NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 473, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 466, Damon_Gant wrote:Checked Luca's meta - Luca pretty much doesn't have a meta, with as far as I could see, only 1 finished game to speak of. None of Luca's posts from that one game read as scummy as the one post Luca has here. I reiterate - I'm happy with my vote.
What on earth. How are you going to apply a metaread to somebody who has posted a grand total of 3 sentences, one of which was a proddodge?
Here's why
In post 335, pisskop wrote: also, for a player who says this:
In post 118, Damon_Gant wrote:Mastin's play continues to be very bleh. Giving garbage reads, and now trying to spoonfeed us what his meta is. That's not going to work - when I have time tonight I'll be looking at Mastin's meta for myself. It does need doing, because of the unorthodox playstyle - but I'm not going to be told by the player himself what his meta is, and essentially that his meta this game corresponds with his meta for town.
And then doesn't meta Luca. My experience with Luca is as a lurker/very unhelpful player until later and additionally there are better fish in the sea to eyeball.
At any rate, I don't think it can hurt to have an idea of the other players' metas, but yes, it was a pretty much worthless endeavour for now and adds no real context to my vote.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:56 am

Post by pisskop »

@Mister Rogers
Spoiler:
In post 426, Mister Rogers wrote:Not to me it wasn't. There were two people that he could of been referring to and I wanted to nail down which person it was.
Fair point.
In post 105, Mister Rogers wrote:Well, I'm not really an alt of anyone but I have been playing Mafia for years on various sites.
I don't think so, but its a weak point at best. Hearsay at its finest.
In post 426, Mister Rogers wrote:Nuh-Uh
Can you expound a bit; for me?
Why Damon is null.
Why he is nullscum.

In post 426, Mister Rogers wrote:Yes but there reasons for each of them. Address MY content on them or stop generalizing negatively on my reads. kthxbai.
The following players I have yet to analyze:

Anx
, DG, ZD, Snow, Chem, Yates,
Mastin
, Matt
Scum: Rach, Luca, Aptil, Doc,
Anx
Mastin
:| Yea I have zero clue how I got a negative impression of your reads.
is better readlist.

---
In post 433, AngryPidgeon wrote: And the quoted posts seem mostly arbitrary on top of this. Then suddenly he affirms Talah is town after this post:
[snip
Which wasn't a townie post? I mean it was a pretty whatever post, dunno why pisskop cared about it unless he just wanted to rectify his previous waffle on Talah.
It struck me as a good piece of inquisition. Or at least a genuine inquiry. It isn't 'suddenly town', but its honest.
Sure, Ive seen scum ask for that kind of thing. Looks great, feels good. But on a player I'm having trouble deciding for/against it helps.

---

I want this looked at:
In post 465, pisskop wrote:-On Yates
In post 419, Yates wrote:A VT claim DOESN'T mean that the person is auto magically vanilla OR town.You seem to be assuming this.Assuming this is bad.That's the point.
That's not what he said. ZD gave a list of restriction that resulted from his VT claim. Now, I didn't think it was his towniest moment, but
You jumped over that and started spewing about how it doesn't make them either alignment. <<< This is your scumgame as I understand it.
Is this correct?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

FWIW, I think Rogers reads feel town-motivated even if I disagree with some.
The Rach scumread is kind of against the grain and frankly the townreads on her from all over the thread are pretty :?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 476, pisskop wrote: Can you expound a bit for me why Damon is nullscum.
He reads like a player that has a naturally scummy posting style. The problem I have with that is his join date in 2010 but he said that he is rusty which is why I decided to go the benefit of the doubt route; off to a bad start as a rusty player.

He has shown some genuine glimmers that read as sincerity; one example is him actually providing content regarding Mastin's meta after he promised to do so as part of his defense which I think is post #202; I found that post quite sincere and an indicator that I did not want to lynch him.

He is the type of player that its easy to think is scum because on the surface he sounds scummy. That is a weak spot of mine that makes him hard to actually read. The scum part of the null rating is due to his recent lack of posting (because I think the key to reading him will lie in him continuing to post) but he appears to be rectifying that. I need to look at those recent posts.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 118, Damon_Gant wrote:Mastin's play continues to be very bleh. Giving garbage reads, and now trying to spoonfeed us what his meta is. That's not going to work - when I have time tonight I'll be looking at Mastin's meta for myself. It does need doing, because of the unorthodox playstyle - but I'm not going to be told by the player himself what his meta is, and essentially that his meta this game corresponds with his meta for town.
And then doesn't meta Luca.
My experience with Luca is as a lurker/very unhelpful player until later
and additionally there are better fish in the sea to eyeball.
In post 466, Damon_Gant wrote:Checked Luca's meta - Luca pretty much doesn't have a meta, with as far as I could see, only 1 finished game to speak of. None of Luca's posts from that one game read as scummy as the one post Luca has here. I reiterate - I'm happy with my vote.
Wow, it's like two people are reading the same thing and have entirely different opinions.

@Damon- Do you agree/disagree with the bolded Pisskop statement?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:58 am

Post by pisskop »

^^^I was in Luca's one completed game. I don't care how Damon felt about my statement.

Damon is coasting with his vote. Do not like.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:58 am

Post by aptil »

Will finish work and get to this today .
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:00 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Spoiler: Mister Rogers activity response
In post 472, Mister Rogers wrote:If some sort of activity divsion is going to be argued by anyone, then here's an exercise. Assume 5 scum.

Bottom 50%

DeasVail
-- I contend that as Yates, DV has the content and is posting. Town. Well thought out & transparent reads. Meh. So many lurkers Aptil is scummy and I'm feeling his pain on hesitating with Thad...

bjc
-- prod dodging lurker scum that got off to a good start. Null-scum.

SnowStorm
-- Well thought out reads; reservations on limited scope & lack of posting. With PK on this, not a good D1 lynch but needs to man up & post full scope or there is going to be trouble. Leaning town with above stated reservations.

Yates
-- Give the man some room he's working here. Null awaiting results.

RachMarie
-- scum IOA, bad vote Pere and dangit if she isn't lurking up a storm. Willing to hold the townread questioning as posturing.

mastin2
-- scum very bad entry reads, bad vote switch backpedal. So sad r/l tho. :(

projectmatt
-- Town off to a good start but not voting not as good as Snow but benefit of the doubt as with Snow.

aptil
-- scummy prod dodging no voting finger pointing scum

Luca Blight
-- scummy active lurking fencesitting posturing bandwagoning naked voting scum

Nero Cain
-- meh who knows triple lurking (V/LA?) null??

Divide into town/scum/null. Why?

Posting

Mister Rogers
-- Someone give this man a hand up not a hand out, he's confused.

Zdenek
-- rational, scum hunting as with Talah, need to know reads.

talah
-- mostly commentary, mostly commentary on self, focusing on townreads, mentions multiball alot, advised me to vote a lurker, not adding up to town

PeregrineV
-- astonishingly good entrance vote, promises good read content, doesn't belong in the "active posting category" needs to deliver null to town for that entrance and depth of promise -- wait a minute he is still pushing BJC WTH!? Dewd get real? Need to see real or willing to wagon.

AngryPidgeon
-- clarity of catchup (yummy with ketchup?), seems helpful, seems dangerous if scum, prob town, watching reads and actions carefully

BipolarChemist
-- genuine sounding posting, genuine looking reaction to a vig that he appeared to believe, lurking the living crap out of this game just as gleefully, far better targets but unlike Thad I truly am an unwavering sucker for THIS fake dayvig.

ThAdmiral
-- Found it safe to vote for BJC with frustration? Probably genuine because of WK accusation of ZD? Cog-dis over ZD-Chem starting off certain but then being certain its all gut; is this an experienced player re-thinking how people will be viewing him? Don't think he has been posting much? No great scum hunting effort. Something is wrong with this picture somehow. null-scum.

pisskop
-- transparent catchup (not yummy with ketchup :? ). Def willing to follow along eclipses Doc bad start. Town.

4nxi3ty
-- very low contribution levels. Caught Luca active lurking. Wishy washy with voting. Left off voting DG (popular on, not popular off?) not sure if genuine could be low profile scum. Too cautious. prob scum.

Damon_Gant
-- bad start. rusty. the benefit of the doubt train is hitting its final stop. Needs to post alot. Now. null scum.

All of these players have been available and responding. If you have a scumread on them, give the post that states your case for why they are scum.

Go!

Dang anything to clear my head right now.

Let me stare at this post for awhile and cast a vote.

they are sorted in highest posting to lowest posting within in each group.

I'll respond later, but you think talah, 4nxiety and ThAd are the active posting scum, and Luca, aptil, Mastin, are the low posting scum?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 480, pisskop wrote: Damon is coasting with his vote. Do not like.
What? He was voting for BJC and now hes on Luca. Id hear arguments that his votes are easy to make, but I dont see how hes 'coasting' with it.
I think Gant's posts fell generally town.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

feel**
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 394, talah wrote: But no, I'm not going to have 5-6 scumreads in a 20 player game.
I might have a couple of scum leans at this stage
Here is a player that is trying to portray a laid back approach, a couple of scum leans because, you know, its early and everything.
but I'm mainly looking at townposting and for D1 who's the most likely scum to push / advocate / agree with a few days out from deadline.
More probity, using townreads to PoE, focusing over a week ahead.

Overnight to this:
In post 470, talah wrote:
Can we just wagon someone please? At this stage I don't even care if it's me.

@Mister - don't dream it, do it.

@Everyone else who's not voting or thinks #unvote is a cool thing the kids are doing these days - take a fricking position will you? Use your vote for *something*

I've never been so lost in a game of Mafia.
Something is askew with the self-portrayal here. I was looking for solutions from Talah today. Instead I get a massive dose of AtE & a lump of cog-dis.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Vote Talah
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 479, PeregrineV wrote:
And then doesn't meta Luca.
My experience with Luca is as a lurker/very unhelpful player until later
and additionally there are better fish in the sea to eyeball.
Wow, it's like two people are reading the same thing and have entirely different opinions.

@Damon- Do you agree/disagree with the bolded Pisskop statement?
First it should be noted that pisskop was playing the completed game with Luca in (Luca was town, pisskop was scum), and so having been in it he has more of a feel for the game as a whole compared to me who just read through Luca's ISO. That being said, I generally disagree with pisskop's bolded statement. Luca would admittedly fall away from the game for days at a time, but his posting was ok if not inspiring. He contributed much more to the early game than he has here, and also did not prod dodge as he has here.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 482, PeregrineV wrote:
Spoiler: Mister Rogers activity response
In post 472, Mister Rogers wrote:If some sort of activity divsion is going to be argued by anyone, then here's an exercise. Assume 5 scum.

Bottom 50%

DeasVail
-- I contend that as Yates, DV has the content and is posting. Town. Well thought out & transparent reads. Meh. So many lurkers Aptil is scummy and I'm feeling his pain on hesitating with Thad...

bjc
-- prod dodging lurker scum that got off to a good start. Null-scum.

SnowStorm
-- Well thought out reads; reservations on limited scope & lack of posting. With PK on this, not a good D1 lynch but needs to man up & post full scope or there is going to be trouble. Leaning town with above stated reservations.

Yates
-- Give the man some room he's working here. Null awaiting results.

RachMarie
-- scum IOA, bad vote Pere and dangit if she isn't lurking up a storm. Willing to hold the townread questioning as posturing.

mastin2
-- scum very bad entry reads, bad vote switch backpedal. So sad r/l tho. :(

projectmatt
-- Town off to a good start but not voting not as good as Snow but benefit of the doubt as with Snow.

aptil
-- scummy prod dodging no voting finger pointing scum

Luca Blight
-- scummy active lurking fencesitting posturing bandwagoning naked voting scum

Nero Cain
-- meh who knows triple lurking (V/LA?) null??

Divide into town/scum/null. Why?

Posting

Mister Rogers
-- Someone give this man a hand up not a hand out, he's confused.

Zdenek
-- rational, scum hunting as with Talah, need to know reads.

talah
-- mostly commentary, mostly commentary on self, focusing on townreads, mentions multiball alot, advised me to vote a lurker, not adding up to town

PeregrineV
-- astonishingly good entrance vote, promises good read content, doesn't belong in the "active posting category" needs to deliver null to town for that entrance and depth of promise -- wait a minute he is still pushing BJC WTH!? Dewd get real? Need to see real or willing to wagon.

AngryPidgeon
-- clarity of catchup (yummy with ketchup?), seems helpful, seems dangerous if scum, prob town, watching reads and actions carefully

BipolarChemist
-- genuine sounding posting, genuine looking reaction to a vig that he appeared to believe, lurking the living crap out of this game just as gleefully, far better targets but unlike Thad I truly am an unwavering sucker for THIS fake dayvig.

ThAdmiral
-- Found it safe to vote for BJC with frustration? Probably genuine because of WK accusation of ZD? Cog-dis over ZD-Chem starting off certain but then being certain its all gut; is this an experienced player re-thinking how people will be viewing him? Don't think he has been posting much? No great scum hunting effort. Something is wrong with this picture somehow. null-scum.

pisskop
-- transparent catchup (not yummy with ketchup :? ). Def willing to follow along eclipses Doc bad start. Town.

4nxi3ty
-- very low contribution levels. Caught Luca active lurking. Wishy washy with voting. Left off voting DG (popular on, not popular off?) not sure if genuine could be low profile scum. Too cautious. prob scum.

Damon_Gant
-- bad start. rusty. the benefit of the doubt train is hitting its final stop. Needs to post alot. Now. null scum.

All of these players have been available and responding. If you have a scumread on them, give the post that states your case for why they are scum.

Go!

Dang anything to clear my head right now.

Let me stare at this post for awhile and cast a vote.

they are sorted in highest posting to lowest posting within in each group.

I'll respond later, but you think talah, 4nxiety and ThAd are the active posting scum, and Luca, aptil, Mastin, are the low posting scum?
Meh Thad activity is kinda low its kind of hard to draw the line. Rach is also low posting scum. And, ha ha, yes BJC is scum but don't think that justifies anything. :P
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 480, pisskop wrote: Damon is coasting with his vote. Do not like.
My vote is fine, but if you mean that my last few posts have been too focussed on Luca, that's a fair criticism. My next post will be about some other players.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Coasting on a Luca vote is just bad.

@DG: You joined in 2010. Why don't you know this?

Same thing goes for Anx.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So 'fore I spend my time catching up later tonight has anything significant happened yet?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So 'fore I spend my time catching up later tonight has anything significant happened yet?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:29 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 491, Nero Cain wrote:So 'fore I spend my time catching up later tonight has anything significant happened yet?
Well lets see. Yates claimed Professor Moody with a "Dabbles in the dark arts" guilty on you ;)

Balls in your court, scumbag.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

I'm totally serious too. We are actually debating over voting someone that has 1 post and 1 naked BW vote.

I think the PK issue needs addressing though.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:34 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 494, Mister Rogers wrote:I think the PK issue needs addressing though.
Pisskop? Did I miss something specific?
Do you think aptil votes are just as useless/bad as luca votes? I mean I guess aptil has slightly more content, but I see a slew of people voting both of these players who, imo, are lurking and nullville.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 433, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 376, Mister Rogers wrote:Pardon me but are you guys a hydra? Or is it scum buddies? I mean, why are you answering for Yates here?
Wow, what a terrible post. No, I happened to agree with Yates about the Vig interaction. People townreading the situation ARE being naive and your stated reasons for voting Yates don't make any sense. I'll call bullshit out when I see it, thanks.

The only thing that bothered me about Pisskop was his stance on Talah:
In post 350, pisskop wrote:At this point, I want to say that Talah's style of posting seems to have a natural town feel.
In post 350, pisskop wrote:Not too sure on him, but still leaning scum.
And the quoted posts seem mostly arbitrary on top of this. Then suddenly he affirms Talah is town after this post:
In post 355, talah wrote:Pidgeon - quick one from work - were you asked to join this game, or did you replace in of your own accord?

And did you skim / read any of the thread prior to replacing in?
In post 357, pisskop wrote:talah can be towny for now
Which wasn't a townie post? I mean it was a pretty whatever post, dunno why pisskop cared about it unless he just wanted to rectify his previous waffle on Talah.
LOLZ

Unvote
Vote: pisskop
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 435, Yates wrote:Probably the fact you immediately dropped your pursuit after a VT claim.
I'm gonna do that a lot today. That's hardly indicative of game changing.
In post 435, Yates wrote:Right. To me a normal conversation looks like what we are doing now. When there's just a back and forth between two people over a super short period of time? It stands out.
I don't get it - "stands out" - who gives a fuck?
In post 435, Yates wrote:You dropping the focus off Chemist entirely is another. I don't know if it's because you are scum buddies and you feel like you got the Town to read you both as Town as a result of your gambit or if YOU are scum and just don't want to pursue a VT since you'd rather nail a PR. I also wouldn't expect you - as Town - to just assume Chemist is Town because he claimed VT as if that isn't the most common fake scum claim ever. I don't really like any of these scenarios and I don't understand the game play here.
We're on day one. I voted BPC for something that looked out of place. He said he was being sarcastic. I did't really buy it, but based on my interactions with him, it seems like a more reasonable explanation that I thought it was.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 447, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 330, Zdenek wrote:Nope. I contend that a bunch of people reacted poorly to a day one scum claim.
I don't want to fight about this, but what is a "good" (as opposed to poor) reaction to a day one scum claim?
Good, idk, but there are ones that are "not poor." In this thread even. Even one written by you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 493, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 491, Nero Cain wrote:So 'fore I spend my time catching up later tonight has anything significant happened yet?
Well lets see. Yates claimed Professor Moody with a "Dabbles in the dark arts" guilty on you ;)

Balls in your court, scumbag.
I CC.

But why the need to fluff it up when I'm asking a legit question?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”