NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by Metal Overlord »

MS:

@HD

My post was not solely, 1 town read, it was 1 town read + 2 scum reads. I quoted Ms Marangal's post because I agreed with what she said which I quoted: Shit load of activity, Dont like UA, and dont like Robo.

Now stuff I would like to add on:
Antilles and OtterHorse should do better, I believe his is a bad town but if he doesn't step it up we may need to find him scum/policy lynch(see what I am proposing?)

Keybladewielder is also a good candidate for a policy lynch. (He plays worse than me when I play bad! LOL)

I don't feel that Rachmarie is particularly scummy. Put her off fer later. Town-ish for the moment.

Null read on Titan. Sounds good yet bad at the same time. Will put off for later.

The rest of the people are kinda straightforward I guess. HD and BT are most likely town blah blah
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

@Titan

IDK? I can put it back if you want? I'll probably get that vibe again when I read (is thinking that was Tammy)

Klick, why am I a strong town read? :/
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by Klick »

Because you townslipped.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

... what? da faq are you talking about?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Klick »

You thought there were four scum.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

... that could have totally have been a scum slip... IE, I thought there were four scum because if I was scum, then there would have been four other scum, who would be my teammates... I don't think it's a good reason to town-read me :/
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

but, then again, it's your call. I find it to be a little strange
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Klick »

Nah, it doesn't really work that way.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 402, Ms Marangal wrote:@Titan

IDK? I can put it back if you want? I'll probably get that vibe again when I read (is thinking that was Tammy)

Tbh I was more concerned with inconsistency of the reads rather than the actual fact you no longer had a townread on us.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Arguing over a town slip? Yeah, MM is definitely town.

All of MO's reads are based off of playstyle and not scumtells. It feels manufactured. It looks as if its only purpose is to placate town. Also, those reads do not match his previous post of reads on which I originally questioned him about.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 403, Klick wrote:Because you townslipped.

Yea I was kinda ignoring that actually b/c I can see it faked by scum but missy's reaction right now kinda reads townish.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Titan, I don't think it was an inconsistency. I think she just forgot to add you to her reads list. That almost happened with I created mine earlier in the game. Rache was the unlucky one iirc.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by Metal Overlord »

All of MO's reads are based off of playstyle and not scumtells. It feels manufactured. It looks as if its only purpose is to placate town. Also, those reads do not match his previous post of reads on which I originally questioned him about.
Well obviously it was manufactured, the whole point of it was to keep MS here from being lynched. Also, the question is, based on the reads, what do you assume my alignment is? As for them differing from the original light reads:
Ok, just finished reading the thread over, will move onto ISOs in a second for more accurate reads
The first was just generally looking over the thread, and what I preliminarily got from those; The point was not to find scum, it was to see how things looked and if anything in particular stuck out. Then I moved on to ISOs, balancing with the context I would have obtained from the thread.
First, says 3 people are scummy. 2 because they support hydra anonymity (translation: Policy Lynch), and Titan for magical reasons. He then ends it with 10 nulls. Seriously, you don't have any opinion on over half the players in the game?! He then says that not having an opinion is okay in a game about thoughts and opinions. And finally, he concludes that policy lynches are the way to go and we should PL the crap out of this game.

Yeah...this guy's scum.

Unvote

Vote Metal Overlord

I don't know about you, but I see absolutely zero question. You have one question mark, but no questions. And, in case you missed it, I didn't say I had null reads, I said people read neutral. It's an important distinction considering I specifically said I planned on posting farther. Also, the post wasn't made to "answer your questions" they were made since the original part was incomplete, and didn't fully accomplish what I wished. You say that my reads seem based more on playstyle then scumslips. I'm sorry, but how does that make them any less valid, at least when I consider content and content quality as part of playstyle? Also, I happened to see any scumslips that could be called such, I believe I pointed them out. On the subject of changing reads, with the exception of Robo, I think my reads actually remained congruent throughout. Forgive me for not making my posts so manufactured that I went back to make sure they matched with all previous ones. As for the neutral reads, sorry if that wasn't made clear, that was for people who nothing specific stood out about upon a brief read through, so effectively consider no reads at all there. Check the second post for actual neutral reads. ~KX
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.1:

Metal Overlord - Bulbazak
The Acting Method - Titan, ms. marangal, human Destroyer
Bulbazak - Reek, keybladewielder
Robocopter - rachmarie
Reek - serrapaladin, Metal Overlord
Underachivers - Robocopter
ms. Marangal - BT
keybladewielder - arcangel8, underachivers
Antilles - otterhorse
RachMarie - Klick

Not Voting - antilles, The Acting Method

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-03-31 00:58:14) or by midnight on April 1st, 2013.

The Mastin2 head of The Underarchivers is V/LA until at least the end of March.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

prod received, sorry, i have been occupied some personal work
will post today. thanks :)
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:34 am

Post by serrapaladin »

@mod: I'm drowning in work for the near future, so please replace me. Sorry!
Wandering but not lost
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:48 am

Post by BT »

Ugh, sorry for saying I was reading and then pretty much walking off.

In post 238, serrapaladin wrote:BT: why is it beneficial for scum to ignore votes on them?

Avoiding confrontation... all that comes with it. Letting the issue slip, not drawing more unneeded attention, not making anything worse. Possible especially when it's "baseless".

What's the purpose of this question? What's your read on Marangal?

In post 241, Antilles wrote:
In post 214, OtterHorse wrote:
In post 204, Antilles wrote:OtterHorse: Why are you voting me?

You havent head claimed mainly (which as ive said, anti-town at best), but especially after your last couple posts are a decent scumpick independently of that as you are really more seeming to comment on KBW who is a hot topic of conversation but actually say nothing with respect to alignment.

You sound like you're convinced I'm town
, but that you want to be stubborn and vote me anyway, based solely on principle that you're not getting what you want.

Where does this come from?

In post 242, Ms Marangal wrote:I have never personally played with Active TAM at all. he does lurk quite a bit, though IMO, he does it harder, and more actively as scum then as town. then again, almost everything he does pings my radar soo....

And at time of posting you were leaning towards...? What kind of lurking is he displaying here?

I agree with Bulb that this is a really awkward post by Antilles.

In post 253, Human Destroyer wrote:Don't get your TUA townread at all. "Overdoing it is more likely from town" is pretty vague and bad. His reasons for scumreading both Arc
and
OtterHorse were literal shit. Why is he town?

Ms Marangal's post looks relatively normal for what I've seen from her. What makes it scummy?

I don't think his reasons were as "literal shit" as you're making them out to be and, well, I do think their overdoing things is a fine reason. Seemed like he was adamant about the suspicions and not how they look / whatever.

Answered a few posts later.

In post 274, RachMarie wrote:Post 268 by Key is bad.... Self meta and AtE? BTW AtE does not work on HD, he is kinda like a bulldog once he gets his teeth on something.

(Still ♥ you HD, but you do tend to be tenacious even when you are going down the wrong path).

Considering this is also some sort of AtE... "lol"

Marangal #275 is kind of filler except for a few reads that don't have anything backing them up anyway.

In post 279, The Acting Method wrote:
In post 273, RachMarie wrote:HD is most likely town, it feels like his usual towny blustering. As usual, he is wrong about me, but that happens in every game he assumes I am scum it seems like, so I am used to that.

2 games TAM and I were in I thought it was more? Open 472 (Pick Your Power), and Lover's Mafia. In both of those games TAM lurked something fierce.

I want some answers TAM.... Seems like you sometimes do not lurk?

That is correct. In fact, as I believe I said earlier, I have two metas.

epic lurking TAM, and epic Active TAM and sometimes a hybrid of the two.

My activity level is an unreliable tell as RachMarie just pointed out. The two games she listed? I'm scum in one, and town in the other.

So yeah, and please, try and use something other than my posts which clearly state that I'm trying to keep up and am confused for scumtells?

But instead of posting things like this you could be posting
something
of substance. You've clearly had time to catch up and this post means you're somewhat in tune with the thread so you have to have some sort of gut reads.

OH #282 pretty much includes two of my major thoughts in one post (Serra and TAM, exact same reasons). Lean town.

In post 286, The Acting Method wrote:right now Pony, I'm watching and observing, I'll make comments when I feel best able too.

Well Mr. Two Meta, can you try and be super hyper active TAM for this game? Considering it's nightless vanilla. I think it's a good investment.

In post 305, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 117, TheUnderachivers wrote:Do whatever it takes to stop these Dumbo's from mislynching us.

VOTE: Underachivers

Yup, ISO'ed everybody individually and found some stuff. But this little gem was my favorite.

What are your reads?

Marangal #317 wins the award for most forced post ever.

In post 327, Robocopter87 wrote:Some people don't wanna reveal their heads, bro, doesn't make them town or scum.

Meaning that your first reason is BS and half of your second is BS.

You need to stop worrying about him not claiming heads, its a secret hydra, who cares who the heads are? Just read him as he is, and if you find scumminess in his actions, then we'll lynch the fool.

You are all wrapped up in head claims and policy lynches, and I expect LOADS more from a hydra of two very intelligent people.

However, the rest of your case on Antilles is pretty compelling.

Watching From the Sidelines vibes here. "you guys are smarter than this, but uh I think I like your case anyway??" That kind of thing.

In post 331, Ms Marangal wrote:but... what about TAM? He's being just as detrimental to the game, and I actually feel that he's scummier then Antilles. at the very least, Antilles is giving reads and asking questions, TAM isn't even doing anything that can be remotely considered scum hunting. TAM's posts are absolutely terrible, and keeping him around makes me feel like shit

What about Antilles's reads and questions are good?

I kind of lean town on Rach #333. Cool number.

Another Marangal post with unexplained reads.

Disagree with Arthur here. OH is the one to make a fuss about it but then you have a bunch of other people telling them to stop and I think that's what zor meant there. I could see myself saying the same thing spontaneously.

Getting the same vibe from Robo again. He really does seem like a spectator here.

Marangal's explanation later on bugs me quite a bit. Bulb gut read from the very beginning of the game seemingly uncaring for the rest of his play, confident about Antilles having a CHK head, most if not all of the reads are gut feelings / waffles. There doesn't seem to be any scumhunting effort in here and it really reads like a classic weak reads list from scum. Feels like posting a read list for appeasement more than anything else too (bulb's request for read explanation only).

Dislike MO #370. Reads are weak in the same vein as Marangal's, nothing original, advocating a PL but at the same time directing it towards key and not TAM/Ant (why?), aware of their slot's issues.

Klick #378: Why is Marangal town? Why is Rach scum?

In post 394, Metal Overlord wrote:
This probably would have looked better if I had done it immediately after the last post, but hey, it's my first day of spring break, and I did other stuff, I regret nothing.

Thank you for proving again that you're self aware. I also like how you think Ant is scummy yet in the former post you didn't want to PL him.

In post 394, Metal Overlord wrote:
Fucking Hell despite him being my biggest scumread, I really want to vote HD just cause.

Even if you'd said it right (with townread over scumread, is what you meant obviously) this part is dumb as hell and is probably from scum putting *whatever* into their posts just because.

In post 395, Metal Overlord wrote:Mod, delete the second one, they're identical etc?

Also, as stated, I really don't plan on doing much this game, so hopefully this'll be enough to keep you from lynching MS? Thanks, and bye.

Have I said before that this protection of your slot is really bad? (different from the mastin/nero thing too because he was talking about himself? didn't read that bad too. this on the other hand...)

In post 402, Klick wrote:Because you townslipped.

Oh here we are. What if some of the scum are really inactive (makes sense acc. to the game) in the QT and that gave her the illusion that they're 4 people? I know this sounds like a stupid crack theory but it really doesn't seem that unlikely to me. Alternatively you could consider how artificial that post looks and call it a planned townslip though I don't think that suits the slot. (I could be wrong about impressions though)

I like how she's using your townslip claim to make you look bad by the way.

In post 409, Bulbazak wrote:Arguing over a town slip? Yeah, MM is definitely town.

Town and scum are just about equally likely to do this. At least from experience. Depends on the player too.

Not impressed by Metal Overlord defense at #412.

So I do think Marangal is scum (TITAN this reminds me of Maenara from Mafiastuck after I'd already caught him and every one of his posts were meh and no one was listening to me) and I don't see the overflowing towniness from this towntell discussion. I think my vote will be better on MO though.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Metal Overlord

Antilles is also a good wagon but MO is worse.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 376, TheUnderachivers wrote:
In post 346, Titan wrote:
In post 344, Bulbazak wrote:Zoraster comes across as genuine

Au contraire, imo he comes across forced and artificial as hell.

Where you calling otter scummy?

could yoy please answer this so I can finish up my post?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 am

Post by TheUnderachivers »

In post 417, Nero Cain wrote:

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:27 am

Post by Titan »

In post 418, TheUnderachivers wrote:
In post 417, Nero Cain wrote:

Usually when Arthur calls someone forced and artificial, he thinks they're scummy or he's checking for reactions. He didn't leave me a message about otter though, but I'm going to guess scummy based on the tone. I don't know why though as I didn't see anything in that post that seemed forced.

Is this post you're working on full of aggressiveness and questions to people? Because I :heart: that Nero, this sideline sort of passive Nero is making me feel twitchy, especially after mastin's mehness.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:31 am

Post by Titan »

I'll respond to a couple other things later today or tomorrow, probably tomorrow.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:39 am

Post by Titan »

YEP

I WAS CALLING ZOR'S POST SCUMMY.

(tbh though I think what I find most suspicious is Zor just coming in and basically parroting his hydra partner - just kinda seems weird esp since they haven't talked at all. Idk, I guess I would just expect a head of a hydra who's just checking in for the first time w/o having talked to his partner to have more... genuine/original thoughts?)
Half troll/Half wall.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 416, BT wrote:
Watching From the Sidelines vibes here. "you guys are smarter than this, but uh I think I like your case anyway??" That kind of thing.

No it was a "Your main reasons are idiotic, but you do have some good points when you stop thinking about the hydra heads."
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 am

Post by Metal Overlord »

@BT

Thank you for proving again that you're self aware. I also like how you think Ant is scummy yet in the former post you didn't want to PL him.

Yeah, remind me, were do I say that I don't want to policy lynch him? In fact, iirc, he's been listed as a possible PL by both heads. And on that, if I've gotten this correctly, Ant is supposed to be pretty competent, so wouldn't lack of activity be ground for a regular lynch and not a policy lynch? Well, whatever it is, I don't see a problem with lynching them, though it seems like more posts from them could make it better.
Even if you'd said it right (with townread over scumread, is what you meant obviously) this part is dumb as hell and is probably from scum putting *whatever* into their posts just because.
Thanks for not being a total ass and making something of the mistype. If it's any meta knowledge, me and HD came here from the same site, so know each other somewhat well. Also, isn't this total WIFOM? Anything that leads you to your conclusion, or just gut?
Have I said before that this protection of your slot is really bad? (different from the mastin/nero thing too because he was talking about himself? didn't read that bad too. this on the other hand...)
Forgive my ignorance, but were do I say this is meant to be protection? Unless I missed it, it was just me saying that I hadn't planned on playing this game. Also, if you dislike my writing style, well, I'll actually agree with you there. If you mean because of the content, then how so?

Also, you say you're not impressed with the defense, how so?
As for voting me, I'm curious, what do you hope to gain from it? Actual lynch, in which case how to you justify this slot, which has at least given something to go off of, over ones which have done nothing or next to nothing? And if it's simply for pressure, well, k, gl with that.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:43 am

Post by BT »

In post 416, BT wrote:
In post 305, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 117, TheUnderachivers wrote:Do whatever it takes to stop these Dumbo's from mislynching us.

VOTE: Underachivers

Yup, ISO'ed everybody individually and found some stuff. But this little gem was my favorite.

What are your reads?

^ Answer this Robo.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”