XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by XScorpion »

OK
You need to be clear about these things though because from my perspective it sounded like you had reads on some of the players and were hiding them.
So you think Ice is scum. Do you think the wagon is entirely town driven? If not, who on it do you think is scum?
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 396, XScorpion wrote:Why do you disagree on this?
This is a theory thing for me. When I'm scum, I LOVE reads lists. I just take them, map out the game, and then systematically figure out exactly how to manipulate different players using their reads and other players reads on them, etc. Its deadly info to put into my hands, as scum... so I fear sharing it when I don't need to.

As town, nobody really believes anybody else, so reads lists are mediocre at best. Even when I die, and flip town, nobody is going to go back and say "Bauss was town, he's good at town, and he though Joe and John were scum. Lets hang Joe, then John." Its just a fact of how the game goes most of the time.

I'm not going to get derphammered before a claim, and Id expect a last chance to actually publish my reads... so I'm not sharing them now as I know I'll have an opportunity to do it later.

- Bauss -
"Bauss is cooler than Rank." - Varsoon
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Fair enough.
In post 401, TunnelVision wrote:I'm not going to get derphammered before a claim
Let's hope.
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 400, XScorpion wrote:OK
You need to be clear about these things though because from my perspective it sounded like you had reads on some of the players and were hiding them.
So you think Ice is scum. Do you think the wagon is entirely town driven? If not, who on it do you think is scum?
Sometimes clarity is not the best policy as town. In the absence of clarity, people insert their own opinions, thereby giving insights into themselves.

Example:
I was unclear. I did something that could easily be perceived as shady. You are exploring it. Exploring shady shit is a very townie thing to do. You're not biased by my tunneling in on you directly, so you're coming at it straight and with a clear head. I take all those pieces, plus the time you put into reading the game and sharing notes/thoughts, and I'm pretty confident you're town. This behavior jives with a town alignment, based on a quick profile of you as a player.

But I got that info out of you, indirectly, just from being shady. And, I'm getting info from some other people in similar fashions.

I'll answer your other questions at a later point in time, if you don't mind. Timing is bad now.

I need to hear more from the Fferyllt head of SoS.

- Bauss -
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing mafia for?
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

Probably 10 years.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 194, Remembrance wrote:TunnelVision is going to start walling soon.
Could you elaborate a bit on this? I read this and assumed Rem knew you from before this game (first, is this true?) and that you are someone who posts walls of text once the game gets going. I expected such a wall to appear before now but hasn't happened (for the reasons you've stated). Does this analysis sound correct?
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 406, XScorpion wrote:
In post 194, Remembrance wrote:TunnelVision is going to start walling soon.
Could you elaborate a bit on this? I read this and assumed Rem knew you from before this game (first, is this true?) and that you are someone who posts walls of text once the game gets going. I expected such a wall to appear before now but hasn't happened (for the reasons you've stated). Does this analysis sound correct?
I've got probably a dozen games on this board, and most of my posts explaining my reads turn into walls. He dug on me, and came up with that pretty quickly. Rank tells me to wall less, and people will listen more... but that never seems to work. I tend to generate reads/cases that people think are crazy and it takes a lot of words to explain them and convince people.

- Bauss -
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Rank has been absent for basically the whole game. Do his thoughts differ from yours significantly?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Explaining myself when I jumped into a game and just wanted to get in the game, wasn't going to go anywhere. More important to me is figuring out what Meph's alignment was and why he accepted what someone said, then unvoted to vote me. He reminded me of Kid A, so I wanted to figure out his alignment by pressuring him.
in #94 he tried to reassure me that he didn't suspect me. Which felt like an attempt to allay suspicion and get me to unvote him, which bothered me. I eventually got drawn to Pie though.
I thought I wrote Town/null/scum reading, but I apparently didn't. Some people aren't answering that question and they should.
You think Hayato is town? Why? "Like" is not good enough. I need concrete reasons derived from his posts and what he has done. Whilst, I know you dislike meta, his opinion on it does not determine his alignment.
I agree that Eek's return to this game is disappointing.
Why is RC's 165 awful? Why does it make you think he's scum?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 409, Remembrance wrote:You think Hayato is town? Why? "Like" is not good enough. I need concrete reasons derived from his posts and what he has done. Whilst, I know you dislike meta, his opinion on it does not determine his alignment.
I've seen nothing that tips him off as scum to me. Everything he's posted seems perfectly fine and reasonable, and I agree with most of his views. I don't have 'concrete reasons derived from his posts', I simply have a lack of strong evidence to support that he is scum, and I always feel like when I am reading his posts that he is town. Not much else to say on that.
In post 409, Remembrance wrote:Why is RC's 165 awful? Why does it make you think he's scum?
Because the insult to Aegor is completely unwarranted and serves to discredit a (in my opinion) fine post.

Who's Kid A?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 0, Mac wrote:With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 0 days, 7 hours, 58 minutes from now.
I saw this on the front page. Is this accurate? If so we kinda need to get our asses moving here.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Remembrance »

A guy I've played with.
I disagree Aegor's first post was jarring to me. RC is a town read because he's playing exactly how he plays as town, completely and utterly unconcerned with appearances (except for in his first post), and moving where I was thinking of moving. Which was onto Hayato.

Hayato drew my attention when he posted #336 and kept drawing it. Then RC moved unto to him and his reaction to it is confusing, why call the bluff? Why double down? Where's the town motivation?

It's delayed Xscorpion, we have 4 days once we get the Pieguyn slot replaced.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 401, TunnelVision wrote:
In post 396, XScorpion wrote: This is a theory thing for me. When I'm scum, I LOVE reads lists. I just take them, map out the game, and then systematically figure out exactly how to manipulate different players using their reads and other players reads on them, etc. Its deadly info to put into my hands, as scum... so I fear sharing it when I don't need to.
Then you at least need to explain your votes in detail and provide information about who else you think is scummy. Half of your wordcount is on the last page, which is suspicious in itself, given that you seem to only respond when the pressure is on you. Refusal to share could be refusal to commit to positions that may be scrutinized later, which in my experience is a scumtell. Your complete stonewalling is scummy.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Aegor »

Rem wrote: I disagree Aegor's first post was jarring to me.
In what way?
M A S Q U E R A D E
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 412, Remembrance wrote:Hayato drew my attention when he posted #336 and
kept drawing it. Then RC moved unto to him and his reaction to it is confusing, why call the bluff? Why double down? Where's the town motivation?
Really confused where you see these things. Can you be more specific?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Oh look, another player who is dense and full of himself. Grand.

I don't plan on moving my vote any time soon unless the heyato wagon actually seems promising. This delayed deadline is the worst thing to happen to this game since sliced bread.

I skimmed over the condensed catch-up post, and got bored. Didn't really move the slot up or down in my mind. The longer the post, the less likely I am to care to read it. I think I've said that somewhere.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Kind of the attitude I expected. Not really surprised.
In post 193, ICEninja wrote:I'm quite glad I don't know Flameaxe in person. Is he this unpleasant every game? His posts are taking the fun out of this game by making things personal and insulting.
Do you think Hayato is scum then? Or do you just really hate day 1 of this game?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Remembrance »

MME hit me hard with a towny post which I explained and then you came in and voted him. Because of Pie's reaction I was going: Pie scum, RC town. So to have that + an fos confused the fuck out of me.

It still does.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Aegor »

@Mod: Please let us know the new deadline. Like the 7th or something, so Hayato has a little bit of time on the end. Please no more time than that.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 417, XScorpion wrote:Kind of the attitude I expected. Not really surprised.
In post 193, ICEninja wrote:I'm quite glad I don't know Flameaxe in person. Is he this unpleasant every game? His posts are taking the fun out of this game by making things personal and insulting.
Do you think Hayato is scum then? Or do you just really hate day 1 of this game?
I'm pretty sure your read of the thread answered this question, fuckwit.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 419, Aegor wrote:
@Mod: Please let us know the new deadline. Like the 7th or something, so Hayato has a little bit of time on the end. Please no more time than that.
Please. For the love of god, please.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 418, Remembrance wrote:MME hit me hard with a towny post which I explained and then you came in and voted him. Because of Pie's reaction I was going: Pie scum, RC town. So to have that + an fos confused the fuck out of me.

It still does.
I explained why I think neither ICE and pie are scummy. Both MME and RC went from slightly scummy to mostly null for me, so I fell in line with your judgment on those two anyway.

I simply found your explanation of MME's posts uncompelling for the reasons I expounded in my first major post. I still find your psychoanalysis uncompelling, but whatever.

Anyway, if you want a direct response to your question, I have neither a strong town nor strong scum read on you. Let me know if you want more details, but it is difficult to explain that which does not exist.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 421, Flameaxe wrote:
In post 419, Aegor wrote:
Please. For the love of god, please.
ikr?
M A S Q U E R A D E
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Remembrance »

hayato's play was unspecific, there was very little like reasons for his town leans and scum leans starting with that post. Some of the posts had a lot of opinion and very little substance for their size.

RC moves in and he interprets what he RC says as a bluff (It's a tool) denies RC, but then says he's bluffing and decides that he wants to make it an RC vs. HayatoBL lynch. Why did he think his position warranted it? How could be so sure with that RC was scum given his reasoning? And why did he make a very insincere speech about it? It felt like he was shoring up for the winter and needed to post something big before he left. I don't know if it's because he felt cornered and felt he needed to make a big play or what, but it's unexplained, unexpected, and antitown.

@Aegor, you said I was your strongest town read. What? Why doesn't your reasoning for that exist?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”