NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by DeathNote »

unvote

Sorry if this makes me look bad but screw it. I can't lynch him.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 700, DeathNote wrote:Sorry if this makes me look bad but screw it.
This isn't your QT, dear
link in bio
Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Post by Gooner »

In post 539, tman2nd wrote:
On Gooner

What is it about pacman and fish's lurking that makes you think they are scum. Town can lurk also. I would be up for pressuring them with votes.
1. It's more the fact that they're in the mid range of activity and kind of blending in, flying under the radar that makes me suspicious. Their posts were easily forgettable and they seem to be avoiding prods and charges of inactivity while not doing much to help the town.
Did you ever do that ISO on Poro?
No, I forgot I'd promised to. After his rant post though I don't think it's necessary, he's a pretty comfortable townread now.
In post 478, Gooner wrote:In other news GC's post on Death Note makes me happy.
Do you want to elaborate on this? You haven't said anything about Death Note before now.
I meant I liked it with regards to my read on GC, it showed a player scumhunting which I hadn't seen before that moment in time. I'm going to ISO Death Note at some point.
I would also like to know your thoughts on UT.
Leaning town/null, some of the votes on him were bad but at the same time his activity has bordered on active lurking at times.
Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Post by Gooner »

1. Zekrom's claim makes me not want to lynch him today. I say we give him a night to prove whether he's a one-shot vig or not. Zekrom, use your vig shot tonight. Good targets for vig shots are lurkers.
2. Fish still worries me. I want to see if he keeps his word and starts being useful when UT answers his questions. For this reason I ask UT to answer his questions, we can see whether Fish will put his money where his mouth is and start being useful.
3. Elyse is also starting to worry me. She seems sort of active lurky, she's blending in a bit I think and I'm starting to consider her as a target.
4. Pacman is still on my lynch list.
5. UT's looking more town to me, I like the fact he pushed his lynch. It suggests town.
6. Deathnote looks ok to me on a re-read, he seems to actually be scumhunting and trying to find scum. His later posts are a bit spammy though.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:47 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 575, Formerfish wrote:You can all fuck straight the fuck off. This is clearly not my scum game. Do you think that as scum I would be this blatantly scummy? I am unfamiliar with most of this player list, and have no basis for reads. I am going off of the things that some people I do know are saying and reads they are making. The thing that set me off was Z asking someone else to help get the heat off of him. UT why would he be asking you to get heat off of him? How could you even do this at the point in the game we are at, you guys aren't masons.

One-shot vig? Fucking shitty scum fake claim. I do like the way he threw in the word town there though, guess he was worried we might mistake that for a straight out scum claim. So what happens when we don't have a two kill night? You claim to be blocked, or you take credit for a kill and hypothesize that there must have been a block on scum or a protect on town? Good luck with that shit if you guys mislynch me.
Well I may have disagreed before but this isn't the shiny glowy example of towniness he thinks it is.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Matias »

Going through a lot of real life shit and this game took off. I dont want to be replaced, so please be patient with me.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Porochaz »

Well that was so fun I had to read it twice.

No wait, that is wrong.

That was so fucking dumb I had to read it twice.

I mean I get drunk and go to sleep and all the drama happens. Every single person in that clusterfuck came out looking shit. Except mollie. Ythan fakeclaimed dayvig, at least it got some interesting reactions. Deathnote and UT play differently, congratulations, now please both remove the sticks from your respective asses and get over your butthurt, both good players, both acting like fucking whiny children, and fish, the vote was bad, the reaction to the votes placed on him were bad/the post above, and that list of town/scum players is doubly bad, 1 because there was no thought process behind it and 2, it was completely random.

Fish, your questions that you quoted for UT are asking for him to explain Zekroms actions, even if he is scum how do you expect him to explain them? These are questions only Zekrom (unlikely) will be able to answer. Your other question, was answered by him.

There are good reasons for your lynch.

I believe that almost all the other votes either commented on or before the initial vote, or at least were around and posting and active during the time they voted, you were not, you came in and voted without an acknowledgement why.

Your reaction was very OTT, a bit of AtE and full of WIFOM and all the other acronyms you can think of.

Overall, your not providing any sort of reasoning with your reads, so it looks like you are pulling them out of your ass.

Im not sure about other people but thats the opinion I've gained in the last few pages and if I were to vote you over what I still feel is the superior zekrom lynch then that would be why.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

imo it's better to let Zekrom live for a night and use his ability. that claim was town as fuck.

Fish is still a specTACular lynch
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 am

Post by Elyse »

I still can't get over Fish's reaction to TWO votes on him. It seemed so ridiculously over the top and I can't find a reason for it because it's not like his previous posts were overwhelmingly town.

I don't really agree that his emotions are genuine, but even if they are, why does that make him town? Caught scum can have genuine emotions of being afraid of their lynch or angry they're in the spotlight.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:28 am

Post by Green Crayons »

The last 200+ posts are energy draining to read. Take aways:

Ythan's fake dayvig strikes me as scummy.

I'm further convinced Zekrom is a bad lynch.

Formerfish looks scummy pre-fake-dayvig, and looks null post-fake-dayvig, so that balances out to looking scummy. For what it's worth, Fish's belligerence in Post 575 matches his belligerence in Post 217. This only shows that he is consistently belligerence, which is not really indicative of town or scum, though apparently it's different than his normal play style (see EPM's final line in Post 219).

Gooner is a leaning town read.

-----
In post 411, DeathNote wrote:
unvote

Lost interest in Marq. STFU you're still weird.
In post 694, DeathNote wrote:
In post 692, Marquis wrote:wait fuck i forgot his claim

i'd give him one night to confirm it??? idk but i don't think he'll be nightkilled anyway if real so..... actually idk the correct play in this situation
I want to lynch you.
More of the same.

I'm lazy and don't have the willpower to expand my justifications for my Tripod vote. Plus I really haven't processed Tripod play in the slog that is everything that was posted between yesterday and today. So I'm going to instead VOTE: DeathNote for reasons stated in Post 464. His play since that post doesn't dissuade my suspicions and in some instances actually reconfirms his scumminess. I will address a Tripod vote tomorrow.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:56 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Why are we even voting Zekrom?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 710, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why are we even voting Zekrom?
Because we are being useful and trying to find scum, now I have made a case, go find it, or make your own case or shut the hell up because we all know that you can't go beyond your self pitying nature to actually get off your ass and play the bloody game.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

prozac, why don't you think it would be worth pursuing another scumread today and revisiting Zekrom tomorrow after he's had a chance to use/prove his 1-shot vig?

also, don't you think that his claim looks like he's quoting a role PM rather than trying to fakeclaim?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:06 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

(also we could potentially direct his kill if he's a vig, and that would allow us to get rid of deadweight)
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:23 am

Post by sthar8 »

Sorry guys, busy weekend at work. I'm reading today and should be caught up by tonight.

From skimming the last couple:

We have a L-1 claim of one shot vig?
Is he someone we can trust to make a pick, or do we need him chained? If he's chained, I'd like to have everybody choose a pool from which he will kill at random.
Does somebody wanna have the 'chained PR 101' talk with him?

Also suspect lists from all the players with brains would be very helpful.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

we're chaining him. no ifs ands or buts.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 am

Post by sthar8 »

EBWOP:

UNVOTE:

Since I've forgotten in like the last three games I've replaced into.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:31 am

Post by sthar8 »

k. I'm down. How do you feel about a killpool? I think it minimizes scumgain from chained PR.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I think it's optimal play and I think you're town for suggesting it first
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:43 am

Post by pisskop »

what is chained pr? sounds :|
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:50 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

as in we say "use your PR this way or we lynch the shit out of you"
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 712, Untrod Tripod wrote:prozac, why don't you think it would be worth pursuing another scumread today and revisiting Zekrom tomorrow after he's had a chance to use/prove his 1-shot vig?

also, don't you think that his claim looks like he's quoting a role PM rather than trying to fakeclaim?
Apart from anything else if he is town then I don't trust him to use it well, I mean I don't even know if he has been following the game. What's more I don't trust people to direct his kill at this point. Also through sheer ineptness, I dont trust him to even direct the kill properly even if we do come to an agreement.

Also your second question just brings up a load of WIFOM and outguessing the player/mod that I just can't be assed getting into.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:00 am

Post by pisskop »

cool. thanks

Since this thread is finally looking more recognizable to.me, Ill look over this thread tomorrow after. Ill read some stuffs pick out a few.ppl I dont like. its only 29 pages. on gut Im unsure of tge FF push but dont see any reason to spare deathnote.

lets not put me on a list, yea?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Porochaz »

bleh meant to
unvote
though
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 721, Porochaz wrote:
In post 712, Untrod Tripod wrote:prozac, why don't you think it would be worth pursuing another scumread today and revisiting Zekrom tomorrow after he's had a chance to use/prove his 1-shot vig?

Apart from anything else if he is town then I don't trust him to use it well, I mean I don't even know if he has been following the game. What's more I don't trust people to direct his kill at this point. Also through sheer ineptness, I dont trust him to even direct the kill properly even if we do come to an agreement.

Also your second question just brings up a load of WIFOM and outguessing the player/mod that I just can't be assed getting into.
guess what dude, the vast majority of this playerlist is town. our kill pool would be coming from a town perspective so it's just as good as a second lynch. think it through.

also... are you really saying you wouldn't trust him to send "kill: player x" to the mod? really?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”