Mini 1536 - Silph Co. Reverse Mafia (Game Over)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 446, Paschendale wrote:Empking, why don't you stop waffling and give us some solid reads? With justification.
If people can't be bothered to read my posts, I can't be bothered to make posts for other people to read. My posts are to ascertain alignments, but since nobody, in the entire game, has read enough of my posts to know why, for example, I find Bulb scummy; then I don't see how it'd be useful justifying any other read.

Town:
Psyche - Only player reading my posts
Dry - Good read
Pasche - Good read

Null:
Everyone else not below or above.

Scum:
Bulb - of matters of fact he's wrong, the vast vast majority of time.
Tier - His first couple of pages are clearly trying to avoid the 'he didn't talk about Bulb/he defended Bulb/he bussed Bulb' trap once one of them flip.
Kenobi - His posts this page were clearly looking for reasons to vote me rather than finding me scummy. Seriously, half his reasoning were just inane lies. The other half was for voting Tier without giving a reason, but Tier voting me with no reason was apparently incredibly unremarkable.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Vote Count

Paschendale:
Bulbazak
TierShift:
Empking, Paschendale
Empking:
Kenobi, Tiershift, Aj The Epic (L-3)
Not Voting:
cxinlee, Dry-fit, Maxous, Psyche, Whiskers

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Don't @ me.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:00 am

Post by Kenobi »

In post 450, Empking wrote:
If people can't be bothered to read my posts, I can't be bothered to make posts for other people to read.
My posts are to ascertain alignments, but since nobody, in the entire game, has read enough of my posts to know why, for example, I find Bulb scummy; then I don't see how it'd be useful justifying any other read.
This is incredibly petulant, and still going off of the defensive vibes you've had for a while now. The bolded bit especially makes me cringe. People have been reading your posts, or else we wouldn't bother replying to you. Also, peoples' reads change over time. Why haven't yours? Plenty of new information has come up in the past few pages, and this is a new day, with reassessment of reads kinda required with Zekrom and RBDs flips being what they are.
In post 450, Empking wrote: Kenobi - His posts this page were clearly looking for reasons to vote me rather than finding me scummy. Seriously, half his reasoning were just inane lies. The other half was for voting Tier without giving a reason, but Tier voting me with no reason was apparently incredibly unremarkable.
Wait, you mean I'm scumhunting rather than scumcalling? Gee, I'd've thought that was kinda the purpose of this. And the lies thing again? At least it's a new person that you're calling a liar this time. You're continuing to play reactively, and rather than bringing anything new to the table, you're going over the same old things again and again. This just reeks to me.

As for Tier, I'm going over his ISO at the moment, and while he's certainly not the cleanest of towns, he's certainly not particularly scummy to me.
p-edit:
In post 206, TierShift wrote:Cx, you didn't address RBD's request asking to elaborate on 196. Could you do so?

Aj seems town.

After seeing 203 I decided to reread on empking and he's been hugely slipping under the radar. 9 of his 12 posts are about addressing a case bulba made on him. He doesn't actually address anything at all, he just keeps saying bulba is wrong and the case is addressed. On top of that, he votes bulba for forcing, which he further doesn't explain. No scumhunting, nothing.

Survival tactics+not hunting. Scum.

Two scumreads atm, cx and emp.
There's at least a little bit of reasoning behind his jumping on the Emp wagon. So much for the "no reason".

Now, onto the whole Tier thing.
In post 425, TierShift wrote:That's an insanely good list, bulba. Only position I don't understand is pasch, why do you think he's scum?

Do you finally have a reason to vote me emp or am I still lying about everything or whatever?
@Tier, his list was good but he didn't really provide reasoning behind his reads, which is something that I was pulled up for on D1 (somewhere around page 15 I think).

In related news, Tier actually has been participating in multiple discussions, rather than constantly in this little reactive vendetta Emp's got going on. For example:
In post 425, TierShift wrote:That's an insanely good list, bulba. Only position I don't understand is pasch, why do you think he's scum?

Do you finally have a reason to vote me emp or am I still lying about everything or whatever?

And for you, Emp, an example of Tier not being entirely focused on you, as you seem to think he is.
In post 371, TierShift wrote:Everyone was calling out cx to be town and unvoting so I thought thw lynch wasn't happening. Still very interested if the concensus on that
willingness
to selfhammer changes.

I'd rather not PL either if we can lynch emp or cx but everything is better than NL.
TL;DR:
@Tier: Can you reiterate and add to your reasons behind your Emp/Cx reads?
@Emp: Pick up your game; petulance and defensiveness aren't going to get you anywhere except maybe lynched.
@Everyone else: thoughts?
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:24 am

Post by Kenobi »

Also, @Bulba: Could you give a little bit of reasoning behind your readlists?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:28 am

Post by Empking »

How does Zekrom and RBD flipping what one would expect them to flip mean we'd have to reassess the game?
Also, why did you avoid replying to 444?
Also, where have I ever claimed that Tier was 'being entirely focused on [me]'?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:47 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 445, cxinlee wrote: Tiershift:
I don't like cxin's last post. His explanation of feeling suicidal and losing all hope doesn't quite sit right with me,
Can you elaborate on why it didn’t “sit right with me”?

Do you think I had lost all hope when I made that post?

Do you think me “losing all hope” could have driven me to self-hammer?

Whiskers:
So, you have a policy of lynching the useless and anti-town players, regardless of alignment?

My townpool at this point is Empking, Bulbazak (Yes, I think it’s a town fight), Psyche, Maxous, Dry-fit and Kenobi.
What I thought of your post, was that it didn't show alignment. It might have been you losing all hope, but it might just as much have been you faking just that and using it as AtE against a you lynch.

@kenobi:
my read on cx has been slightly wavering lately. The original reasons for voting him were lack of scumhunting and very opportunistic play coupled with defensiveness. His last posts show a slight town mindset tho, I think.

My read on emp has only been strengthened by recent happenings. It started as his lack of doing anything but calling his attacker, bulb, scummy for being 'wrong about everything', which makes no sense.
Now, I attacked him and ended up in his scumreads for an evenly bad reason, 'constantly being dishonest'.
Now you attack him, ken and guess what happens? You end up in his scumpile, for 'inane lies'.

And this:
Empking wrote:
In post 446, Paschendale wrote:Empking, why don't you stop waffling and give us some solid reads? With justification.
If people can't be bothered to read my posts, I can't be bothered to make posts for other people to read. My posts are to ascertain alignments, but since nobody, in the entire game, has read enough of my posts to know why, for example, I find Bulb scummy; then I don't see how it'd be useful justifying any other read.

Town:
Psyche - Only player reading my posts
Dry - Good read
Pasche - Good read

Null:
Everyone else not below or above.

Scum:
Bulb - of matters of fact he's wrong, the vast vast majority of time.
Tier - His first couple of pages are clearly trying to avoid the 'he didn't talk about Bulb/he defended Bulb/he bussed Bulb' trap once one of them flip.
Kenobi - His posts this page were clearly looking for reasons to vote me rather than finding me scummy. Seriously, half his reasoning were just inane lies. The other half was for voting Tier without giving a reason, but Tier voting me with no reason was apparently incredibly unremarkable.
He's obviously using the fact that he's better and above us and we all don't understand him as a point in his defense, when it really isn't.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:07 am

Post by Paschendale »

See? That wasn't so hard, was it?

That's way too many null reads, Emp. But it's not surprising. You didn't contribute anything to day 1's discussions. Of those three scumreads, two are entirely about you and Bulb, and the Kenobi one is just trash. And the townreads are just the easy ones. No thoughts on Cx or Max? Those are the controversial ones, and you skip them entirely. That list is someone trying and failing to make up strategic reads, not genuine reads.

VOTE: Empking

Bulb is still his partner, though. His read list is no better. The only people he calls scum are obvtown me, his target for day 1, and a null/scum read on contentious Cx. There's nothing original or useful there. And contrary to how much he falsely insists the opposite, Bulb never went out on a limb on anyone else. He'll poke a few people with a stick, but always went right back to Emp. And the most recent "lining up lynches" line. I've only ever seen town accused of that, because only town is actually trying to find links between people.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 445, cxinlee wrote:Can anyone explain why AJ is town (Yes, I’m extremely biased)?
A good replace in post and playing aggressively. Also fought town apathy hard in a way that was effective and I don't think scum would want to do.

Not liking this Empking wagon.

Vote: Tiershift.

I'll have more tomorrow when I get in a full reread.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by Paschendale »

I'd far prefer to lynch Tiershift than Emp, but I was trying to do some PoE, and Bulb and Emp as scum partners trying to obfuscate started looking better and better. Unless they're both town and stupid. Which is equally viable.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 428, Paschendale wrote:Whiskers, you're basically just asking over and over about a judgement call. Several times, I've lost games by not lynching scum because they looked like they were just noobs. People play that way on purpose to deflect criticism. So many people have alts and hydras that their join date being recent is no indication whatsoever of their ability. I didn't think that Zek was incompetent. His actions looked deliberate to me. And they were deliberately anti-town. A tantrum and a self-hammer is anti-town. He just wasn't playing to his win con.
No, I'm not.
See, and I'll fight you over this! You're not saying he's scum, you said,
he claimed scum
. That's a scummy way of pushing for your lynch.

Furthermore, I agree, to some extent, with this:
In post 429, TierShift wrote:
In post 428, Paschendale wrote:Can someone who isn't Bulba and didn't spend all of day 1 arguing with Empking over what amounted to nothing weigh in on Emp and someone who isn't Emp weigh in on Bulba? I feel like both of them spent the whole of day 1 arguing and voting each other without giving any reasons why the rest of us would agree, which is a great distancing tactic. I think that if one of them is scum, they probably both are.
This is awful. Really awful. This sets up both bulba and emp lynches. If one flips town, the other one is scum. If one flips scum, the other one is scum.
While complaining that all the attention was on Emp and Bulba here, you bring all of the attention back to Emp and Bulba-- two players nobody else gives a whit about, two players nobody else would spend any time on, if you hadn't reminded us that "wah, wah, they did nothing Day 1!" We
know
. It doesn't
matter
. Why are you pointing it out?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 445, cxinlee wrote:Whiskers:
So, you have a policy of lynching the useless and anti-town players, regardless of alignment?
Yes, pretty much. It's especially a good time to do it Day 1.
In post 448, Paschendale wrote:AJ, there are literally 3 sentences in that post of why you think Emp is scum, and most of them revolve around Emp thinking that Tiershift is scum. Tiershift is my top scumread. So... got any better reasons?

My problem with Emp is that I think he and Bulba are scum for exactly the same reasons, but as I said above, I think they are the same alignment. If I'm wrong about Tiershift, then I will definitely want to string one or both of them up. But Emp and Bulba have, while doing the same thing (fighting with each other over nothing and ignore everything else going on yesterday), done it differently. I think Bulba spouted out more bullshit, and would want to lynch there first. I think that's a good way to set up a bus. But I'm certainly less sure of this than of Tiershift being scum.

So, I'm willing, but not eager, to support the wagon, but I don't want it to go down while people are saying that Empking is scummier than Bulba, because I find them equally scummy, and I think they're the same alignment.
In post 449, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 448, Paschendale wrote: My problem with Emp is that I think he and Bulba are scum for exactly the same reasons, but as I said above, I think they are the same alignment. If I'm wrong about Tiershift, then I will definitely want to string one or both of them up. But Emp and Bulba have, while doing the same thing (fighting with each other over nothing and ignore everything else going on yesterday), done it differently. I think Bulba spouted out more bullshit, and would want to lynch there first. I think that's a good way to set up a bus. But I'm certainly less sure of this than of Tiershift being scum.

So, I'm willing, but not eager, to support the wagon, but I don't want it to go down while people are saying that Empking is scummier than Bulba, because I find them equally scummy, and I think they're the same alignment.
You say Emp and I are scummy for the same reasons, what are those? You accuse me of spouting more BS (which is funny given Emp's whole argument is false and based on semantics), even though you never made much of an effort to understand my argument, even though I explained it multiple times. Furthermore, it's interesting what you are ignoring that Emp has done nothing outside of his OMGUS of Tier and myself, where I have tried to scumhunt elsewhere and actually participated in other discussions d1. So tell me, from which orifice are you pulling this newest interpretation of the Emp/Bulb/Tier argument? Because it seems to me that you're lining up future lynches for when Tier flips town.
vote: Paschendale
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Emp's readlist is crap. His town list actually conforms to public opinion, and his scum list is essentially those who have voted him, with the exception of AJ. Emp, what is your read on AJ?
In post 453, Kenobi wrote:Also, @Bulba: Could you give a little bit of reasoning behind your readlists?
Whiskers is town, because I see strong town motivation behind his posts, and he's legitimately scumhunting. Same for AJ. Tier is town, because I've played several times with town Tier, and this matches his town game. Psyche is town, because I liked his response to my questions d1. His attitude comes from a very town place. Scum would be worried about appearance, whereas Psyche is not. Dry-Fit and Maxous are gut townreads, but I can't tell you how I'm getting that, so they're in the null/town pile while I try to figure them out more. Kenobi is null, because I don't know what to make of him. Cxinlee is a scumread for the same reasons as yesterday. Although, I'm starting to wonder about that read after some recent games, and I doubt it's that easy that I nailed all 3 scum right off the bat. It may end up being a read I need to reconsider, so I placed him as more null. Emp and Pasch are scum for the reasons I've already stated. Emp because he's overdefensive, and Pasch because he's not trying to scumhunt as much as he's trying to strongarm the town into following him.
In post 456, Paschendale wrote: Bulb is still his partner, though. His read list is no better.
Why not? Why didn't you ask for some clarification on my reads, like Ken did?
In post 456, Paschendale wrote: The only people he calls scum are obvtown me, his target for day 1, and a null/scum read on contentious Cx.
I was calling you scum yesterday as well, and it shouldn't be a surprise who my scumreads are, as a readthrough of my ISO would show you that I was suspicious of all of them yesterday as well. I also like how you call yourself obv. town, taking any judgement away from the town itself.
In post 456, Paschendale wrote: There's nothing original or useful there.
Nice way to discredit everything I've said without having to address them. It's pretty much what you've been doing all game.
In post 456, Paschendale wrote: And contrary to how much he falsely insists the opposite, Bulb never went out on a limb on anyone else. He'll poke a few people with a stick, but always went right back to Emp.
In post 349, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 347, Kenobi wrote:Actually, how many scum ARE there?
Given that it's a 13 player game, probably 3.

Unvote

Vote Zekrom25
In post 369, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 352, TierShift wrote:I'm not convinced 326 is necessarily from town. Why again can't new scum post that? He didn't even claim....

Anyway, since a cxin lynch won't be happening
UNVOTE:
VOTE: emp
Where's this guy at anyway?

I'd be down for a zekrom PL too, if necessary.
Quit playing with my heart.
In post 360, cxinlee wrote: Whiskers’ #273 is basically “I don’t know if he’s scum but let’s lynch him anyway”. Please explain this.
Except that's really not what she said, is it?

Unvote

Vote Cxinlee
In post 419, Espeonage wrote:
Vote Count

cxinlee:
Aj The Epic, Whiskers,
Bulbazak
, TierShift
Zekrom25:
Kenobi, cxinlee, Rainbowdash, Maxous, Dry-fit, Pachendale, Zekrom25
TierShift:
Empking
Not Voting:
Psyche

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

--------------------------

Silph Building, Saffron City.
Central Office, 3rd floor.
October 24th - 7:52pm.

It was dark outside, the Saffron skyline blinking in the night sky. Inside, there was a different type of blinking. Zekrom25 stood not two paces in front of the warp pad, where he would be ‘collected’. The jeers of the group were hypocritical to anyone that had seen Jessie and James in action. Rockets were never known to be too bright.
It was little save him though. Espe moved in on the target of everyone’s hate. He had his orders, and that meant Zekrom25 had to go.

“Go Pikachu!”
Zekrom25 released a Pokeball from his belt to reveal the yellow rodent, “Shock them all, lets get out, I never should have joined.”
Not to be outdone by one of the recruits, Espe’s namesake, sprung from atop the filing cabinet she’d been sitting on all day unbeknownst to everyone. Within the second, the Espeon had the Pikachu fainted with a burst of mental energy.

The mob of Rockets closed in forcing Zekrom back on to warp pad.

Employee Report

Name: Zekrom25
Specialisation: None

Giovanni has indicated his displeasure with today’s result. Potential public backlash means we had to put down one of our new grunts. This isn’t a good start. The Silph President is unaware of the situation. Continue with your work. Get them all to the level 9 sleeping quarters when the escort arrives

-------------------------------

Zekrom25, Rocket Grunt
, Lynched Day 1

It is now night phase. Night will last for 48 hours. Deadline is set at 26th Jan, 1:15am (AusEDT)
In post 456, Paschendale wrote: And the most recent "lining up lynches" line. I've only ever seen town accused of that, because only town is actually trying to find links between people.
It's interesting that you avoided the meat of my post, as well as the questions that I asked you.
In post 458, Paschendale wrote:I'd far prefer to lynch Tiershift than Emp, but I was trying to do some PoE, and Bulb and Emp as scum partners trying to obfuscate started looking better and better. Unless they're both town and stupid. Which is equally viable.
Walk me through your thought process here, because I want to know what magical PoE you just suddenly did that made you arrive at a Bulb/Emp scum team when you couldn't be bothered to read anything about it yesterday.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by Psyche »

I really doubt I've produced the content necessary for anyone without a big ego to confidently read me.

Better post incoming...
You can't step in the same river twice.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 459, Whiskers wrote:
In post 428, Paschendale wrote:Whiskers, you're basically just asking over and over about a judgement call. Several times, I've lost games by not lynching scum because they looked like they were just noobs. People play that way on purpose to deflect criticism. So many people have alts and hydras that their join date being recent is no indication whatsoever of their ability. I didn't think that Zek was incompetent. His actions looked deliberate to me. And they were deliberately anti-town. A tantrum and a self-hammer is anti-town. He just wasn't playing to his win con.
No, I'm not.
See, and I'll fight you over this! You're not saying he's scum, you said,
he claimed scum
. That's a scummy way of pushing for your lynch.
Forgive me a bit of bravado. No one ever actually claims scum. But when I try to speak in a more reserved fashion, I tend to get mislynched. Which you're apparently trying to do... over my tone. Why are you voting for me? Because Bulba wasn't reading the reasons why I said I suspected him and Emp? Because I wanted to know if anyone other than Bulba or Emp had a reason to vote for either one of them? I don't know what you're seeing, Whiskers.

Oh, and I "bring attention back to Emp and Bulba" after nobody else wants to lynch Tiershift and instead are all voting for Empking, so I, crazily enough, weigh in on what everyone else is talking about. Why do you want to find excuses to scumread me, Whiskers?

Bulba, the meat of what post? And what questions? 449? It contained exactly one question, and that question was answered in the post you were quoting. The PoE I was doing was trying to figure out if Tiershift as your third scumpartner made sense. It didn't terribly, but as I've said all along, I think that you and Emp are the same alignment more than specifically scum or town. There's PoE in that AJ, Whiskers, Dry-Fit, Maxous, and I are all town. Psyche is just gone, but didn't look terribly scummy, and I don't buy most of the pushes on Cx. I reasoned that, despite it not being my top choice to lynch you two, it still might be a good idea.

Look at it this way, if Emp flips town, I'll probably oppose a wagon on you. And I'd rather lynch Tiershift anyway, but all anyone wanted to talk about today was you and Emp. Being a stick in the mud is not pro-town at all, so I'm playing ball. (That, my dear Whiskers, also tends to get me mislynched, despite it being far more pro-town than ignoring the topic of discussion and holding out for a lynch that no one else is interested in)
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 463, Paschendale wrote: Bulba, the meat of what post? And what questions? 449? It contained exactly one question, and that question was answered in the post you were quoting.
Yes, #449. It asked about your reasoning, and if I have to ask, that means that you didn't address it. Shoving it aside like you did and discrediting it by only referring to the last line is scummy, especially when you then try to act like those questions and issues were already addressed. I want my questions and concerns to be addressed, not dismissed.
In post 463, Paschendale wrote: I reasoned that, despite it not being my top choice to lynch you two, it still might be a good idea.
Is that why you jumped on the Emp wagon when it started building up? Is that why you sought to end the day early? Heck, I'd love to lynch him too, but it's too early in the day phase, and there's some more info I'd like to gather.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 463, Paschendale wrote:Forgive me a bit of bravado. No one ever actually claims scum. But when I try to speak in a more reserved fashion, I tend to get mislynched. Which you're apparently trying to do... over my tone. Why are you voting for me? Because Bulba wasn't reading the reasons why I said I suspected him and Emp? Because I wanted to know if anyone other than Bulba or Emp had a reason to vote for either one of them? I don't know what you're seeing, Whiskers.
Man, I'm definitely trying to get you mislynched, because I definitely know you're town, and am definitely pushing a lynch on you regardless (or because!) of it.

TBH, a lot of why I'm voting you is because Bulbazak actually wasn't a big lump during all of Day 1, but you keep mentioning how he was just as crap as Empking. I'll reread at some point, I s'pose, but that's not true. It was true for a while, but then Bulba actually kind of stepped up and did something, although I'll admit I don't remember what.

Oh, I should also mention here, because it's as good a time as any: Empking does this. Those of you fighting to lynch Empking should know that, you won't lynch empking, because there's simply not enough, or his scumteam is helping him, or something. You will not lynch him early on, and if you keep trying to, you will just end up wasting a bunch of time trying to lynch him early on. Try lynching him later, when there's more content of his (and general game-content, like flips) to analyze. If he's scum, he'll keep being pretty apparently scum, but if I remember Empking right, he does butterfly eventually as town and can be really useful and good, if you can just play
around
him for the first few days.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by Empking »

Bulb: Conditional on Kenbeing scum, Aj is a town read.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Whiskers, I agree with you that something's stopping Emp being lynched. Actually, I want to check something.
@MOD: Can we get a VC please?
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:39 am

Post by Kenobi »

As far as I can tell, the votes are along the lines of:
emp - kenobi, tiershift, aj (L-3)
tier - dry-fit, emp, pasch (L-3)
pasch - whiskers, bulba (L-4)
not voting - cx, max, psyche

That's what I've got atm. I definitely think that emp is scummy, but I'm not going to push for him to get lynched, at least not yet. I got the answers (or lack thereof) out of him that I was after to confirm my suspicions.

Emp, you all know my feelings on, and I definitely think he's scum. The defensive scumteaming of anyone who dares call him out just lends credence, and not the clearwater revival kind.

As for Tier, I'm not convinced he's scum, but he's certainly closer to scum than town. I'll read over his ISO tonight or tomorrow, along with my other less certain reads.

Cx hasn't posted anything worthwhile recently, so for now he's staying firmly in the scum bin. I don't want to vote him until I get some posts out of him though.

Bulba is very town. I don't agree with Pasch in that Bulba and Emp are the same alignment; until I see something that suggests otherwise, I think bulba's town and emp is scum.

Psyche I haven't seen anything from in a while, and I'm waiting with bated breath for the incoming better post. Still feels town to me, though.

Pasche is an interesting one. On the one hand, he's got some good content, at least as far as D1 is concerned. D2? Not so much. He's getting really nitpicky and defensive, and I'm not sure if that's because of RL stuff or something more sinister.

Whiskers is pretty town, at least as far as I can tell. I'm gonna go over her posts tonight, too. Same goes for Aj.

Now, Dry... Dry is interesting. He feels town, but I keep lumping him in with Maxous subconsciously, so that makes me think that they're the same alignment, and I feel like that alignment is town. I'll be going over them both tonight or tomorrow, as with Whiskers and Tier.

So. tl;dr:
Scum - Emp, Cx
leaning scum - pasche, tier
leaning town - max, dry
town - bulba, psyche, whiskers, Aj
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 am

Post by TierShift »

I have made up my mind about pasch.
After his and he looked very town to me. But then it all started going downhill.
He went all-out on the newbies, which I disliked and showed pretty heavily. Then pasch went on onto me, for defending my scumbuddies, which was a pretty weak argument. I've continuously asked for explanation and gotten bits like this:
In post 266, Paschendale wrote:Does anyone actually think that TierShift is town?
In post 318, Paschendale wrote:
In post 317, TierShift wrote:I think a lynch would improve the quality of this game. Discussion has been stale and taking another 10 days is gonna give us nothing but apathy.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: cxinlee
PLEASE CAN WE KILL THIS!?!?!
In post 374, Paschendale wrote:But Tiershift, Tiershift doesn't have that excuse either way. He's been consistently against progress the whole day, has relied on crap arguments, and generally gives reads that look strategic rather than genuine.
Look back. There really is nothing more. It looks like he saw that I'd been getting a few not-so-town reads and then jumped onto me because he saw an easy target.

Then, his wavering on emp and bulba:
In post 266, Paschendale wrote:Empking and Bulba's arguments don't look particularly alignment indicative at all. It looks more like ego than anything useful. If either of you have a real argument to make about the other, please make it in a concise manner addressed to town, not just an argument with each other. Empking in general looks townier than Bulba, though.
Which is pretty weird, seeing that emp did absolutely nothing, while bulba hunted outside of emp.
Basically nothing changed in the emp vs bulba argument in between this and the next post below.
In this post he's supporting the emp wagon, but makes it very very clear that if emp is scum, bulba is also scum, on basis of absolutely nothing. I quote:
In post 428, Paschendale wrote:Can someone who isn't Bulba and didn't spend all of day 1 arguing with Empking over what amounted to nothing weigh in on Emp and someone who isn't Emp weigh in on Bulba? I feel like both of them spent the whole of day 1 arguing and voting each other without giving any reasons why the rest of us would agree, which is a great distancing tactic. I think that if one of them is scum, they probably both are.
So, first he thought emp was townier than bulba for no reason at all, then nothing changed and now emp is a good lynch but also if bulba is going down too?

Pasch and emp very very much look like scumbuddies to me.

Onto another topic, me, Kenobi, Whiskers and bulba all think creepily much alike, which I think is a good sign.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Psyche »

presuming two players are connected without independent reasons to think both are scum is bad play imo
and now emp is a good lynch but also if bulba is going down too?
misleading framing
also what kind of topsy-turvey language is "but also if"?
what is that supposed to convey that "if" or even "also if" doesn't?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Psyche »

first was for pasch not ts
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Psyche »

[that was not my goodpost]
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:21 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 470, Psyche wrote:presuming two players are connected without independent reasons to think both are scum is bad play imo
and now emp is a good lynch but also if bulba is going down too?
misleading framing
also what kind of topsy-turvey language is "but also if"?
what is that supposed to convey that "if" or even "also if" doesn't?
sorry, I meant only if, not also if.

I tried to express that pasch suddenly supports an emp lynch but that he prepares himself to get bulba lynched if emp flips scum, while there is really no reason to do so.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 469, TierShift wrote:Then pasch went on onto me, for defending my scumbuddies,
Wow, what a slip!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”