NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Sun May 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 5.04:

Syryana - BBmolla, Arcangel, DCLXVI, DrippingGoofball, RainbowDash, Metal Overlord (L-1)
DCLXVI - zdenek
DrippingGoofball - Syryana, Master Mew
Rainbowdash - Nachomamma, Human Destroyer

Not Voting - Metal Overlord, Jennifer, RainbowDash

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no-lynch.

The Deadline is in (expired on 2013-05-15 13:16:00) or by 12: 15 PM on May 15thth, 2013.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Master Mew
Master Mew
Goon
Master Mew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Sun May 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by Master Mew »

Did DGB's "acknowledging a scummy predecessor" read as genuine to you? Noting that it could have been said by either Scum or Town is all well and good, but the same can be said of anything - would you be willing to take a stab at which possibility looks more likely?

And could you elaborate on "counterwagon status?" What were the circumstances (or link me, if you don't feel like explaining).
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Sun May 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Read the thread.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 12:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Haha. I knew that the Titan playerslot was scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 2:56 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2413, DrippingGoofball wrote:Why can't it be routine double-checking after quickly reading the OP?
I could be. That's just not the feeling that I get from it.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Jennifer »

Gah, I don't really know what to do. I have been a little suspicious of Syrana, but Bulb said that Syrana was one of his towniest reads, and while he can be wrong, it bothers me that no one has even bothered to review/question those reads even though now we know Bulb was conftown. Plus I don't like that MO is on Syrana's wagon as I think his hammer was scummy as all get out, and there was nothing "refreshing" about it.

But no one else seems that interested in those that are scummier to me like MO and BBMolla which bothers me too because I don't understand why people aren't seeing what I'm seeing (or I guess, more accurately, seeing it in the same way).

But we do have 8 days left, so
VOTE: MO

Come join me! I don't think that recklessness is a town tell. I think scum can be just as reckless. Especially after being emboldened by the double town modkills.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Zdenek »

Why was the hammer scummy?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:24 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 2430, Jennifer wrote:But no one else seems that interested in those that are scummier to me like MO and BBMolla which bothers me too because I don't understand why people aren't seeing what I'm seeing (or I guess, more accurately, seeing it in the same way).
I understand why you think I'm scum, but trust me on this, I'm not scum.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:54 am

Post by Jennifer »

In post 2431, Zdenek wrote:Why was the hammer scummy?
Because MO seemed to know that Bulb would flip town. Not only did he say that he thought Bulb was town, he also said that he empathized because MO had been subject to many a mislynch before too. And, given we had 11 days left before deadline, if MO really was town they should never, ever, ever have hammered someone they thought was town. Especially given that we're operating with plurality lynches; MO didn't have to convince a majority to lynch someone else, but only a smaller number. And they had the time to do it. Instead MO seemed happy to get the mislynch and happy that it wasn't them (scum attitude).
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2430, Jennifer wrote:But no one else seems that interested in those that are scummier to me like MO and BBMolla which bothers me too because I don't understand why people aren't seeing what I'm seeing (or I guess, more accurately, seeing it in the same way).
I seriously doubt either of those two are scum.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2433, Jennifer wrote:Because MO seemed to know that Bulb would flip town. Not only did he say that he thought Bulb was town, he also said that he empathized because MO had been subject to many a mislynch before too. And, given we had 11 days left before deadline, if MO really was town they should never, ever, ever have hammered someone they thought was town. Especially given that we're operating with plurality lynches; MO didn't have to convince a majority to lynch someone else, but only a smaller number. And they had the time to do it. Instead MO seemed happy to get the mislynch and happy that it wasn't them (scum attitude).
What do you think of RBD's current push on Syryana?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 12:02 pm

In post 2435, Nachomamma8 wrote:What do you think of RBD's current push on Syryana?
I'd love to answer that question...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It's all yours after Jennifer answers, but I think hers will be more helpful to me than yours.

Master Mew
Master Mew
Goon
Master Mew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by Master Mew »

If you have explained these reads already, please direct me to the post in which you did so.

If not, please explain.
Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by Metal Overlord »

MS:

Anyone calling me scum or have me as a scum read still at this point of the game should either retire from mafia, or give themselves up as scum.

1. I am a 3rd counter wagon to the 2 scum wagons day 1(Fact)
2.Bulbazak, a town, read me as town(fact)
In post 717, TheUnderachivers wrote:
In post 693, Human Destroyer wrote:end of day distancing at its finest
Except, HD, I don't bus. I don't know how Nero plays as scum (you'd have to ask him), but bussing NEVER works out in my favor, so I don't do it. So I'm delivering an ultimatum.

MO and TUA cannot be scum together.
Pick one, run with it. Who is the scum, who is the town.
(Right from the mouth of scum)

These 3 are enough to make me a 100% town, and should be communally viewed in all the eyes of the town. Read: I get a free pass for the whole game

Jennifer, if you still continue to vote me after these evidence, please get voted out. If you happen to be town, you really need to retire.

For reference:

"MO voted a town read therefore he must be scum!" - Jennifer (Opinion)

LOL
Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Metal Overlord »

^includes syryana and jennifer and some other idk
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Master Mew, definitely didn't notice you replace in. Try voting Rainbowdash.

Master Mew
Master Mew
Goon
Master Mew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Master Mew »

In post 2441, Nachomamma8 wrote:Master Mew, definitely didn't notice you replace in.
I was wondering why you didn't greet me. :(
In post 2441, Nachomamma8 wrote:Try voting Rainbowdash.
I'm kind of liking my DGB vote at the moment, to be honest, but I'm willing to entertain this notion. What'cha got?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Can't do that this game, unfortunately. I can give you this:
In post 593, Keybladewielder wrote:
In post 574, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 572, Metal Overlord wrote:MS: If somebody could take their vote off me so I don't get magically lynched when the deadline "unsuspends" that would be great D:

Stop pointing that knife at my head!
Yeah, that.

More unvotes, please. Let's vote scum.
And yet you didn't Unvote me.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: The Capital City Dripping Goofball
In post 609, Keybladewielder wrote:Oh well, if you cant beat them, join them.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: The Underachievers and proud of it
The second vote was a partner and "If you can't beat them, join them" is a obvious bussing quote. I don't think he'd try to bus one partner before bussing the other, since he was probably seriously trying to avoid all of those things.

Master Mew
Master Mew
Goon
Master Mew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Master Mew »

I don't find it inconceivable that he could bus one partner then jump to another when it was opportune, but that does reign in my DGB read to a degree and might be enough to merit a switch to RBD - except that you haven't explained why I should switch to RBD, so I don't think I will.

A case worth explaining is worth explaining twice.

A case not worth explaining isn't worth following.

Which category does yours fall under?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2444, Master Mew wrote:I don't find it inconceivable that he could bus one partner then jump to another when it was opportune, but that does reign in my DGB read to a degree and might be enough to merit a switch to RBD - except that you haven't explained why I should switch to RBD, so I don't think I will.
Have you read the context behind him? Keyblade is catching up, votes someone for voting them (DGB), two more votes get on UA, Keyblade switches to UA. I don't think that he would be worried about jumping on the wagon if he was already voting scum; I also don't think that he would open up his catchup with a vote on scum if he was going to bus his other buddy when two more votes got on UA.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Your scum reads are your own business. I just happened to like the RBD vote and wanted you to look at her.

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 12:26 am

Post by Syryana »

Spoiler: Pony and Syr
In post 1872, Rainbowdash wrote:Syryana is more in the "if the game is still going" camp for lynches here.
In post 1876, Rainbowdash wrote:Also sheeping town reads. Dont like how all my questionables are voting Syryana.
In post 1979, Rainbowdash wrote:GIm gunna say Syryana is town, Bulb is more 50-50ish, im not going back there. Maybe would back MM lynch, probably not.
In post 2031, Rainbowdash wrote: @BB - Im something like

Would Vote:
HD
MM

Wouldnt Stop Lynch but Dont Want Lyched:
DCL
Bulb
Klick

Kinda Town:
Syryana
Zd
MO

Have Reservations But are "Town":
Titan
DGB
MO
AA

Town:
Antilles
Molla
Jen
In post 2099, Rainbowdash wrote:Im not touching Syryana, thats like "null scum" central for who is on it.
In post 2105, Rainbowdash wrote:Back to the game though, Bulb is easily the lynch over Syryana here.
In post 2223, Rainbowdash wrote:Oh eww... HD is probably most likely to be scum in the entire game (which is a reason im not too keen on Syr wagon, those two dont fit all that well).
In post 2276, Rainbowdash wrote:Bulb and Syryana are both town enough to not lynch them. I would almost just kill Syryana because that makes me HD case a whole lot stronger here when he flips town.
In post 2327, Rainbowdash wrote:How about you start listening to me if you are town? If you are scum please juts continue to not listen and try to rack up mislynches. Which Syryana (while not as likely town as Bulb post that one post of his) is still somewhat likely town.
In post 2333, Rainbowdash wrote:He is town. I don't vote town reads.
In post 2386, Rainbowdash wrote:Im actually still really curious about Syr. He isn't as strong of a townread as Bulb was, and me being wrong about it would make me have to change a few reads. Its like the TUA-DGB wagons yesterday, given that I didn't have enough of a read to do anything about it I would rather just let it develop on its own while pushing in my own direction. Its a curiosity, im almost at the point where I would be willing to lynch him just because it would solve a couple of nagging things for me if im wrong. If im right, I can strengthen cases that are targeting power players. Either way most of the DGB-scum case is D1 and D3 play, her treatment of Bulb is bad. Remember where I said "this is town, I can pick out a couple of tells easily - why is he scum" and then she just pushed the lynch through quickly? I go back and forth a lot, but she should NEVER make an endgame. Syryana-scum and she make it for a while, but a F3 is the worst spot to put her.

Scum don't like having their lynchbaits pulled away. Town just prove why they are still scum.

DCL is townish, but only because of RM. Usually I read RM as scum so the lack of scumread there makes me think slot is town.

Lets actually make things interesting though, because fun things are fun.

Vote Syryana

I just want to prove him town at this point to stop myself from going off a cliff if im wrong.

Out of the Nacho/HD/DGB group, Nacho is most likely scum regardless of the flip from Syryana (really - "well its not my scum meta either" is the response for me calling your meta?). HD is probably town to about a F3 if Syryana is scum and DGB is at least late-ish game town with that scum flip (and mid-game in all actuality with town flip).
In post 2389, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 2388, Nachomamma8 wrote:I mean, Bulbazak just get lynched and you thought he was town? Why are you letting another townread go? Do you think town is going to listen to you after this one?
I don't think its possible for any other lynch to happen outside of maybe DGB who if Syryana is scum would be a bad lynch.

As I said, its somewhere between realizing the inevitable and realizing that if this read is wrong im probably going down the wrong road as is.

Also read more. Bulb was a strong town read. Syryana is a middling to town read.

:neutral:
VOTE: RBD
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 1:42 am

In post 2444, Master Mew wrote:A case worth explaining is worth explaining twice.

A case not worth explaining isn't worth following.

Which category does yours fall under?
That's rich coming from someone who hasn't read the game.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 1:45 am

In post 2423, Master Mew wrote:
In post 2334, Syryana wrote:
In post 565, DrippingGoofball wrote:Funny story.

I started to iso the players in the list order and started with Reek and went: "whoa scum!" But I'm replacing Reek and wow, he's town.

You guys should have lynched my player slot on page 3.
The Amished tell. Not a universal scumtell certainly (I've done it myself as town, just not directly after replacing in), but it certainly doesn't move my scumread on the slot. DGB follows this with an unexplained list of reads and bad reasoning on why MO is town.
Had to do some digging on the "Amished tell," I don't particularly agree with the logic behind it. The problem I see with that post has more to do with the "Looked at my own slot and I look pretty scummy XD" spiel, which reads disingenuously and attempts to wave off any suspicion on her slot as "Yeah, it is pretty funny, isn't it?"

Anyway I like this case and don't really understand why nobody is following it.

Vote: DGB

Someone want to explain why DGB isn't being lynched?
All you've done is pick up some amished tell rubbish from a page before your replacement.

You should just sheep Nacho and not give him a hard time. Your "analysis" is worthless, at least sheep someone that has read the game and not argue with him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”