NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Did I say that? Its and actual, real live question. Please answer it.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 40, DeasVail wrote:I can also confirm that talah was not burned by me whatsoever. Rogers, what was it that gave you that impression? Also, why are you so interested in the game? What do you hope to gain from having the link to it?
As I mentioned, it does provide a meta sample of Talah's town game for a reference, right?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1150, Mister Rogers wrote:Did I say that? Its and actual, real live question. Please answer it.
I don't know how many times I have to say I'm not going to before you get the hint.
In post 1151, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 40, DeasVail wrote:I can also confirm that talah was not burned by me whatsoever. Rogers, what was it that gave you that impression? Also, why are you so interested in the game? What do you hope to gain from having the link to it?
As I mentioned, it does provide a meta sample of Talah's town game for a reference, right?
Yes, it does.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 59, Zdenek wrote: Taleh, is this DV dotting i's and crossing t's?

I really dislike that first sentence and
that question about why someone would ask for a link to a game odd
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Are you trying to scumread me?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Bert Alt Rogers wrote:@DV:
You played with Talah in Gundam. Why didn't you notice the difference in his play here?
In post 1133, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1132, Mister Rogers wrote:Are you referencing something specific here or just throwing out general tips?

Did you answer my question
that you have dodged once (twice?) already?
I am referencing your previous post.

I
didn't and
don't intend to
(basically it's a question to which there is no reasonable answer and I think discussing it would be wasting everyone's time).
In post 1152, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1150, Mister Rogers wrote:
So its OK, that Taleh is not scum hunting here but is normally a scum hunting bunny?

Its an actual, real live question.
Please answer it
I don't know how many times I have to say
I'm not going to
before you get the hint.
So far once for each of two questions. But don't worry, I won't ask you the same question twice.

@DV: Don't you find it odd that you are doing more scum hunting than Talah and that you defend better against the meta case than he does? <=== How about this?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1154, DeasVail wrote:Are you trying to scumread me?
Are you scum? If you are, then yes.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

And if you are town, it would be very helpful if you would just please be forthright about Talah not scum hunting.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1155, Mister Rogers wrote:So far once for each of two questions. But don't worry, I won't ask you the same question twice.

@DV: Don't you find it odd that you are doing more scum hunting than Talah and that you defend better against the meta case than he does? <=== How about this?
Oh well I don't really care for that one either.

Me defending better than he does probably is more an indicator of town-Talah than scum-Talah and since I also tend to have much poorer scumhunting when I'm being hounded, I don't find it incredibly odd, no.

PEdit: I think that saying that Talah is not scumhunting is an exaggeration.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 1158, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1155, Mister Rogers wrote:So far once for each of two questions. But don't worry, I won't ask you the same question twice.

Oh well I don't really care for that one either.

Me defending better than he does probably is more an indicator of town-Talah than scum-Talah and since I also tend to have much poorer scumhunting when I'm being hounded, I don't find it incredibly odd, no.

PEdit: I think that saying that Talah is not scumhunting is an exaggeration.
Ok but at least you answered this one, thanks. Ok, but its clear he isn't scum hunting like his normal happy go lucky, vociferous self, wouldn't you say?

Are you saying you buy his excuse that people attacking him prevented him from scum hunting? Becauase you know, I had him as Very Strong Town for a very long time until he posted, "I'm lost". He had DAYS to get into the groove but he didn't.

So what is your explanation for that since really nobody was hounding him and certainly not me? <===
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1159, Mister Rogers wrote:Ok, but its clear he isn't scum hunting like his normal happy go lucky, vociferous self, wouldn't you say?
I think it's pretty understandable, as I can relate to a few of his feelings and I'm not even the one being attacked.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Yes I can relate to his feelings too. But seeing as how this is a game and we play to win, its important to play well. The point is
frustration
is null generally speaking. Scum feel frustrated too. The truth is though a proper defense avoids much frustration. More than that, proper play makes a proper defense easy.

Meh. Anyway, I can tell you like Talah and you want him to be town and that's about it I guess.

I have suggested several reasons why he isn't town. I hope you will consider them.

Good day and thanks for the help.

PS Are you town aligned neighborhood encryptor?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1161, Mister Rogers wrote:Meh. Anyway, I can tell you like Talah and you want him to be town and that's about it I guess.
Please do not disrespect my opinion.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Ok. Kewl. Please be honest and as objective as possible. Heck if you are willing to do that I'll even lynch Luca right now.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

You know, on being objective and everything, do you have town meta of Talah similar to his play this game?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

No.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Meh. Well I mean notice how people like AP & Snor are actively scum hunting (and yourself too!). They have town profiles. It means they are most likely town. Talah doesn't have this profile and you have never seen him play like this; I think I have demonstrated in many different ways why his profile is scummy.

Would you lynch Talah at deadline?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

You know DV is kind of peaceful talking to you. I like ur exclamation points in your posts. I even used that in one of my posts too lol.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Its true. I try to be nice to people but I play very aggressively. I just assume people can handle it.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by RachMarie »

My head aches something fierce and I ended up skimming several pages here due to the amount of vitriol.

Could we please tone it down and remember that it IS a game and focus on the playstyle and not the player. thanks.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I go away for one day and there's 14 fucking pages, are you kidding me?

Page 33: rip in peace Anxiety wagon. You know what's funny is that no one seems to have a problem with the wagon itself, just the people on the wagon. It's like no one even mentions anxiety or anything to do with anxiety about why the wagon isn't good. I'm mainly looking at snowstorm, ap, pisskop here.

Page 34: pisskop and snork fight. They both seem pretty abrasive so its entertaining, but otherwise unenlightening.

Page 35: pisskop v snork continues. As does rogers v nero. If I had to pick sides I'd go with snork and rogers, but I have little interest in lynching any of these people. Well, I could probably be convinced to vote pisskop if it came down to it.

Page 36: More rogers v nero.

Page 37: Rogers encourages nero to give input on people other than rogers. Rach states rogers v nero feels like t v t. I have to agree.
talah jumps off the anxiety wagon. What it's still the equal largest with a paltry 3 votes?
LIKE ITS ALL GOOD AND WELL TO BE DISSIN' PEOPLE'S WAGONS, BUT THEN YOU GOTTA PROVIDE A DECENT ALTERNATIVE. AND I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE LUCA IS A FUCKING COP OUT.

Page 38:
In post 927, Damon_Gant wrote:
In post 805, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 801, ThAdmiral wrote:Image

LOOK HOW MUCH FUN WE'RE HAVING!!!
Haha that is funny. You are coming across as town to me, as is Pisskop, so I will go ahead and UNVOTE: Pisskop

VOTE: 4nxi3ty
This seriously needs lynching. This is the best contribution he could come up with? Not to mention he said he wouldn't post reads until giving the thread his full attention. This does not look like the post of someone who has given the thread 15 minutes.
Then vote him? My townread on gant is wavering.

Talah votes himself. Why do people do this? ffs

Page 39: Deas vail returns. his shortlist to lynch is: anxiety, pisskop, aptil. Not a bad list. Talah v snork forms, the ultimate battle of cat v dog.

Page 40: luca blight reappears and jumps on the growing talah wagon. He is a bit of a serial wagon jumper isn't he? I feel like he's going to cop flack for this, and he'll deserve it too.
I have to say I like snork's posting. He seems to be trying to get a genuine read on people, like talah, instead of just looking for ways to twist words and condemn them.

Page 41: this page is entirely rogers, talah, snork and is about the most inane shit you can imagine.

page 42: oh my fucking god will you idiots shut up! This was so frustrating to read.
so this is why I wake up to 14 fucking pages.

page 43:
In post 1053, SnowStorm wrote:WTF are you all arguing about?
snowstorm summarising my thoughts exactly
In post 1054, Snork wrote:It's not worth reading, trust me. None of it.
Snork, to his credit, accurately describing the previous few pages

Snork and Snowstorm trade reads. Not terrible lists but I'm in both scum piles so I don't love them
that
much.

Page 44: Matt comes back in and votes luca blight. Gant also votes blight. I'll be surprised if luca isn't the lynch today but I still can't help feeling its a bit of a cop out.
In post 1099, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 1095, projectmatt wrote:Well, let me ask, what do you think of Luca?
Luca is scummy as heck. Obvscum. But he is also low hanging fruit. He's great bus material. He's a bad analysis wagon (imo -- am I wrong?); we'd probably be doing scum a favor by lynching him (I know sounds bizarre but if you don't get my point, meh).

Here's the other thing: On the off chance that Luca is town (I don't believe it for a second BUT he does seem to being scummy in a way, deliberately) that will DEFINITELY be a bad wagon to analyze because everybody and his brother wants to vote Luca -- and you know what? Something is wrong with that. But hey, don't get me wrong the dewd is obvscum.
This is a pretty good post that more or less describes my feelings about the luca wagon.

page 45:
In post 1100, Mister Rogers wrote:@ZD: No, votes for Luca are not scummy but in my opinion, they are a great place for scum to be bussing & maybe even hiding (their votes).
Then again if luca does get lynched his wagon will be a pretty decent place to go looking for scum, no matter what he flips.
In post 1101, Yates wrote:Looks like the Luca wagon is picking up steam. Still not sure why but whatever.
It's because he's not posting for stretches and then coming in to place a wagon vote. It's pretty obvious really.
In post 1104, Nero Cain wrote:I don't want to read the talah-bert rogers-snork threesome so was there anything important there?
No.
I read it all and... just no.

Nero jumps on the luca wagon, stating that regardless of alignment players like this should be lynched. I think that's something we've always disagreed with.
Rogers accuses nero of bussing.

page 46:
In post 1139, AngryPidgeon wrote:I sure hope pages 37 to 46 are less pedantic bullshit than p 36 was.
Uh I don't think you're going to like page 41-43 all that much...

page 47: I don't like mr rogers trying to bully deas vail in to scumreading talah. To be honest I'm not convinced that talah is scum either. I think he's acting stupid particularly in regards to the self-vote and the whole not answering snorks question for 3 pages, but that type of stubbornness reminds me of myself when I'm town and being attacked.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Snork »

Was hoping to talk with AP today but seems I missed him. Was also looking for something from Rach, and found this lovely piece of townposting.
/sarcasm

In post 1169, RachMarie wrote:My head aches something fierce and I ended up skimming several pages here due to the amount of vitriol.

Could we please tone it down and remember that it IS a game and focus on the playstyle and not the player. thanks.
Thanks for the update on your bodily status, as well as the unnecessary scolding from someone who has absolutely no place to be scolding anyone.

How about you provide some content? What are your reads? Where do you stand on the Talah wagon? The Luca wagon? Their supporters?
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Snork »

ThAd, despite how inane the argument with Talah was, I'm surprised you don't have a comment on his unwillingness to acknowledge the point and answer the question I had for him.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Snork »

Disregard; I missed your last sentence.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1170, ThAdmiral wrote:Nero jumps on the luca wagon, stating that regardless of alignment players like this should be lynched. I think that's something we've always disagreed with.
Luca has a great possibility to be scum. That right there is a good reason to vote him and on the off chance that he's town we aren't going to lose much and it already has atleast 3 town on it (me and two town reads in 4nx and pmatt) so you should join it.

But Bert is doing his best to scare everyone away from the Luca wagon by accusing them of bussing.
I don't like mr rogers trying to bully deas vail in to scumreading talah.
he also did this to me but with Mastin.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”