Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Aegor »

k. Well that is not good enough when there are almost ten players willing to vote a player whose contributions are practically nonexistent.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Garmr »

Chev and bulba are scum and the other one thor is off wagon on you. If there's 4 I have no fucking clue who the 4th one is.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 1483, Chevre wrote:Vote: Nobody Special
Just FYI this was L-1 on Nobody Special unless I miscounted.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1500, Aegor wrote:k. Well that is not good enough when there are almost ten players willing to vote a player whose contributions are practically nonexistent.
:eek:

that seems like it would be a good reason to want to kill someone.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If NS flips scum I want that dead, I might want it dead regardless.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 171, Bulbazak wrote:. I, for example, thought mountainous games were games where town outnumbered scum by a larger amount than the typical 1:3 ratio.
^^^^^^
this has me worrying about Bulb 'cause I think its fairly common knowledge that mountainous=no power but for someone that HAS played in a mountainous game this seems fairly obtuse.

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I will just note for the record that I have almost twice the posts of Matias, and he's not getting nearly the heat that I am.

Very much a scum-driven wagon.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I do have Taco as null.....

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Chevre »

At most you two are on equal footing, because Matias replaced in at page 32 or so whereas you have been here for the whole ordeal.

Post Count is a shoddy system of measuring activity anyway, because both of you are guilty of making posts which are simply prod dodges.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1505, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 171, Bulbazak wrote:. I, for example, thought mountainous games were games where town outnumbered scum by a larger amount than the typical 1:3 ratio.
^^^^^^
this has me worrying about Bulb 'cause I think its fairly common knowledge that mountainous=no power but for someone that HAS played in a mountainous game this seems fairly obtuse.
And I thought town largely outnumbered scum in that game past expected levels. In fact, I joined the game hoping to draw scum because of the challenge. I'll need to go back and look at that game and see if the ratio was off at all.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1505, Nero Cain wrote:
^^^^^^
Nerocain marry me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

WOAH SLOW DOWN!!!!

Take me to dinner first, cowboy.

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by Huntress »

Rainbowdash replaces Zekrom25. Welcome!
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 2.13

Nobody Special (8) - The Fonz, emeraldemon, Albert B. Rampage, Aegor, Bulbazak, HighShroomish, Matias, Chevre
Albert B. Rampage (3) - Nobody Special, Sotty7, Zdenek
Bulbazak (1) - inHimshallibe
Aegor (1) - Thor665
Nero Cain (1) - Rainbowdash
HighShroomish (1) - Nero Cain
Garmr (1) - Garmr

Not voting (1) - kabooooom

With seventeen players alive, it takes nine votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Two is Friday, 21st February 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-02-21 20:00:00)).

Note:

Thor665 is V/LA from 18th to 21st Feb.
Last edited by Huntress on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:15 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 1481, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1477, HighShroomish wrote:
In post 1476, Nero Cain wrote:So you think I'm scummy?
Well, your slot, yes.
If my slot was scummy why didn't you say so earlier?

I can't say for certain, but I've already switched scum from my top scum read to a lean town because the person who replaced in did a fantastic job of slipping through mine and a couple other players fingers, which ended up getting me lynched, so... good luck with getting off my scum list, but you aren't a top priority.
So I'm sitting on your scum list 'cause you thought emo was scummy and you are afraid that I'm going to pull the wool over your eyes? :eek:
In post 1477, HighShroomish wrote:What do you think of ABR? Is he scum, town, null, what? Why?
In post 1467, Nero Cain wrote:I'd be fine with an ABR lynch.
I could've sworn I had said I thought the emo slot was scummy because of her. Maybe I just said emo was scummy?

Well, erm, not exactly. More like "you're on my scum list because of emo, and you're going to have to really get a crapton of townie points for me to even consider changing my read on you.

Okay, so why?
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:19 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 1506, Nobody Special wrote:I will just note for the record that I have almost twice the posts of Matias, and he's not getting nearly the heat that I am.

I don't want your lynch because you're lurking, I want your lynch because of the posts you do have, which, unless I'm mistaken, is what most people want.

I really don't like the "Lynch All Lurkers" mentality, it drives me crazy.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 1484, Garmr wrote:VOTE: Garmr

I'm town but I feel like now my lynch is the only thing hat will make you guys take me seriously.
The fuck is this, Garmr. Right now, lynching you would accomplish exactly nothing. It wouldn't confirm anyone town or scum except you. So that's not happening.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:31 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm heading off to work, but I will be back around 7pm CST to switch my vote if needed.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1402, Zdenek wrote:I'm worried about Fonz and Sotty because they are both capable players who have decided to be rather pathetic in this game.
Erm, screw you. And define pathetic? Disagreeing with you? If you mean undercontributing, I haven't posted for a few days. Thirteen hour shifts combined with spotty net access. It happens. It's not like I'm skimping on giving reads here.

Thor thinks I 'owe' him something on InHim. Since I don't have a ton of time for this post and he's V/LA, I'll go into it tomorrow.
In post 1461, Sotty7 wrote:I'll consider it.

Hey Fonz, what's your read on bulb right now?
Once I dropped out of back-and-forthing with him and getting massively frustrated by how utterly terrible his arguments are, I came to the conclusion he was probably sincere and thus town. That town meta quote Zdenek posted of him - where he essentially attacks someone horribly over semantics - makes me think that this is not the scumtell (for him) it struck me as at the time.

Sotty's sorta-defence of Nobody Special is... interesting. I read a load of NS games for meta before voting him (fairly standard with lurkaderp types). The short posts and lurking I can write off as playstyle. But I'm really intrigued to hear that emerging from a lurk to vote a noncontributor is a 'standard NS tactic.' To me, the difference between the easy lynch lurker and the scum lurker is that the town lurker at least makes some effort to impact the game when (s)he shows up. That vote feels like a deliberate attempt to be as ineffectual as possible, which is the opposite of what a townie should be going for. Basically, is there any evidence at all, anywhere, of town motive from him? I'm not seeing it.

Finally, today's events have flipped my view on Zdenek/ABR. I don't actually want to lynch either today, but Zdenek feels more constructive lately (pissed at him, but whatever) whilst attack dog/hardass prosecutor Albert (ironically, kinda the reason why Zdenek suspected ABR to start with) which is what I expect from him as town hasn't shown up.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:29 am

Post by Matias »

In post 1506, Nobody Special wrote:I will just note for the record that I have almost twice the posts of Matias, and he's not getting nearly the heat that I am.

And acidic taco together?

What does my post count have to do with my alignment?
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:30 am

Post by Matias »

As an aside, your wagon may very well be scum driven and you may very well be town, but you are the only optimal lynch for this very moment, and to boot, you've had extremely unreliable reads, almost like you totally get amnesia between them.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

He also replaced in two weeks after your first post, so it's not an apples-to-oranges comparison, which tells me at best that you're paying almost no attention to the game. Let me guess, you went to 'activity overview' to see if there was anyone who'd posted less so you could make this argument? Deflect more, scum. And it's not just lurking.

Also note the non-distinct "there's scum on that thar wagon." Who?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:51 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Lynch NS.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

vote: Nobody Special
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1406, emeraldemon wrote:I think NS is a good lynch, but I don't really follow why NS defending Aegor makes NS scummier? Are you implying NS and Aegor are scum buddies?
The logic I was suggesting in that discussion was NS = scum Aegor = town, and that NS was going for the town points of defending an imminent wagon on town in a weak manner but wanted to get his comment in and on the record.
In post 1409, Garmr wrote:Would like to say why didn't anyone bite when I voted bulb out the blue?
Your push was too weak and ineffectual to count that as part of a case.
In post 1452, Sotty7 wrote:So, Aegor is still probably town.
Your openening comment here is phrased far stronger than any of the evidence you provide afterwards - indeed, without this line, my read of your post would be 'null to nullish town' and yet your conclusion is 'town'. Whassup?
In post 1468, HighShroomish wrote:Also- Thor, you didn't "start" the Aegor wagon. You voted him and so did Bulba, then poof, no votes on Aegor. Then, once the Aegor wagon seems like it could actually have potential- "HEY GUYZ REMEMBER I STARTED THIS!!! YEAH!! MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER THIS WAS BECAUSE OF ME!!!"
Okay, well, first off - if I didn't start it, who did?
Second off - the only way that play makes sense if you're right is if Aegor is scum, would you like to vote Aegor?
In post 1518, The Fonz wrote:Thor thinks I 'owe' him something on InHim. Since I don't have a ton of time for this post and he's V/LA, I'll go into it tomorrow.
You do.

I'm glad other people are noticing that Zdenek is town.
Emeralddaemon is also town.
I have Nero as town, partly for prior slot holders and his own play is fine in my opinion.

Vote: Albert B. Rampage

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”