Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

T S O replaces techking45
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by Dessew »

shotty: I'm not über-experienced, I just assume that if my top townread is someone's top scumread, probably not I'm the one whose case is bad. Your case was based on almost all of taco's posts, while his first ones were (newb-)townish and the more I think about them, they are townier and townier. As for the misrep, you don't take into account that you voted taco and voted you only then. I'm not sure if taco brought it up or if he didn't then why not. If he posted his thoughts more cleanly, that'd be really good, for instance now we'd know wether he did mean what he implied or not. So yes, that's why I said there was a misrep: voting someone regardless the content of their posts (if there are no night results, of course) is ridiculous, that was kinda your point there, too. You took it seriously, I added something like "if he posts scummy" to make it make sense anrhen came that vote on you (which I believe was an OMGUS, or at least that's what I get out of taco's reaction for my bringing up OMGUS.)
Your point about fencesitting is good, although pie also did something similar just with scummier wording.

Bitmap: I cannot help it but this purpose thing sounds like a convinient excuse for being on a wagon whatever it is like. Imagine this: everybody gets on wagons only to get out of RVS (because it's page n etc.) Then we're still in RVS, aren't we?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Post by T S O »

yo guys I'm TSO. Will catch up.
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Post by TeedyKay »

Firstly as RVS has ended

UNVOTE: RachMarie
In post 54, Dessew wrote:
In post 27, TeedyKay wrote:
In post 19, TwilightsCall wrote:That question is, of course, hypothetical. Please don't think I'm recommending it lol
Yet you were seriously considering risking a quick lynch of a possible Townie in pretty much the same manner?!
Lynching a townie is really not a big deal, especially on D1. Nice discredit, though.
Not what I was saying, obviously the lynching of a possible Townie is no big deal, however the quick lynching of a possible Townie is, to risk a quick lynch with no convo/questions or any sort of discussion to draw out scummers is bordering ridiculous, especially in a newbie game where the hammer may fall from basic lack of knowledge of how a game may work. Highlighted further by an awful roleclaim already in this game (but please read on for my take on that). No discredit, a gen question to see where the hell TC was going.

Still a little unsure with the plays he’s making too, DMS pretty much sums it up with his ‘Fence Sitting’ stance, just reads as unwilling to start a wagon for fear of being highlighted further in the game.

Acidic Taco is highly conspicuous, again all points do seem to have been picked up by others so won’t repeat, but the hiding behind “It’s a newbie game, he may not know” does seem somewhat illogical especially with the following:
In post 73, Acidic_TACO wrote:It might just be his attitude, I dunno. I might be misidentifying a personality I wouldn't get along with for scum, other games I played had much more RP stuff in it so people would adjust their posts to match the character given in their roles.
As for me being conf-town, I appreciate your trust but it might be a bit too quick to give to me, I haven't shown any proof other then saying I'm the tracker to get myself out of a lynch and into being killed at night by the scum.
If they don't block my power I'd be happy to share paraphrased results as validity of my claim.
UNVOTE: drmyshotgun
You overanalyzing everything is your hobby apparently, I thought it was aggressive at first and thats how I used to tell scum from town in games.
Wherein he outright claims to have already played this game before so really shouldn’t be making the errors picked up already, and really does make that roleclaim especially dodgy.

Within the above quote, there’s also a reversed WIFOM moment, where he subtly alludes to he may be scum, it further adds to the confusion of his early claim.

I’m reading the roleclaim as desperation, he OMGUS’ed the entire wagon, he possibly may have drawn further claims of roles because of it, and now there is an element of power in his hands.

We “can’t” lynch him because of his roleclaim

He can provide bogus information for a Town lynch next day phase.

If he is Town (and I’m highly unsure) scum can attempt to eliminate him anyways.

His “claimed” role is now possibly void of any use, other than to further himself in the game.

It’s ropey, I don’t like it, and I think we could get results from looking back at defences made for him from others here too, should he turn scum.

VOTE: Acidic Taco
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:36 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

To clarify my position on Taco: I don't like his play, but I'm not willing to lynch a claimed PR on day 1 without some solid evidence. He's definitely leaning more scum than town for me though.

For some reason, reading through the thread again I'm getting a bad feeling from Rach. I don't like that all of her posts have essentially been coaching, and though I appreciate that might be one of her roles in the game, that's not her
only
role. She made a sort of info-digging post at least near the beginning, but I find it hard to believe that a question about an RVS wagon would be expected to generate much in the way of useful information.

A lot of people seem to be saying that she's quite lurky, but I don't see that as meaningful either way. I can't bring myself to not vote someone because they don't post, and while I don't feel happy about lynching someone just for being a lurker, I have no problems running them up to try and pull some information out of them.

With that in mind,
VOTE: Rach Marie

Aside from that:

I like Teedy's post on Taco. It does a fairly good job of explaining my gut feeling on him, though I'm not convinced we can get much in the way of associative reads from him flipping scum at the moment. Thinking about that can wait until we have something to associate though, I don't think worrying about it now has much of a point.
Acidic_TACO wrote:...
other games I played
had much more RP stuff in it so people would adjust their posts to match the character given in their roles.
My emphasis added.

This makes me feel really not good about you Taco. Unless you've been playing some games completely different from the mafia I've seen everywhere else, your plays are looking more and more like acting to me.
drmyshotgun wrote:Too hasty for what?
Too hasty to lynch someone on page 2 because someone hammered without knowing what they were doing because this is a newbie game. Taco's vote seemed completely void of substance and the rest of us were RVSing, so there seemed to be absolutely no reason to risk leaving
anyone
at L-1, especially in an environment where people (newbies) would be less likely to check for things like vote tallys before joining an RVS wagon.

With that out of the way, DMS's posts make me feel a bit better about him, though I don't necessarily agree with many of the points he's making.

Bitmap seems to be trying for a lot of info digging, but I don't see any attempts at an analysis from him other than to write off two people as town. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on anyone else. Similarly looking for more content from Pie, who also hasn't really said much other than 'he could be scum, or he could be bad.' I understand that complaining about lack of content on page 4 is kind of meh, but this is just me putting my thoughts down, not trying to make a case.

Dessew...like Rach, a lot of his posts seem to just be coaching, but at least he's actually interspersed opinions and reads throughout. I'll tag him as town for now, since I like the content he has provided.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

I played games on a forum before but they were much different then this, the emphasis was placed on PMing others for trading information and was more casual then this. And again, they were focused on rping.
Pieisgoo
Pieisgoo
Townie
Pieisgoo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Pieisgoo »

Sorry guys something unexpected has come up and I cant really post for a day or two. Ill make a larger post when I come back to go over everything I missed. Really really sorry for the inconvenience.

Noted. For future reference, please bold these requests, I almost gave you a prod.
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 81, Pieisgoo wrote:Sorry guys something unexpected has come up and I cant really post for a day or two. Ill make a larger post when I come back to go over everything I missed. Really really sorry for the inconvenience.
Life happens man, don't fret. Just make sure your post when you get back is a doozy :wink:
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:35 am

Post by T S O »

If there is a Town Cop or a Town Jailkeeper in this set-up, you cannot exist with Acidic's claim and you should immediately reveal yourself so we'll know Acidic is scum.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:36 am

Post by T S O »

Vote: TeedyKay

Never try to lynch an uncountered PR claim d1. You're from '11. You know this.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

I'm guessing that I'll be dead before I even can use my power huh? Being killed by scum and all that...
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am

Post by T S O »

Actually no, there's a 50% chance you won't.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am

Post by T S O »

Fuck this set-up's incredible for us

Mafia don't know if we have a Doctor and if they miss the kill they're boned
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 86, T S O wrote:Actually no, there's a 50% chance you won't.
I like those odds...
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 am

Post by T S O »

It's possibly more or less. There's a 50% chance you're guaranteed to survive the night. The odds on scum nightkill WIFOM are variable.

If you see someone target you and there's a kill on someone else then they're the Doctor and you shouldn't out them.

But there isn't a Doc guaranteed in this set-up, I'm telling you just in case.

Enough set-up spec, I'll talk to you at the end of the Day again
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Thats in a few days if nothing happens in the voting direction.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Just gonna go out on a limb but I'm gonna guess people aren't gonna be so open to vote until something new comes up...
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

In post 83, T S O wrote:If there is a Town Cop or a Town Jailkeeper in this set-up, you cannot exist with Acidic's claim and you should immediately reveal yourself so we'll know Acidic is scum.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like if Taco was scum, this is exactly what he would be aiming for by claiming tracker. And that makes me feel like someone counterclaiming him is a very dangerous thing to do.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 92, TwilightsCall wrote:
In post 83, T S O wrote:If there is a Town Cop or a Town Jailkeeper in this set-up, you cannot exist with Acidic's claim and you should immediately reveal yourself so we'll know Acidic is scum.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like if Taco was scum, this is exactly what he would be aiming for by claiming tracker. And that makes me feel like someone counterclaiming him is a very dangerous thing to do.
What I'm reading from this is if someone claims to be a cop or jailkeeper without any proof, I'm getting dead regardless?
OR
I'm reading that its a rouse to find the jailkeeper/cop and kill them on day one?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I'll get to this soon. It was turkey day.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

It's unlikely someone would claim if they weren't telling the truth, as it would get that person killed instantly the next day.

The logic is that if you were scum who thought you were doomed, you could claim a PR. Either people would back off and not kill you because of your claim, or someone would come forward and counterclaim you, showing one of our power roles off to the scum team so they know who to target. If you were telling the truth, then we'd see that when you get lynched (if we believe the person), and would immediately lynch the other person.

So basically, counterclaiming you is suicide, regardless of the situation at hand. The discussion boils down to, is it worth losing a PR to net a scum lynch? I am of the opinion that it is not, but TSO seems to disagree.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Ah...well if I live the night through I'll prove it and then hide from the scum the rest of the game...hopefully...
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

RachMarie has been prodded.

Extending prod response to 48 hours because of Thanksgiving (forgot this because I'm not American)
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »