scumreads revolve around MattP, who is probably town.

In post 2569, Vifam wrote:I guess your right, AP. Eh, I think MattP is town but I guess he's a good investigation with the suspicion on him

In post 2995, Vifam wrote:AP is town
MattP is town
PirateMollie is town
Vifam is town
Mhork is town
P_A is town
Bork is town
UberNinja is town
Majiffy looks town but he's my weakest read
Same with PV

Everyone else is fair game

In post 4055, Vifam wrote:VOTE: MattP

In post 4035, Vifam wrote:The BG died so scum are obviously trying to get to someone

In post 4178, Vifam wrote:
ActionDan wrote:Btw, that Vifam post is also god awful. Because it invokes WIFOM in a particular way as to favor one outcome (that of BG targetting claimed cop and scum shooting claimed cop) over the other just as pausible if not more so outcomes (scum shooting BG, scum shooting IC which BG protects, scum shooting a mason that BG protects). I read it less as a "Oh this idea just popped into my mind" and more a "they gots the cop, he's totes legit"

I still don't get it tbh. I just thought Buld died because scum wanted to get to other roles

ActionDan wrote:and Vifam always thought Matt was town Vifam's vote also displays cognitive dissonance.

I thought MattP was town but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna swallow my pride and vote him if he turned out guilty

In post 4174, Vifam wrote:Oh wait nevermind I misinterpreted the convo with PirateMollie and IAI

If IAI has a guilty on ActionDan we should just lynch him since I doubt the scumteam had a correct frame twice. Especially when they're players who are more universally suspicious like Majiffy or to some extent Rev. ActionDan's isn't acting particularly town since D1 ended so whatever

NEVER ANY DOUBT. I can vote MattP cause of cop claim HURR DURR. Buldermar died BG so obviously scum are trying to kill "
someone
" off, but it could be any role, like our IC, or maybe our masons! I sure wasn't implying that scum totally wanted to take out the cop claim thereby suggesting that said cop claim is town!

No townie would EVER go willie nilly down lynch road after a cop claim got their #1 town read lynched without at least thinking about whether maybe the cop is lying scum (which again is at least something that isn't hard to imagine, hell most of this town can at least SEE it).

More telling is this sentence I'll quote it again,
In post 4174, Vifam wrote:
ActionDan's isn't acting particularly town since D1 ended so whatever

Because did that fucking matter when you voted MattP? Don't Think So!

After IaI, you lynch this town.

I'll respond to IaI and his wall throwing shit on me in a min.

In post 4685, UberNinja wrote:so now we're outguessing the mod?

okay i'll play

why wouldn't he be calm and cool, knowing that IAI just led a mislynch on matt, and
that nobody would listen to IAI today

Spoiler:

Reality.

Uberninja can't see it
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Yeah I totally read that post.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by UberNinja »

I just realized IAI only posted once during all of Day 4

and that was to say MattP was scum
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by TheReverend »

I'm V/LA over next few days, I'll be vaguely about tomorrow but friday and saturday I'm likely to be offline.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Wagons are tied at 5.
6 days bankable remain.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by UberNinja »

i'm v/la until i catch up on something else
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by UberNinja »

wheeee i am really enjoying something

i can't wait until i'm done with my ranking index btw, that's gonna be sweet
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by UberNinja »

4687 is tuuuurrrrrrible btw
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 4688, Majiffy wrote:Yeah I totally read that post.

||
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I've heard people theorize that unorganized walls are scum product to make people not want to read...
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense; why would scum make a giant wall that no one will read, only ultimately serving to making their posts annoying and thus more likely a PL target or compromise lynch?

||
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Trust me, I've done it myself on occasion.

And trust me, I've seen mastin2 do it.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 4696, Aj The Epic wrote:I've heard people theorize that unorganized walls are scum product to make people not want to read...

I'm super motivated to find scum all of a sudden.

I just had a burst of energy from something else I won't talk about here, and I want to scumhunt the shit out of every game I'm in.

I'm also uncharacteristically typing with correct punctuation.
Let's pick somebody and scumhunt the shit out of them.

I choose TheReverend. You get to pick the next one, AJ.
We are doing that "work with somebody you think* is scum to find other/actual scum" thing that I like to do, because it helps me get my bearings a lot.
*or, if scum, purport to think, but that's neither here nor there. It works either way

So, ready set go.
Confirmation bias goes out the window, and TheReverend gets a clean slate.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”