Mini 1536 - Silph Co. Reverse Mafia (Game Over)

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 257, cxinlee wrote:(
It really wouldn’t make sense for me to hide my reads if I was scum
, especially when in the last game I was tunnelled by Kytoxid for not getting scumreads).
yes it would.
I'm keeping my vote on you until you play at the level I have seen you are capable of in ALL THREE games that I linked.

I am not writing off Zekrom's #259 as him being new. Zekrom needs to explain - in detail - why he believes scum would purposely not bold the statement.

Pasch is obv-town, Aj the epic would be rather surprising if scum, Whiskers is very town, Tiershift is very town, Dry-Fit is towny,
I need a bit more from Kenobi to solidify a read but I think he is new town.

6 town reads so. From the rest,

My preferred lynches atm are CX or RBD.
Zekrom is turning into an okay lynch.
Psyche, well he's been busy, I'll wait a bit.
Empking and Bulb, I'll should prob go over there double tunnel again (bleh :( ) but I feel liek they are both okay. Neither's argument is very compelling and there is too much tunneling going on but they seem to genuinely believe in it which is the important thing.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:56 pm

Post by Empking »

Unvote
Vote: Tier
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 am

Post by TierShift »

Dry-fit's read on me is fair, I've been hopping quite a lot. I can say that I do that often as town but well I hate self-meta.

I still don't get why pasch is voting me. Is ot for first defending the newbies then backing off?

And emp, are you still scumreading me because 'I lie constantly'?
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Okay, I'm back. There's been a fairly substantial amount of stuff going on while I've been away. So. Going off what I've just read:

@Zekrom: Forgetting to bold something makes me scummy? O.o I... wut. My vote is staying on you for the time being, because that is either the stupidest or the scummiest thing I've ever seen. Sorry.

@Pasch: I shall try my hardest to provide those big things :P

@Aj: Captain Morgan is acceptable. Carry on. Did you end up seeing Nessie?

The reads I'm getting at the moment.

Town
-Pasch
-Dry-Fit
-Aj

Leaning Town
-Whiskers

Null
-RBD
-Maxous

Leaning Scum
-cxin
-Bulba

Scum
-TierShift
-Zekrom
-Emp (this one's gonna cop me flak if emp stays true to form)
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Paschendale »

A list isn't enough, Kenobi. Why do you lean that way on those people?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Maxous »

yep, kenobi is likely town :)
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 103, TierShift wrote:Ok wtf is even going on

Explain your paschendale votes, ken and zek, and don't use 'pasch is the most aggressive player so far', because that is not a scumtell.
TS is still likely town because of this. If he is scum it means Pasch, Ken and Zek are all almost for sure town. This move of attacking the wagon he is on just doesn't feel like something scum would do when you couple it with his "wait why am I voting Pasch" type post later that page. It lacks the self-awareness of his own vote that scum normally would have.

@Pasch - I would vote cx, Ken, Whiskers, Bulb or Emp
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Okay. First off, a lot of this is conjecture, but this is how I'm reading things at the moment.

Bulba and Emp are at each others' throats, but Bulba at least is giving reasons; Emp is simply repeating the fact that Bulba is 'wrong' without providing evidence as to why, and avoiding giving an example of where he's wrong. That seems pretty scum to me.

My reasoning for Zekrom is above, and previously.

Tiershift is incredibly defensive of Zekrom, particularly. I feel like the two may be in cahoots, which is why he rounds out my top 3. That being said, RBD's #281 has got me thinking.

Cxin's #257 is... odd, to say the least, and I agree with Aj's #258, he's contradicting himself every few posts. Smells a little bit scummy, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Bulba is as I stated above. I feel like he, along with Cxin, are scummy, but not that scummy. I'm going to be watching them closely though.

Maxous isn't really even registering for me. I have to keep going and looking at his posts in iso just to remember he's actually here. I dunno why that is, but I'm getting a null read on him. Call it gut. *shrugs*

RBD seems null-town. Don't know why I had him in null, I was copying from a text document I'd been making notes in. His #281 feels very town, too.

Whiskers also seems null-town; would be almost entirely town if it weren't for a couple of outbursts like #212. Still more town than not.

Aj and Pasch, you both make excellent arguments and have good reasoning behind them. You're either town or incredibly cunning scum, and I don't think you're the latter.

And finally, dry-fit just feels town to me. Again, gut feeling.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 278, Kenobi wrote:@Zekrom: Forgetting to bold something makes me scummy? O.o I... wut. My vote is staying on you for the time being, because that is either the stupidest or the scummiest thing I've ever seen. Sorry.
well i was letting it slide since you could be town, however your response seems scummy
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Kenobi wrote:but I'm getting a null read on him. Call it gut.
I don't have a clue what a gut null read is supposed to mean.
TierShift wrote:Dry-fit's read on me is fair, I've been hopping quite a lot.
What's fair about it? Do you think vote hopping is a scumtell in general?

Zekrom if you think Kenobi is scummy why don't you vote him?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 276, Empking wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Tier
Like, not to kill off your tireless efforts, but: Why? His most recent post before this didn't seem to merit anything, so you're going to have to explain. I'm not enjoying the vibes I'm getting from you right now. Stop being the Macbeth to my Duncan.
cxinlee wrote:Been busy lately, will try to catch up.
Aj the epic:

I’ll address all 3 of your points one by one.

The first two quotes...I don’t quite get your point. They seem to be exactly proving my point.

The first quote showed that it was a pressure vote, the second showed it was still a pressure vote. Which shows that it was always a pressure vote.

The second point:

Let’s put it this way:
Assume Action A is performed
Assume Action B is performed just after Action A
Assume Action A would affect Action B if cxinlee is scum (According to you)
Assume Action A would not affect Action B if cxinlee is town

If you do want to draw connections with my posts, you either need
a) The assumption that I am scum.
b) Evidence that Action A did affect Action B.

Last point:
I don’t see the contradiction in the last two quotes; can you elaborate on why they are contradictory?
The first three quotes (me quoting you saying it WASN'T pressure, me quoting you voting Ken and asking him to step it up, me quoting you unvoting, saying your vote did it's job) all show that you voted Kenobi to pressure him. This is you voting for Kenobi with no reason outside of trying to get him to be active. It is not a legitimate vote in my eyes, it is a cop out devoid of needing reason.

You have a long way to go before you start throwing anything resembling Boolean around. I'm assuming you are scum not by some 'action' (in context, actions generally refer to night roles) but rather post. Ergo, you're making no sense to me on this table.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 284, Dry-fit wrote:Zekrom if you think Kenobi is scummy why don't you vote him?
Kenobi may be town
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

cxinlee please could you explain your actions ?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Empking »

AJ: Tier has votes. Bulb does not. My reason for finding him scummy is the same as I gave before: His early posts are chock-full of Bulb mentions, but no sentence read of Bulb. That's scum play.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 43, TierShift wrote:I would have to say that this seems like regular incomprehensible bulba.

To maxous and bulba, I don't think the question was stupid or weak, I was about to ask it myself but then two others had asked it. I don't think it's weird that we have an IC, so why is it a dumb question?
In post 67, TierShift wrote:These arguments now (bulba vs empking, maxous vs psyche) are going absolutely nowhere.

In the meantime I'm gonna sheep dryfit because he's right that pasch has been scummiest so far and he needs more votes.

VOTE: paschendale
In post 69, TierShift wrote:Unlike you, I do agree with bulba that there is possibly/probably (what's the word I'm looking for here?) is a scum on the wagon. Like, it's not a very strong clue, but it's something at a point in time where we have nothing else.
In post 98, TierShift wrote:If you think that I'm scum, vote me, not bulba.
In post 142, TierShift wrote:Reads:
Town -max, pasch, bulb
Null/town-emp, rbd
Null-IH, dryfit (where you 2 at?), psyche
Null/scum-zekrom, kenobi, whiskers, cxinlee
Scum- anyone is free to apply here
????
Sure, you could argue he could of been more clear with his stance of Bulb with the first post, apart from that, he was'nt talking about him.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 286, Zekrom25 wrote:Kenobi may be town
and paschendale??
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 290, Maxous wrote: and paschendale??
too soon to tell however i think is town
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 289, Maxous wrote:
In post 43, TierShift wrote:I would have to say that this seems like regular incomprehensible bulba.

To maxous and bulba, I don't think the question was stupid or weak, I was about to ask it myself but then two others had asked it. I don't think it's weird that we have an IC, so why is it a dumb question?
In post 67, TierShift wrote:These arguments now (bulba vs empking, maxous vs psyche) are going absolutely nowhere.

In the meantime I'm gonna sheep dryfit because he's right that pasch has been scummiest so far and he needs more votes.

VOTE: paschendale
In post 69, TierShift wrote:Unlike you, I do agree with bulba that there is possibly/probably (what's the word I'm looking for here?) is a scum on the wagon. Like, it's not a very strong clue, but it's something at a point in time where we have nothing else.
In post 98, TierShift wrote:If you think that I'm scum, vote me, not bulba.
In post 142, TierShift wrote:Reads:
Town -max, pasch, bulb
Null/town-emp, rbd
Null-IH, dryfit (where you 2 at?), psyche
Null/scum-zekrom, kenobi, whiskers, cxinlee
Scum- anyone is free to apply here
????
Sure, you could argue he could of been more clear with his stance of Bulb with the first post, apart from that, he was'nt talking about him.
Yes. That's my point. He's artificially propping up the number of times he's mentioning his buddy while not actually talking about him.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 284, Dry-fit wrote:
TierShift wrote:Dry-fit's read on me is fair, I've been hopping quite a lot.
What's fair about it? Do you think vote hopping is a scumtell in general?
It's fair, not because I agree, but your analysis of my play is fine and if you want to call 'defending the newbies, then dropping that and calling them scummy but not doing anything with that suspicion' "off", then I won't stop you. I don't agree, but it's a fair read.
Unlike emp's, ken's and pasch's read on me. (Really, I'm defending someone who hasn't even flipped?)

I don't think vote hopping really is a scumtell, more of a towntell. I have no idea why I put that in my post earlier in hindsight.

Also, lol@ emp's last post.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Post by Psyche »

i have a lot of undeveloped opinions and my exams are all over and so now i have no excuses and you guys should hold me to that.
but im loathe to post now since im really tired
it became 4 am so fast...
You can't step in the same river twice.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 283, Zekrom25 wrote:
In post 278, Kenobi wrote:@Zekrom: Forgetting to bold something makes me scummy? O.o I... wut. My vote is staying on you for the time being, because that is either the stupidest or the scummiest thing I've ever seen. Sorry.
well i was letting it slide since you could be town, however your response seems scummy
In post 286, Zekrom25 wrote:
In post 284, Dry-fit wrote:Zekrom if you think Kenobi is scummy why don't you vote him?
Unvote
Vote: Zekrom

Kenobi may be town
In post 291, Zekrom25 wrote:
In post 290, Maxous wrote: and paschendale??
too soon to tell however i think is town
Oh my god.

Yes, clearly, any of them "could be town" and it's "too soon to tell" about
any of them
. Vote something, if you aren't doing so already.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by cxinlee »

Aj the epic : I’m confused.

Which post said it wasn’t for pressure?

Mmhm, I’ll self-meta here and say that I have done similar things before and get people to contribute (Not just be active). Hint: I already posted the link.

You think that my post was only to get him active, yet you disagree that my post is for pressure (Activity votes are considered to be pressure votes)?

Voting, making a post, accusing someone are all actions. Do you disagree with this?

I still don't see the contradictions.

Zekrom: Which actions are you referring to specifically?

Maxous: It doesn’t make sense to me, even if it does to you. Can you explain how?
I'm keeping my vote on you until you play at the level I have seen you are capable of in ALL THREE games that I linked.
I already am trying very hard to scumhunt (Of course with a lot of cautiousness exerted), are you implying that I am not putting enough effort into the game?

How do you define capable?

I reread, and I guess it did help a lot with my reads.
Thoughts:

I don’t really get the Zekrom is newbtown thing, since it is possible that Zek is purposely playing dumb to get townread (I did this before on EM). And Zek’s posts seem too newbish to be true, like #259. It just strikes me as odd (I have never seen someone play so newbish like this before), and looks so damn dumb (Not the first to say this) that I don’t believe it to be true. Thus, I’m leaning slightly scum for the time being.

Also I’m leaning town on Kenobi, Dry-fit, and Maxous.
Tiershift and Pasch are null town
(Which leaves Whiskers, AJ the Epic, Psyche, RBD, Empking and Bulbazak at dead null)

VOTE: Zekrom
Answer Maxous' q, and explain your logic behind #259.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 259, Zekrom25 wrote:
In post 224, Kenobi wrote:I'm going to be V/LA for the next 3 or 4 days.
i find this post from Kenobi suspicious since the rules clearly say to use bold text to inform the GM about the V/LA otherwise i wouldn't have pointed this out
see my next post
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 283, Zekrom25 wrote:
here
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by cxinlee »

What was your thought process when you made #259?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”