Micro 151: Mafia in New-Newbie Land (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by Quilford »

^____^"

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
― Walt Disney

>
Xegarus
(3) Pala, Wisdom, Majiffy <
Majiffy
(2) Xegarus, CityElectric
mothrax
(1) Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
(1) elvis_knits
Wisdom
(1) borkjerfkin

Not Voting (1) mothrax

###

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline hits in (expired on 2013-04-15 06:29:02).

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 172, Xegarus wrote:Forgive me for not getting the point here, but are you trying to say that getting annoyed at being called a lurker is a bad thing?

You're indeed not getting the point.
Two different things:
a) Getting annoyed at being called a lurker
b) Getting annoyed at being called scum for something you'd also do as town.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:51 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 165, Xegarus wrote:

In post 135, Wisdom wrote:3) His tone when accused of lurking. Like bork said, this sounds like accused scum who is annoyed about the reasons that they're being accused; probably thinking "wtf I would be like this as town too".

Have already pointed out why i disagree with that.
Now lets just entertain the thought that this is how i would play for both alignments. Assuming you believe it, what then?

this is how i would play for both alignments

this is how i WOULD play for both alignments

You're not saying you're town.

You're saying you would play this way if you were town.

That's a problem.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 107, mothrax wrote:third was calling someone town. Correct me if I'm wrong but the object of the game is scum hunting, right? If you aren't doing that I don't see much contribution going on.

Sure that the way town wins is by getting rid of scum, but getting a town is just as useful as getting a scum read. I can't see your point here.

In post 151, mothrax wrote:I'm not a big fan of blatantly identifying all town reads no.

I agree.

In post 151, mothrax wrote:I think it gives scum a clearer picture of who to nk

Is that night kill or no kill?
If thats a night kill, then certainly. But it can help whomever got the read influence others.......assuming he isnt just scum with town cred.
If it was no kill, i dont quite understand.

In post 154, elvis_knits wrote:Well I was gonna say that I only see scum say that giving townreads is a bad idea, but actually... I think I have probably seen some town saying it sometimes. But really, I have seen it more coming from scum. Scum discourage acceptance of townies as being townies because then it narrows their pool of people they can lynch. Nevermind how powerful a townblock can be, as you said.

There is also the other argumant against giving reads that it changes how people play depending on the reads given. Like say you give a scum a town read. It could give them the confidence to bus their buddy and still end up on top.

It seems like you're saying all different things on the topic of townreads.

First you don't see mothrax's point, and then you agree with him.

Which one is it?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 139, elvis_knits wrote:I wanna go charging off and vote xegaras

Why?
You sure love mentioning me, you have yet to give a legitimate reason to vote. Why even mention this if you haven't read everything? It shows you already have a fixed mindset to an ideal and probably will interprete based around that ideal. Or you're scum. Your early play about being clueless to pre game theory looked so forced, as if to try and town slip.

First of all, I did want to vote you based on my feeling you were scummiest so far (because you popped in immediately after being called a lurker -- and I pointed out that I didn't like this) but didn't want to without making sure I had thoroughly read everything. And even after I read everything I didn't actually vote you -- so how did I interpret things with a fixed mindset?? I actually have changed some of my opinions based on my through read (like the fact that i got less sure mothrax was town). My behavior actually disporves everything you're saying up there.

And where was I clueless to pre game theory?? I never said I was clueless. I said I don't think scum try to prolong pregame, based on my experience that I never have, so I didn't think it was a tell.

And now you're trying to say I'm trying to fake a townslip? Wut? That's so scummy, man. First of all, I don't know where I have townslipped, or where you think I have, but if I did then why do you think it was fake? This seems like the most horrible scummy reasoning to try to throw doubt on a person that most people are thinking is prob town.

xeg wrote:

Heck
In post 51, elvis_knits wrote:Xegaras #47 is slightly weird because he's defending majiffy's right not to random vote while he is also voting majiffy. But I guess it's just a random vote, so it's not super hypocritical to defend somebody you're random voting since random votes aren't that serious. Still... a bit odd.

WTF is this? This means absolutely nothing but you still mentioned it. Why?

Trying to generate content and get this game started?

I thought it was weird for you to vote a person and them defend them. Get it?

xeg wrote:
Have you read everything yet?
Still feel the need to vote me?

YEs, and yes, but I think I will see what your response is to this first.
Talk nerdy to me.

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:11 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

e_k wrote:@ bork and Wisdom -- can you explain why you feel so confident that moth is town?

Yep --

My initial read was for #37, which I think is a good acknowledgement that scumreads are an analog thing and he wasn't trying to make a bigger deal out of his vote than needed to be on page 1/2.

The exchange with Majiffy solidified the read -- I think scum might've taken two potential routes with that
1) Continue the pissing match indefinitely in the hopes that someone calls it town on town or they see a crack in the armor
2) Immediately call Majiffy town for pushing back at all and ignore him

He(She?) didn't do either of those -- I think he acknowledged the playstyle gap and was willing to put the argument on hold, while not making a judgment that he didn't necessarily feel he had the answer to and pursuing other avenues.

I agree that the 6/3 speculation thing is null. It's maybe less null for someone out of practice for so long but meh. Some people don't dabble in normals.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I support the Xegarus wagon right now -- 165 is a bad bad post.

That said, there are plenty of people I don't have very good reads on and I'm not even remotely eager to end the day right now.

I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on Wisdom, Pala, Majiffy, Mr. E, and I'm going to try to harden my reads on the latter three of those players as well. I have better handles on the others. Not much I can do w/ CE right now.
beefycheese
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 165, Xegarus wrote:-_-
Wanna say anything about it or are you just sheeping Wisdom.
If you are sheeping Wisdom, STICK THAT UP YOUR FLOWCHART.

AH LYKE WAGINZ.

Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 am

Post by mothrax »

Eroll: do you think xerg is scum?

If xerg is scummy for lurking (I know it's not the only point against him) what are people's opinions on CE?
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:44 am

Post by CityElectric »

Super scum, I'd guess ;)

Also, my reads are parrots of Majiffy's? Didn't notice.

And, with the risk of being accused of sheeping and all, I think I like the xeg wagon. Majiffy feels town.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

^^ That was most boring post evar
Talk nerdy to me.

Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Pala »

Quick post to say I haven't had time for much more than a quick skim today, but I'm happy with where my vote is for the moment. Will try to catch up properly tomorrow.
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Post by Xegarus »

In post 177, elvis_knits wrote:

In post 135, Wisdom wrote:3) His tone when accused of lurking. Like bork said, this sounds like accused scum who is annoyed about the reasons that they're being accused; probably thinking "wtf I would be like this as town too".

Have already pointed out why i disagree with that.
Now lets just entertain the thought that this is how i would play for both alignments. Assuming you believe it, what then?

this is how i WOULD play for both alignments

You're not saying you're town.

You're saying you would play this way if you were town.

That's a problem.

You see the part where i say "entertain the thought", it means i'm talking hypothetically.

In post 178, elvis_knits wrote:It seems like you're saying all different things on the topic of townreads.

First you don't see mothrax's point, and then you agree with him.

Which one is it?

I am perfectly happy with someone giving a town read. Heck, i'll do the same. What i don't like is giving reads on everyone. Id much rather give the reads of what would be most relevant at the time.

In post 179, elvis_knits wrote:First of all, I did want to vote you based on my feeling you were scummiest so far (because you popped in immediately after being called a lurker -- and I pointed out that I didn't like this) but didn't want to without making sure I had thoroughly read everything

If you haven't noticed, i have been popping up at around the same time. This is the only time i am actually free and able to post. It was just a mere coincidence that he called me a lurker at the time i was free.

And on the matter of lurking, sure i was annoyed at being called a lurker rather than being called scum for doing something i would do as town, but it was more to the point that i was wrongly and baselessly called a lurker.

In post 179, elvis_knits wrote:And even after I read everything I didn't actually vote you -- so how did I interpret things with a fixed mindset??

Let me get this straight.
You keep saying you will vote for me after you have read everything.
I post saying that you will interprete everything i do in a fixed ideal.
You post, having read everything including what i say, and say "I didnt do what you said i would therefore nothing wrong with me"
If someone predicts what you are going to do and is correct, if you notice it before you do it, you are likely to not do it.

In post 179, elvis_knits wrote:I actually have changed some of my opinions based on my through read (like the fact that i got less sure mothrax was town). My behavior actually disporves everything you're saying up there.

Forgive me for being a little arrogant but we are talking about you saying you are going to vote me and the fact that it would affect your judgement of me.

In post 179, elvis_knits wrote:And where was I clueless to pre game theory?? I never said I was clueless. I said I don't think scum try to prolong pregame, based on my experience that I never have, so I didn't think it was a tell.

And now you're trying to say I'm trying to fake a townslip? Wut? That's so scummy, man. First of all, I don't know where I have townslipped, or where you think I have, but if I did then why do you think it was fake? This seems like the most horrible scummy reasoning to try to throw doubt on a person that most people are thinking is prob town.

My apologies. I fucked up here. A wrongly misinterpretation on my part. Sorry.

But on the pre game point, whether or not you saw no benefit to prolong pre game, You must have seen that there may have been advantages to scum. And you questioning on why people would do that seems off.

In post 179, elvis_knits wrote:I thought it was weird for you to vote a person and them defend them. Get it?

First of all, i didnt defend anyone. I merely asked a quesion.
Secondly, even if i did defend the person i was voting, what is so weird about that?
You expect me to tunnel my scum read soo hard that anything anyone says gets a free pass?
In post 179, elvis_knits wrote:YEs, and yes, but I think I will see what your response is to this first.

Well here is my response, voting yet?

In post 181, borkjerfkin wrote:I support the Xegarus wagon right now -- 165 is a bad bad post.

Bork, you know what would make your post even better, if you make it even vague-er. Cause at the moment its far too specific.

In post 184, CityElectric wrote:And, with the risk of being accused of sheeping and all, I think I like the xeg wagon.

You know, saying that doesnt get you off the hook of sheeping. What do you think of Mothrax?
:D
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 184, CityElectric wrote:Super scum, I'd guess ;)

Also, my reads are parrots of Majiffy's? Didn't notice.

And, with the risk of being accused of sheeping and all, I think I like the xeg wagon. Majiffy feels town.

Just noticed you're voting majiffy...

Someone you think is town...

Uhhhh

???

Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I really don't wanna play the wall post game with xegarus.

I think we both made our points.

I still don't like him.
Talk nerdy to me.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:49 am

Post by Wisdom »

You're still not voting him.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:03 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 189, elvis_knits wrote:I really don't wanna play the wall post game with xegarus.

I think we both made our points.

I still don't like him.

I concur. Anyone else you don't/do like? We need more breadth
beefycheese
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't like xegarus, or Mr. E roll.

But now I don't like CE either because he is voting majiffy who he says is town.
Talk nerdy to me.

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:25 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I think she's just being lazy
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:30 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I say this because she simply hasn't moved her vote and hasn't said "I confirm this Majiffy vote as no longer random" it's just been there the whole time.
beefycheese
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yeah that's true.

It's taking "not trying" to a new level.

But I guess I don't really get scum vibes off his posting. But my patience is waning.

And I don't like how he's apparently paying no attention to who he is voting or he knows he's voting somebody he thinks is town.
Talk nerdy to me.

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:36 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

CE = girl

She's not an appropriate D1 lynch at this particular juncture.
beefycheese
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Nah I wasn't suggesting we lynch CE.

OK I think it's time

VOTE: xegarus

You're L-1 dude.

But I really want more CE participation, hopefully before day ends.
Talk nerdy to me.

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:05 am

Post by mothrax »

I'm stating intent to hammer here. I will when the time comes but I have more to say before the day ends, just not when I'm phone posting. I also second the call for more CE posting.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:12 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

It's not just CE we need more from. It's pretty much everyone but you, elvis, and me.
beefycheese

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”