Micro 181: Everyone's being watched (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:13 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 747, Egg wrote: ^the whole thing about a big epiphany, let's hint at the buddy and use caps and act like it's all new stuff when someone is at L-1 is TownDestroyer. As scum, he's more likely to just quietly hop on. He makes the mala connection because he thinks zionite will flip scum and he wants people to listen to him on mala because he said it before zi's flip. This post is one of the huge ones why destroyer is town.
Can you show examples of HD "quietly hopping on" instead of presenting fake reasons like that? Because he doesn't strike me as the quiet scum type.
Post 413 he says "we're not scum". As scum, he'd probably steer clear of that kind of comment.
:neutral: I hope you're joking. Scum say "I'm not scum" all the time.
416 he shows frustration that mara isn't talking to him. As scum, he wouldn't really need to discuss a whole lot with her unless they were about to claim or something, but they clearly weren't. This shows town because he wants to discuss reads. He even posts reads in that same post showing what was on his mind at the time.
^
Shit, that's mara's post, not human's. Still, you can see the thought process and it's a town one.
No it's not a town one.
Using hydra dissonance, Mara avoids to give clear town reads (I think this, HD thinks this, we can change whatever we want later).
Mara plays in hydras all the time, it's normal that she knows what to say when in a scum hydra.
But I thought we were metaing HD here, so.
603 shows a classic case of genuine town confirmation bias. He had mala and zionite as scum reads and saw connections that obviously weren't there. In 608, he's now doing the same thing with Rach.
Do you know when I see connections that obviously are not there? When I am scum trying to mislynch.
Besides, HD-town usually focuses on one person, hard-tunnels the fuck out of them, and looks for connections later.
Not what happened here.
Wisdom, if you don't see scumhunting in their ISO, you are blind. Open it up and count the times they give reads and stuff.
I don't see *enough* scumhunting, from either head, no.
Obviously there will be some, scum have to act like they're scumhunting and have to give some reads too.
But that does not make them town.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 746, Egg wrote:Wisdom, you have destroyer and mala as scum. How willing would you be to lynch mala today?
Like I said, if there is no watcher claim, we should lynch RachMarie today.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

i'm in agreement with Wisdom, here...
Rach is probably our best bet if the watcher doesn't come forward...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Miss Destroyer
Miss Destroyer
Townie
Miss Destroyer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Miss Destroyer »

In post 750, Wisdom wrote:Mara plays in hydras all the time, it's normal that she knows what to say when in a scum hydra.
:|

I only have one complete scum hydra game, all the rest of them are town ones so no, I don't know what to say in a scum hydra.

I agree with you on rach though

and yes, I agree with you that we aren't doing enough RE explaining our reads.

You do realize you're making connections that aren't there in this game too right wisdom?

~Mara
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Vote Count 2.8

[2] Miss Destroyer: RachMarie, Wisdom,
[2] RachMarie: Sword_of_omens, Malakittens,
[1] Malakittens: Egg,

Not voting: Miss Destroyer, Grimgroove,

with 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-06-21 14:25:49)
Last edited by JasonWazza on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Miss Destroyer
Miss Destroyer
Townie
Miss Destroyer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Miss Destroyer »

wait, you go from saying Rach is town for the reasons Egg says, prior to the claim but you now say she's scum because she's the only one who claimed to visit fuzzy?

~Mara
Miss Destroyer
Miss Destroyer
Townie
Miss Destroyer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by Miss Destroyer »

VOTE: Wisdom

god, drawing scum twice in a row must suck.

~Mara
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Yes obviously I do Mara, because when I was thinking that Rach is town for saying that I didn't know that nobody else visited fuzzy. Now it really looks more like a scumslip than what I thought at first.

What are the connections I'm making?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 756, Miss Destroyer wrote:god, drawing scum twice in a row must suck.
Btw do you know what this reminds me of?
In post 30, Wisdom wrote:Oh god.
More votes on Vig, something tells me this game will end today.
This "absolute certainty" that you found scum is a scumtell.

Not to mention your vote on me is terrible in general, especially if you agree that we should lynch Rach.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I completely agree with Wisdom's .
I don't see all that much of scumhunting from Miss Destroyer. There have been no cases to speak of. Her last vote on Wisdom actually reminded me of what I didn't like about her vote on Zionite (and also don't like about het vote on Wisdom): instead of compiling a case, she thinks one reason is enough for a vote. In Zionite's case his supposed connection with Malakittens was enough for an epiphany, now in Wisdom's case his shift of opinion on RachMArie is enough reason for completely nullifying the townread she's been having on him pretty much all game long. Feels like a certain "laziness" to me when it comes to actual scumhunting, and like windowdressing around votes that aren't as tought out as she tries to make them out to be.

I'm not going to get too involved in the meta-discussion, because I realized it's close to pointless (and time-intensive) to try to meta people you haven't played with yet. It's something that buildsup naturally through playing games together, not re-reading old games you weren't in (at least for me). Trying to find differences in playstyle between past games is like trying to find Waldo without actually knowing for sure he's present in the picture. So don't expect any input from me on that front.

I'll compile cases on the three "usual suspects" of this game (RachMarie, Miss Destroyer, Malakittens) later today, see where that gets me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

You're not all waiting for me are you? Didn't get around to do it yesterday, trying to get it done today.

By the way, the deadline is in a little more than one day. Quite surprising to see activity drop so close to the deadline.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Well should I switch to Rach?
Miss D is still a fine lynch for me, but as I said Rach is probably better
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Who are you asking? And why are you asking?
If you think Rach is probably a better lynch, I'm sure you know what to do with your vote.
My vote is in all probablility going to go to RachMarie. I just want to compile the three cases for future reference before this day ends.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I'm asking because if we don't agree on who we're going to lynch we aren't going to lynch anyone.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Ok, in order to make this easier for myself, I just went back to my own reads lists and extracted my reads on RachMarie, Malakittens and Miss Destroyer from there, adding some elements from the last couple of pages.

The reason why I single out these three is because, 1. they are my three main scumreads right now, 2. all three of them feature on plenty of people's scumlists, making this a possibly relevant exercise for everyone.

The first conclusion I can already make for myself: despite my reads on all three of them being quite strong, I'm obviously wrong in the case of (at least) one of them, since there's only two scumheads in this game and not three. This, coupled with the fact that all three of them at some stage of the game have been pressuring each other (RachMarie on Miss D, Malakittens on RachMarie, Miss D on Malakittens) in such a way it's difficult to imagine either duo within those three being in a scumteam together, leaves me a bit uneasy, just like how it did when I removed my vote from Miss Destroyer earlier during this stage. I can't shake the uneasy feeling there might be scum outside of these three, rubbing himself in the hands over this mess I'm about to post.

Be that as it may, I'll already let the cat out of the bag when it comes to my vote:

VOTE: RachMarie

and will try to explain why this is my choice.

I have the impression not much further info is coming our way during this stage, so for the sake of clarity and road to consensus (cfr. Wisdom's comment) I want to insist on this vote being final. The global watcher coming out of the closet at this stage is becoming ever more unlikely, and I do not see anything else that could dramatically sway my opinion in another direction.

So now for the cases, or at least an overview thereof (some of it are copy pastes from my earlier reads):

RachMarie

- I don't like RachMarie defensiveness in post
- Her reads stay on the surface, she does not express clear thoughts on anyone (a lot of on the fence sitting), let alone reasons for these thoughts. Has anyone seen any scumhunting from her side? She has voted the grand total of 1 time (RVS) during D1.
- In her "defense" against earlier call-outs she has referred more to other games than this one, which I don't feel is a good sign. She's taking her discussion with Wisdom to the emotional plane for no reason at all, so I'm guessing it's an appeal to emtion, and scummy (eg. and .
- I didn't like her post. I don't like all the fuss she's making about the hammer.
I also don't like the repetition of RachMarie thinking Zionite is the correct lynch. There's no objective reason for this kind of conviction, so I'm assuming this conviction was an act. A scummy act at that. Also check her D1 ISO. I think there may have been one subtle reference to Zionite possibly being scum, yet after the hammer she suddenly acts as if she's convinced that he is. Simply does not add up. She even repeats this conviction in .
- RachMarie, who made an enormous fuss about the hammer for minor reasons, a fuss she later dropped with surprising ease considering the importance she seemed to grant to this hammer-business. She then proceeds to go after Miss Destroyer, mainly based on meta and lurking. While I agree that Miss Destroyer's slot is not without its severe question marks, I don't find RachMarie's role in this hunt very "kosher". As it happens I happen to have encountered RachMarie in other games (an ongoing one and a cancelled one), and if anyone should know "activity" can fluctuate regardless of alignment, it's her. She refers to RL-situations quite often herself to explain a certain lack of activity.
- Her (apparently lone) visit to fuzzybutternut.
- The way this visit to fuzzybutternut was admitted to, and the circumstances in which it happened. I think my theory on that is clear by now.
- The only thing that throws me off a bit, I have to admit, is her supposed "twilight"-post (post ) where she supposedly believed to have been hammered. I think it's a very silly thing to do as scum, but then again, scum could keep up the lying even after having been hammered just to mess with us, or she never thought she got lynched in the first place. I believe it to be the latter, as she asked for clarifications on the vote situation in and I gave her this clarification in . If she read that she'd have no reason to think she was lynched after my vote at all.

All of this together, but especially the last points, make me the most confident in a lynch on RachMarie.

Of course there are still things to be said about the other two, but all in all I don't find those as compelling as the points above. They are however to be remembered for future reference I think.

Miss Destroyer

- I didn't have a read on her by page 15, making her a non-presence during the first half of this game. Considering Mrs MArangal and Human Destroyer are both active players, it is worrysome to say the least that their hydra, for a long time,e xcelled in lurking.
- Despite of what Egg said, I don't see any real scumhunting from Miss Destroyer. The example that was shown (the associative tell-epiphany) cana rguably be called scumhunting. I'd call it oil on an already burning fire. If there's any scumhunting at all, it's usually limited to a "one reason - one vote"-pattern, which is rather lazy I'd say. One reason is rarely enough to vote someone (unless it's something really compelling like a scumslip or a confcop-check), and definitely not the kind of reasons Miss Destroyer put forward with some of her votes (Zionite and her last vote on Wisdom in particular).
- Page 23, claiming, soft-claiming PR, claiming VT...
- The main thing that irks me is that the scumhunting limited, and the little that does happen is all through supposed associative tells, first Zionite-Malakittens, then RachMarie-Malakittens. I don't think associative tells provide a good basis for a scumhunt, I think it's quite easy to see an association between any two people one way or another if you just try hard enough. There's not much being said about "inherent" scumminess of people.
- Also too much is blamed on the both of them not agreeing with each other. Inconsistent reads, strange word choices, hell, even the latest bout of inactivity was blamed on Mara by HD for her not warning him. It feels very much like a play to me. I assume HD has independent access to the Miss Destroyer account, why would he need Mara to inform him of this new daystart?

Malakittens

- I don't like Mala"s post at all. She admits to the argument not being strong, yet she finds it enough to keep Zionite at L-1. Granted, maybe it's true that at that stage of the game you don't have any better arguments than that, but then why keep the L-1 situation intact at that stage of the game then?
I know this dates from a long time ago, but I always thought that keeping someone at an L-1 with reasons you don't find very convincing yourself is very telling when it comes to the way you approach this game. The impression of attitude that follows from this 122 is that she doesn't care much about who gets lynched and for which reasons. I know it's only one post, but I found it so striking I'm inclined to calling it a scumslip.
- I don't like her either. I don't like the way Malakittens is trying to sound holier than the pope with this PR-fishing-business, and not only because there was no PR-fishing going on. Someone just mentioned "PR3, this does not make it the same as fishing. Making a fuss over nothing like that doesn't seem pro-town to me, but more like an act to sound like a good boy telling everyone to be good but stealing candy himself later that day.
- I don't like the way she responded to Egg's case against her. She never really adressed what he said, but just attacked formalities and nitpicked on some circumstancial remarks. Just the way a lawyer would do it when he knows his client is guilty.
Egg actually summarized it pretty well in this quote:
Quote from Egg
Now look at Mala. Sure, she's posting. She's active. But she's doing what is popular and won't stick out. Even from the very beginning of the game. She "likes" my slot at the very beginning. At that point, so does everyone else. And her language doesn't suggest a firm stance that will stick. She votes zionite early on and gives reasons, but the vote is because he's willing to unvote for a "compromise". Go back and look at zi's post. It's not that serious. Then she goes after the first thing to stick out. Bo's L-1 vote. Come on, he obviously just wanted reactions. Mala is smart enough to know this. She's also smart enough to know that it could gain traction if she shows issue with it. Same idea as the Bo thing when she points out that fuzzy seems "different". More active and giving opinions. Yes, he's gaining experience. That's why he's different. Should be easy to pick up when you've played a newbie game or two and can spot a newbie from a player who is transitioning out of newbiness. Then there's the thing where she votes miss destroyer for something dumb and then when it's pointed out that it's dumb, "oops, I misread". She's just muddying the waters wherever she can on anyone that might be a lynch target. This isn't genuine scumhunting. And this is a player who knows how to scumhunt so I don't buy this play at all.
- She's very much on the fence about RachMarie, which, again given recent developments, makes her my second scumread now despite her stronger start in day 2. Het post is extremely wiffywoffy, which I know is not a word but still aptly describes how I feel about it. Regardless of this, Mala does have her vote on RachMarie even before this wishiwoshy post, which brings me back to the first point I have against Malakittens.

Oh and on one last note: please come back everyone. I don't know where you all ran off to, but with one day to go for lynch, the last thing we need is flakers. Please feel free to add to these reads or to counter anything said in them in a way that makes it as readable and concise as possible for everyone.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:10 am

Post by Grimgroove »

RachMarie is now at L-1
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:16 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 764, Grimgroove wrote:- The only thing that throws me off a bit, I have to admit, is her supposed "twilight"-post (post 646) where she supposedly believed to have been hammered. I think it's a very silly thing to do as scum, but then again, scum could keep up the lying even after having been hammered just to mess with us, or she never thought she got lynched in the first place. I believe it to be the latter, as she asked for clarifications on the vote situation in 639 and I gave her this clarification in 640. If she read that she'd have no reason to think she was lynched after my vote at all.
I can't see Rach doing either of these (after-hammer scumtrolling or faking she thought she got lynched), and tbh after reading that post again I feel less inclined to lynch her.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:18 am

Post by Grimgroove »

But check 640. She posted after that and before my supposed hammer, so she saw the confirmation that she was not at L-1. This actually only makes me more certain than anything, because her thinking she was lynched is a lie, simple as that. The response to her own question was right there.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Wisdom »

I don't know about that. She was clearly skimming and I doubt she paid much attention to your post.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:23 am

Post by Wisdom »

She still thought she is at L-1 when she posted 641; then she saw three walls from you ending in a vote on her.
Not interested to read walls, she assumed that was the hammer.
That's how I think she saw it.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:25 am

Post by Wisdom »

Of course that's just speculation based on what I know on how Rach usually plays/thinks, so I understand if it means nothing to you.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:28 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Hmpf, I don't know, I'd see her capable of lying about this, but I'm assuming you know her better.

I guess my vote is not as final as I thought, but I'm following my own gut for the moment and will leave my vote where it is until I hear further objections.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Wisdom »

I know how you're seeing this; I always assume that people read what I type too, but there have been many times that I was fooling myself; there are a lot of tl;dr people around.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Grimgroove »

But in a case where one asked the question herself, surely she'd be interested enuogh in actually reading the answer. wasn't that long.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:33 am

Post by Wisdom »

Well, 641 was clearly responding to your 640, so it means she read it.
The thing is, it looks like she's doubting what you're saying, and she actually still believes she's at L-1 despite what you're saying.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”