fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 346, Nobody Special wrote:
I'm still going to look askance at Grim, as he just looks scummy to me, but I could be wrong.

WBO is not looking very good to me, either.
Can you wrap some words around these reads? What about grim looks scummy? What about WBO is not looking very good?

I saw you do some decent analysis in the Dr Who game. The bar has been raised!

Also, why am I the towniest player in your list if you can't read me? Shouldn't I be null or something?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 349, Nobody Special wrote:So why didn't you ask for prods then?
Because I wasn't in the game yet. I was checking the activity list to see who I might be replacing.

Idic
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by Trisania »

In post 347, fferyllt wrote: Why do you think scum are more likely to be rude than town?
Defense mechanism. Just that. But it's only a tiny scum tell. It is more likely that a townie who's about to be lynched would AoE dramatically or give some really smart retort.

Which supports my earlier theory TNE is town. On hindsight, I should have spoken up and asked his voters to reconsider. Scum wouldn't be suicidal on D1.
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 352, Trisania wrote:
In post 347, fferyllt wrote: Why do you think scum are more likely to be rude than town?
Defense mechanism. Just that. But it's only a tiny scum tell. It is more likely that a townie who's about to be lynched would AoE dramatically or give some really smart retort.

Which supports my earlier theory TNE is town. On hindsight, I should have spoken up and asked his voters to reconsider. Scum wouldn't be suicidal on D1.
It varies by individual, but I find that in general scum tend to be more controlled and conciliatory than town, up to a point. Scum don't want to make waves, and don't want negative attention. So, scum tend to be somewhat non-reactive to pressure at first, and then maybe overreact if the pressure gets intense. When town-on-town scuffles happen, scum tend to either sit back and let it go on (because it's a good distraction from finding the real scum) or maybe even stir the pot gently.

The problem is, "in general". For every rule there are exceptions. And there are players who react counter-intuitively intentionally or without realizing that's what they do.

Idic
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 59, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:
VOTE: thiscantgowrong

Just wanted to clarify.
Can you please explain what this was about?

ffery: am putting a case together on WBO. it's good, promise.

Not so much putting a case together on Grim. It's mainly gut, so no case to be made.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by Trisania »

I see. In his case, considering his flip, TNE was acting like town. Tell me, if you were already playing on D1, would you lynch him?

And if you were scum, what would have been your stand and who would you have NKd?
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by Trisania »

^Originally addressed to ffe. You can also answer, NS, if you want.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 355, Trisania wrote:I see. In his case, considering his flip, TNE was acting like town. Tell me, if you were already playing on D1, would you lynch him?
It's hard to say since I knew his alignment when I started reading the game. But, probably not. In fact I just finished a game where he and I were both town, he came under lynch pressure on day 1, and I was unwilling to lynch him because I thought he was too easy to mislynch and his play had a townvibe to it.
if you were scum, what would have been your stand and who would you have NKd?
Unless I had picked up some PR tells from a specific player, I would have gone for an experienced player I didn't expect to be protected. So, assuming I weren't scumbuddies with one of them, I would have considered GiF or Grimgroove and to a lesser extent zipperflesh. But, zipperflesh wasn't on the TNE bandwagon, so I might have discounted him for that reason.

The other thing I would consider is sowing confusion with an off the wall lynch, and that could basically be anybody, though I have a personal dislike for targeting true newbies on night 1 because it cuts down on the time they get to spend playing the game.

Idic
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by WBOCampfire1104 »

OK, so I'm chilling and reading some manga when I realise it's high time to check mafiascum again. Looking over the last pages, I facepalmed at his posts.

In post 269, he talks about how Cervantes got more pressure than I did. Not true. I had a wagon (zipperflesh and hayato) more than Cervantes.

Let's also look at his post 346 analysis. This is his order:
SCUM
thiscantgowrong
Me (WBOCampfire1104)
NULL
hayatoBL
Trisiana
Grimgroove
TOWN
fferylit

His reasonings for the scum (me and tcgw) are nomexistent for tcgw, and he thinks I'm scum because I don't get attention (not true). Besides, we'd have to be ignorant of each other, because we all saw (including NS
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Votecount 2.4Cervantes
Grimgroove - 1 (thiscantgowrong)
Nobody Special
hatatoBL
thiscantgowrong
Trisania - 1 (hayatoBL)
WBOCampfire1104

Not Voting - 5 (Cervantes, Nobody Special, WBO, Trisania, Grimgroove)

Players in need of prods have been prodded

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch. Deadline is 11/28 at 5PM EST.
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 358, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:OK, so I'm chilling and reading some manga when I realise it's high time to check mafiascum again. Looking over the last pages, I facepalmed at his posts.

In post 269, he talks about how Cervantes got more pressure than I did. Not true. I had a wagon (zipperflesh and hayato) more than Cervantes.

Let's also look at his post 346 analysis. This is his order:
SCUM
thiscantgowrong
Me (WBOCampfire1104)
NULL
hayatoBL
Trisiana
Grimgroove
TOWN
fferylit

His reasonings for the scum (me and tcgw) are nomexistent for tcgw, and
he thinks I'm scum because I don't get attention
(not true). Besides, we'd have to be ignorant of each other, because we all saw (including NS

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

oops. wasn't ready to post that. Can you point out where he said the bolded? I missed that.

Idic
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 pm

[Sorry, pressed submit mid-type. And that post was explainig Nobody Special, btw.]
), and I was way too hard-hitting for any remnants of a team. He also thinks fferylit - well, he hopes - he's town because he doesn't understand him. Everyone else is null. My thoughts of Nobody Special are definitely scum-leaning, but GiF acted nothing like his scum role in 1339. (Ask Tris.) So, this is for everyone; When voting, do you consider a replacement's previous self's suspicions (or un-suspicions) when voting? Explain.

Nobody Special = cusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscuss
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:03 pm

In post 361, fferyllt wrote:oops. wasn't ready to post that. Can you point out where he said the bolded? I missed that.
It wasn't in 341, actually; I assumed his reasoning was built up on post 269, where this is stated.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Will have a look.

I'm not a he, btw.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In 269 he's talking about the start of day 2, and the comment is accurate. You didn't have any votes on day 2 at that point, and Cervantes had picked up a a couple votes (afaik you still don't but I'm not really paying attention to votes yet, the Day is still pretty young).

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Also, I'll be pretty surprised if that's the basis of his case on you, WBO.

Idic
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 354, Nobody Special wrote:

Just wanted to clarify.
....what?

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by fferyllt »

WBO, have you played forum mafia before?

Idic
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by Trisania »

In post 362, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:[Sorry, pressed submit mid-type. And that post was explainig Nobody Special, btw.]
), and I was way too hard-hitting for any remnants of a team. He also thinks fferylit - well, he hopes - he's town because he doesn't understand him. Everyone else is null. My thoughts of Nobody Special are definitely scum-leaning,
but GiF acted nothing like his scum role in 1339. (Ask Tris.)
So, this is for everyone; When voting, do you consider a replacement's previous self's suspicions (or un-suspicions) when voting? Explain.

Nobody Special = cusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscusscuss
True, GIF wasn't like his cunning self in 1339. But he wasn't posting much here, either, like he's trying to divert attention from himself by posting IC stuff. And since we kept on gushing about how brilliant he was as scum in that game, he might've changed his gameplay so we'll think he's town.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:01 pm

OK. This is an extremely revolutionary vote from me: I think GRIMGROOVE is scum. Why?
What I've noticed he's done is try to be an influence: he randomly votes people he knows isn't scum, and tries to convince everyone he/she is scum. Day 1, he jumps on the tcgw wagon. He almost gets everyone to kill him off, but realizing interest is waning (or he's town trying to save tcgw's butt), he unvoted, and the reckless me would have accidentaly quickhammered him and gotten lynched day 2. Good for everyone. He starts up GIF. Nobody there. Then he moves to thenewearth. Everyone accepts within a short notice, and weakling TNE was lynched. That night, zipperflesh, another weakling, was eliminated. But why? Either he didn't care, thought zippy was annoying, or left it to a nooby scum. The best candidate there is tcgw. Day 2: hayato wagon fails. Then he votes tcgw again, probably more hiding his sneaky roles. He munches on NS next, and unvotes quickly, but probably would have continued the wagon if he saw my previous opposition of NS. He's neutral right now, probably looking for another target. The only thing that fits here is Grim + tcgw, because tcgw's always nervous (scum behavior), and Grim's tactics are scum-related: medium-high post rate compared to other players, and leaves them hanging. I should also mention hayato's excessive question-asking, but generally scum tend to more leave-the-town-hanging-and-confused than just a question-asker. At the moment Grimgroove would be smarter to vote because he's the soul of the scum; tcgw is nothing without him. So,
VOTE:GRIMGROOVE

Grimgroove: What do you think?
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by Trisania »

In post 365, fferyllt wrote:In 269 he's talking about the start of day 2, and the comment is accurate. You didn't have any votes on day 2 at that point, and Cervantes had picked up a a couple votes (afaik you still don't but I'm not really paying attention to votes yet, the Day is still pretty young).
^Whoa, WBO, wait. Have you forgotten Grim's doctor crumbing-that-isn't-a-crumb-at-all? That in itself has called attention to him (and to me for rolefishing). Do you think scum would be so bold as to even very barely hint at being a PR on D1? Regardless of the fact that he denied having soft-claimed at all, I don't think that entire situation is something that scum would want to happen so early in the game.

And how about hayato's buddying him? Shouldn't that be a town-tell instead? Unless you intend to change Grim's supposed partner from tcgw to hayato?

I do hope you've taken these into consideration.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Trisania »

Sorry, I didn't intend to quote ffe.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 73, zipperflesh wrote:@thenewearth how does cervantes post give him town pants?
btw jsyk I'm wearing the town pants now.

Idic
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 367, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 354, Nobody Special wrote:

Just wanted to clarify.
Who do I have to sleep with to get a question answered around here??
....what?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”