/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

If there is a tomorrow I seriously doubt I'd get to be paranoid about Tammy anyways. I think everyone would be busily falling over themselves to make fried chicken and no one would be able to tell who the scum quicklynching was.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 6, Votecount 4

Shadoweh (1) - Benmage
Deasvail (2) - Shadoweh, Llamarble

Not voting (2) :
Deasvail, Tammy
  • With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of May at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-05-04 19:30:00)
  • NO ONE is V/la
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by Tammy »

Here's the thing that bugs me about Nacho's DV case. It pretty much came out of nowhere and in it he really threw the kitchen sink at him. Now, Nacho couldn't have known that he would have a greater chance of getting lynched that day, but it just reads really weird. I mean he would have had a better chance at getting Llamarble lynched who he had been arguing with all day long. People suspected him and probably gone after him over DV. The whole case just read weird. I don't know if Nacho is one of those to do a quick case on their partner to do some last minute distancing though.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

That's what I said was possible. His case was bad, 1 and a half days before deadline, and he already had a 3 person wagon by the time he posted it, with certain people (cough you) looking at him from the sides. He'd been voting Llamarble for awhile and literally no one but Benmage was willing to follow him onto that wagon, and that day even Ben was busy voting Nacho non-stop.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I think that case was largely intended for posterity; Nacho was trying to get us to have one opinion or the other on Deas after his death (in addition to doing the thing where you scumhunt while being run up). Given what nacho was probably trying to accomplish, I wouldn't trust his case as a towntell.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh people are voting for me, lovely.

I'll catch up on stuff this afternoon. Sorry about not finishing my reads yet.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Shadoweh, are you saying that the 'speaking from experience' was from this game or other games?

But yeah, I'm not going to argue that I wouldn't have made similar kills as scum, because I probably would have. (I really do feel like this is The Wire all over again in so many ways :( )

But I am town and I ask that instead of focusing on the fact that people with townreads on DV died, actually look at the townreads. Empire especially can actually read me really well and is probably screaming at everyone in the dead QT right now. Well maybe not, but still... he read me as town and no offence, but just take my word for it that he's the best at reading me and you should follow him. Ok, that sounds all manipulative, but it is true, and a quick look at some games could probably confirm that.

I just think it would be really awesome if I could be town again and we could lynch Benmage/Shadoweh and very very likely win.

I mean, just the recent delay in sorting out my Benmage/Shadoweh reads is something that probably wouldn't happen if I was scum. It's much easier for me to just make up reasoning as scum than actually read people and obviously being active is better in this scenario.

I'll try and read through Benmage or Shadoweh tonight.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:40 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1956, DeasVail wrote:Shadoweh, are you saying that the 'speaking from experience' was from this game or other games?
I am saying that when you were arguing about what nightkills you would make for the WIFOM in The Wire, you might have been speaking from experience due to the nightkills you were making in this game.
But I am town and I ask that instead of focusing on the fact that people with townreads on DV died, actually look at the townreads. Empire especially can actually read me really well and is probably screaming at everyone in the dead QT right now. Well maybe not, but still... he read me as town and no offence, but just take my word for it that he's the best at reading me and you should follow him. Ok, that sounds all manipulative, but it is true, and a quick look at some games could probably confirm that.
Do you think you could link some of these games maybe? You didn't have trouble finding the Meta of Death (tm) in The Wire. You sound kind of like a chicken here Deasvail. You're a chickeny scum too if I remember correctly. If you can prove me wrong (before Benmage quickhammers you even though he thinks you're town) I will gladly listen to reason.
I mean, just the recent delay in sorting out my Benmage/Shadoweh reads is something that probably wouldn't happen if I was scum. It's much easier for me to just make up reasoning as scum than actually read people and obviously being active is better in this scenario.
I'm not sure that it would have been from your perspective. Until later in the day everyone was talking about the Shadoweh or Benmage show. If I Were You as Scum(tm) I probably would have lurked it out. Do you normally easily come up with good reasoning as scum?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, I thought that the dates didn't fit, but they actually kind of possibly do. It's actually a thing where I don't like killing people that suspect me though. I think it's discussed in NY160B.

I'm not sure what to say except that I'm not scum, so either I don't sound like a chicken or I'm a chicken as both scum and town! I don't really know what you mean by the chicken thing in reference to the post either.

NY 160B I'm scum and he consistently has a non-townread on me and ends up lynching me.
The Wire he read me correctly as town.
I think he ended up reading me correctly in Mini 1407 too.
Oh and Sherlock Mafia
and in Mafiastuck I'm pretty sure he was saying in the dead QT that I was obvtown and I was at least town.

Basically Empire is amazing and you should think so too.

(Sorry Empire)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh and I've done a little bit of reading of Shadoweh and Benmage (not that much though) and I'm still not really anywhere special. If I had to say a name right now, it'd maybe be Shadoweh, but I have no idea if that'll end up being what I think.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Damn DV you are a ball of patheticness.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 am

Post by Benmage »

I still think it's Shadow.. Llamarable thinking it DV, probably confirms that it is Shadoweh.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:19 am

Post by Benmage »

@all
you guys have till tonight to fix the votes to shadoweh before I end the day.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:19 am

Post by Benmage »

^Err consider that like 10-ish EST.. I'll hammer after the gym or something.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 am

Post by Tammy »

I was kinda hoping for something along the lines of this if dv was town. Going back to sleep, but no hammers please.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1957, Shadoweh wrote:I'm not sure that it would have been from your perspective. Until later in the day everyone was talking about the Shadoweh or Benmage show. If I Were You as Scum(tm) I probably would have lurked it out. Do you normally easily come up with good reasoning as scum?
I don't know if my reasoning is always good (at least it's probably not worse than my usual town reasoning) but I do struggle sometimes and I think in NY160B I was caught out for trying too hard to have reasoning at one point. I think I'm generally a lot more 'pro-town' as scum though and lurking is just ew unless I have RL/personal issues that drain my interest in everything, which has happened. I'd take a mafia PM over a town one any day so that probably explains it.

PEdit: I know. :(
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1964, Tammy wrote:I was kinda hoping for something along the lines of this if dv was town. Going back to sleep, but no hammers please.
WHere are you from?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:43 am

Post by Shadoweh »

##Unvote
b/c I hate Benmage
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:12 am

Post by Benmage »

^Why? Because I didn't hammer, and you're going to lose?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:57 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Cut: The opposite of that is why. You and Llamarble shouldn't be allowed to play with the big people toys. Considering you said you would hammer DV tomorrow it takes a special leap of logic to decide that me removing the ability for you to get bored and do so means I'm scum, instead of me taking a nap and building a giant fort made of dirt. I'm certainly worried about losing.

This is moderately useful meta. I'm going to ignore the game you replaced into since replacing in on Day 2 skips the hardest scum day for adjusting. Also I haven't slept but the coffee aand these BLOCKS BLOCKS BLOCKS tell me I'm fine to be awake so! Luckily the only thing I seem to like more then planting trees on top of trees is the sound of my own typing. Here's what Empire said about your meta anyways, right?
DV: I find that DV’s a pretty tricky one to figure out as I think he plays a capable scum game – that said, based off my (very rudimentary) understanding of his meta, he tends to be very tryhard as scum and I’m not getting that impression this game at all. I think he’d have been more involved with his reasoning for suspecting Ludi/Herodotus in #40 as scum. I also liked his criticism of Herodotus in #40 since I got the impression from Herodotus’ reasoning (see below). Also, the other less pretty head is telling me that #30 is typical town DV – post something to draw attention to himself as a way to dig into the game and gauge reactions. His follow-up on Ludi in #40 (“ML, why did you FoS me before attempting to understand my thoughts, assuming I did not have a reason to vote for Herod?”) reinforces that idea.
I understand what Empire means when comparing this to your scum game though. You're really relaxed in your posts as opposed to how you're immediately on the attack in Castle Zar. It can't have helped that you started Zar by calling Empire scummy for looking for towntells and deciding he was scummy for buddying a super weak player. :V At the start of this game you voted CTD for attention grabbing and then went after Empire for taking the bait. Mmm. I don't really think you sound as antagonistic as you do in Castle Zar compared to this game.

You know, SH is a pretty bad game to count as meta too since this appears to be Sherlock Holmes in the Palace and you're effectively the informed scum team and the scum is uninformed town. For some reason you were playing it like normal mafia so I will accept this essay but one more and I'm taking you off the case DV. I'll go look at Mafiastuck after this.

Tangentally related and new paranoia point:
In post 159, Johhog wrote: UNVOTE: penguin_alien
VOTE: DeasVail
For pretty much the reasons Tierce outlined, even if she bizarrely accepted DV's obviously made up excuse. Still trying to wrap my mind around that, btw. Haven't played much with Tierce, but it feels surreal that she would accept that as town. I guess I'll dig around for meta.
In post 164, Johhog wrote:
In post 160, DeasVail wrote:I'm pretty sure that saying that I've seen CTD play before (he asks for a massclaim every game) means something was up?
Oh fuck, didn't know that. I fail. :(
UNVOTE: DeasVail
In post 374, Johhog wrote:The Vi wagon is meh. I think it looks like normal Vi. I prefer this one.
VOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum
Playing very differently from Team Mafia, where he was town.
In post 549, Johhog wrote: Wickedestjr is sooo town it burns. I could get behind a CTD lynch though. I think he's pretty clearly trying to stay out of the limelight by asking pseudo-scumhunting questions, that hardly can be used to actually lure out the scum.
UNVOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum
VOTE: CrashTextDummie
Yeah can't imagine why he died. CES was trying to push the angle that he died because he outted himself as a PR. So looking to see what Benmage vs Deasvail said about that:
In post 795, DeasVail wrote:Ok, I'm here! And hopefully I'll be more active, but I can't say for sure. Sorry about all this. :(

Anyway, I'm not going to spend too much time on this today, so going over ISOs will need to wait (I might go over CTD's actually, we'll see).

First, I think I'll have Konowa as a scumread. Basically I've been waiting for him to actually care about me accusing him of making up the reason for calling Tierce town after he made such a fuss over me asking for Empire's thoughts instead of his (which was also just weird by the way) but he hasn't. Why make such a fuss over it if he doesn't actually want to respond to my accusation?

Also, I actually think CES's attack on Vi is pretty town, and thinking about it I may have Vi as a scumread now too.

Here's the thing. I picked up on Johhog's softclaim
and I think I'm usually pretty clueless about these things, so I think it's pretty likely that Vi would have especially if he was actually interested in reading Johhog as CES said (I actually don't remember this so I'm just trusting CES for now). Also, feels pretty forced and "look how town I am".
vs
In post 806, Benmage wrote:I'll read tomorrow.
:V Yeah Benmage cared super hard. Also let me sum up Deasvail's stance on Nacho during Day 2: "I think Nacho looks suspicious vote konowa" Also:
In post 859, OhGodMyLife wrote:
Unvote, Vote: CES
In post 860, Nachomamma8 wrote:OGML what happened to benmage?
LA for about a week.
plz keep tunneling on the townie Benmage instead of mah buddy k

KAPOW
##Vote: Deasvail
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:00 am

Post by Shadoweh »

ps Tammy
hey Tammy
In post 776, Shadoweh wrote: Also you are forgiven but I'm watching you for Day 5 mind changes. O_O
IT WAS DAY 4 BUT IT WAS CLOSE ENOUGH TAMMY. I AM THAT PSYCHIC.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:28 am

Post by Llamarble »

Eh, I think CES / Nacho would be choosing the kills given reputations and so on.
And I think Johhog was a let's eliminate PRs kill since various high priority targets like Tierce were still around.

DV, why apologize to Empire?

A sit in the corner and push some reads around approach isn't unlikely from a scum in a game where his buddies / the town are very high level.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:31 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1966, Benmage wrote:
In post 1964, Tammy wrote:I was kinda hoping for something along the lines of this if dv was town. Going back to sleep, but no hammers please.
WHere are you from?
...Florida?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Tammy »

*headdesk*

Shadoweh looks townie too. This is why you left me alive isn't it? Because you knew I'd go indecisive mode and think everyone alive is town.

I hate you all. Or myself. I don't know.

I just woke up and am a little cranky so don't mind me.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1972, Tammy wrote:
In post 1966, Benmage wrote:
WHere are you from?
...Florida?
Just wondering, because you're sleeping patterns are odd.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”