Newbie 1459: The Price is... Wrong? (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-7

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch or nolynch.

scotpgot (0)
Hardy (1): lowercase (L-4)

Lowercase (0)
krishnaman (1): Formerfish (L-4)

TeedyKay (0)

huntress (1): Nachomamma8 (L-4)
Formerfish (1): Hardy (L-4)
phokdapolees (1): Huntress (L-4)

Players Not Voting (4): krishnaman, phokdapolees, scotpgot, Teedykay

Prods have been sent out, but given the season the timer for replacement will start the day after Xmas.

Deadline is Two Weeks. This is in (expired on 2014-01-01 23:00:05)
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Teddy liking you so far. Very town like posting style. You sound like a less dickish version of myself, and I like me so... curious that you suddenly get scared of a quickwagon in post 67. You were the only vote on him and I'm not sure if I ever saw a post from that slot. Why the sudden fear?

Krish- Jesus. That's all. Nah, I'll engage you more, you say our job is to find scum. Show me where you scum hunt, cause all I see is you questioning lynching on day 1.

Hardy- something about your style rubs me the wrong way, not sure what yet but that will work itself out. Also, good luck with that whole order business, I much prefer chaos early in the game. It gets people off balance and more likely to slip up. Is that why you want order, so you don't get caught up?

Lowercase- good posting so far, thoughts mirror a lot of my own.

Nacho- I don't have much experience reading you and this approach from you is new to me. You are null so far. Although to be honest I'm mot a huge fan of the arbitrary way you've decided to scum hunt. I went after krish because it was the first thing that pinged my scumdar hard, the ideas of no killing and being unable to find viable information on day 1 just tick me off. Is he scum? Maybe. Am I going to push him a bit to see what happens? Damon straight I will. Where did Krish go by the way, MIA?

Phok- why would you need to know why krish specifically chose to mention the tracker?

Huntress- this is our first game together and since its a newbie you will see a tuned down version of my style, but over the top language is something I do.

Scop- are you even playing?

Liking lowercase, and teedy.
Null on Nacho, huntress and the guy who's made one post so far (but if he's a newbie then maybe leaning slightly scummy. I know, I know lurking usually isn't considered a scumtell but for some reason as a newbie I see it as being one).
Would kill phok, hardy or krish without remorse.
Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Hardy »

I'm used to people ignoring the thread, spamming, going crazy at each other for no reason... and usually (unless randomness and just that favors the town) the first guy that dies is a townie.

So... yeah, I like things in order.
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

In post 101, Formerfish wrote:Phok- why would you need to know why krish specifically chose to mention the tracker?
I dunno, just curious why he chose to make such a specific statement.
In post 101, Formerfish wrote: Would kill phok, hardy or krish without remorse.
<3
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Formerfish »

See that's the problem though. Why are you curious as to his specific "claim?" Most will see this as role fishing or set up speculation that town wouldn't be engaging in. Knowing if we have a doc, tracker, jailkeep or other products doesn't change our play whatsoever. It does help scum though so your question becomes suspect.
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:00 am

Post by scotpgot »

First, sorry for my absence.

Is it just me, or is there just a lot of confusion at the moment? Good game for scum so far. Let's see what we can do to change that.

Can we all agree that
kris'
post was either a claim or a false claim? Does anybody really believe it was just blind luck that he chose tracker? And this isn't rolefishing. Is it still fishing if the fish has already jumped right into the damn boat? Anyway...going by the rest of his posts, I see it as much more likely that it was an honest (and stupid) claim rather than some early scheme to falsely claim a town role as scum.

Which brings me to
ph
. I'm seeing 7 posts, THREE of which are either voting or unvoting
kris
. And one of those votes was after the claim. I don't like that at all. Not at all.

VOTE: phok[/b]

Not liking FormerFish, either, for similar reasons but not quite the extent of
phok
. Still going after
kris
, but for different reasons.

As far as my town reads - although I'm still not used to/don't like nachomomma's style, I think it's good that he's collecting information. The more data we can acquire, the more likely it is 1) scum will make a mistake and 2) even if not a mistake, we can look for inconsistencies/logical fallacies.

Also have a general town-read on TeedyKay, but that's cautious.

Null reads on everyone else (so far). Like I said, it all seems...a mess right now. Part of that, I admit, is my fault for not posting, and lurkers add to the confusion.

Maybe I'll come up with some questions later. In the meantime, please feel free to ask me anything specific.
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:00 am

Post by phokdapolees »

Have you been reading at all? Krish already said it wasn't a claim.
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:15 am

Post by phokdapolees »

Oh, didn't read the earlier part of your post, sorry. Yes, I found it odd too, which is why I've been asking about it.
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:28 am

Post by scotpgot »

I don't know why I still have trouble voting.

*types slowly*

VOTE: phok
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 101, Formerfish wrote:Teddy liking you so far. Very town like posting style. You sound like a less dickish version of myself, and I like me so... curious that you suddenly get scared of a quickwagon in post 67. You were the only vote on him and I'm not sure if I ever saw a post from that slot. Why the sudden fear?

Krish- Jesus. That's all. Nah, I'll engage you more, you say our job is to find scum. Show me where you scum hunt, cause all I see is you questioning lynching on day 1.

Hardy- something about your style rubs me the wrong way, not sure what yet but that will work itself out. Also, good luck with that whole order business, I much prefer chaos early in the game. It gets people off balance and more likely to slip up. Is that why you want order, so you don't get caught up?

Lowercase- good posting so far, thoughts mirror a lot of my own.

Nacho- I don't have much experience reading you and this approach from you is new to me. You are null so far. Although to be honest I'm mot a huge fan of the arbitrary way you've decided to scum hunt. I went after krish because it was the first thing that pinged my scumdar hard, the ideas of no killing and being unable to find viable information on day 1 just tick me off. Is he scum? Maybe. Am I going to push him a bit to see what happens? Damon straight I will. Where did Krish go by the way, MIA?

Phok- why would you need to know why krish specifically chose to mention the tracker?

Huntress- this is our first game together and since its a newbie you will see a tuned down version of my style, but over the top language is something I do.

Scop- are you even playing?

Liking lowercase, and teedy.
Null on Nacho, huntress and the guy who's made one post so far (but if he's a newbie then maybe leaning slightly scummy. I know, I know lurking usually isn't considered a scumtell but for some reason as a newbie I see it as being one).
Would kill phok, hardy or krish without remorse.
Good post.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Scot, I don't like your point on Phok dedicating 3/7 of his posts to voting or unvoting krish. The first post Phok had voting Krish because Krish had an awkward opening and was asking why I voted him even though that was completely explained. If you don't like that vote because of its logic, explain why. Phok unvoted Krish because he thought Krish claimed tracker (which is obvious from context), and Phok voted Krish because he didn't understand why he would single out Tracker in the way he did if he wasn't claiming, which was a concern you point out in your big post.

In other words, all three unvotes/votes make complete sense and the ratio makes it seem like you're aiming to make it look like all he's doing is arbitrarily voting and revolting Krish.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-8

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch or nolynch.

scotpgot (0)
Hardy (1): lowercase (L-4)
Lowercase (0)
krishnaman (1): Formerfish (L-4)
TeedyKay (0)

huntress (1): Nachomamma8 (L-4)
Formerfish (1): Hardy (L-4)
phokdapolees (2): Huntress, scotpgot (L-4)

Players Not Voting (3): krishnaman, phokdapolees, Teedykay

Lowercase and Teedykay have been prodded.

Deadline is Two Weeks. This is in (expired on 2014-01-01 23:00:05)
Last edited by Cabd on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 99, Nachomamma8 wrote:"Word choice is over the top considering this is a newbie game" seems like an odd point to make and not shouldn't really be something that's cause for alarm for you.

Phok is your only read period? There's absolutely nothing in thread that's happened that you can comment on and get a feeling one way or another?
1) I never said it was a cause for alarm, just that I didn't like it.
2) ph is my only
scum
read. Please don't twist my words. As for the rest, I've already answered that.

@ Formerfish:
Why Hardy?

More to say but I've got to go out now.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Okay Huntress, let's rewind and try this again: what are your reads? Please give me something that isn't ridiculously underwhelming this time so I can roll the dice again.

krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:35 am

Post by krishnaman »

Hi guyz will post more today: checkimg in
krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by krishnaman »

Nacho- i am sorry i dintdt quite understand the thing at the beginning of the game. now i understand you randomly choose ppl to put pressure on to see how they react o if they trip up' . i dont have good or bad read on you. if you are citizen, it is a good strategy. if you are a bad guy, then i think its clear u r smart enough to avoid tripping up, so u woulld still do' it. so i dont know what your are good or bad.

phokdapolees-
In post 59, phokdapolees wrote:Yeah, Hardy is right, read the rules and make sure you know the setup. And why exactly would you just choose to say tracker? Why not just say all PR's in general? But thanks for clarifying that you're not claiming. Now I can still vote you. VOTE: krish
my apolgies if it didn;t post right^. But i dont' understand your issue here^. u took note that i specifically said tracker for a reason, and u think i am scum obviously bc u voted me. still, there is no scum roll that makes it so i know there is a track,er. if there is tracker, th re is mafia goon also. but with set-up's with maf ia goon, there are other options also that have no tracker.

still i tink it was just mistake. i don';t think mafia woud do vote me there, riht when people had unvo tedme before..

scotpgot-
In post 105, scotpgot wrote:
Can we all agree that
kris'
post was either a claim or a false claim? Does anybody really believe it was just blind luck that he chose tracker? And this isn't rolefishing. Is it still fishing if the fish has already jumped right into the damn boat? Anyway...going by the rest of his posts, I see it as much more likely that it was an honest (and stupid) claim rather than some early scheme to falsely claim a town role as scum.

i=scared of this happening after my mistake. i assure you i am not tracker..but i coiuld see how it would make sen'se. regardless, i am certain that you do believe i am tracker. and if you were mafia, i think the most obvious play woulld be to wait until night to kill the "tracker". Espec;ially, when noone was else seemed to question the fact that my past actions still make it seem like i am the tracker. it would have been super easy to wait until night and kill me. (well, except for phok, who evidently thinks i am mafia and voted me, so he doesn't count.) So i don:t think youre' mafia.

Formerfish-

I also fnid it hard to believe you don't think i'm tracker. that said, a mafia would probably just wait until night to kill me if that were true. so I don't think that you are mafia, even though you want to kill me during the day. To be honest, I think you're just trying to see what other people's reactions are to the prospect of killing me.

so the people i find most supsicious are the ones who have kind of swept my claim stuff under the rug (I realize that these people might also just be trying to protect me in the hopes of the mafia not deciding that i'm tracker... but i doubt it.)

people who have kind of swept my claim stuff under the rug, specifically not acknowledging the fact that my actions still make it seem like i'm tracker (i find this suspicious):

TeedyKay:
LowerCase
Nacho: mentioned him earlier, but i think he belo'ngs in this category
Huntress
Hardy

Again, althought i'm not actually the tracker, the'se names^ are based on the fact that my actions pretty clearly make it at least seem like im the tracker, and the idea that the mafia would not raise this concern until night, when they would kill me.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Mostly a prod dodge here, but I'll give a very quick reply to Huntress. My read on Hardy right now is like 90% gut/something about his posts set the hairs on the back of my neck at attention. I'll iso him to figure out if its something I can pinpoint.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Kris - I don't particularly care if you're tracker or not. I don't think think that being afraid of tracker dying is some complicated ploy to role fish the real PR out of hiding (and if so, 1v1 on Day 1 likely means dead scum on Day 1, which is a fine situation for me), thus it's not something necessary to talk about because it has no effect on your alignment. I prefer instead to avoid the whole situation altogether, so that Maria have as little information to work with when they are figuring out whether to kill you or not.

Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Lowercase »

Sorry, I've been gone for a while, Christmas and all. I'm just posting this to avoid replacement. I am currently crafting a more elaborate post.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Lowercase »

First off, I was looking through everyone's iso. Nacho, when you townread krish, hardy, and me he didn't really give reasons (at least that I saw) why we were town. I can guess why you thought Krish was town but why are Hardy and me town?

Hardy, since you don't seem confident enough to make a scum read, do you have any town reads?

Also Teedy, do you have any reads?

My thoughts on the players are as follows:

Nacho- I figure he probably decided to do this random focus tactic before he got his role PM, so that wouldn't be alignment indicative. Most of his posts seem to be explanatory which is normal since he is an IC. I don't think his posts let anyone know what his reads are though, which is a little weird.

Krish- This guy is totally town.

Huntress- I like her posting style and her choice of targets. I'm not quite sure of her alignment though but I'm leaning town.

Ok, I'm bored of this format. I like fish's posting except his initial attack on krish. Teedy doesn't post enough and he hasn't taken much of a stance against anyone, so I can't really say he's town. Hardy is also too neutral but he posts a lot. I don't like phok, but I from what I've seen he lurks in every game and almost always looks scummy so he might be lynch bait. I almost submitted this post before I remember scot existed so that's a problem.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

TeedyKay has failed to pick up his prod and is being replaced
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

Om replaces TeedyKay, please welcome
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by Om »

Oh one more game with Nacho? That makes it 4 including the dud and surely one has to be scum in one out of 4 in newbie.

Vote:Nacho
Evil sometimes wears pleasant face.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Huntress »

@ Nacho:
Is there a reason you didn't reply to scot's post ? Or follow up post ?
In post 38, Nachomamma8 wrote:The questions change as the interaction advances, but "what do you think of me?" is a perfectly fine way to start out things. For example, I already have a pretty good townread on you that I'm likely to explain pretty soon, all from those questions.
When is "pretty soon"? As far as I can see you never did explain this. And what about your scum-reads? It's only four days to the deadline and we need to be getting some consensus, but despite all your activity you haven't given any indication who you might be willing to vote for.

My current scum reads are ph, for reasons previously mentioned; Nacho; and Hardy, a gut read fed by posts like and his couple of references to himself as being neutral also gave an odd vibe. The last two reads are fairly weak. The rest are null to town although the last sentence of Lowercase's post is still niggling at me.
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by Om »

He is voting for you and thats fairly good indication of his scumread :roll:
Evil sometimes wears pleasant face.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”