NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:33 am

Post by talah »

Fine. Not like Pidgeon's gonna happen today anyway.

VOTE: 4nxi3ty

Baa-aaa
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:41 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

LOOK HOW MUCH FUN WE'RE HAVING!!!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:59 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

^sighzors, all that effort wasted

---
In post 791, PeregrineV wrote:Snow reads as town based on postings so far. I disagree with his bjc opinion, but like his posting.
it sortish in the tone when he attacks damon, like he is building towards a lynch. This phrase is a good example about what I'm getting at: "So you're knowingly basing your vote on bad logic."

and these feel like he may be buddyingup:
In post 73, SnowStorm wrote:I like Mr. Rogers. I agree with him on Doc and his wagon-happiness; and on 4nxi3ty and his unconvinced votes, they're easy to backtrack and pretty much pointless.
In post 122, SnowStorm wrote:I kinda like bjc's #82. I like the tone and his points against Doc and Peregrine.
also, why does Luca's wagon-happiness not show up on his radar?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 739, talah wrote:So here's what's going to happen with my pet scumlurker over the next few days:

HAI LUCA

He'll post just around or after the next dodge with an opinion on one or two of the non-controversial but mentioned players, probably laying down suspicion on someone like bjc or a quizzical query on Admiral or Pere.

A couple of days later, he'll apologise for lack of content again, and promise a catch up in the next couple of days.

He'll come back with three or four days from deadline and post a strong position on a townie for bad reasons. Then he'll attack one or two popular alternatives, very gently mind you, and place his vote on said strong-positioned townie. Posting twice or three times in the process!

Then two days out from deadline he'll say his vote needs to change to the most popular town candidate for lynch, and if there's opportunity or division close to deadline, he'll compromise on whatever townie's available.

I'm an Oracle.

You've got me sussed.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 801, ThAdmiral wrote:Image

Yeahhhhhh... no. I'm not feeling it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Haha that is funny. You are coming across as town to me, as is Pisskop, so I will go ahead and UNVOTE: Pisskop

VOTE: 4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

huh, hmmm
In post 670, Luca Blight wrote:I have been terribly busy recently which is the reason for my lack of posting, I have a day off tomorrow so will try and catch up then. It wouldn't feel right to post reads without having given the thread my full attention.
you're not comfortable posting reads til you catchup, but you are comfortable placing a vote?
and you were never voting pisskop?
whats the deal here: town-tryintoget-reactions-with-wagonhops or scum taking the too-scummy-tobescum-route?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Legit lold. Still anxiety not taking a hard stance on mastin isn't scummy and the frustration over being scum read for this reads genuine? Could be genuine and scum, but less likely and anxiety not trying to appease anyone by faking confidence seems promising for his townieness
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Re 802: but both alignments buddy? I don't see why him stating what he agrees with is scum buddying. Lucas recent posts feel like TAM from anything goes. Who was town and lurker lynched d1.

Yes and nice discredit rather than engaging me Talah. Very town motivated.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.13
4nxi3ty [4 votes] (ThAdmiral, Damon_Gant, talah, Luca Blight)
pisskop [3 votes] (bjc, Zdenek, Yates)
Yates [2 votes] (projectmatt, pisskop)
Damon_Gant [2 votes] (SnowStorm, mastin2)
talah [2 votes] (AngryPidgeon, Mister Rogers)
mastin2 [2 votes] (BipolarChemist, PeregrineV)
Luca Blight [1 vote] (4nxi3ty)
aptil [1 vote] (DeasVail)
Nero Cain [1 vote] (RachMarie)
Mister Rogers [1 vote] (Nero Cain)

1 player is not voting
: {aptil}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Activity
Nobody has recently been prodded.
BipolarChemist is V/LA until March 23rd.
mastin2 is V/LA until March 31st.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

Before: Luca Blight [3] (Damon_Gant, 4nxi3ty, talah)
After: 4nxi3ty [4] (ThAdmiral, Damon_Gant, talah, Luca Blight)

This looks funny, in a bad way. Can we just lynch them all?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 809, Plessiez wrote:4nxi3ty [4 votes] (ThAdmiral, Damon_Gant, talah, Luca Blight)
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by pisskop »

On the plus side, I feel happy to no longer be leading wagon.

Also AP v. Talah can be S/T interaction.

pedit:

+1 at above 2 quotes. That wagon's starting to turn into a buffet.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Plessiez »

Snork replaces bjc.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 748, talah wrote:The other thing - err I don't even know what you're getting at. I knew AP didn't have info on Luca (or at least, strongly suspected he didn't), and if he actually did I would have dropped it immediately on a say-so. Turns out he didn't, so I am still Not seeing the issue with wagonning the crap out of lurkers while we have a week on the clock. Apparently that's scummy, to want content from lurkers.
That's not what you're doing. You are cog-dis being an experienced player but:
Talah wrote:I've never been so lost in a game of Mafia.
I mean which player are you the one that is waiting patiently with PoE or this:
Talah wrote:Can we just wagon someone please? At this stage I don't even care if it's me.
You are posturing here because you "know" that nobody is going to take you up on it.

Kick your game into gear or get lynched.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Snork »

Skimmed to ~pg 17; now reading in full. @page 12.

Looking at the most recent VC, I'm disappointed the DG wagon dissolved.

REALLY want to point at this:
In post 229, PeregrineV wrote:Damon is town.
talah is town
ThAd is town.
Yates is town.
Rogers is town.
At the point this was posted, these are
Really Bad Reads
TM.

Current town core consists of {mastin, snow, zd, DV}
pmatt, 4nx, MR, and Yates are coming in close to being included there.

Scum reads {DG, Thad, PV, Talah} in order of strength.

BC's reaction was not townie at all, imo. Yates hit it on the nose. It does NOT look organic. In fact:
In post 177, BipolarChemist wrote:Fair enough. At least I'm just VT, yo. I assume I can post until I'm actually dead? At least that's what I got from the rules.
this looks a lot more like he's trying to add credibility to the reaction by pretending to have uncertainty about whether he's dead or not, and whether the rules indicate he can post or not. This isn't exactly how I want to say this, cuz it really doesn't explain how this reads to me, but it certainly does not come across as genuine. Also, I'd expect an angrier reaction from town. Something with a bit more indignation; not feigned ignorance and nonchalance.

So, BC is a second-degree scumread, along with Rach.

About Rach: Originally, I really liked the whole "why are you townreading me" bit, but that's such a simple thing to throw out at anyone regardless of alignment. What dropped her from a fairly strong town read to could-be-scum is the utter lack of contribution following her acknowledgment that most people in the thread at the time were, in fact, town reading her. Doesn't feel right.

I'm having huge problems with anyone town reading DG.

Finishing my read through, and will post more in-depth details on the above reads as soon as I'm done. I've just been really excited to get those out as I've been reading and not able to post since I wasn't actually replaced in yet.

VOTE: DG
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 754, talah wrote:How many scum do you think are in the lurkers? (And seriously if you say 25% I'm just going to ignore you for a bit because obviously you don't give a crap about OUR GAME THAT WE'RE PLAYING RIGHT NOW), so Tia for a measured response.

:S
So you and DG are synching up on this then huh?

That's not the only synching up that's going with DG either or with Matt.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Hello yet unidentified alt of aomeone who clearly knows what they are doing.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Snork »

Also, I know I'm missing people but I'm not quite caught up on the replacements just yet. I left out doc/luca cuz their presence in the thread at the point I'm currently reading is like non-existent and they will need closer inspection.

OH aptil. I forgot aptil. He's in my original town list and I can't remember why, and at this moment, I don't feel he belongs there. Not sure where he belongs yet. More soon.

-pedit: thanks? :mrgreen:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Also Snork's entry post looks ridiculously town.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by talah »

Rogers, I have - what - half a dozen? Eight? - completed games under my belt including a couple I replaced out of. Where you're getting the idea that I'm some kind of superscum or supertown I have no idea. Historically I've been able to town pretty hard by screaming and raging, but I really don't like that aspect of myself. So yeah, I have some *personal* cog-dis, but unless it's related to me gaining some kind of scum-benefit - what's the purpose of even pointing it out?

Now, tottle off like a good sprung unit and stop loading me up with your pointless questions when I already have a significant backlog of reasonable questions to catch up with. If you think I'm scum,
PUSH FOR MY WAGON!!!!!!1!!1
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

The only not-town part of Snork's post is the lack of Roger's in it. Frankly, rogers should be in every townblock at this point.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh MR is Rogers Im dumb.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 757, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 729, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 726, Nero Cain wrote:?????????

I think it was pretty obvious that me and Mastin didn't have the same reads on Luca and you asking me to comment on something that serves no purpose other than cluttering up the thread with a useless discussion. I know you are "new" but players disagree with each other all the time; its not scummy to disagree.

I'm townreading Mastin b/c A.) I don't think he's done anything real scummy and B.)

But I'm a bit curious here...I know Mastin is in your "greys" but why ask me about him?

@Damon-stop "eyeballin'" yo...I'm already spoken for.
Its not just Luca but also Aptil & Thad. I also asked you about those two reads. If you check they are both in my Grey too.

I never said it was scummy to disagree but as someone that was basically "new" to the thread going through those posts AND having a differing opinion on a key read (Luca and the exact same opinion as myself) that you would notice that Mastin's reads looked awful strange, as I did.

It is a key point in my estimation because Mastin is unreadable EXCEPT for his reads.

What do you think of Mastin's reads on Aptil & Thad the way he expressed them?
Your original question was about Mastin's Luca read. I don't remember you asking about Apitil and Thad. Can you quote this?
In post 724, Mister Rogers wrote:Those are two questions:

1) Didn't his read look bizarre to you? And his opening reads in general (the 3 I mentioned)?
but still...I don't see how this conversation benefits town at all.
I have alot of respect for you as a player and I can only think that you are kind of reaching with this.

1) Every one of those reads are a key point in my take on this game and I am a town player in this game, I count too. You are also a very experienced player that shares at least one of my reads (but I barfed on DG's post just like you too).

2) Asking players for their reads is helpful to the town. Don't forget you are practically "replacing in" here and your take on the game counts.

3) I mean c'mon this question? I don't need to go on and on about it.

You seem really concerned with Mastin for little to no reason. Mastin is grey for you (I'm assuming that is null leaning scum) and I don't understand why you'd waste so much energy on someone that has very little chance of being the days lynch as apposed to trying to rally the town to lynch your top scum suspect.
Fair enough. I don't want those reads of his to be buried in the sands of time; they struck me as bad enough but the reason I am asking YOU is because you saw the same thing on Luca that I did -- the exact same thing and Mastin didn't. I mean reading Mastin is important, at least I think it is.
And if you are so concerned with Mastin then why haven't you had a convo with AP? Or have you had one and you can show this to me?
AP hasn't had a convo with me.
I don't care about Mastin...I don't care about Apitil...I don't care about Thad.
Thanks for the help.
The only thing I do care about is lynching your scum ass
Bring it big man. And you'd also better bring a strong town game because right now you look like tunneling scum.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 819, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also Snork's entry post looks ridiculously town.
In post 821, AngryPidgeon wrote:The only not-town part of Snork's post is the lack of Roger's in it. Frankly, rogers should be in every townblock at this point.
In post 822, AngryPidgeon wrote:Oh MR is Rogers Im dumb.
Thank you.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”