/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

why would I want to lynch Benmage?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I was going to say I thought the role as stated didn't sound Normal but then a bunch of people posted about a normal in which this already happened. So I guess it's not that unbelievable after all. I am not volunteering for anything, if you think you can do it then go ahead and try, at least a wagon would make me feel more involved then being sucker punched by two competing wagons. (Which apparently you are blind to from the way you're talking to Nacho.)

I can't even be properly mad about Tierce because I think it's justifiable, I just can't get into this game. Sigh, I'll continue staring at these posts until a read pops up I supose. cross off vi ces nacho empire tierce, if vi then cross off wicked, cross ogml's replacement. I'm going to ignore logic and propose the theory that CES and Vi are two active posters caught up in each other for being too loud and go from there.

Benmage - I feel like I've stared into the sea of Chaos and come back not whole. I don't think I'm exagerating to say that Benmage is completely incomprehensible. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it at this point, but I'm positive none of his posts are actually saying anything and they seriously hurt to read. After I was done being dizzy I decided to just look at what he thought of Llamarble because he said today he was so scum, and his last mention of him before that is http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p4744117 <-- "Llamarble is bumped to town" so I have to ask if Benmage remembers what his reads are anymore. Just to make sure it wasn't just Benmage I went to read him in another thread and it didn't burn my eyes to look at his posts so.
Cut by Llamarble asking if we can just lynch him. Well how much of that is based on him just hating you?

I'm just gonna post this now while I go down my not off list list (DeasVail, Konowa, Llamarble, Tammy) I will say right now that Tammy's post to Empire comes off as whining, which I really don't associate with Tammy-Town.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Actually I already know what I'm going to say about Llamarble. "Took drugs Day 2, is literally insane, if Llamarble takes refuge in audacity as scum then is scum." Which no one has commented on today so presumably Llamarble is normally insane? Whatever.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 999, Llamarble wrote:
In post 987, Tierce wrote:Vi and CES should both vote Shadoweh.
Can you explain Shadowehscum please?
I was kind of figuring she'd die soon if town, what with the "if I were a vig I would shoot CTD without a claim" business.

Who wants to just lynch Benmage?
Shadoweh loves to coast as scum. She can sit on her votes as Town as well, but look at stuff like this:
Shadoweh wrote:I can't even be properly mad about Tierce because I think it's justifiable, I just can't get into this game.
Sigh, I'll continue staring at these posts until a read pops up I supose.
cross off vi ces nacho empire tierce, if vi then cross off wicked, cross ogml's replacement. I'm going to ignore logic and propose the theory that CES and Vi are two active posters caught up in each other for being too loud and go from there.
It took her until less than 72 hours till end of D2 to start producing any semblance of content, and frankly I only think she's doing it because I'm voting her. Look at how many excuses she produced not to post content in ADwD (she was the main poster of the Pandora hydra), and look at her play here. When Shadoweh-Town can't get into the game, SHE WORKS ON IT. That's not what she's doing here, and even her language is of someone who cannot be bothered. She is calling CES and Vi Town, not bothering much about the wagons on them, and has no reasoning to present for it. Look at how passive all of is, for a player who usually has no issues being confrontational--and with this playerlist, of all things? If this doesn't smell fishy I don't know what does. Look at . That's not even being confrontational, that's babbling nonsense that has
absolutely no conclusion
. She's coasting, fencesitting scum.

Vi, my main question regarding your claim is: why didn't you read Johhog last Night?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Admittedly that does sound like something I would say as scum. I was going to end the post just like that but I thought I would try to actually post something instead. This -IS- me working on it. And yes, it is a little because you're voting me, because it'd be shameful to be lynched on a wagon led by you in this game. I don't care about the wagons on them either way. It's two loud people with votes on them for being loud and fighting each other. Trying to look at it any other way has caused my brain to lock, so I'm just going to accept the conclusion that leaves me able to post words.

Actually, if I wanted to coast I would post alot more like I was in ADwD, because every time I've tried to engage people in this game has involved them noticing me. It'd be easier to just say fuck it and hide.

I've concluded after reading Llamarble in another game that him posting like he's insane is actually how he town posts.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Konowa is honestly someone I wasn't reading at all. I also tend to ignore people who are attacking me with what I think are decent sounding cases. I have doubts the scum would have been looking at their traitor to see who he might have implicated as closely as Konowa indicated in #844, so I'm still inclined to ignore him.
Oh boy 4am. *looks at last person on list* *looks at tempting, fluffy pillow blanket chocolatey coated bed* eeeeh no I can do this.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Empire, I felt (most likely irrationally) self-conscious about asking people to abandon their wagons and join me.

And with Konowa, it's that he waited so long to say it. When you do something like that you think you're all smart and want to get it out as soon as you can. That's not what happened.

I don't know what I think of the perspective slip thing. I feel like there's an explanation behind it (that he was talking about what he would have done in Tierce's position as town), but with Konowa not here there's not much to do about that. I'll go with maybe and say that instead of going with something controversial, lynch him (or UT actually) for other reasons that are better!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Vi »

Konowa 312 wrote:Her DV vote is what I
would have done
as Town, so as reaction I wanted to see how she responded to me calling her Town early and then brushing off the "wtfcritwallz".
Ah. You were referring to this instead of "would do", right? ( [x] language )

(Well excuse me for being asleep.)

Tammy 993 wrote:But vi why did you choose wicked to investigate?
A personal scum read who everyone thought was Town who would be a nightmare to go through and would probably coast all the way down.

That, and at the time of that post, I was reading
In post 536, Empire wrote:
TOWN (S->W):
Tierce, Benmage, DV, Tammy, [gap], Shadoweh, Konowa, Llamarble, [gap], Johhog, CES
Scum in {
CTD,
N, Nacho, penguin, Vi,
Wickedestjr}
See also
In post 756, Vi wrote:and more importantly, our Town mascots Tierce and Empire are most likely completely off the mark.
In post 758, Vi wrote:
In post 757, Empire wrote:P-Edit: Pretty sure I had CTD in my PoE pool.
That's one.

Tierce 1003 wrote:Vi, my main question regarding your claim is: why didn't you read Johhog last Night?
Why would I?

Two and a half days to deadline. I'll decide who to vote when I get back in.

---

Tierce 987 wrote:#stillnotcontent: Vi, your rainbow pattern is broken. Though I do appreciate the red pick.
Mauve IS a color of the rainbow! *huff*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Not only did I fall asleep, I just realized I forgot DeasVail existed. Staring at Tammy's posts I can't come up with something that would drive a case in 3 days or bust. I do know what's bothering me though, her posts are too familiar. There's trusting, and then there's trusting to the point of not looking for alignments. That and she hasn't gotten into a hueg fight with anyone yet. How often does that not happen? <.<

##Vote: Benmage
Even if it's unlikely it's more reflective of my point of view right now, and I honestly wish to see neither of the current wagons dead at this point.

Also on scumslip: I don't think that's unusual sentence structure? "Vi's vote on CES is what I would have done as Town" would mean 'what I would do if I were Vi and town'.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 960, Vi wrote:
In post 953, Tammy wrote:Oh and vi can you link me to a scum (or mafia) game that is not you as a hydra? And ideally not one in which you spammed the game in latin or in what I can only assume is Harry potter fan fiction? Oh and maybe something other than experimental mafia?
Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, aka "what do you mean I can't bus my whole team" IIRC. Since a lot of that game died in the crash, that leaves DEFCON 3.0, which was one of many games I'd just as soon not see resurface due to the extreme badness therein. Please see wiki etc.

Thank you. Couldnt you have claimed before I read through that though?

["quote="vi"]
Honestly the thing that worries me most about this is the insistence that there
must
be one scum between me and CES. Regardless of how I feel about the Dutchie, being forced into a situation where it's possible that both of us are Town and the lynch is just kind of ~decided~ to be between one of us for vague reasons ("well they're the ones arguing, and it's taken up the whole day [because literally half the game isn't posting], and when two people go after each other all the time like this is must be TownVscum") is setting off giant red fireworks.[/quote]

If this is in reference to me it pretty much highlights one of the things that has bugged me about you not giving a read on me because you're skittish. It's not like I'm a lurker who doesn't post things and is therefore hard to read. I've posted quite a bit of content, so the "I'm relying on empire here" makes it convenient for you to change at your whim and you don't have to worry about looking unnatural shifting a town read if necessary. Saying that it doesn't feel like townvtown and that I'd be super surprised if both of you were town doesn't even come close to insisting that there must so strong must is italicized be that way.

And if you're not sure one of the two of you is scum, why has all of your arguments and evidence been pointing to the obvious argument that ces is scum

-----------------

Oh and you asked in why you would read johhog? Didn't he fit a similar criteria? Scum red of yours a lot of people thought was town?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1001, Shadoweh wrote:

I'm just gonna post this now while I go down my not off list list (DeasVail, Konowa, Llamarble, Tammy) I will say right now that Tammy's post to Empire comes off as whining, which I really don't associate with Tammy-Town.

What was whining about it? That I'm entering the whimper stage and want someone, who I trust, to sheep?

Your permission to use the "what I associate with town-Tammy" card is hereby summarily revoked until you learn how to use it properly because none absolutley none of what you have been claiming doesn't fit town Tammy since the beginning of the game has any basis in fact or reality. I post in one liners as town. I'm not always mad as town. I dont always go into deep insights as town. And I do, in fact whine as town. Especially so when I've read through everyone more than once, read their meta, and still come up lost.

And just so you're aware, anyone who knows how to properly use the "this is what town-Tammy does" card knows I'm quite obviously town here. Oh and here's a little bonus hint for you, you know that thing I've mentioned a couple times, the dissertation whose deadline is rapidly approaching and is not about mafia? Yeah, that one. I'd love to have an actual real life thing that makes me busy, that more than one person in this game knows is true, to hide behind so I didn't have to post and what would make it better is I would totally blend in with the other half of the game that is doing jut that. If you actually knew anything about me, you would know the amount of time and energy I've put into this game, makes it inifinitely more likely that I'm town than not.

In post 1008, Shadoweh wrote:Not only did I fall asleep, I just realized I forgot DeasVail existed. Staring at Tammy's posts I can't come up with something that would drive a case in 3 days or bust. I do know what's bothering me though, her posts are too familiar. There's trusting, and then there's trusting to the point of not looking for alignments. That and she hasn't gotten into a hueg fight with anyone yet. How often does that not happen? <.<
'.

So, you actually got around to reading my posts and realized the crap you spewed earlier didn't hold and decided to just mudsling instead? Awesome. I'd really love to see what kind of case you could come up with. I'd like for you to point out where I'm not actually looking for alignment, because that's rich, and what ive been doing all game. And I don't mean a "this is the sense I get blah blah blah" I want you to point out specific instances of where I'm just too familiar (whatever that means) and too trusting and not looking for alignments. I want to see that you are actually reading my posts.

As far as the last line. You better be trolling because if that's an actual accusation, congratulations you win the thread for the stupidest remark.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:10 am

Post by Tammy »

Dammit. While looking at vi's post, I had a flash for why n might be town and I can't remember what it was. Putting this here mostly for myself to try to remember what that was later.

UT - I would love to just sheep you, but I'm not sure about your alignment and don't feel great about ces being scum.

I know I need to move my vote, but I'm not sure where I want to move it yet. I need to get some work done, I'll come back tot his in a bit.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1008, Shadoweh wrote:Not only did I fall asleep, I just realized I forgot DeasVail existed. Staring at Tammy's posts I can't come up with something that would drive a case in 3 days or bust. I do know what's bothering me though, her posts are too familiar. There's trusting, and then there's trusting to the point of not looking for alignments. That and she hasn't gotten into a hueg fight with anyone yet. How often does that not happen? <.<

Do you know what makes this even worse shadoweh? Is that just a few posts ago, you crossed off 8 people as town and gave a short list of four people on your not crossed off list. Then proceeded to cross off people off your not crossed off list. So, you trust two-thirds of this game and then decided to trust some more people? And then you seriously accuse me of being to trusting and not looking for alignments? Because there's hypocritical and then there's hypocritical. And I would say hypocrisy is somewhat of a town tell I most people, but I know that when you're scum you have a tendency to just say stuff and not be careful that you're being hypocritical or negating a previous post.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

move it to where mine is tammy. shepherding up in this bitch

thou art my sheep and I am thy shepherd. I will not lead thee astray
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

The thing about Vi's claim is although I can imagine her remembering that role from NY146, I doubt that she'd also remember Faraday's involvement as a reviewer. (Also, she's not getting lynched and stuff.)

Empire, if I had given an early opinion on the 'marblewagon, it would've been to reject it based on readability shenanigans. So the comparison to Abarat and White Flag makes little sense.

Vote: Shadoweh
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

SHUT UP SCUM
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:27 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

YOUR BUS DOES NOT IMPRESS ME
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 2, Votecount 10

Vi (2) - Benmage, Tammy
Cogito Ergo Sum (4) - Vi, OhGodMyLife, Llamarble, Untrod Tripod

Untrod Tripod (1) - Deasvail
Deasvail (1) - Wickedestjr
Shadoweh (2) - Tierce, Cogito Ergo Sum
Llamarble (1) - Nachomamma8
Benmage (1) - Shadoweh

Not voting (1) :
Empire

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 21st of March at 11:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-21 19:15:44)
  • Empire and Nachomamma8 are V/la

no cpu atm this took ages. see cake + wish well k. will fix errors later. #XBOX
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Llamarble »

Yay, the way feels clear!
VOTE: Shadoweh
I feel much better about this vote than most others today, except maybe my pre-replace Konowa vote.
At this point I want to say the buddies are Benmage and UT with Nacho as a backup.
Shadoweh, I am amused that you find me insane :)

I have lost interest in CESscum as a possibility for the time being.
He never really felt like an excellent scum-for-sure lynch and I was sheeping Vi a little.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:41 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Still happy with my CES vote. Lets all sheep UT.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Llamarble »

CES is the backup-backup. He does make the wagons work nicely, and his pushes / insights (or lack of really good ones) have been a little weird, but if he is scum he has handled several situations well.
Not that I would expect him to not play well, but Shadoweh is much more solid scumnium.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Why do you think benmage is scum, OGML?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Empire »

Quick phone post since I'm in class all day, more when I get home.

CES, why did you say the CTD wagon was anti-town last Day?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Tammy: Would you be upset with me if I told you I wanted to make you mad to see what would happen? Why didn't you vote me after that? O_o (Not that I don't mean what I said though. Yes, that's the part I meant as whining and no, at this moment I'm not really symphasizing with being ignored while asking other people to have opinions for you. If you're not scum then get your own? Maybe I'm jealous.)
In post 1012, Tammy wrote:
Do you know what makes this even worse shadoweh? Is that just a few posts ago, you crossed off 8 people as town and gave a short list of four people on your not crossed off list. Then proceeded to cross off people off your not crossed off list. So, you trust two-thirds of this game and then decided to trust some more people? And then you seriously accuse me of being to trusting and not looking for alignments?

Should I have come to the conclusion that all five people are scum? I'm not egotistical enough to assume I found the entire scum team and we can all go home before actually reading everyone in depth. The logical conclusion is that I'm wrong somewhere, but finding something concrete in a group of suspects at this point is more important to me then sussing out which town reads aren't.
And I would say hypocrisy is somewhat of a town tell I most people, but I know that when you're scum you have a tendency to just say stuff and not be careful that you're being hypocritical or negating a previous post.
This is completely untrue, my town posts are written as near non-sequitors and I challenge you to find a game that isn't like that.

Llamarble: Speaking of insane, I'd ask why you're voting me, but I'm more interested in why you would group me as scum with the person I voted with the most detail on what I find bad about his posts. Also the idea that I would force myself to make up bullshit about both my scumpartners instead of putting at least one in the 'totes town' pile is insulting.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1009, Tammy wrote:
In post 960, Vi wrote:
In post 953, Tammy wrote:Oh and vi can you link me to a scum (or mafia) game that is not you as a hydra? And ideally not one in which you spammed the game in latin or in what I can only assume is Harry potter fan fiction? Oh and maybe something other than experimental mafia?
Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, aka "what do you mean I can't bus my whole team" IIRC. Since a lot of that game died in the crash, that leaves DEFCON 3.0, which was one of many games I'd just as soon not see resurface due to the extreme badness therein. Please see wiki etc.
Thank you. Couldnt you have claimed before I read through that though?
You needed to see PookyTheMagicalBearxInternet Stranger.

vi wrote:Honestly the thing that worries me most about this is the insistence that there
must
be one scum between me and CES. Regardless of how I feel about the Dutchie, being forced into a situation where it's possible that both of us are Town and the lynch is just kind of ~decided~ to be between one of us for vague reasons ("well they're the ones arguing, and it's taken up the whole day [because literally half the game isn't posting], and when two people go after each other all the time like this is must be TownVscum") is setting off giant red fireworks.
If this is in reference to me it pretty much highlights one of the things that has bugged me about you not giving a read on me because you're skittish. It's not like I'm a lurker who doesn't post things and is therefore hard to read. I've posted quite a bit of content, so the "I'm relying on empire here" makes it convenient for you to change at your whim and you don't have to worry about looking unnatural shifting a town read if necessary. Saying that it doesn't feel like townvtown and that I'd be super surprised if both of you were town doesn't even come close to insisting that there must so strong must is italicized be that way.

And if you're not sure one of the two of you is scum, why has all of your arguments and evidence been pointing to the obvious argument that ces is scum
The latter part is more interesting than the former.
You must think me unnaturally dense to not keep an eye on what's going on around me whilst I pursue someone I think is scum. News flash: I'm not so single-minded and convinced that I'm right that I don't watch what other people are doing. That would require me to be a patsy for scum. I kind of hate it when that happens.

Oh and you asked in why you would read johhog? Didn't he fit a similar criteria? Scum red of yours a lot of people thought was town?
...not really.
Also, you're ignoring that I was using my investigation to
avoid
reading someone. (>")>

So, since you're whinging about reading through an old bad scum game before I claimed, and also trying to find reasons to call me scum, would you like to pick the kind of obvious correct side now?

---

UT 1016 wrote:YOUR BUS DOES NOT IMPRESS ME
I always do feel bad when people replace into scum slots at times like this.

---

Not actually going anywhere with this post because I don't actually want to think right this second. <("<)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”