NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

Do I have to quote all his posts again to answer that question? Why would he do anything we say when he hasn't all game?

Obviously the vast majority of the playerlist is town, that said the vast majority of the playerlists opinions have been woeful.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Zekrom25 »

i am willing to listen to any ideas that the town have
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:55 am

Post by Porochaz »

My idea is you tell me about the game.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Nononononono. If you get chained, you do as you're told. Or you die.

Also, you need to be super transparent about reads and such starting right now.

Basically, the fact that you couldn't avoid getting run up and claiming means that you've lost the right to autonomy of choice. C'est la vie.

I'm up to page 16.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Ok, so I don't think we can trust Zekrom unless he makes it really clear he is going to do as we say. The only reason I see for keeping him alive is so he can fire that shot, but as I said, I don't trust him.

Also, my town read on Gooner has gotten stronger.

I'll come out with a few more reads soon.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 724, Untrod Tripod wrote: also... are you really saying you wouldn't trust him to send "kill: player x" to the mod? really?
To be honest, yes. I don't trust zekrom to do that and could see him not sending it in or killing whoever he wants.
In post 700, DeathNote wrote:
unvote

Sorry if this makes me look bad but screw it. I can't lynch him.
I forgot to mention this before but I don't like this. You are focused on your appearance here and you didn't give reasons as to why you couldn't lynch him.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 730, Elyse wrote:
In post 724, Untrod Tripod wrote: also... are you really saying you wouldn't trust him to send "kill: player x" to the mod? really?
To be honest, yes. I don't trust zekrom to do that and could see him not sending it in or killing whoever he wants.
then.

we.

lynch.

him.

on.

day.

two.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Elyse »

Yeah yeah I know I just hope he doesn't bring down someone useful.

Also no one said happy scumday to me so I hate you all.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Happy scumday
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 731, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 730, Elyse wrote:
then.

we.

lynch.

him.

on.

day.

two.
What if he's blocked?
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by tman2nd »

oh, yeah happy scumday
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Marquis »

Why does he always talk like he's scum not town omfg
link in bio
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by tman2nd »

On sthar

Feels town so far. Not much else to say.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by tman2nd »

On pacman

I don't really like his disappearance, but since he's been back he's done fine so far.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 734, tman2nd wrote:What if he's blocked?
asking for a friend?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 663, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Formerfish wrote:And how would you like me to scumhunt my reads if they refuse to engage with me and answer questions that would help me sort them? If you engage me and actually talk with me I can get a read on you, it is very hard for me to pick up on scum by their interactions with other people.
not to be a dick, but I'd suggest learning how to form reads based on the game then because that is a ridiculous handicap you're inventing
Why do you cut off the last part of my paragraph? It seems pretty odd that you would post the whole thing except for that last part, which kinda changes things.
In post 661, Formerfish wrote:And how would you like me to scumhunt my reads if they refuse to engage with me and answer questions that would help me sort them? If you engage me and actually talk with me I can get a read on you, it is very hard for me to pick up on scum by their interactions with other people.
I can do it, but I usually have to know the player a little.
Figured I'd bold it there for you. I admit that my scumhunting ability is somewhat lacking when dealing with unknowns, but I say that I can do it. So I feel like you leaving that off is a slight attempt at a misrep.
In post 673, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 667, Formerfish wrote:2. PeregrineV- lean town
3. Gooner- lean town
4. DeathNote- null
5. pisskop- null
6. Matias- lean scum
7. pirate mollie- town
8. OhGodMyLife- null
9. Untrod Tripot- scum
10. Malakittens- null
11. Elyse- null
12. Marquis- town
13. Nikanor- lean scum
14. Ythan- lean town
15. Porochaz- null
16. sthar8- lean town based of ABR
17. evilpacman18- town
18. RadiantCowbells- null
19. zekrom25- scum
20. tman2nd- null
21. Green Canyons- null
so marquis, epm and I are your strongest town reads yeah? why is epm a strong town read for you, like I don't get that at all.

lets start here

and if you thought nika was scum why did you not show any support for when I was voting him? town has to find town in order to make scum lynches happen it doesn't happen any other way.
EPM is a town read because of a game I can't talk about yet. Let's just say gut for the time being. Marquis is town because of We the Purple, and you are town because you are so fucking town. You could be buddying me, but you wouldn't be doing that if we were both scum, and I don't see your read on me being that off. I wasn't on Nika with you because I didn't know about it at the time and by the time I got around to reading I kinda started a shitstorm. I think Nika is scum because he just waits for me to post and points a finger and yells scum.
In post 697, Zekrom25 wrote:@DN please remain calm
All that is going/has gone on and this is all you have to say? I would expect more.
In post 706, Porochaz wrote:Fish, your questions that you quoted for UT are asking for him to explain Zekroms actions, even if he is scum how do you expect him to explain them? These are questions only Zekrom (unlikely) will be able to answer. Your other question, was answered by him.

There are good reasons for your lynch.

I believe that almost all the other votes either commented on or before the initial vote, or at least were around and posting and active during the time they voted, you were not, you came in and voted without an acknowledgement why.

Your reaction was very OTT, a bit of AtE and full of WIFOM and all the other acronyms you can think of.

Overall, your not providing any sort of reasoning with your reads, so it looks like you are pulling them out of your ass.
I'm not exactly asking UT to explain Z's actions, just looking for his opinion on why Z singled him out to help stop the bleeding. He might not have a good answer, but he is white knighting the shit out of him right now so I would expect him to have something to say on the matter. Ythan voted in much the same manor I did, unless you consider him asking for thoughts as a valid argument. I agree my reaction may have been over the top a bit, disagree it was full of appeal to emotion, and wifom is the name of the game brother. We are on day 1, our information is going to be limited and anything is possible at this point. I know how I am aligned, and can only guess how others are at the moment. As far as my reads, most are based off gut from my first (attempted) read through. If you would like me to explain any of them in particular I would be more than happy to try.
In post 707, Untrod Tripod wrote:imo it's better to let Zekrom live for a night and use his ability. that claim was town as fuck.

Fish is still a specTACular lynch
Spectacularly bad.
In post 708, Elyse wrote:I still can't get over Fish's reaction to TWO votes on him. It seemed so ridiculously over the top and I can't find a reason for it because it's not like his previous posts were overwhelmingly town.

I don't really agree that his emotions are genuine, but even if they are, why does that make him town? Caught scum can have genuine emotions of being afraid of their lynch or angry they're in the spotlight.
Elyse, how much do you actually know about my game play?
In post 709, Green Crayons wrote:The last 200+ posts are energy draining to read. Take aways:

Ythan's fake dayvig strikes me as scummy.

I'm further convinced Zekrom is a bad lynch.

Formerfish looks scummy pre-fake-dayvig, and looks null post-fake-dayvig, so that balances out to looking scummy. For what it's worth, Fish's belligerence in Post 575 matches his belligerence in Post 217. This only shows that he is consistently belligerence, which is not really indicative of town or scum, though apparently it's different than his normal play style (see EPM's final line in Post 219).

Gooner is a leaning town read.

-----
In post 411, DeathNote wrote:
unvote

Lost interest in Marq. STFU you're still weird.
In post 694, DeathNote wrote:
In post 692, Marquis wrote:wait fuck i forgot his claim

i'd give him one night to confirm it??? idk but i don't think he'll be nightkilled anyway if real so..... actually idk the correct play in this situation
I want to lynch you.
More of the same.

I'm lazy and don't have the willpower to expand my justifications for my Tripod vote. Plus I really haven't processed Tripod play in the slog that is everything that was posted between yesterday and today. So I'm going to instead VOTE: DeathNote for reasons stated in Post 464. His play since that post doesn't dissuade my suspicions and in some instances actually reconfirms his scumminess. I will address a Tripod vote tomorrow.
EPM has experience with me in one game, the one we can't discuss yet. I don't think that he has the ability to tell you what is normal from my play and what isn't. If you want an example of town belligerence ask marquis about We the Purple.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 739, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 734, tman2nd wrote:What if he's blocked?
asking for a friend?
What?
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by tman2nd »

On pisskop

I don't really see a problem with his initial vote. Afterwards, he doesn't post much content and acts more like a spectator. However, I am glad to see that he will be doing a reread. Maybe he just needed time to get into the game.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 740, Formerfish wrote: you are town because you are so fucking town. You could be buddying me, but you wouldn't be doing that if we were both scum, and I don't see your read on me being that off.
I might be reading this wrong but it's almost as if you posted this under the assumption you are scum.

You say that mollie wouldn't be buddying you if you were both scum. This makes it sound like you are scum, faking figuring out mollie's alignment.

And then you said you don't see mollie's read on you being that off, but she's reading you as town...?
In post 740, Formerfish wrote:
In post 708, Elyse wrote:I still can't get over Fish's reaction to TWO votes on him. It seemed so ridiculously over the top and I can't find a reason for it because it's not like his previous posts were overwhelmingly town.

I don't really agree that his emotions are genuine, but even if they are, why does that make him town? Caught scum can have genuine emotions of being afraid of their lynch or angry they're in the spotlight.
Elyse, how much do you actually know about my game play?
I know that you don't know the difference between manner and manor.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Mollie is reading me as town, and is buddying me. I do not think she would buddy me as scum, because I think I would be able to see the forced nature of it. If we were both scum she wouldn't do it because that just isn't her style. She could be scum, but I don't think she is. I think I lost myself in your quoted post of mine.

I am not the best with grammar, no. Do you have anything relevant about my actual game play in regards to alignment? Where did I talk about manner, or manor?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 740, Formerfish wrote:EPM is a town read because of a game I can't talk about yet. Let's just say gut for the time being. Marquis is town because of We the Purple, and you are town because you are so fucking town.
You could be buddying me, but you wouldn't be doing that if we were both scum
, and I don't see your read on me being that off. I wasn't on Nika with you because I didn't know about it at the time and by the time I got around to reading I kinda started a shitstorm. I think Nika is scum because he just waits for me to post and points a finger and yells scum.
um

...did you just claim scum?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh durr PEdits

still though. that's pretty bad.

and your explanation is garbled and isn't making sense to me.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by tman2nd »

On DeathNote

I didn't at the time, but now I can see that his vote doesn't make sense. He was making a big deal out of posts that were not serious. At the time I agreed with him because I was used to newbie games were things get serious quicker. I don't think this is a scum tell though.

I think he got to chastised for . Just because he asks someone else's opinion on something doesn't mean he isn't going to formulate his own opinion as well. I don't really see the problem.

He does ok, I guess, for some time. But, as others have pointed out, is a bad post. I don't like that he just "loses interest" in what seemed to be his biggest scum read. as well. Forgetting one's reads doesn't seem like some town does. Town is more attached to their reads because they are their actual opinions. Scum manufactures their reads and would be more likely to forget what they are.

After that he doesn't do quite as well, but I could his behavior coming from dissatisfied town. I have a maybe scum read on him. I would like him to do a bit more active scum hunting.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Marquis »

Inconsistency is not necessarily a scum trait but it sure makes me want to vote people
link in bio
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Are you thinking of a specific example from this game?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”