T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 197, Drake Crusader wrote:
In post 190, Dean Harper wrote:@Drake: Why do you find Quill as your #1 scum read?
He seems dodgy and doesn't really show any of his opinions it feels. The way he comes in and just votes shewrf for the reasoning of entertaining doesn't seem like a town feel. It's is like he is playing once again dodgy. I see that as a scum tell. I still see his interactions in the beginning of the game with TSO kinda scummy. So in all that makes him my number 1 for the moment.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Quill

I gather that we are just going have to live with him. Unless mod comes back and says we can vote on him getting mandatory replaced. ( I wouldn't mind)
Scum come first then the clueless townie. However, I still have an inkling that he is a clueless scum. However, my feelings for quill extent much further than a "I like pizza" post.
Why Quill over me?
In post 199, Dean Harper wrote:VOTE: shewrf
Vote: Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Hey T S O can you give us some substance to your posts?
Also way to keep dodging my question.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Post by Bert »

unvote

This game needs attention when I'm fully awake tomorrow
Quill
Quill
Goon
Quill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Quill »

[All bolds mine.]
In post 187, Drake Crusader wrote:
I do want to find scum. I feel quill would be my number 1 scum read. However, having shewrf even if he is a clueless townie he isn't really helping at all. To me
I would rather have him gone then pursue quill.
If shewrf is a scum then it is a win. If he is going to post once in awhile to avoid being replaced then how is he going to be a contribution to the town ?
Zekrom after his recent posts he seems more a bad townie to me now. I read into his posts now to someone who isn't quite sure to what to do at this moment in time.
In post 190, Dean Harper wrote:@Drake: Why do you find Quill as your #1 scum read?
He seems dodgy and doesn't really show any of his opinions it feels. The way he comes in and just votes shewrf for the reasoning of entertaining doesn't seem like a town feel. It's is like he is playing once again dodgy. I see that as a scum tell. I still see his interactions in the beginning of the game with TSO kinda scummy. So in all that makes him my number 1 for the moment.
UNVOTE:

I gather that we are just going have to live with him.
Unless mod comes back and says we can vote on him getting mandatory replaced. ( I wouldn't mind)
Scum come first then the clueless townie.
However, I still have an inkling that he is a clueless scum. However, my feelings for quill extent much further than a "I like pizza" post.
So, one day, your agenda is "lynch bad town first, then lynch scum," and 18 hours later, your agenda is "lynch scum, then lynch bad town." Explain your change of heart. And preferably, make a better case, although I know full well there isn't one.

But if you want some opinions, here's some hot off the presses:

My top guesses for town right now are Aisa, Kublai Kahn, and Dean Harper, maybe but not definitively in that order.
The odds of benefiting for shewrf's lynch regardless of alignment are very good, because we've either caught scum or removed a thorn in town's side without mislynching someone who looked scummy but was actually town trying hard.
Drake's ISO is thin enough that I can quickly note that he put a target on my back and TSO's from the first day he walked in here, but he's only aiming at one of them now, even as he uses our shared interaction as evidence why my actions and my actions alone are scummy.
Anyone trying to make the serious argument that I actually voted for sherwf only because he wasn't as amusing as Zekrom is either deeply lacking in comic awareness or acting like scum.

Now, if that's over, let's go back to lynching the lurker whose only goal seems to be "annoying" us, as TSO pointed out without seeing how that could be an obstacle to good townplay.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Malakittens »

Friendly announcement that Penguin_alien is now your official back up mod. She will take over when I disappear at any time. (Hint: Reckoning).

The OP has been edited to reflect that.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 196, Aisa wrote:
@Mod: Can we get a force-replacement for shewrf if enough people agree?
...Should I take that last post as a no? :(
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:15 am

Post by T S O »

In post 186, Dean Harper wrote:Also @T S O: Why did you dislike Quill and Zekrom's posts but not Drake's?
Why should I dislike Drake's posts?
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 160, Drake Crusader wrote:VOTE: Shewrf

He won't be replaced. Him or Zekrom seem to be a viable lynch.
Because of that ^ Prior to , Drake hadn't really explained why he voted shewrf. It seemed like he was just hopping on the bandwagon and you didn't question it, but you questioned Quill and Zekrom.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:26 am

Post by T S O »

This is pretty bad, in retrospect.
In post 168, Quill wrote:
Unvote: TSO
Vote: Shewrf

Because at least Zekrom's posts have been entertaining, and he might get it together overNight.
This is also quite bad.
In post 169, Zekrom25 wrote:as i said in post # 155

at this point i don't know if it would make much difference, because ----> COUNTDOWN ( Day 1 ends in 4 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes )

someone that doesn't even have over 5 posts is that a reason to suspect shewrf
possibly

would it be wise to vote against shewrf
probably not

end result - i was trying to challenge shewrf to see what the best decision is
I ...don't know what this is.

To answer your question, I must have missed it. I went back and quoted, thinking an answer would reveal itself, but I can't defend Drake's vote in good conscience.

Unvote
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 207, Dean Harper wrote:

Because of that ^ Prior to , Drake hadn't really explained why he voted shewrf. It seemed like he was just hopping on the bandwagon and you didn't question it, but you questioned Quill and Zekrom.
So now my question is, why jump on board with KK by voting me?

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Dean Harper »

EBWOP:

Oops, meant to quote T S O's

Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Drake Crusader »

In post 203, Quill wrote:[All bolds mine.]
In post 187, Drake Crusader wrote:
I do want to find scum. I feel quill would be my number 1 scum read. However, having shewrf even if he is a clueless townie he isn't really helping at all. To me
I would rather have him gone then pursue quill.
If shewrf is a scum then it is a win. If he is going to post once in awhile to avoid being replaced then how is he going to be a contribution to the town ?
Zekrom after his recent posts he seems more a bad townie to me now. I read into his posts now to someone who isn't quite sure to what to do at this moment in time.
UNVOTE:

I gather that we are just going have to live with him.
Unless mod comes back and says we can vote on him getting mandatory replaced. ( I wouldn't mind)
Scum come first then the clueless townie.
However, I still have an inkling that he is a clueless scum. However, my feelings for quill extent much further than a "I like pizza" post.
So, one day, your agenda is "lynch bad town first, then lynch scum," and 18 hours later, your agenda is "lynch scum, then lynch bad town." Explain your change of heart. And preferably, make a better case, although I know full well there isn't one.

But if you want some opinions, here's some hot off the presses:

My top guesses for town right now are Aisa, Kublai Kahn, and Dean Harper, maybe but not definitively in that order.
The odds of benefiting for shewrf's lynch regardless of alignment are very good, because we've either caught scum or removed a thorn in town's side without mislynching someone who looked scummy but was actually town trying hard.
Drake's ISO is thin enough that I can quickly note that he put a target on my back and TSO's from the first day he walked in here, but he's only aiming at one of them now, even as he uses our shared interaction as evidence why my actions and my actions alone are scummy.
Anyone trying to make the serious argument that I actually voted for sherwf only because he wasn't as amusing as Zekrom is either deeply lacking in comic awareness or acting like scum.

Now, if that's over, let's go back to lynching the lurker whose only goal seems to be "annoying" us, as TSO pointed out without seeing how that could be an obstacle to good townplay.
It would be to lynch him. However, you are taking that part far.
I want to lynch him. honestly, give me one positive thing shewrf has produced other than conversation and debate on this thread. However, he is a useless player and I feel that if we lynch him then the mafia get the nightkill. The chances of him flipping scum are low. I really only want him gone so then we can not have to worry about him hammering someone or just throwing out useless posts. So the odds are if we try to lynch scum today then shewrf will just get killed off later or we lynch him some other day or he gets replaced out or something in that nature. Right now he doesn't seem like a threat just throwing his vote around and being a random clueless player.
I have told you why, I don't know how retyping my case will make a difference on convincing you?
So you feel it is better to lynch shewrf on the basis of " for the good of all mankind" than to hunt for scum ?

I shall look over the other players and get a read list made up to reflect the players up to this post.
Expect it sometime tomorrow at this time or friday morning. As I have back to back meetings tomorrow and then I take a night class at a local college.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Yeah I kinda don't really like force replacing, but I will if I need too.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Malakittens »

With Nine alive it takes 5 votes to lynch

Voting:

*Quill - Drake Crusader [1]
*Drake Crusader - Shewrf [1]
*Aisa -
*Shewrf - Quill, Dean Harper [2]
*Zekrom25 - Aisa [1]
*Kublai Khan -
*Bert -
*Dean Harper - Kublai Khan [1]
*T S O -

Not Voting:
Zekrom25, Bert, T S O [3]

CountdownsDay 1 ends in (expired on 2014-01-17 20:00:00)

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 211, Drake Crusader wrote: I shall look over the other players and get a read list made up to reflect the players up to this post.
Expect it sometime tomorrow at this time or friday morning. As I have back to back meetings tomorrow and then I take a night class at a local college.
Unfortunately we don't have that long to wait for an analysis. We have 1day and 20 hours until the deadline.

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by Bert »

I need to recalculate. I was hoping someone would take the bait via my accusations, but here I am with no one legit scumreading me and wanting me lynched. I'm stumped.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 215, Bert wrote:I need to recalculate. I was hoping someone would take the bait via my accusations, but here I am with no one legit scumreading me and wanting me lynched. I'm stumped.
What accusations?

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 198, Dean Harper wrote:
In post 195, Kublai Khan wrote:Actually, need to clarify something first....

@Dean Harper - What is your opinion of Bert? Why unvote Bert after shewrf votes for him? What is your take on the Bert/shewrf relationship?
First, before I answer, I still do not see my unvote of Aisa as appeasement. I was satisfied with her answers to my questions. I told you the truth behind my reasoning.

My opinion of Bert is that he isn't contributing enough to the game per post. Looking at many other of his posts in other threads, a majority of them lack a large amount of content or discussion. However, they're often discussion starting points. They've been about half and half discussion points and fluff in this game.
The biggest alarm is that Bert's posts have also been half defense of shewrf. I've been checking how often he does that, and it's almost every time someone discusses shewrf's behavior. They're fairly buddied (almost solely by Bert's actions).

But, I would rather lynch shewrf. Because if he does come up scum, then we have ample reason to lynch Bert afterward: He has constantly defended shewrf's actions and not really shown much willingness to vote him, while not providing an even close to acceptable amount of discussion to the thread (after promising to do so).

So I took my vote off of Bert and didn't put it on shewrf immediately to see how Bert would react. But he hasn't reacted so far, and I need to explain myself now.
Before anyone points it out, I exaggerated greatly in my wording about the amount of posts Bert made regarding defense of shewrf during the bolded part of this post. However, my intention was still the same: he made several attempts at defending shewrf during a discussion with me, then dropped it and threw out random accusations at me and TSO. He has had erratic behavior and minimal content in his posts so far. I do not trust him and think he is very likely scum for the following reasons:

1. Lack of content when promising to post more content.
2. Defense of shewrf for no reason.
3. Flip flop in his opinion of how much he was contributing to the game.
4. Saying he needed to give the game more attention and then in his next post not providing really ANYthing of value.

However, again, I am more ready to lynch shewrf for THESE reasons:

1. Buddied with Bert (Bert's defense of him)
2. Non-existent and not helping town in ANY way (at least Bert has SOME posts that give us information)
3. Will likely not be replaced or lynched by Malakittens
4. To me seems like a win for town whether he flips scum or not:
- Although I said previously that a town flip is still a townie lost, no matter what shewrf flips, it will give us loads of information regarding the people who defended or aimed for his lynch (myself included)
5. If he flips scum, there is more of a reason to suspect Bert

That is where my head is at.

As for every other player:

Aisa: town because she has been helping ask questions and has given me no reason to doubt her as that alignment.
Kublai: Null. I cannot say whether his motivations for throwing his vote at me are scum-motivated or just simply he doesn't like my play. We'll see if/when he posts about me. I do think his few posts have been analytical, but I'm not certain I can say they're helping the town. We'll see after a lynch happens.
Drake Crusader: Town-ish. Very disorganized thought processes but I think they come from a town mindset.
Quill: Town. Seems to be legitimately (if infrequently) scum hunting.
T S O: Scummy. I'm not convinced that he's playing for the town. I think he has had some good posts but recent activity is making me look back to see whether he legitimately is missing things or whether he's being careless scum. Keeping an eye on it.
Zekrom: Noob town. I think he's just trying to play the game as best he can and TRYING to make good posts, but not always living up to it.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

phone posting

vote: shewrf

Deadline approaching. three votes, mod willing to force replace. shewrf, this is your absolute last chance to actually play this game. Remember, it's against the rules not to play to your win condition and you currently don't seem to be playing to any wincondition at all.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Aisa »

Zekrom is due for a prod.

Mod, if a collective vote is what we need to convince you, I'll start it.
Yes
, I believe we should force-replace shewrf.

Kublai:
So, have you decided to give up on or to postpone your case on Dean?
Dean:
Bert's erratic behavior seems to me more his posting style than an indication of his alignment, although I'm far from knowing for sure.
Bert:
Explain and clarify post #96, since your first game is not similar to shewrf's.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Zekrom25 »

my list of participants

Quill - null Drake Crusader - ???
Aisa - null
Shewrf - Scum
Kublai Khan - town
Bert - ?
Dean Harper - null
T S O - town
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Aisa »

Hey Zekrom. Pick two players in this game and explain your read on them.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 219, Aisa wrote:
Zekrom is due for a prod.
why did you ask for that ?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Bert »

Asking for a prod means Aisa is staying engaged with the game as a newbie. I see that as pretty town.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:16 am

Post by T S O »

In post 209, Dean Harper wrote:
In post 207, Dean Harper wrote:

So now my question is, why jump on board with KK by voting me?
I quoted a post when I voted you.

You're playing dumb and extending this conversation. Get to your point.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”