NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 1679, Yates wrote:
In post 1672, Green Crayons wrote:Is Page 41 (where Nikanor's Post 1023 is found) from Day 1?
Yes.
In post 1673, PeregrineV wrote:This doesn't make sense, Yates.
I realize that now. I was thinking that was from day 2. Just realized in my response to GC it was still Day 1.

Meh. I still don't like him and don't have a better vote.
Hold on, I still see a problem with that quote. He was giving Zekrom a vig target in bold saying that he knew Gooner was scum, but he wasn't serious? That doesn't seem right. It can't think of a scum motivation for it, though.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

what is that crayon creature banging on about

also the city people cut my cable line so my activity will be spotty until it gets fixed
whew!
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 1698, Ythan wrote:Not posting is better than posting garbage.
You say as you post garbage...
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Ythan »

Excuse me but you're tman2nd. Don't lose perspective.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Do you think I've been posting garbage?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1700, tman2nd wrote:
In post 1679, Yates wrote:
In post 1672, Green Crayons wrote:Is Page 41 (where Nikanor's Post 1023 is found) from Day 1?
Yes.
In post 1673, PeregrineV wrote:This doesn't make sense, Yates.
I realize that now. I was thinking that was from day 2. Just realized in my response to GC it was still Day 1.

Meh. I still don't like him and don't have a better vote.
Hold on, I still see a problem with that quote. He was giving Zekrom a vig target in bold saying that he knew Gooner was scum, but he wasn't serious? That doesn't seem right. It can't think of a scum motivation for it, though.
This is an observation that I, too, had. I'm not quite sure why Yates is back peddling and/or doubting his original suspicion.

As an aside, tman2nd has generally voiced opinions that I have held, and therefore I believe him to be town.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1638, Yates wrote:
In post 1623, serrapaladin wrote:Both times, actually, and in your town games, there was significantly less content which was just filler calling people wrong without saying anything about their alignment.
Hogwash. I'm not going to self-meta but I disagree. I also disagree with your assertion that I'm not taking a stand in *this* game. PLUS, you are accusing me, of essentially this, yes?
In post 907, Yates wrote:Also a special scum point for Gooner for this unnecesary theory post. This is an up and coming reliable scum tell for me - easy way for scum to look like they are contributing while not actually taking a position on a person or argument.
So you are trying to claim that I'm scummy for doing something I'm calling a scum tell as if I wouldn't know? Whu? I'm not sure what your game is here, but you aren't making sense. And the fact you should know how to read me by now is more than a little disconcerting.

In rereading you in ISO, my bigger concern at this point is your hedgey [http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p5703842]post 1446[/url] where you tried to pretend you were for a Zek lynch in 1445 then immediately backed out in the span of 19 minutes because... "paranoia?" Explain, please.

Bottom line: I'm voting you or Nik today. I feel more confident in my Nik-scum read because I admit to some confirmation bias on my Serra-scum read but - you know - "paranoia."
Not quite. What bothers me about you are throwaway comments like "What am I even reading? I'm taking a break." in , and posts like where you just describe why someone is wrong and somehow translate that to a potential scumread, without considering scum or town motivation. I know you know that scum don't have a monopoly on being wrong.

As to zek, I initially unvoted just to make sure he wasn't quickhammered, but I also held some reservation about zek being scum just because of cabd's cc.

Explain to me your reasoning about nik and his post from yesterday. Whether or not you've forgotten when nik posted that, what scum motivation would nik have for that post?

I don't want to lynch marquis, but pere's recent posts are making me consider voting there. Also Elyse.
Wandering but not lost
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1686, Untrod Tripod wrote:then get the fuck on with it. sooner or later you're going to have to have opinions
I had stronger opinions before the post loss. There's something missing now and I can't remember what I saw. So yeah. I'm a little annoyed. I've also got 3 or 4 people I would vote and there was... something... I didn't like about Nik from a post that got deleted and I just can't remember what it was but that's what really got me onto Nik-scum. So I have an opinion - I just can't substantiate it as well as I want.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1692, Elyse wrote:Marquis is reading more as frustrated town who is impressed with his Day 1 play and does not understand why others don't see it.
How do you distinguish between that and scum looking for town-cred? Serious question and not facetious.
In post 1706, serrapaladin wrote:Whether or not you've forgotten when nik posted that, what scum motivation would nik have for that post?
Initially, I thought I had that marked as him possibly faking a scum result. Seems way less likely to be a faked result if it was day 1. You see where scum have motivation to fake a result had that been D2.

The part that remains *kinda* scummy is the directing a vig thing. It is, however, less scummy since the motivation is just as likely because Cabd was a 2nd scum suspect as because he is scum trying to target town. I still subscribe to the theory that being wrong =/= being scum. Motivation is key.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1706, serrapaladin wrote:What bothers me about you are throwaway comments like "What am I even reading? I'm taking a break." in 907, and posts like 1148 where you just describe why someone is wrong and somehow translate that to a potential scumread, without considering scum or town motivation.
I finally see what you are saying. You realize I'm a replacement player, right? 907 was my 1st content post - and I hadn't even finished reading the 900+ posts from before I replaced in. Ditto 1148 - I'm still trying to get caught up at that point. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of crap but I actually never finished reading day 1. And frankly I'm not going to at this point. *shrug*
Please pm me to pre-in
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 1708, Yates wrote:
In post 1692, Elyse wrote:Marquis is reading more as frustrated town who is impressed with his Day 1 play and does not understand why others don't see it.
How do you distinguish between that and scum looking for town-cred? Serious question and not facetious.
hi i am looking for towncred and sheeping my townreads
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 1707, Yates wrote:I had stronger opinions before the post loss. There's something missing now and I can't remember what I saw. So yeah. I'm a little annoyed.
actually i at least sympathize with this
link in bio
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:32 am

Post by Desperado »

RadiantCowbells, evilpacman18, Malakittens, and pisskop were all prodded
;)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:18 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

The thing is I had a heavy scumread outside of UT before the info got erased and now I'm just trying to figure out who it was.

VOTE: UT for now.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1713, RadiantCowbells wrote:The thing is I had a heavy scumread outside of UT before the info got erased and now I'm just trying to figure out who it was.

What was your heavy scumread based upon?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:36 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 1713, RadiantCowbells wrote:The thing is I had a heavy scumread outside of UT before the info got erased and now I'm just trying to figure out who it was.

Seriously? The five or so pages that we are missing really screwed up your reads that bad?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:36 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Someone was calling someone else scum in an insanely scummy half-assed way.

Remember anything like that?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

RadiantCowbells wrote:Someone was calling someone else scum in an insanely scummy half-assed way.

Found it
RadiantCowbells wrote:The thing is I had a heavy scumread outside of UT before the info got erased and now I'm just trying to figure out who it was.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:47 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1716, RadiantCowbells wrote:Someone was calling someone else scum in an insanely scummy half-assed way.

I meant your UT scumread. I remember nothing that does not exist. :eek:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Elyse »

@serra
You keep mentioning that I might be scum at the end of a sentence like it's an afterthought. It looks to me like you are keeping your options open because you haven't actually provided a reason for me as possible scum.

@Yates
I just get that vibe from Marquis. I don't really know how to explain it. You could certainly be right that he's scum expecting towncred, but him blatantly asking for it makes me think he's just frustrated town because I don't think scum would be that open about it.

@whoever asked for my PerV read
His paranoia of me seems genuine, I've played with him as town and scum and this reminds me of his towngame, and I understand his reads progression and it seems logical.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I am having some connectivity issues hopefully will be resolved in the next couple of days

UNVOTE:
whew!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by pisskop »

Prodding hurts. I think Ill dig about tomorrowish.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 275, Malakittens wrote:I think Zekrom is an easy bait at this point. He's pretty damn new.

Also Marq:

How can you tell the difference between stalling scum and inexperienced players?
Im ill atm so my activity is going to be rough(er). Basically, Mala has shown little interest in the game (I know you are ill atm.) but the post quoted at the time really hit me as off. I made a post about it -
In post 289, Porochaz wrote:
In post 275, Malakittens wrote:I think Zekrom is an easy bait at this point. He's pretty damn new.

Also Marq:

How can you tell the difference between stalling scum and inexperienced players?
Hey min, let us do some scum hunting, alrite?

The fact is he hasn't done much, I want him to place an opinion on something. I am not advocating a wagon on him, I have not put my vote down. That said, those who have done have every right to do so. He is clearly stalling and by nullifying pretty legitimate reasoning with "oh, but he's new, give him a break" is pretty scummy.
See.

Now that he has flipped scum, your post looks extremely awful.

Post 414 as well.
In post 1326, Malakittens wrote:VOTE: Mollie

Serious vote.

You remind me of Shos when he discredited every single one of my crumbs in OGM. Shos was scum;therefore you are scum by default.

Also;

I think I'm down for a Zek lynch, but not voting because not many people have posted and I don't want a quick lynch to end this day off, tbh.
Is your next post I find offensive, the half hearted defence throughout the day is gone and suddenly "SCUMREAD... but I don't want to vote..."

Then there is still the fluff posting etc.

vote malakittens

Found scum here guys. Please vote accordingly.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I will read the last 10/20 pages or so at some point, but lets be honest here. Now that I have found certain scum, we should probably just lynch it.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Got the prof. I'll be in tomorrow for sure, it's spring break so I think I have time for this now
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”