Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:33 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

In post 8, BwBurke wrote:Obviously no townies are ever going to get investigation results since the investigation roles aren't compulsive, so from the town's point of view this is a straight 2:2:9 setup.
Scum will be incentivized to send results after their buddy dies. Possibly even before.

VOTE: Jordan_Downey
for being Robert Downey Jr's annoying cousin.

@thenewearth: Could you change the topic icon showing the game is in night phase? It's distracting me.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:46 pm

BwB is probably town. His thinking about the worst case scenarios is classic paranoid town.

Who's scum? I have no idea yet.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:37 pm

In post 59, TvK wrote:Man, this game is slow. So people who are not voting Burke or Banakai, what reasons do you have to not vote for either of them?
I've already explained why I think Burke is town. I don't know about Banakai but I'm not interested in a pressure vote or anything at the moment. Are you trying to direct the lynch towards two players who aren't your scumbuddy?

I have some bad gut feelings about Team 9's .

Unvote. Vote: Team 9.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 am

Sorry I couldn't post yesterday I just started a new job so things are busy. Activity should pick up in a couple of days.
In post 109, beastcharizard wrote:Banakai is a competent player. I faced them in a Donner party and they had quite a bit of posts throughout the game. They were expected to be scum at least half of the game.
They didn't really explain anything about why they were "confused" or anything.
Nothing in this description indicates a competent player.
Team 9 wrote:>Has reason to suspect someone
>Votes me because of a little gut twitch
Sometimes the gut beats the brain.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:21 pm

@Banakai: What I recommend if there are things going on that you can't understand is ignore them unless they're related to game mechanics. It's okay not to understand everything, just focus on what you can understand. There are certainly things in games that I don't understand or only understand partially, and I'm sure that's true for everyone.
T S O wrote:Shockwave Rider is Town. Discuss.
I don't know that I've done anything that should make me look town up to this point. But people get reads for all kinds of reasons. Now it's time for you to work on some scum reads.
beastcharizard wrote: Why join a game if you aren't going to take it seriously?
RM already explained this. He didn't know what setup he was signing up for because he just inned for the next game available.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm going to be getting in a full reread tomorrow.

I'm becoming more suspicious of RM. His strategy could be very effective as scum because the other scumteam won't be likely be likely to kill him. Probably won't be investigating him either. He could be playing this way with that purpose in mind. I'm going to take a look at his meta and see if this is just his general playstyle though.
Banakai wrote:Just saying, in all my experience (which I guess isn't as much as your guy's) I have never seen scum lurk.
Not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely.
Your sample size is too small. Believe me it happens all the time. I kind of feel Banakai wouldn't be saying this as scum though.
Daniel Brian wrote:80 So Shockwave, youre not going to explain what made you uneasy about 60 and just claim gut? Furthermore, if you think TvK is scum driving attention away from his scum buddy, you kinda have to say why you think TvK and Team 9 are scum together.
Just about all of team 9's post 60 gave me gut pings. I would say it's because they feel forced but it's difficult to explain why that is in any detail. I mean they were just giving the most pro-town looking response to every quote.

You know this game is multiball right?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:03 am

Rainbowdash's entrance looks town.

Some people are saying the RM wagon is a policy lynch but I don't really agree. Some of the votes a more policy lynchish than others but some have given real reasons for their votes. I am of the belief that any kind of player can be read, even trolls. I don't think it's a good idea to give RM a free pass just because he's trolling, especially since he isn't likely to be killed or investigated. The only way we're likely to kill him is by lynching, so not considering him would be disastrous if he is scum.
Team 9 wrote:@SR: maybe i'm giving the most pro-town answer because... i'm town? It is true that i am (was) trying a bit harder than usual, though, because i hate slow games. Leading a 3-headed hydra alone during limited access blows.
Most players don't make those little pro-town asides. That's actually kind of my playstyle but I don't think that kind of play is natural for most players. I think it's something scum would be likely to do to gain towncred.

I'm feeling sick so I won't be doing that reread right now maybe later today.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:26 am

In post 214, beastcharizard wrote:I am now think that Burke was bussing Bana.
Bussing Day 1 in this setup is terrible play. Wouldn't expect to see it.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 am

beastcharizard wrote:When half the people already think your partner is scum and you can get town points why not? Assuming you are bussing the goon of course.
Sure, but we weren't in a situation where anyone was a lock to be lynched.
bubbajack8 wrote:Either my computer or mafiascum f'ed up and I didn't get to reply to this. Voting the largest wagon simply to "save yourself" is scummy.
That kind of self-preservation is justifiable. If Bw is town, he knows that he is town. He doesn't know what RM's alignment is. Therefore, if his only choice is between himself getting lynched and RM getting lynched, he should choose RM.
In post 247, TvK wrote:
In post 246, RationalMadman wrote:why are people saving me when I am a werewolf?
This intrigues me. I was kind of expecting RM to walk in, see that there's someone at L-1 and quickhammer for the lulz. From the beginning of the game until now he has changed his vote about 10 times, but he refrains from hammering Burke. Scumteam Burke-RM is very possible.
TvK is delusional or scum here.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:36 pm

In post 251, bubbajack8 wrote: P:edit; why can't he choose anybody else and present a case.
Deadline is pretty close at this point and I don't know that anyone else is likely to get enough support.
In post 252, erneiz_hyde wrote:
In post 250, Shockwave Rider wrote: TvK is delusional or scum here.
Can you explain why? I kind of expected the same thing as him.
First of all having both members of a team as the top wagons day 1 is implausible, as is the idea that we can guess scumteams this early. Also assuming RM is playing to any kind of win condition is a mistake. I may be kind of biased here though because I'm pretty sure Burke is town.

Unvote. Vote: RationalMadman.
I hope this lynch gets through. It's better thane Burke or Banakai.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:12 pm

In post 270, Jordan_Downey wrote:If anyone is at all surprised that RM hammered, they need to read the game more closely. I'm actually surprised he didn't hammer earlier. Given that this is a setup where claims are useless, I am less than bothered that he did.
Some players helpfully gave him that idea. :roll:
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:25 pm

In post 273, bubbajack8 wrote:@Shock: Do you think a BW scum flip results in a TvK lynch? Or are you with the other idea that it's a bubba lynch? (which I still don't get.)
I've been under the assumption that Burke is town for quite a while so I'd have to read through the game again to see who scum Burke might implicate

Return to “Completed Open Games”