Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:49 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Welcome to Newbie 1455!
Game OVER.

Playerlist:

* denotes a prod
bolded
indicates confirmation
1. Pieisgoo
MauriceMoss

2. Acidic_TACO

techking45
T S O
JasonWazza
GamerRaptor

4. TeedyKay
5. TwilightsCall
drmyshotgun (SE)
Skelda
7. Bitmap (SE)
phokdapolees
8. Dessew (SE)

9. RachMarie (IC)***

Rules

* Stolen and Edited from EspeciallyTheLies who stole it from Equinox <3

All rules listed in the Boilerplate Mafiascum Game Rules page apply to this game except where contradicted in the additional rules below, in which case the following rules will take precedence:

Game-play:
  1. This shade of Red (#BF0000)
    is reserved for the moderator. All other formatting is fair game with the provision that you do not impersonate me. Impersonation is grounds for a modkill
  2. Flavor is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.
  3. Votes must be cast using this format:

Code: Select all

[b]Vote:DoctorPepper[/b]
    or by using the VOTE: tags, like this:

[vote]DoctorPepper[/vote]
    If it looks like you're voting, it will be counted. You may UNVOTE: before changing your vote, but it is not necessary. If you wish to remove your vote entirely, you must UNVOTE: . You may also vote not to lynch anyone by voting for a No Lynch, like this VOTE: No Lynch or VOTE: NL. I will also accept nicknames such as

[vote]DP[/vote]
    as long as I understand it
  4. Lynches occur through simple majority (50% of living players + 1, rounded down). A No Lynch can be reached if 50% of the living players votes for no lynch. If no majority is reached at deadline, the Day will end without a lynch. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count.
  5. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to discuss in twilight phase until I post the death scene. Day ends when the moderator locks the thread.
  6. Dead players may make one "Bah!" post that does NOT contain any game information. If you think it might, leave it out. Things like, "Go town!" or "Bah!" are acceptable.
  7. You may not use hidden or encrypted text of any kind at any time for any reason (this includes "Tiny" text). Doing so will result in the offending post being deleted and the slot being replaced immediately and without warning.
  8. DO NOT TALK ABOUT ONGOING GAMES.
    Don't even hint at it.
Player Conduct:
  • Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 48 hours to make a game-related post in the game thread before a replacement is sought. If the prod is not opened within 24 hours, I will seek a replacement sooner. If you post a prod dodge, I will give you 24 hours to post before I prod you.
  • There is no fourth prod;
    players requiring a fourth prod will be replaced immediately. Additionally, if you get 3 in a single day phase, I will replace you
  • Insults, personal attacks, obscene name calling, and general bad behavior will not be tolerated and will result in force-replacement. Don't tempt fate; just play nice.
  • Please don't ask me to replace you because you don't like someone. Take a moment to review the player list before the game begins and use your best judgement. I would prefer to replace players only when absolutely necessary to maintain the flow of the game.
Deadlines and Night Actions:
  • Days will have a deadline of two weeks, and Nights will last 48 hours. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances. Not being able to make up your mind is not an extreme circumstance. :]
  • If I do not receive your action by deadline, the action is forfeited. You may submit ahead of time. You can also make as many changes as necessary, and at deadline I will take the last action you submitted. Actions may be submitted via PM or bolded in a QuickTopic.
  • All actions will be processed according to Natural Action Resolution.
Miscellaneous:
  • I am human and fallible. If I've made a mistake, you can let me know by PM or a quick (bolded) post in-thread.
  • Please bold anything you wish me to see. Such as a V/LA announcement
  • Any situation not covered above will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
  • I reserve the right to change the rules to adapt to whatever situation
  • If I am gone for more than 48 hours, contact my back up mod Malakittens or the list mod Vel-Rahn Koon
The following was stolen from Maestro because I like ETL's choice of mods.
A Note About SE's and IC's (by Glork)The purpose of the SE (Semi-Experienced) and IC (Inexperience-Challenged) players in this game is to help Newbies understand how the game is played on mafiascum.net. If you have any questions about abbreviations, etiquette, mafia theory, etc., do not hesitate to ask your IC. Newbie games are meant to be educational. That said, remember the following things:
  • Because roles were assigned randomly, do not assume that your IC or SE players are town. They will provide you good theory-based information regardless of their alignment, but they are no more likely to be town than any other player in the game.

• There are no stupid questions! If you are unclear about any mafia-related questions ask your IC in thread. The answer to your questions will likely be helpful to everyone in the game.

• The tells and advice listed in the wiki, though useful, will only get you so far. Your IC and SE should be vastly more helpful than the wiki, as they will always be up-to-date.

Game Information

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

This game has been given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles have be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies appropriately, to create a 2-Mafia and 7-Town setup. For example Row 1 (1 Jailkeeper, 1 Vanilla Townie, 1 Mafia Goon) would add an additional 5 Vanilla Townies and 1 Mafia Goon, for a total setup of 1 Jailkeeper, 6 Vanilla Townies, and 2 Mafia Goons.

Roles have been assigned using random.org.

*Roleblocker will take precedence over jailkeeper when resolving night actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-Shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional QT, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional QT, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Spoiler: Still Listening to Future Me(alive)
RachMarie,
Mafia Goon
survives and wins for Mafia

Spoiler: Became Legend...Wait for it...s Legends!(dead)
TeedyKay,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1
Acidic_TACO,
Town Tracker
, died Night 1
phokdapolees,
Mafia Goon
, lynched day 3
Dessew,
Vanilla Townie
, died Night 3
GamerRaptor,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 4
TwilightsCall,
Vanilla Townie
, died Night 4
Skelda,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 5
MauriceMoss,
Town 1-shot Bulletproof
has been endgamed.

Spoiler: Put on a Bus(modkilled)
Nobody, and lets keep it that way

Last edited by DoctorPepper on Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:09 am, edited 22 times in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Role PMs are out.
I will open the thread when 7/9 confirm.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Note: flavor is in no way tangentially related to any TV Series and i just picked the name because I was watching HIMYM at the time.

In a small town in New Mexico, a small child is nodding off to sleep..

"Dad I want a bed time story!"

"But son, I dont even know how to make one. This will be terrible"

"You have to dad, or I wont go to sleep"

After a lengthy discussion, the father relented.

"Im going to tell you a tale about people dying!"

"Yay?"

In a small town located in a clandestine location (shorthand for "the writer got too lazy to think of a proper name"), there lived a couple of 10 villagers. Well there used to be 10. Did he move away? Did he relocate to another small village? Predictably, he was murdered, because how else do any of these stories end..

"Dad, these stories are terrible. Why cant you even give me character names, places, events?"

"Well if youre so good, why dont you think of them"

"Okay, lets name the characters"

The surviving town members mourn over the death of DoctorPepper, the Town Mayor

"You have to stop drinking soda before going to bed"

so there they were, the town composed of Pieisgoo, Acidic_TACO, techking45, TeedyKay, TwilightsCall, drmyshotgun, Dessew, Bitmap, and RachMarie

"Son, you think of the weirdest names for characters"

"Will you let me finish dad"

"Uhm, okay."

The townies realize that the mayor was killed, by one of their own, because magically no one can ever die of a disease here. And also the stab wounds.
So they decided to figure out amongst themselves who the killer is. The killers are outnumbered, so instead of escaping and being caught (because escaping from a town of 9 people is too hard), decided to play along while ELIMINATING ALL WHO STAND IN THEIR WAY

"Yeah Im also gonna stop letting you watch all those violent TV shows"

"Shhhhh"

The townies faced off, everyday they voted who to lynch, everynight they sleep tight, until the mafia kills them of course.

Now the twisted game begins. Who will win? Which faction will lose? Only one way to find out, lets play MAFIA!

It is now Day 1.

Vote Count 1.00

Not voting(9)
- Pieisgoo, Acidic_TACO, techking45, TeedyKay, TwilightsCall, drmyshotgun, Dessew, Bitmap, RachMarie

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, December 10, which is in (expired on 2013-12-07 11:00:00)

Mod notes:

None
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

*Walks into a small bar and slumps onto a stool*
I really hope that damn bear will finally stop following me...
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:48 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

After reviewing the player list, I think I can definitively figure out who the scum is!

VOTE: drmyshotgun

Why would you need a shotgun in a Mafia game unless you were going to murder people with it? Feel free to defend yourself...
if you can
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Already voting? No RP first?
Come on man :c
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

VOTE: TwilightsCall
For being so quick to kill people off already
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:18 am

Post by TeedyKay »

RVS
VOTE: RachMarie
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Are people voting at random?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 8, Acidic_TACO wrote:Are people voting at random?
Yes they are.

Rachmarie is the IC, drmyshotgun, Bitmap and I are the SEs. We're here to get you learn how we roll at MS.net. The IC is very experienced and has to answer your questions about theory truthfully, we, the SEs are less experinced than she
but we have no morals
The game usually starts with a random voting stage (RVS), where we try to get things going but we can skip that now because TC made an excellent point.
VOTE: drmyshotgun
Also: get an avatar.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Got one, why is the bandwagon for drmyshotgun though?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Dessew »

Two votes are hardly a bandwagon, come, join us, and it will become an actual wagon.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:23 am

Post by Dessew »

Btw, we have to start the game somehow, and the only thing we can do are voting and building wagons (or asking random questions (RQS) but that's eh.)
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

If the drmyshotgun speaks I can happily condemn him to death, but til then I can't do it, not in my nature.
I'll ask a question, whos in the mob?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:33 am

Post by Dessew »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean as "mob". I guess it's the playerlist? I mean: all the nine of us?
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 14, Dessew wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you mean as "mob". I guess it's the playerlist? I mean: all the nine of us?
The mafia lol
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Dessew »

Oh, the expression you need here is: whos's scum? And it's rude to ask for reads without giving any.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Bitmap »

HAMMER MY BALLS
HAMMER MY BALLS

VOTE: DMS
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:15 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

I am at once torn between leaving DMS at L-2 to fish for a quickhammer from scum, and unvoting in order to avoid said quickhammer.

I think in the end the chance of scum being willing to quickhammer less than 24 hours into D1 is kind of unlikely, so I think I'll leave my vote where it is for now.

So here's a question for you guys: would you trade all of D1's discussion to net a confirmed scum?
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:18 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

That question is, of course, hypothetical. Please don't think I'm recommending it lol
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 18, TwilightsCall wrote:I am at once torn between leaving DMS at L-2 to fish for a quickhammer from scum, and unvoting in order to avoid said quickhammer.

I think in the end the chance of scum being willing to quickhammer less than 24 hours into D1 is kind of unlikely, so I think I'll leave my vote where it is for now.
I completely forgot that there's only 9 of us so it takes very few people to lynch. Anyway, it's a newbie game, so:
Don't lynch without announcing your intent to hammer and making the lynchee claim. Never.

So here's a question for you guys: would you trade all of D1's discussion to net a confirmed scum?
No, that would be unfun.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:28 am

Post by RachMarie »

Hello Everyone. I am your friendly neighborhood IC. What that means is in addition to my game role which is randomly generated, I am here to help you with game mechanics and other questions of how to play the game. Feel free to ask me questions. You can get a good idea of the role of IC from here Being a good IC. Some things I may have to give a partial answer for because of the game being ongoing. If that happens, I will let you know why, and let you know that I will explain more fully after the game is over.

A few basics:

RVS (Random Voting Stage) and RQS (Random Questioning Stage)
are often used to get the game rolling. You will find that some people prefer one or the other, but both seem to get discussion going which is very important to the game. Especially for townies a lot of solid discussion helps make it easier to catch scum and figure out who the other townies are.

Lurking and Lying
. Lurking is not by itself a scum tell, however it is detrimental to town and it is much better to be active and asking questions, making reads, pushing on people, than to sit back in the sidelines. It is more fun too. Lying, especially in newbie games with the open 2 of 4 setup is very antitown. It can end up getting you lynched if you are a PR, or end up resulting in a CC if you are fake claiming. Just best to play your role as best as you can and not lie.

If you run someone up to L-1
(meaning only needing one more to lynch), then the next person to vote should state INTENT TO HAMMER and give the person being lynched a chance to respond. This way if it turns out to be a mislynch, the town at least has the information it needs from the player.

NL or No Lynch
is only an optimal play on certain circumstances in a game this size. Especially on D 1 it is better to have a mislynch than a NL. You still get information that is valuable in helping determine the scum.

A wagon on DMS already that is rather fast :P

After all I just got here
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Dessew »

If I may add some things: it's Matrix6, not 2of4. And announcing having put someone on L-1 would be really helpful, and starting a new line when announcing things and voting would be, too. These little things can make votes much easier to follow.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:55 am

Post by RachMarie »

oops I have to change that sorry peeps I just copy and paste the intro for each game and Des is right its Matrix now not 2 of 4.

I also agree with his other points being a mod at times I find it hard to see votes if they are buried in text.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 18, TwilightsCall wrote:I am at once torn between leaving DMS at L-2 to fish for a quickhammer from scum, and unvoting in order to avoid said quickhammer.
No one is retarded enough to quick hammer at L-2.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”